Install Arc
Options

Season 11 - New Dawn

Comments

• Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    To be honest, season 11 doesn't have much in it, really.

Copy paste Reputation and Undine battlezone, 14 Cardassian themed missions turned into 4 and an Admiralty system that is just a doff system with ship cards instead of crew.

Don't forget all the brand-new episodes that will be released in the coming months, including, I'm sure, at least one at S11's launch.

But like, this just seems like a typical season to me: new rep/BZ, new episodes trickling out, and some kind of new gameplay thing. Seasons aren't full expansions, and S11 seems just about right for what seasons typically have been from S7 onward.

• Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Sounds like one of the most boring seasons so far fox-19.gif. Just hope enough first time lookers will log in to fill up some PvE queus...even if temporarily before the winter event.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    So the Mirror Terrans now have technology that can hammer the Iconians into the ground... so, the Prime Icos pressed the Alliance from the right. Now, the Mirror guys will start pushing us from the left XD

We'll see ramifications of our use of time tralvel? Yes please! Wanna know what happened to the Krenim and the Tuterians (especially Clauda)! :smile:

Also... dat... outfit O.O

Can we get it for our wardrobes? :smiley:
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    Well, someone over on Reddit posted these pics of mirror universe NPCs awhile back.

Link
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    Awesome news.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    oslo5oslo5 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I'm glad that as always, Cryptic's attention to details--or lack thereof--is consistent. Tell me, how did Leeta manage not to age in the last 40 years?
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    zarato4218 wrote: »
    I liked the raptor pilot ships but I gotta say that it won't really matter how good the season is if there is no bop love there won't be any logging in for me. Just a summary they can take note of less grind, less xp grind, admiralty system having/being a way to get those ship mastery tiers done, and updated bops to buy and then I will say oh I love this but if not I will say I hate this. Okay yeah that sums it up.

I would not worry, for as almost everyone knows a certain T6 version of a certain ship is apparently in the pipeline and if tribble is to be believed the Admirality system will grant large enough amounts of XP to make the grind a lot less painful, and thus also making it useful. I think that takes care of three of your issues. You might want to read some of the blogs and forum threads before getting too worked up. There appears to be plenty of stuff in the works. :)

When someone says don't worry when it involves STO its a bad omen. So far though all they have shown is that it looks like a new doff system. As far as xp grind and not worrying we have a common saying when it comes to STO "Believe it when you *actually* see it". Yeah I've read the blogs but I would trust a ferrengi in a prison jumpers before any promises from cryptic. It's kind of funny though if you look back on their track record that T6 negh'var was promised 3 years before this T6 stuff so it just happened that they finally came out with it. Anyways whatever season 11 is its gotta be something like really amazing or I'm still on the sidelines waiting for something fun to play that is star trek.
  • Options
    braka11braka11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    oslo5 wrote: »
    I'm glad that as always, Cryptic's attention to details--or lack thereof--is consistent. Tell me, how did Leeta manage not to age in the last 40 years?

I wouldn't worry about it. They'll just send her to wherever they sent the Exploration, Romulan, and Cardassian missions in a year or so. It's all building up to something...

Season 11: Whatever, ---- you. You'll Play It.

• Options
    kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    freakium wrote: »
    Well, someone over on Reddit posted these pics of mirror universe NPCs awhile back.

Link

...well, at least it's a gender-equal boob window. :P

I gotta say, these look way better to me in-game. I dunno why that is, but I actually really like how they look in-game and... well, I want them now, heh.

Love how they copied the shoulder ranks from the Terran ENT uniforms, too.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Yep I will be ready. My Fed is about done with the Omega Rep. KDF is almost ready to start the Iconian arc. And my Romulan is about done with the Delta Arc.

I like the idea of seeing new places and people. And seeing what is out there. That part I will enjoy and do. However I will pass on the new Rep since it lacks options and fun things to do to gain points. And I will pass on the new ship Doff, since I gave that up a after the big Doff nerf.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Tell me, how did Leeta manage not to age in the last 40 years?
    She didn't. It's actually a clone of her. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    The Iconian War is finally behind us. The finale of the Iconian War, Midnight, showed that the Alliance is bold enough to be principled, and strong enough to truly uphold those principles when their backs are to the wall.

Everyone on every side of that conflict is ready to move on from that dark time in the New Dawn of Season 11.

~LaughingTrendy

Hell's Bells there's a page link menu under yer post TRENDY me lass! Yarg! Who'd ye keelhaul to get that bit of magic to bloom?

OH yeah. That LEETA artwork is da BOOM BOOM BOOM!!! Damn ya'll made Chase look like a Temptress from Olympus. ;D

I just made that up myself. No YOU can NOT use it as your own material without my express permission in writing WITH a $10,000.00 sum of money involved. TYVM.

Chase Masterson for the Win. PLEASE let us dress our FEM characters like that. I remember the Vulcan Neckline Fiasco. Who could be so prude as to care how a video game character looks? I'd run mine around naked if I could. TYVM!

You Guys are AWESOME. I can't wait. Thank You Very Much!​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    revor86revor86 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    tor expansion is garbage I'll be here defending prime universe!
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Tell me, how did Leeta manage not to age in the last 40 years?
    She didn't. It's actually a clone of her. :p

Pleeeease tell me you didn't just spoil something you saw on Tribble XXD

Next time use the [ s p o i l e r ] tags pls if you did :smiley:

Seeing the Mirror uniforms is one thing.
    But I frown on anything story-related XD
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    furlong359furlong359 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    October 27!!! So long to wait for season 11!! RAWR!
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Stolen Future Technology?
    Maybe their "Insurrection" Event lead to a different outcome than ours and now the youth fountain radiation of that nebula is available to the rich and powerful?

And it seems Bajorans in general age well - the arbiter that handled the case of Curzon Dax apparent betrayal was 100 years and looked like a 60 year old human woman or something like that.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    freakium wrote: »

Link

Hahahaha, those are great! Cliche is just the right way, and they look super-slick in person. Plus, hey, nice and easy way to visually differentiate Terrans from Starfleet at a glance now.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    Still hoping for playable Cardassian.

I doubt it will ever happen man ive long since given up on the notion they will make a cardi mini faction.
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    So how about that return to exploration?

Indeed were going to return to exploration you know the STO way

"We come in peace, shoot to kill"
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User

LOL me too..

+ planet ground maps for Cardassia, Fernginar
    + a updated DS9

+ FE with new content..
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    h4ihui wrote: »
    We really need those uniforms :)

Sign me up on that too.. I like the female uniform and hair.. its very mirror .. =)
  • Options
    typhoncaltyphoncal Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    Id like and hope they are going to update DS9 as it needs it BAD! Also, i would hope that we will also explore the new homeworld or help in the creation of the Talaxian new homeworld in the DQ. So many things have not be tided up that need it, unless we are going to explore more of that later, such as we never got into the Klingons in the DQ from Voyager.
    Commander Shran - You tell Archer, that is three the pink skin owes me!
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Please do something for those of us who simply wish to be CAPTAINS.
    At a bare minimum allow us to CHOOSE the rank people call us in dialouge.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    hawkyenarasumashawkyenarasumas Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Looking forward to the new content. Anybody remember when we used to be explorers?

I have to admit, the phrase "extensive use of time travel" made me laugh. We did not use it nearly enough, nor for the right reasons. At the very LEAST we should have attempted to rescue the Preservers. Oh well, perhaps we can re-visit the past in the future.

...Temporal Investigations doesn't like me much.
    ■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
    Admiral Hawkye L. Narasumas
    Commanding Officer, NX-91883 U.S.S. Harmony - Prometheus Class Custom Variant
    Fleet Commander, No Fate

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
  • Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    edited October 2015

Keanu reeves, Will Smith, Patrick Stewart, those guys don't seem to age at all, and we are in 2015, so imagine an alien (Bajoran) woman living in 2410 with technology from the 29th century and help from the Pah-wraiths.

Look at this guy:

antes-despues-jordi-hurtado.jpg

Those pictures were taken 30 years apart, he didn't change a bit, he's a meme in my country, people joke about the possibility that he might be a hologram, a robot, a Highlander, Dorian Grey, Ponce de León in disguise or freaking wolverine.

1429000034_517732_1429001125_sumario_normal.jpg
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    Maybe their "Insurrection" Event lead to a different outcome than ours and now the youth fountain radiation of that nebula is available to the rich and powerful?

And it seems Bajorans in general age well - the arbiter that handled the case of Curzon Dax apparent betrayal was 100 years and looked like a 60 year old human woman or something like that.​​

I'd forgotten about that, but that is true that the Bajoran lifespan may be longer than the human one. We humans seem to be pretty lowly in that regard in the Trek universe.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »

I'd forgotten about that, but that is true that the Bajoran lifespan may be longer than the human one. We humans seem to be pretty lowly in that regard in the Trek universe.
    Is there any race OTHER than Ocampans which ages faster than humans?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    So the war was bust. The fleets of 3 major empires are in ruins. Mirror universe is invading. All were doing is exploring the galaxy right now. Except the sandboxes were removed from the game. So now were going to get a 6 part mini on exploring the galaxy.

What happened to making the Borg a playable race that takes advantage of the lack of resistance, and the Iconion debris fields. Right now the Borg should have assimilated the Sheliak, Talarian's, Tamarian, Mizarian, Whoopi Goldberg to do the intro as Guinan: Guinan: My people encountered them a century ago. They destroyed our cities, scattered my people throughout the galaxy. They're called the Borg. Protect yourself, Captain, or they'll destroy you.

With Q making comments as well like: You can't outrun them, you can't destroy them. If you damage them, the essence of what they are remains. They regenerate and keep coming. Eventually you will weaken. Your reserves will be gone. They are relentless!

What are Klinks doing: The Iconion destruction of the High counsel has left a void in leadership. Fights break out between rival houses battling for seats on the High Councel. In the mist of all this the Gorn Empire makes a play for independence.

Crime escalates in all sectors as the Orion Syndicate takes advantage of the destruction. Raiding ship grave yards.

In light of the Mirrior Universe invasion Bajor make the decision to rebuild their fleet of warships angering Cardassia Prime. Plague breaks out on war ravaged worlds leading to massive medical relief efforts.

Develop a plot for god sakes. Rather than your exploring the galaxy!
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    Sorry but so far it's gone from having an exploration focus with an end to the Iconian threat, to being pew pew with bigger badder enemy that's bigger and badder thanks to the Iconians. Delta Rising Vaadwuaar Mk II.

Still, it's nice to be disappointed in anticipation, rather than afterwards like Delta Rising, so I suppose that counts as an improvement :/
  • Options
    shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    Develop a plot for god sakes. Rather than your exploring the galaxy!
    And all of the ideas you offer, sir, are very good plot seeds; it would indeed be a shame to see them relegated to entries in the 'Post War Era' collection.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    messahla wrote: »

I doubt it will ever happen man ive long since given up on the notion they will make a cardi mini faction.

Maybe it'll go into the C-store for the Federation. Put the Jem'Hadar in for the Klingons.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.