test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Season 11 - New Dawn

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
The Iconian War is finally behind us. The finale of the Iconian War, Midnight, showed that the Alliance is bold enough to be principled, and strong enough to truly uphold those principles when their backs are to the wall.

Everyone on every side of that conflict is ready to move on from that dark time in the New Dawn of Season 11.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    sounds good
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    What you're trying to compete with Tor's expansion?
    Seriously?
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • Options
    raythilo2345raythilo2345 Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Ya I know what game i'll be playing on Oct 27 when it comes to STO vs TOR...TOR wins
  • Options
    derrick2003derrick2003 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Still hoping for playable Cardassian.
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Sounds exciting, I'm looking forward to experience it.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,993 Arc User
    Look forward to testing the USS Fearless in combat against those imperials
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Ya I know what game i'll be playing on Oct 27 when it comes to STO vs TOR...TOR wins

At least you can get characters fully leveled to 60 in SWTOR to start the new content plus so many more "free" shinies. I will split my time between SWTOR and STO but the former has made a more robust model and those goodies just for being a "sub" gives me more incentive to be there.​​
      Post edited by storules on
      tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
    • Options
      rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
      I'm looking forward to everything planned for New Dawn. Sounds great!

I'm sure the sound you are hearing is the beginning rumble of players demanding the Mirror 2409 uniform shown in the blog. While I, personally, have no half-nekkid officers running around my ships, even I have to admit it looks pretty cool. I hope you're prepared for it.

I'm particularly interested in the exploration of parts of the Alpha Quadrant previously unknown!
      lljAN7v.png
    • Options
      tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
      New content is always good. A first contact story line is even better.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
    • Options
      shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
      Good to know. A couple of things I think qualify as concerns exist, however.

First, discovery and exploration are, as I understand, themes key to the upcoming season... yet to my knowledge we don't have any idea of how these will be implemented (hopefully, interestingly) in terms of game mechanics. Second, while the admiralty system does, in its way, help sell the idea that as an admiral, you do have ships at your command, it's a bit of a misnomer to refer to it as a 'tactical' experience (i.e. being able to slot those inactive ships for use by your Fleet Support ability).
      cers001 wrote: »
      What you're trying to compete with Tor's expansion?
      Seriously?
      No, just coincidence.
    • Options
      saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,401 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Two opposite things:
      1/ Good to know we finally have a release date for the next season
      2/ You're not ready for it, once again. It's far from complete on the PTS (we don't even have the Badlands Battlezone)

Also, the 2410 Mirror! outfits? We must have it, pretty please?
      #TASforSTO
      Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    • Options
      shelkartshelkart Member Posts: 14 Arc User
      I keep checking for them to announce a New Dawn Pack like the LoR and DR packs that came with previous seasons so I can see what's on the horizon ship-wise...
    • Options
      shelkart wrote: »
      I keep checking for them to announce a New Dawn Pack like the LoR and DR packs that came with previous seasons so I can see what's on the horizon ship-wise...

The T6 T'Varo/Defiant/B'rel pack probably, and maybe a few others. Along with the Herald lockbox.
      #TASforSTO
    • Options
      berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User
      Contemporary mirror uniforms, I knew we were missing something.
      6e5OTnq.png
    • Options
      zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      Wow, I'm really glad I got early access for KotFE. Two doses of new content in two of my favorite games in one week would have been really tough. :) (And to SWTOR players, yes I know early access over there is always full of bugs and the servers are overloaded... but I'm still hopeful for a smooth pre-launch anyway. Just call me the eternal optimist. B) ) So in the end, SWTOR next week, STO the week after, a combo between the two the following week and then Fallout 4 Nov. 10. Life is good. o:)
      As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
    • Options
      xiesha911xiesha911 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
      No New specialization...
      No Commando expand to primary...

Sad and disappointed...
    • Options
      roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
      The 27th? I'll be in England! Going to get so far behind. lol Looking forward to it!
    • Options
      giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
      All I can say is.... thats an interesting uniform we see in the pic >.>
      xiesha911 wrote: »
      No New specialization...
      No Commando expand to primary...

Sad and disappointed...

We may get some info on that still next week. Don't give up hope just yet.
      Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
      trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User

As well don't forget gw2's expansion comes out on the 23rd. Is where I am leaning more toward that expansion than any other game due to it being the least grindy. As well when some kind of new content comes out I expect it to be some kind of surprise and enriched quality. Unless they have changed gears the season 11 will consist of the old DS9 fleet action split up into two queues tied to a new rep and then more grind with the admiralty system. Although the admiralty system if it does not let you gain any ship mastery those of us with tons of alts won't find it very satisfying because there really isn't much to gain from that system other than that being just another doff system.

I liked the raptor pilot ships but I gotta say that it won't really matter how good the season is if there is no bop love there won't be any logging in for me. Just a summary they can take note of less grind, less xp grind, admiralty system having/being a way to get those ship mastery tiers done, and updated bops to buy and then I will say oh I love this but if not I will say I hate this. Okay yeah that sums it up.
    • Options
      makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
      Will I have my shiny new carrier in time for it? :#
      5rFUCPd.png

• Options
      zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      I liked the raptor pilot ships but I gotta say that it won't really matter how good the season is if there is no bop love there won't be any logging in for me. Just a summary they can take note of less grind, less xp grind, admiralty system having/being a way to get those ship mastery tiers done, and updated bops to buy and then I will say oh I love this but if not I will say I hate this. Okay yeah that sums it up.

I would not worry, for as almost everyone knows a certain T6 version of a certain ship is apparently in the pipeline and if tribble is to be believed the Admirality system will grant large enough amounts of XP to make the grind a lot less painful, and thus also making it useful. I think that takes care of three of your issues. You might want to read some of the blogs and forum threads before getting too worked up. There appears to be plenty of stuff in the works. :)

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
    • Options
      botc76botc76 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
      STO won against SWTOR ages ago, in my book.
      I prefer basically everything in STO, character creation, story, pvp, instances... The only thing that was slightly better when i still regularly played SWTOR was crafting.

And that's coming from someone who only rarely buys zen and never subscribed to STO, but 2 years for SWTOR.

This new season sounds interesting and the end of the Iconian war was aces too in my book.
    • Options
      robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
      Well won't be going on to till the weekend after release as per queueing and disconnecting as per every season update I'd wait until its a little more stable.

However can we have 2410 mu uniforms and I have asked this time and time again and this is a perfect time to release it a Terran empire bridge you already have the bridges there just slap the symbol on the turbolifts doors make them look more darker and battle ready and there you have it. People will buy them i for one will buy zen to get them. But please released a T6 T'varo and B'rel soon as we need these iconic ships in the game not just the tier 5 versions
      NO TO ARC
      Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
      Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
      Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Options
      thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,108 Arc User

They killed Darth Marr. /Uninstall!

WANT MIRROR UNIFORM!!!! CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
      Kind of cruel dropping this Halloween week. I'll be busy having a social life from Thursday until Saturday.
    • Options
      commodoreobviouscommodoreobvious Member Posts: 114 Arc User
      Judging by the pic, Admiral Mirror Leeta has aged very well. Also apparently doing some abs of steel videos.
    • Options
      berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User
      Judging by the pic, Admiral Mirror Leeta has aged very well. Also apparently doing some abs of steel videos.

lol like how seven of nice didn't seem to age at all either
      6e5OTnq.png
    • Options
      kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
      edited October 2015
      I intend to play both TOR and STO this month, personally. :) Looking forward to both those updates.

Mixed feelings about that mirror uniform. On one hand, I like its sleevelessness and its material; it has sort of a tough and badass vibe. The arm pieces just add to that. On the other hand, that boob window is just completely silly-looking. It's not that I'm offended; it's just that it's completely absurd and I can't take it remotely seriously (and yes, I feel the same way about boob windows on Klingon armor). Should've just been a cutoff without the boob window.

Also, why is the Terran combadge on the wearer's right all of a sudden? I guess it is canon, but in-game it's always shown up on the wearer's left on player uniforms, and I'm curious as to why the change.

Anyway, yeah, if this costume does get released for players, I'll actually have to think hard about whether I even want it. (Which is a first for C-Store costumes for me; all the others have been either insta-buys or stuff I've been willing to grind for.)

For me, though, the best part of New Dawn by far will be "investigating parts of the Alpha Quadrant that haven’t been seen before, [and] making first contact with a new species". It's about damn time.
    • Options
      beraht wrote: »

lol like how seven of nice didn't seem to age at all either
      Borg are seeking perfection, so it's only logical their drones age well, especially the Queen's favorite.

#TASforSTO