What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unable to get in game

12346»

Comments

• Options
    unclespankyunclespanky Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Wow, tried logging in early this morning and it connected beautifully. Now, it's back to the same problem as yesterday.
  • Options
    gusdagangstagusdagangsta Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same issue here in Oak Harbor, WA. Had no problems during the week, then yesterday morning (around 9am PDT) it took minutes to get to the Engage button and several minutes more to have characters actually start to show up on the selection screen. Could not actually log in to play because the connection to the server reliably timed out every attempt. Finally after 8pm PDT everything worked like it should, was able to get in game and it was completely lag free for me.

Now this morning, same song as yesterday morning and again now at 3:40 PDT. I'm hoping that late tonight I'll be able to get in and play some STO. You know, I can't spend Zen on STO if I'm unable to get into the game and play.

As many others have said, I've cycled through the other online games that I play and they are all working just fine. STO is the only offender.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,871 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'll just post this link over here as well in case there's limited migration between the multiple STO connection issue threads.

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1203025/connection-issues-read-this-please

The problem is with the part of Cryptic's ISP's network that connects Cryptic to the rest of us. No ETA yet on a fix (because it's out of Cryptic's hands) but "the wheels are in motion."
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    tomlarkenbektomlarkenbek Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    The amazing thing is that you have to sign in with your email...it would be nice if they pushed that out...to email/facebook/twitter...something.
    Stay Safe,
    FADM KenLar
    Admiral of the Armada
    -The Q Continuum-
    3700276.jpg
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Worked for a bit. Now it's back down. This is ridiculous.
  • Options
    karlrichekarlriche Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    thought I was going to get somewhere, looks like I am screwed in finishing the event. I have to head out for my mothers funeral tomorrow, not gonna be able to get back on for the next couple of days I dont think. this blows.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    I'll just post this link over here as well in case there's limited migration between the multiple STO connection issue threads.

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1203025/connection-issues-read-this-please

The problem is with the part of Cryptic's ISP's network that connects Cryptic to the rest of us. No ETA yet on a fix (because it's out of Cryptic's hands) but "the wheels are in motion."

Thanks Duncan. Well if that's how it is, then that's how it is. Tomorrow is Monday and the bosses at Cryptic can decide how to proceed as far as the Event is concerned. Considering their history it's fair money either way. Clearly this issue is a result of issues beyond both Cryptic and we the gamer's control.

I am glad that this isn't on them. Just sad we didn't get to play this weekend.

tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    This is beyond irritating. In the evenings for me is when it got to a point that I could not play at all.​​
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    As of 1015 EST in VA, on Comcast, I was able to get on play completely normally. Not the slightest hickup or slowdown. She was smooth like buttah.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    fleudermausfleudermaus Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    At first I was looking at it from a regional perspective. It appeared as though this was exclusively a North America issue for access. Then after further investigation, it was kinda spread over the geo. I'm curious for any of you who were experiencing issues, can you please state the ISP that you were running through?

I'm using Xfinity/Comcast 50mbps (speed tested and verified 43mbps) I can also play all the NEXON games I am in with no issues at all - no lag, no delay, no character load issues. I can also play Perfect World with no issues - all of my lag and timeout issues are isolated to Cryptic games (STO and Neverwinter).

I didn't bother with trace here because you already have quite a few of those that display rather starkly where the problem is.

Hopefully that can narrow the focus a bit.

[Of note:] I can log in after numerous attempts and if I'm very patient I can get a few words through "tell" but my chat channels are unavailable "chat is offline" . Movement is unpredictable and beyond rubberbandy. Several friends have told me that using a VPN gets them online with no lag - so I have to think it has something to do with the ISP carrier identity.

R/
    Fleudermaus
    >}--;--'--,----
    LOVECAREHOPESUPPORTCOMMUNITYSHARINGPEACE

• Options
    jeckkeljeckkel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yet again was able to do my Crystalline yesturday however now Same issue cant log in Perfect world make sure all your games have their OWN dedicated server no games should share same Server there will always be headaches if they are. But sense the issues i am done playing for a while, but sense i am a lifetime i guess i have to just deal with all the issues.
  • Options
    jeckkeljeckkel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    PS STO and Neverwinter use the same server
  • Options
    So after playing normally yesterday and today, I just got booted from the server for no good reason. I don't know anymore. I'm just glad I got all my daily action in.