Install Arc
Options

Season 11 - New Dawn

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    oslo5 wrote: »
    I'm glad that as always, Cryptic's attention to details--or lack thereof--is consistent. Tell me, how did Leeta manage not to age in the last 40 years?
    Stolen Future Technology?
    Maybe their "Insurrection" Event lead to a different outcome than ours and now the youth fountain radiation of that nebula is available to the rich and powerful?

And it seems Bajorans in general age well - the arbiter that handled the case of Curzon Dax apparent betrayal was 100 years and looked like a 60 year old human woman or something like that.​​
    I'd forgotten about that, but that is true that the Bajoran lifespan may be longer than the human one. We humans seem to be pretty lowly in that regard in the Trek universe.
    Is there any race OTHER than Ocampans which ages faster than humans?

If there is, I can't recall it offhand other than some fanfic stuff.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Ya I know what game i'll be playing on Oct 27 when it comes to STO vs TOR...TOR wins

As well don't forget gw2's expansion comes out on the 23rd. Is where I am leaning more toward that expansion than any other game due to it being the least grindy. As well when some kind of new content comes out I expect it to be some kind of surprise and enriched quality. Unless they have changed gears the season 11 will consist of the old DS9 fleet action split up into two queues tied to a new rep and then more grind with the admiralty system. Although the admiralty system if it does not let you gain any ship mastery those of us with tons of alts won't find it very satisfying because there really isn't much to gain from that system other than that being just another doff system.

I liked the raptor pilot ships but I gotta say that it won't really matter how good the season is if there is no bop love there won't be any logging in for me. Just a summary they can take note of less grind, less xp grind, admiralty system having/being a way to get those ship mastery tiers done, and updated bops to buy and then I will say oh I love this but if not I will say I hate this. Okay yeah that sums it up.
    T6 B'Rel has been sighted "so I hear".
    I'm glad that as always, Cryptic's attention to details--or lack thereof--is consistent. Tell me, how did Leeta manage not to age in the last 40 years?
    Maybe their "Insurrection" Event lead to a different outcome than ours and now the youth fountain radiation of that nebula is available to the rich and powerful?

And it seems Bajorans in general age well - the arbiter that handled the case of Curzon Dax apparent betrayal was 100 years and looked like a 60 year old human woman or something like that.​​
    Excellent point. That little old judge was hilarious. Especially the interplay between her not wanting to be there so long she'd age even more, and being confused on whether or not she was the old lady between her and Jadzia.
    So the war was bust. The fleets of 3 major empires are in ruins. Mirror universe is invading. All were doing is exploring the galaxy right now. Except the sandboxes were removed from the game. So now were going to get a 6 part mini on exploring the galaxy.

What happened to making the Borg a playable race that takes advantage of the lack of resistance, and the Iconion debris fields. Right now the Borg should have assimilated the Sheliak, Talarian's, Tamarian, Mizarian, Whoopi Goldberg to do the intro as Guinan: Guinan: My people encountered them a century ago. They destroyed our cities, scattered my people throughout the galaxy. They're called the Borg. Protect yourself, Captain, or they'll destroy you.

With Q making comments as well like: You can't outrun them, you can't destroy them. If you damage them, the essence of what they are remains. They regenerate and keep coming. Eventually you will weaken. Your reserves will be gone. They are relentless!
    Any kind of authentic playable Borg wouldn't work. Who wants to be a drone? It doesn't lend to good storytelling. You receive a directive to assimilate or destroy this or that and then you do it. It would be fine in some kind of RTS mode but it's a side game not a story.

Nor is it anything Cryptic ever promised.

Just look at how many Borg ships we've destroyed, they'd be the weakest faction in the game.

Second, we spent the first half of Delta Rising killing off the Borg. They're at a fraction of their power.
    What are Klinks doing: The Iconion destruction of the High counsel has left a void in leadership. Fights break out between rival houses battling for seats on the High Councel. In the mist of all this the Gorn Empire makes a play for independence.

Crime escalates in all sectors as the Orion Syndicate takes advantage of the destruction. Raiding ship grave yards.
    I've said it elsewhere many times, I am ALL in on a Klingon Civil War arc with territory control and clan politics.
    In light of the Mirrior Universe invasion Bajor make the decision to rebuild their fleet of warships angering Cardassia Prime. Plague breaks out on war ravaged worlds leading to massive medical relief efforts.
    Bajor NEVER had a fleet of warships or the infrastructure to build them. And it would be redundant since they're you know, members of the Federation.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Develop a plot for god sakes. Rather than your exploring the galaxy!
    And all of the ideas you offer, sir, are very good plot seeds; it would indeed be a shame to see them relegated to entries in the 'Post War Era' collection.
    But on the other hand.... I can't see them going in THAT many directions with the new season. separate stories focused on three KDF sub-factions not behaving? Nuh-uh. Besides.... that would be a step backwards in terms of story. That stuff is in the past...

Also... he started with playable Borg.... no. Not gonna happen except in a full expansion.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Can we get those new mirror universe uniforms? PLEASE! The belt, jackets, that dagger/planet arm attachment thing, Leeta's shorts, etc. In the Art section of the forums someone had already posted that they found an Odyssey jacket for females in the foundry that was made to look similar to the Enterprise Era mirror universe jacket for females, and it's similar to the jacket the lady is wearing in the dev blog. Put it in the c-store and I'll buy it. :) Edit: And the armor that Klingon is wearing in the blog.
  • Options
    kesselrunner#0768 kesselrunner Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    janus1975 wrote: »
    Sorry but so far it's gone from having an exploration focus with an end to the Iconian threat, to being pew pew with bigger badder enemy that's bigger and badder thanks to the Iconians. Delta Rising Vaadwuaar Mk II.

Still, it's nice to be disappointed in anticipation, rather than afterwards like Delta Rising, so I suppose that counts as an improvement :/

I suppose it's best to not get your hopes up in the first place. ;) I keep hoping that having a maxed out diplomacy will allow me dialog options that will help avoid a fight, but no dice...​​
  • Options
    sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Any ideas or hints what will happen to those Delta Recruits who have not yet ENTERED the Cardassian storyline, and who are still too far away to finish it by October 27th? Will they be able to still collect all 41 (I think the count was) of the Delta Recruit rewards?
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,761 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    MU faction would be cool. MU official uniforms. MU space. MU other things too. MU hats and t-shirts. MU foot wear and MU endorsements. MU cereal for breakfast.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter

And it seems Bajorans in general age well - the arbiter that handled the case of Curzon Dax apparent betrayal was 100 years and looked like a 60 year old human woman or something like that.
    I'd forgotten about that, but that is true that the Bajoran lifespan may be longer than the human one. We humans seem to be pretty lowly in that regard in the Trek universe.
    Is there any race OTHER than Ocampans which ages faster than humans?

Xindi insectoids are the only species I can recall off the top of my head. They only lived about 12 years.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    Any ideas or hints what will happen to those Delta Recruits who have not yet ENTERED the Cardassian storyline, and who are still too far away to finish it by October 27th? Will they be able to still collect all 41 (I think the count was) of the Delta Recruit rewards?

They've already said so and it is has been on the Tribble test server for a while now. Delta Recruits have nothing to worry about.

September 24 Tribble patch notes http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1204388/tribble-maintenance-and-release-notes-september-24-2015#latest
    Delta Recruit Changes:

These changes will not interrupt progress for Delta Recruits who have not completed the Cardassian Arc.
    The Delta Recruit objective that was placed in “Crack in the Mirror” will now be placed in “Spoils of War”.
    The Delta Recruit objective that was placed in “The Long Night” will now be placed in “The Factory”.
    Objectives that require playing the entire arc are now adjusted to not require the episodes which are no longer available.
    For players who have already finished “Crack in the Mirror” or “The Long Night”, credit for completing the Delta Recruit objectives will already be granted for “Spoils of War” and “The Factory”.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    I'd forgotten about that one but yeah, that may make them one of the only species shorter-lived than humans.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    dareau wrote: »

So, the mission where T'Ket sends my guy Iconian "roses" (chocolates for Fem characters) and invites me out to dinner to "reflect on the peaceful times of the Ancient Iconian Empire" is a surprise mission launching with S11, right? :tongue:

Otherwise, as I suspect, T'Ket will just hide behind her rock and miss out on this beautiful New Dawn in her undying (and unnecessary) quest for Venegeance against everyone but the one who messed with her in the first place - Sela...

Pretty sure that Vengeance bit was just to explain why the Iconian STFs dont go poof, just like how some of the Vaadwaur still hate us, and some of the undine, and.......because if we actually made total peace with anything they would have to make that content no longer accessible, from a canon standpoint.

(ignores the automatic response i'm sure i'll get about how cryptic doesnt care about canon)
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    ddNvCkd.png

I need this Terran Uniform. In both Male and Female options. Both with midriff-baring or non-midriff-baring form-fitted jacket variants. Because surely some Terran males want to show off their abs and how much more they lift than others. Both with open (male and female), windowed (female), and closed jacket options as well.

I seriously want them. C-Store? I'll pay for it.

Also, Cryptic should do Mirror T6s, which change around seating and Specializations from their non-Mirror counterparts, as well as Mirror T5s of ships that don't already have an obtainable Mirror form like the Mirror Odyssey. Either as Lockbox ships or as part of a bundle.
  • Options
    xylylxylyl Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Sounds like New Dawn is going to be fun for me at least. I simply have to have those Mirror Universe uniforms. No need to change out of them on Risa!

Thank You Cryptic!

Jolan'tru... RRF Admiral Cybyl

Thus spake Admiral Cybyl:  Alea iacta est. Ibis redibis,numquam per bello peribis. Ergo, per aspera ad astra!
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    With a T6 b'rel sighting I would have to say even if its just a rumor a sighting for a KDF player is like years of design passed by. With track record with the KDF actually seeing a new KDF ship goes beyond the expectancy that we in KDF have had in the past.

If they can be reasonable with the whole xping of specializations, ship masteries, and somewhat reputations (only because of everything piled on top of a system that became friendly to alts feels troublesome). Heck why don't they just let us use our gobble loads of expertise xp and maybe some dilithium or fleet credits on being able to buy a mastery unlock for alts to get this done. So if they do something with season 11 that brings a lovable T6 bop and relieve the stress of wanting to play alts I could see myself returning to an active basis again.

I will have a stroke laughing myself to death if I go say Cryptic doesn't care about canon and get in a T6 B'rel and see the ship flash red or whatever color the torp is being way closer to canon than the T5 version ever was. When I saw that badlands was coming out I was like damn I wish they would have a T6 bop in there which I always did love those bop and defiant scenes especially when they were together.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    From the article:

" The system provides a strategic and tactical ship command experience, as well as significant rewards for your efforts..."

Errr....tactical HOW? lolwut?

T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Please do something for those of us who simply wish to be CAPTAINS.
    At a bare minimum allow us to CHOOSE the rank people call us in dialouge.

Humans aren't lowly, Our candles burn brighter although shorter. Humans have the highest teamwork capability in the galaxy it seems.

The federation was born from the events caused by one human who was willing to attempt what everyone told him was impossible, get 3 warring species to work together for a common cause.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    *Facepalm* Whoever suggests borg should be a playable race obviously understands nothing about the borg.

Playable borg would work like this- you watch a loooong cutscene as your character is played for you .

Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
  • Options
    horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    @Those who are complaining about all the new content incoming... No, just no. Just stop already, you ungrateful wretches.

@All people who play this game... Know this and get it through your thick skulls right now, the first days and maybe first couple of weeks after the launch of season 11, the game will be very laggy and you will have to wait in a queue to get into the game at times(for non-subscribers), you might as well accept it now and deal with it, this is the way it is every time new content drops.

I don't want to hear any more of this bull"stuff" from you all, your behavior is just bad, shame on you, really, shame.

You mad? Tough, deal with it.
  • Options
    @Those who are complaining about all the new content incoming... No, just no. Just stop already, you ungrateful wretches.

@All people who play this game... Know this and get it through your thick skulls right now, the first days and maybe first couple of weeks after the launch of season 11, the game will be very laggy and you will have to wait in a queue to get into the game at times(for non-subscribers), you might as well accept it now and deal with it, this is the way it is every time new content drops.

I don't want to hear any more of this bull"stuff" from you all, your behavior is just bad, shame on you, really, shame.

We are the customers, it is THEIR job to make us happy. when customers get unhappy enough they leave and without customers there is no profit.

• Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    gradii wrote: »
    We are the customers, it is THEIR job to make us happy. when customers get unhappy enough they leave and without customers there is no profit.

Though the forums constitute the minority of the overall game population, and depending on who you ask, the most toxic. If you have a valid criticism, it's best delivered on the STO Reddit or Twitter.

Also, their job isn't to make the minority happy; their job is to make the majority happy. Although they do listen to feedback a bit more if the post is on STO Reddit or Twitter or even Facebook.
  • Options
    horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User

Don't be stupid. Nobody is born stupid. Being stupid is a choice. Make the choice not to be stupid. Try.

• Options

Don't be stupid. Nobody is born stupid. Being stupid is a choice. Make the choice not to be stupid. Try.

Yes we all know what choice you made.

• Options
    botc76 wrote: »
    STO won against SWTOR ages ago, in my book.
    I prefer basically everything in STO, character creation, story, pvp, instances... The only thing that was slightly better when i still regularly played SWTOR was crafting.

And that's coming from someone who only rarely buys zen and never subscribed to STO, but 2 years for SWTOR.

This new season sounds interesting and the end of the Iconian war was aces too in my book.

Bro no game beats none they both good games sto and star wars both different star wars has better choices making though out your story even the bounty hunter story is good.. They both good games star wars is very different in a way because you make choices that effect the game and it goes onto the next game sto don't have that Choice making like star wars has..

But i like both games so they both good..

you cant make choices like in star wars has ..So they both different and its bioware they mass effect games won alot of awards.

The story was the only good thing about SWTOR, that said, it was good enough that I played and subbed for awhile regardless of the fact everything else was TRIBBLE.

• Options
    depayensdepayens Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Couldn't they have used another enemy besides the "mirrir universe" I wish they had never aired that cockamamey episode (Mirror Mirror). It is by far the laziest story arch. Same ships, same character except with a gotee or a midriff shirt. Good grief. Hasn't someone alreadt plugged that hole between the universes by now?
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    From now on, I'm going to call Season 11: Copy/Paste, because that's literally what we are getting.

Mirror Universe Reputation: Exactly the same as the last couple of reputations, nothing adding to the story.

Badland Battlezone: If you're not crashing, you will quickly notice it's exactly the same as the Undine Battlezone, except with a new skin. (I am NOT joking or exagerating on this, it is literally the same).

Admiraltiy: DOFFs with Ships - SOFFing if you will. Nothing new except - SHIPS!

Queued Events: Revamp of Mirror Universe or the original DS9 Fleet Action.

Only thing I could give some credit that it's not a copy/paste is the Cardassian Revamp. Then again, some of the zones are literal copy / paste jobs so....

And that is why I'm calling S11: Copy / Paste than "New" Dawn.