test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 11 - New Dawn

Comments

• Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Seeing the ramifications of our use of time travel...yeah, I think the Sphere Builders and Temporal Cold War are being teased.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    Seeing the ramifications of our use of time travel...yeah, I think the Sphere Builders and Temporal Cold War are being teased.

I sure hope so. I've been waiting to see that arc resolved for over a decade now.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    shelkart wrote: »
    I keep checking for them to announce a New Dawn Pack like the LoR and DR packs that came with previous seasons so I can see what's on the horizon ship-wise...

Small correction, those packs came with expansions, not seasons. Otherwise, you can bet they will keep bombarding us with "new" ships on a regular basis. :p
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User

So, the mission where T'Ket sends my guy Iconian "roses" (chocolates for Fem characters) and invites me out to dinner to "reflect on the peaceful times of the Ancient Iconian Empire" is a surprise mission launching with S11, right? :tongue:

Otherwise, as I suspect, T'Ket will just hide behind her rock and miss out on this beautiful New Dawn in her undying (and unnecessary) quest for Venegeance against everyone but the one who messed with her in the first place - Sela...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Appearently the war against the Iconians led to a severe shortage of fabric. There's hardly enough left to cover up her TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    So how about that return to exploration?
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Good to know. A couple of things I think qualify as concerns exist, however.

First, discovery and exploration are, as I understand, themes key to the upcoming season... yet to my knowledge we don't have any idea of how these will be implemented (hopefully, interestingly) in terms of game mechanics. Second, while the admiralty system does, in its way, help sell the idea that as an admiral, you do have ships at your command, it's a bit of a misnomer to refer to it as a 'tactical' experience (i.e. being able to slot those inactive ships for use by your Fleet Support ability).

It seems to be...based on my reading of this that exploration and first contact will be part of the upcoming Featured Episodes.

"We’ll also be moving the main story arc along for Star Trek Online as a whole. With the war over, and a large alliance of varied species, the impulse to discover is re-emerging. We’ll be investigating parts of the Alpha Quadrant that haven’t been seen before, making first contact with a new species, and seeing the far reaching effects of our extensive use of time travel in the Iconian War."
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    forvrsnoopyforvrsnoopy Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Good to know. A couple of things I think qualify as concerns exist, however.
    First, discovery and exploration are, as I understand, themes key to the upcoming season... yet to my knowledge we don't have any idea of how these will be implemented (hopefully, interestingly) in terms of game mechanics.

Same concern here. I'm still very excited for season 11, but I hope the story makes sense and/or there truly is some focus on exploration (but no info has been revealed yet) because as of right now, we have...

Season 11 : A New Dawn, a new era of peace after 5 years of war, with a renewed focus on exploration... at the same time we come face to face with and old rival that is now empowered with new technology from a very advanced civilization and is trying once again to get a foothold in our universe AND we are supposed to come in contact with an enemy not yet featured in STO (I'm not sure this was official, but I remember that something along those lines was said... wiki for Upcoming content says Star Trek Online Dev Panel Las Vegas 2015).

Yet we are supposed to meet a previously unknown civilization, l hope it only comes after a certain amount of exploration :) This has potential for diplomacy story, which is good too.
  • Options
    namreefnamreef Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    "The introduction of the Admiralty System will also give players the opportunity to not only put players in charge of a fleet and truly feel like an admiral, but to also make use of all the ships they have in their inventory. The system provides a strategic and tactical ship command experience, as well as significant rewards for your efforts. We’re excited to see this system finally make it live so the entire community can enjoy something we’ve been having a blast with internally for quite some time."

This really makes it seem like we'll be in charge of a boff-like fleet as opposed to a doff-like fleet. Unless there is a surprise in store, it's a bit misleading.

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to the admiralty system, exploration, and season 11!
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    2410 mirror uniforms are looking good from the drawings, of course if we get them im sure there will be some kind of clipping issues, missing arms that sort of thing for a few weeks.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Looking forward to it but I haven't even started Delta Rising on my Delta Recruit characters. Just finished with the Borg/Undine storyline.

Sigh
  • Options
    tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    It's 2414 ce. No one ages, everyone is perfectly fit, everything is free, and there are only a few diseases. Heck, we can't even die. No reason to think Seven, Leeta, Deanna, , Dr Crusher, Orion women and Andorian chicks should look any different.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    from the Blog:
    ...We’ll be investigating parts of the Alpha Quadrant that haven’t been seen before, making first contact with a new species...
    ^^^
    This sounds interesting and it's something I didn't expect from the STO Dev and Story Content teams outside of the Admiralty system in Season 11. Nice.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    freakshow046freakshow046 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    shelkart wrote: »
    I keep checking for them to announce a New Dawn Pack like the LoR and DR packs that came with previous seasons so I can see what's on the horizon ship-wise...

LoR & DR were expansions... NOT seasons. That's why they had packs.

signature-03.png
  • Options
    h4ihuih4ihui Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    We really need those uniforms :)
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    I just want to know if (and how) we'll be getting our hands on that sexy-as-hell Mirror uniform she's wearing.

...and getting more up-to-date Mirror ships and color schemes as well.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,154 Community Moderator
    I want that mirror outfit...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    "The team has taken the time to completely revamp the Cardassian story arc"
    They took the time to do their job, why ?
    Maybe because, "We’re excited to see this system finally make it live so the entire community can enjoy something we’ve been having a blast with internally for quite some time".

This does not bode well, and finally, BEWBS !
  • Options
    intraventianintraventian Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    So they're taking the Cardassian Arc and turning its focus to the Mirror Universe?

Will it still be called "The Cardassian Struggle"?

Because it seems like it'll still have nothing to do with them.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    To be honest, season 11 doesn't have much in it, really.

Copy paste Reputation and Undine battlezone, 14 Cardassian themed missions turned into 4 and an Admiralty system that is just a doff system with ship cards instead of crew.

Hoping the new exploration system will come soon...

I want those uniforms, though!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    l30p4rdl30p4rd Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    sunfrancks wrote: »

Copy paste Reputation and Undine battlezone, 14 Cardassian themed missions turned into 4 and an Admiralty system that is just a doff system with ship cards instead of crew.

Whats wrong with you man we are getting BEWBS, get with the program, I hope they jiggle !

• Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    bunansa wrote: »
    2410 mirror uniforms are looking good from the drawings, of course if we get them im sure there will be some kind of clipping issues, missing arms that sort of thing for a few weeks.
    Hopefully the devs and coders will have learned from the experiences with the Iconian outfit and a few others. If you're curious as to what they actually look like ingame, I would direct your attention here; there're a couple of galleries linked therein.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    l30p4rd wrote: »
    sunfrancks wrote: »

Whats wrong with you man we are getting BEWBS, get with the program, I hope they jiggle !

First we had T'TRIBBLE, now we have L'TRIBBLE...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    Bring the MU on Ricossa! Our SPACEBARs are standing by!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
    Hopefully the devs and coders will have learned from the experiences with the Iconian outfit and a few others. If you're curious as to what they actually look like ingame, I would direct your attention here; there're a couple of galleries linked therein.

Those knives are so well-placed for foes... perfect for a lethal takedown. Sneak behind the Mirror!Officer, grab them in a choke hold or by preventing them from shouting and then, grab the knife and stab them while they're helpless. Fits the Mirror!Universe perfectly: everyone is trying to kill you.

#TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User

for npcs yes, but for us its a, will we get it?
    and npcs never have clipping issues.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Judging by the pic, Admiral Mirror Leeta has aged very well. Also apparently doing some abs of steel videos.
    Maybe she cloned herself? :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User

for npcs yes, but for us its a, will we get it?
    and npcs never have clipping issues.

Until they get stuck in a floor or behind a wall and you have to restart the mission..... :p
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I bet ya we blow stuff up too! This is grand!

1393356617_blowup.jpg
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    Add me to the list of those wanting that mirror universe uniform
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade