test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrating New Dawn with Giveaways

Comments

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    I appreciated the 2 Free Spec Points per char. Thank you. The Section 31 uni was also nice. Getting the additional Ship Slots allowed me to free up Zen I had planned to use on my only remaining Fed Char. Who is also my Delta.

All in all, the freebies were nice because they were things I needed but didn't realize I needed them until after I claimed them. Not awards I would have picked out but still useful in the long run. Thanks, Devs. Much appreciated.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • sparkysightssparkysights Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Wasn't playing for three months, never got an Email, but that's beside the point because it would have been very unlikely I would have used the spec points.

As for the give away, it was nice they tried something a little different so all factions had most things depending on what character you gave the ship space to, but not the items I personally would have looked forward to.
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    Thanks for the ship slots, that was a pleasant surprise for a gift.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »
    Trendy said on twitter
    it went out to people who stopped playing for a while
    In other words, it was a bribe to players who hadn't logged into the game for a while to come back to the game.
    That doesn't mean there aren't more restrictions. As I understand it it's an pre-emptive answer to "Why didn't I get one? I am an LTS, too!" Of course, you and I can both only interpret what was said on twitter or other threads. Probably even trendy only knows what was told to her and if she didn't ask for a certain specific, she wouldn't know.
    To me it seems like something that went only to inactive LTS players.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    I was worried because I forgot to check what today's (okay yesterdays technically, but I am still up) gift was. Well I didn't miss out on anything now did I? Hey Cryptic I think you better check to make sure the Grinch isn't running around in disguise making babies with Scrooge in your offices. Seriously giving a free T6 out to players, many of whom will not be coming back regardless, while ignoring your loyal player base, just....wow. I have to ask, do you guys sit around scratching your heads thinking "why do we lose so many players?". Hmmm, I wonder......
  • vecternalvecternal Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Can you please give us the chance to undo the claim and give it to the character we want? For the people that claimed it before realizing that it was just once per account.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    I thought the 2 point Specialization was for level 50+, but I guess I didn't read the text. It says I must be 60th level to use it. Yay, my highest level character is one bar higher than halfway to getting to level 58!

*Le sigh*

Keep it in your bank, and use when you reach 60, whenever it may be :)
  • warehouse67warehouse67 Member Posts: 12 Arc User

*hint-hint to people to checky their emails* (Not sure if it went to LTS or high-level Veterens or the general public, but all the same.. xD)[/quote]

No e-mail here and I have been a lifetimer since the head start. [/quote]

Maybe yours is still enqueue, but this was the email I received about 3 hours ago:
    jT1ebGI.png[/quote]

Hmm I haven't received anthing yet but I already own the Andromeda anyway. That being said I'm very happy with what we got. Two free spec levels for all our chars and 2 free ship slots are amazing. Thank you very much for that, Cryptic! [/quote]

I got that email. I have two STO accounts, my main which I play pretty much every day, and my alt which has been untouched for months. Guess which account got the email?.

Does anyone know if it would be ok if i used the code for the ship on my main account or will it only work for the account that got the email, I wouldn't like to waste it.

• dakkalvar1dakkalvar1 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    God damn it. Didn't see the Free Ship or the Spec points. Got the lousy 2 ship slots :(
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    With Season 11: New Dawn coming, we’re celebrating with a free C-Store giveaway this week! We’ll be featuring something different each day leading up to the weekend!

Check out our current giveaway here!

~LaughingTrendy

I, like many, appreciate it when STO gives us free stuff. The 2 spec points per character gift was great and will be useful when I get those toon to 60... which is the problem. Why are these points not available before 60 (like as soon as we are eligible to use them at post 50). I know there are some programming issues, but the issue should not prevent the addition of two additional points, since we already have the bonus points from the event reward packages.
  • velimattialavelimattiala Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    Why are these points not available before 60 (like as soon as we are eligible to use them at post 50). I know there are some programming issues, but the issue should not prevent the addition of two additional points, since we already have the bonus points from the event reward packages.

Propably something to do with the fact that spec points are tied to your level (one per level 51-60) untill you hit 60. Extra specs before 60 would likely brake something.

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    guljarol wrote: »
    I thought the 2 point Specialization was for level 50+, but I guess I didn't read the text. It says I must be 60th level to use it. Yay, my highest level character is one bar higher than halfway to getting to level 58!

*Le sigh*

Keep it in your bank, and use when you reach 60, whenever it may be :)

According to the Event Calender, Double XP from Sept. 17th to the 21st.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User

*Le sigh*

You can't use the points at that time, but the lower characters still can. Just keep them in bank for when they reach lv60. I got them on all my characters. Even my lowest lv8 Delta Recruit got it. I will just save them until lv60.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I put the extra slots on my Fed. In hopes they have a special ship for the 50th to use it on. My KDF I can drop a ship since I rarely use it. So that will free up a slot. My other characters won't fill up their slots, since I'm doing a more theme type ship. Just use only 1 ship or 2 at the most.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    jcsww wrote: »
    There was a minor delay in getting the giveaway applied to Holodeck, but it's now live!

Our final giveaway is an additional 2 Free Ship slots for the character of your choice!

lol, thanks for the T6 Andromeda Exploration Cruiser that I cannot used on my Federation Rommie.. :p

*hint-hint to people to checky their emails* (Not sure if it went to LTS or high-level Veterens or the general public, but all the same.. xD)

No e-mail here and I have been a lifetimer since the head start.

Maybe yours is still enqueue, but this was the email I received about 3 hours ago:
    jT1ebGI.png

Things like this really grind my gears and make it feel totally unrewarded for playing this game virtually every day since beta and funnelling money into it. Only to see things like that handed out to people for having gone inactive. Then as an active player I get a fancy 2 ship slots that I can only use on one of my 18 characters... So apparently loyal customers who pay and play get less interesting rewards than people who just play once then go inactive for a month or two... Good game...

I'm with you... People rage quit and Butch about it on the forums and they get rewarded. The loyal players who stick around through thick and thin don't get stuff like this... Cryptic need to be reminded that it's not the quitters who line their pockets...

:(
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Thanks for the FREEBIES. Regarding the welcome back promo some player's got? I know Cryptic would never give away a T6 C-store starship on their own. That's all PWE pulling those kinds of miscalculations, IMO. For what it's worth - which isn't much - I'm not impressed.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • waldotrekwaldotrek Member Posts: 319 Arc User
    I am thankful for: 1. the unexpected freebies this week and 2. the people who put their time and effort into this game, who have the patience to give us free stuff, endure 9 pages of anger about it then give us more free stuff at a later date.
    Former Moderator 10-28-16
  • borganthborganth Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    So I just got an email supposedly from Perfect World telling me that I was entitled to a T6 Andromeda Class Exploration Cruiser and a exp boost for one character to lvl 60.....legit or a phishing email.
  • kirk2009kirk2009 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Meh, I got the email. Code didnt work, claims its invalid.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Actually the ship giveaway seems to have gone out to those who stopped playing for a while but came back recently - my friend started back yesterday and got email this morning with ship and xp bonus. If it gives you more people to play in queues with surely any incentive to keep playing is a good thing?

It's legit - he just copied the code in the email and in the arc client used redeem key. logged into the game and he has a ship and xp boost to 60 to claim in promotions in cstore. ​​
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User

I, like many, appreciate it when STO gives us free stuff. The 2 spec points per character gift was great and will be useful when I get those toon to 60... which is the problem. Why are these points not available before 60 (like as soon as we are eligible to use them at post 50). I know there are some programming issues, but the issue should not prevent the addition of two additional points, since we already have the bonus points from the event reward packages.

Because spec points are handled like full level rewards. It seems that Cryptic does not want us using these spec points to earn levels before 60.

This can be confirmed by the "Comeback Email" that is being sent to inactive members. Those 10 spec points gifted can be used before 60, and they can be used to level your character from 50 to 60, giving spec points along the way.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    Nice ship slots! those will come in handy actually.

In regards to that email though, it urgently needs a rephrasing. "We thank you for your support" - really!?!?!

If you wanted to do a promotion to encourage people back, why not say words to that effect? Instead of thanking people who dont give you money with T6 ship and ten spec points, while giving the people who actually give you money, provide feedback, and report the (many) bugs...... 2 spec points and 2 ship slots

Still, the ship slots were nice so thats a win at least IMO. Id just rephrase it next time if I were you.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • autumnraynefyrautumnraynefyr Member Posts: 33 Bug Hunter
    TBH, the T6 Andromeda seems kinda derpy as it is.. The stats don't really do anything to make me want to trade it out for my current active ships.. And honestly, I don't see why people are complaining about what has become a normal business practice in most (If not all) Free-To-Play games these days, by attempting to lure players back by giving them stuff to make them want to return.. Although its really a perceived disservice to those that feel more entitled to it via being active players, many people fail to take into account that many of the people whom received these emails (not all as some recipients seem to be contributing players as it is) have likely missed several opportunities at other "free" ships such as the T6 Nandi and many others. I announced the email in this thread because I was playing the game the morning that I got it, and its wording hinted at being aimed towards vets, and for all we known it could ostensibly be getting sent to everyone, but many of the first queue, just happened to be inactive players. PWE has already acknowledged that their email systems send out bulk emails in queues, or has everyone forgotten the fiasco a few months ago with Neverwinter and the bonus packs that were not soulbinding and ended up in the Marketplace rather than getting used as intended, so the codes were deactivated and many people got the email after the deactivation.. :\ ..Trendy stated that she thought that the codes went to inactive players, but was not sure as not having anything to do with the promotion, and needed to check with the other teams about it.. So for all we know this could be a huge misunderstanding that everyone is flying off the hook about for no reason whatsoever.. :disappointed:
  • gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    I haven't played for a while, was starting to feel burned out, so before it was too late I've taken a break (last logged in during the middle of the summer event). Logged in today to claim my free ship - Thank You! Much appreciated. It was a little mean of you to give it away AFTER the uniform/spec points/ship slots give away, but I'm certainly not complaining - If I want all rewards after all, I should play the game.

Mind, I won't be coming back just yet I'm sorry to say. Life is a bit hectic, and what little time I have is being taken up by another game, but I will return soon... Ohh yes, the depths of space will once again by my bus ticke.... My oyster. Ohhh yes.

(On a random side note, what little I've seen of the Season 11 info looks very tasty, greatly looking forward to it).
  • farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Woulda preferred a ship that isn't part of a bundle. Or better yet, Zen would have been nice.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    tk79 wrote: »

Because spec points are handled like full level rewards. It seems that Cryptic does not want us using these spec points to earn levels before 60.

This can be confirmed by the "Comeback Email" that is being sent to inactive members. Those 10 spec points gifted can be used before 60, and they can be used to level your character from 50 to 60, giving spec points along the way.

It's possible the reason the spec points from the giveaway could only be used on level 60 characters was to avoid a bug that occurred in the past. There was an issue in the past with the free spec point reward from the featured episode. Players who used it on characters lower than level 60 didn't receive a normal spec point when leveling up so they were short a point. The issue was fixed and players affected had their missing spec points return.
  • dojackdojack Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Got the Email, Code didnt work, claims its invalid. WTF?
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    TBH, the T6 Andromeda seems kinda derpy as it is.. The stats don't really do anything to make me want to trade it out for my current active ships.. And honestly, I don't see why people are complaining about what has become a normal business practice in most (If not all) Free-To-Play games these days, by attempting to lure players back by giving them stuff to make them want to return.. Although its really a perceived disservice to those that feel more entitled to it via being active players, many people fail to take into account that many of the people whom received these emails (not all as some recipients seem to be contributing players as it is) have likely missed several opportunities at other "free" ships such as the T6 Nandi and many others. I announced the email in this thread because I was playing the game the morning that I got it, and its wording hinted at being aimed towards vets, and for all we known it could ostensibly be getting sent to everyone, but many of the first queue, just happened to be inactive players. PWE has already acknowledged that their email systems send out bulk emails in queues, or has everyone forgotten the fiasco a few months ago with Neverwinter and the bonus packs that were not soulbinding and ended up in the Marketplace rather than getting used as intended, so the codes were deactivated and many people got the email after the deactivation.. :\ ..Trendy stated that she thought that the codes went to inactive players, but was not sure as not having anything to do with the promotion, and needed to check with the other teams about it.. So for all we know this could be a huge misunderstanding that everyone is flying off the hook about for no reason whatsoever.. :disappointed:

Thats fair enough then, I hadnt realised it hadnt been confirmed yet, thanks for the info (:

Saying that though, the nandi and others were grind ships, not exactly free.

Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    I got the two free spec points on four characters, but all couldn't use them. Then the "fix" came in and my first character was able to use them. But the other three characters the points had disappeared. And since I couldn't be online during the "extended" period, I didn't get them on the other three.

Did this happen to anyone else?
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • hazanko4077hazanko4077 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    A [T6] Nebula or a [T6] Ambassador would have been a better choice. I favor the Ambassador more than any version of the Galaxy and the Nebula could use some new skins.
This discussion has been closed.