test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrating New Dawn with Giveaways

12345679»

Comments

• gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    I haven't played for a while, was starting to feel burned out, so before it was too late I've taken a break (last logged in during the middle of the summer event). Logged in today to claim my free ship - Thank You! Much appreciated. It was a little mean of you to give it away AFTER the uniform/spec points/ship slots give away, but I'm certainly not complaining - If I want all rewards after all, I should play the game.

Mind, I won't be coming back just yet I'm sorry to say. Life is a bit hectic, and what little time I have is being taken up by another game, but I will return soon... Ohh yes, the depths of space will once again by my bus ticke.... My oyster. Ohhh yes.

(On a random side note, what little I've seen of the Season 11 info looks very tasty, greatly looking forward to it).
  • farshorefarshore Member Posts: 353 Arc User
    Woulda preferred a ship that isn't part of a bundle. Or better yet, Zen would have been nice.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    tk79 wrote: »
    sentinel64 wrote: »

I, like many, appreciate it when STO gives us free stuff. The 2 spec points per character gift was great and will be useful when I get those toon to 60... which is the problem. Why are these points not available before 60 (like as soon as we are eligible to use them at post 50). I know there are some programming issues, but the issue should not prevent the addition of two additional points, since we already have the bonus points from the event reward packages.

Because spec points are handled like full level rewards. It seems that Cryptic does not want us using these spec points to earn levels before 60.

This can be confirmed by the "Comeback Email" that is being sent to inactive members. Those 10 spec points gifted can be used before 60, and they can be used to level your character from 50 to 60, giving spec points along the way.

It's possible the reason the spec points from the giveaway could only be used on level 60 characters was to avoid a bug that occurred in the past. There was an issue in the past with the free spec point reward from the featured episode. Players who used it on characters lower than level 60 didn't receive a normal spec point when leveling up so they were short a point. The issue was fixed and players affected had their missing spec points return.
  • dojackdojack Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Got the Email, Code didnt work, claims its invalid. WTF?
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    TBH, the T6 Andromeda seems kinda derpy as it is.. The stats don't really do anything to make me want to trade it out for my current active ships.. And honestly, I don't see why people are complaining about what has become a normal business practice in most (If not all) Free-To-Play games these days, by attempting to lure players back by giving them stuff to make them want to return.. Although its really a perceived disservice to those that feel more entitled to it via being active players, many people fail to take into account that many of the people whom received these emails (not all as some recipients seem to be contributing players as it is) have likely missed several opportunities at other "free" ships such as the T6 Nandi and many others. I announced the email in this thread because I was playing the game the morning that I got it, and its wording hinted at being aimed towards vets, and for all we known it could ostensibly be getting sent to everyone, but many of the first queue, just happened to be inactive players. PWE has already acknowledged that their email systems send out bulk emails in queues, or has everyone forgotten the fiasco a few months ago with Neverwinter and the bonus packs that were not soulbinding and ended up in the Marketplace rather than getting used as intended, so the codes were deactivated and many people got the email after the deactivation.. :\ ..Trendy stated that she thought that the codes went to inactive players, but was not sure as not having anything to do with the promotion, and needed to check with the other teams about it.. So for all we know this could be a huge misunderstanding that everyone is flying off the hook about for no reason whatsoever.. :disappointed:

Thats fair enough then, I hadnt realised it hadnt been confirmed yet, thanks for the info (:

Saying that though, the nandi and others were grind ships, not exactly free.

Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    I got the two free spec points on four characters, but all couldn't use them. Then the "fix" came in and my first character was able to use them. But the other three characters the points had disappeared. And since I couldn't be online during the "extended" period, I didn't get them on the other three.

Did this happen to anyone else?
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • hazanko4077hazanko4077 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    A [T6] Nebula or a [T6] Ambassador would have been a better choice. I favor the Ambassador more than any version of the Galaxy and the Nebula could use some new skins.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    dojack wrote: »
    Got the Email, Code didnt work, claims its invalid. WTF?

make sure the email address to which the code was sent is the email address attached to the account you are trying to use the code on. If you had alt accounts in the past it may be for one of those.
    ​​
  • sniperonxtcsniperonxtc Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Im disapointed I didnt get this E-Mail... guess Im too young on this game (playing since 1 year) guess Im playing too much (every day) guess Im spending too much money (around 200-300€ so far). Would I use the Andromeda much? I don´t think so, so why Im disapointed?

There is some stuff I can´t ever get due to the fact I don´t play since the start of this game (cocrain shotgun, red matter, risa ships...) Im OK with this. But since I played I didn´t missed anything, playing every day, supporting as much as my pocket is allowing it for a freetime video game...

Friend of mine forwarded me this e-mail, he introduced me to STO a year ago, he did never and will never spend even one cent on this game, he unpacked the Andromeda trolled 5 minutes in ESD space had fun there and thats it for good.

I say thank you for the three new dawn rewards, I find the uniform pretty nice and the ship slots and skill points usefull.

I´m far away from a raging person but this business model missed the goal for me. Give me a free T6 ship, say thank you for your support in an E-Mail to me, and Ill love this game even more. On the other hand I feel betrayed for my daily duty/service so here is my final statement:

I won´t support this game any longer with money!

Life long and prosper
    Hitomi Spock von Vulcan
    Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES.Much PAIN but still time.BELIEVE.There is GOOD out there.We oPpose DECEPTION.COnduit CLOSING/
  • captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I have a bit of feedback on this promotion: when there is an item that can be reedemed once per account, it would be nice to have an warning emphasizing it. I was in a hurry when I saw the promotion in game in the C-Store. I did not noticed the once per account description because it was in white as the remaining of the text and ended claiming it on the wrong char. Of course it is my fault for not readfing more carefully, but having the "once per account" description emphasized in yellow, for example, probably would have drawn my attention and I probably would not have made this mistake.
    Im disapointed I didnt get this E-Mail... guess Im too young on this game (playing since 1 year) guess Im playing too much (every day) guess Im spending too much money (around 200-300€ so far). Would I use the Andromeda much? I don´t think so, so why Im disapointed?

There is some stuff I can´t ever get due to the fact I don´t play since the start of this game (cocrain shotgun, red matter, risa ships...) Im OK with this. But since I played I didn´t missed anything, playing every day, supporting as much as my pocket is allowing it for a freetime video game...

Friend of mine forwarded me this e-mail, he introduced me to STO a year ago, he did never and will never spend even one cent on this game, he unpacked the Andromeda trolled 5 minutes in ESD space had fun there and thats it for good.

I say thank you for the three new dawn rewards, I find the uniform pretty nice and the ship slots and skill points usefull.

I´m far away from a raging person but this business model missed the goal for me. Give me a free T6 ship, say thank you for your support in an E-Mail to me, and Ill love this game even more. On the other hand I feel betrayed for my daily duty/service so here is my final statement:

I won´t support this game any longer with money!

Life long and prosper
    Hitomi Spock von Vulcan

I have been playing this game since Open Beta. I got a LTS at the 1st anniversary, then bought the Galaxy-X and LoR Starter Pack. It is by far the game I spent more money to the date. Although they have no obligation to give anyone anything, giving out a $30 ship for inactive players while keeping the active ones with just a bunch of cheap itens disapoints me as well. BTW, I stopped to spent money in this game when they added T6 ships and did not allowed us to make the upgrade T5 -> T6. I will never consider a T5U comparable to T6 simply because T6 gets one extra Lt. Cmdr Boff seating, which is VERY HELPFUL. This betrayed my trust. Why would I spend money buying T6 ships if some years from now they can introduce T7 ships and all my current ships get outdated once again, without an upgrade option? Sorry, I will simply not be buying new ships until this is fixed (which is probably never, I know). If I want a new one, I will simply use my stipend and exchange Dilithium for Zen.

Lastly, I was amonmg the ones against dilithium when it was introduced. I was wrong. The dilithium exchange was the best thing that could have happened to this game. Thanks devs!
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • paramvirmodiparamvirmodi Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Devs, would you send the free ship and 10 spec out to every one? There is a cascade of requests for the same, it would be nice to have this...pls consider
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User
    Devs, would you send the free ship and 10 spec out to every one? There is a cascade of requests for the same, it would be nice to have this...pls consider

Quoted for good idea-ness.

Itd be a nice gesture for those players loyal enough to play and spend.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    The free ship was meant for people who missed several opportunities to earn in-game freebies by participating in events.

We got the Nandi and the Samsar for example.

You can buy the Andromeda at any time but those event ships are one-of-a-kind (I mean it's not like they'll become event rewards again any time soon). Plus they are now account-wide and you can discard-reclaim them as many times as you like, just like the zen ships!

I think it's fair.
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Closing this because it's off-topic from the New-Dawn giveaways.
This discussion has been closed.