test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We can dance ...or can we?

suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
Thanks all for coming to the Singularity Party today, was a lot of fun, despite it having to be moved from Risa to my ship...due to a certain troll who stalked me across 3 instances trying to stop us - report sent of course, as stalking and harrassment are against the rules on the sto site :rolleyes:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/DW-Suzanna/2015-06-11%2021.29.04_zpsu6llckut.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/DW-Suzanna/2015-06-11%2021.46.30_zpske2cpefq.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/DW-Suzanna/2015-06-11%2022.52.48_zpsfckopkku.jpg

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/DW-Suzanna/2015-06-11%2022.04.00_zpsnbg13fsc.jpg

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
Post edited by suzanna3 on

Comments

• allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This kind of stuff has to stop.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Edit: Comment removed due to being unsure if it violates TOS, so I'm removing it anyway. Though I still stand by it.

Unfortunately, Cryptic values the money of these people more than they value the money of all the potential customers these people scare off.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • tovahktovahk Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    this guy still in sto? ¬..¬

anyway, was a great party! :D
  • towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That was sad, I just got there, too :(

But it ended up okay on your bridge, just wish we could've done some grinding favors along with it. Forced to hide, though...
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You can dance if you want to. You can leave your friends behind. 'Cause your friends don't dance and if they don't dance, well, they're no friends of mine.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • djnydradjnydra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's too bad that a few people (or even just one) can spoil the fun of a whole group of people!

Cryptic & PWE should stand by their own rules & enforce them; otherwise the trolls win & persist!

It's got to stop!:eek:
  • towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    ..and your passive-aggressive moaning is relevant to the rest of us how, exactly? Just ignore and move on, as there really is nothing one can do from stopping other people dancing.

Just as you ignored this thread as it wasn't relevant to you?
  • krowsyskrowsys Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Risa is a social event that draws many gamers and since most women like it more than the normal grind it increases their interest in STO. The more they play the more their friends will play with them. :P

Having ONE person disrupt the enjoyment of an event the community is trying to organize is detrimental to STO as a whole. If revenues are Cryptics and PWE only concern then they need to keep us all interested in the Roleplaying aspect of the game. Therefore they need to address the Trolling and Harassment of their Subscribers otherwise they will lose them.

Moving the party to a ship reduced the amount of participants and some players were unable to join us.

I would not be playing this if it were not for the presence of my friends with whom I share these experiences and memories. They make the game more memorable than a Single Player game ever could.

So please address this and keep this great gaming experience online.

One idea could be an "Instance Ban" If 5 or more players Report a player they would be moved to any of the many other instances and prevented from entering the instance he was Banned from for 2 hours or so. Temporarily preventing him from Trolling with his account "@ExampleTroll", just one of many possible solutions. Lets resolve this small issue by sharing more ideas.

Thank you for giving us this great game Cryptic, keep up the good work. I love this game despite the trolls and complainers.

-Admiral Krow
    Allied Command
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hate to say it OP but I'm pretty sure this thread is either going to locked or edited due to the no naming and shaming in the forum. I'd make sure those screenshots are included in your report.
    Unless the OP has edited the pics, I don't see any naming and shaming. I do see what looks like the toon of a forum regular, but after all the Zombie Spocks that showed up with his Disco Ball Wakes, I have complete confidence in someone's ability to make a toon that looks like that. In fact, if this were what happened, I'd call it poetic justice.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    really not understanding the issue here...
  • djnydradjnydra Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    krowsys wrote: »
    Risa is a social event that draws many gamers and since most women like it more than the normal grind it increases their interest in STO. The more they play the more their friends will play with them. :P

Having ONE person disrupt the enjoyment of an event the community is trying to organize is detrimental to STO as a whole. If revenues are Cryptics and PWE only concern then they need to keep us all interested in the Roleplaying aspect of the game. Therefore they need to address the Trolling and Harassment of their Subscribers otherwise they will lose them.

Moving the party to a ship reduced the amount of participants and some players were unable to join us.

I would not be playing this if it were not for the presence of my friends with whom I share these experiences and memories. They make the game more memorable than a Single Player game ever could.

So please address this and keep this great gaming experience online.

One idea could be an "Instance Ban" If 5 or more players Report a player they would be moved to any of the many other instances and prevented from entering the instance he was Banned from for 2 hours or so. Temporarily preventing him from Trolling with his account "@ExampleTroll", just one of many possible solutions. Lets resolve this small issue by sharing more ideas.

Thank you for giving us this great game Cryptic, keep up the good work. I love this game despite the trolls and complainers.

-Admiral Krow
    Allied Command

That is so true; there are more female players who participate in the social events, like Risa, than typically play the game under usual circumstances. I play, but I have several friends that enjoy the costuming and social interaction of the events far more than the normal "questing".

That being said, they won't stick around when the actions of a troll preclude their enjoyment of it. The power has to be taken away from the troll(s).

Here is another suggestion: when a player is getting repeatedly reported by multiple players, why not have the minimum space around their character increase based on the number of complaints so that they can not be directly in the face of another player. When their tactics no longer work, they will be thwarted.
    edited June 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    Is it not?

Gotta ask: do the pics linked in your sig have anything to do with each other? Or anything at all? Intriguing...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    really not understanding the issue here...

Someone showed up to a party and danced, people got upset at dancing?
    edited June 2015
    I don't see anything wrong in those screen shots.

Its a dance party yeah? and everyone's dancing?

Am I missing something? I don't get it

While I'm asking about sig lines, who out what is "jkname"?
  • racialstereotyperacialstereotype Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OH MY GOD! You got to meet Nbreeki?????? I'm furiously jealous right now you have no idea. :mad:
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    While I'm asking about sig lines, who out what is "jkname"?

i bet youve never heard of john lennon either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015

It won't, because game owners don't care.

Only time they will do anything to a player is if it affects their pocketbook.
    edited June 2015
    Hate to say it OP but I'm pretty sure this thread is either going to locked or edited due to the no naming and shaming in the forum..

OP hasn't edited the first post and there are no names in any of those screens.
  • suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For those of you that don't get it.....If you are at the dance event earning favours or doing a radio station broadcast party, or just at the bank, etc., when a toon keeps jumping on yours, keeps following you, won't stop when you try to move away, that is harrassment. Following you to other instances to do the same is also stalking.:rolleyes:

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • kitsuneichibankitsuneichiban Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    suzanna3 wrote: »
    For those of you that don't get it.....If you are at the dance event earning favours or doing a radio station broadcast party, or just at the bank, etc., when a toon keeps jumping on yours, keeps following you, won't stop when you try to move away, that is harrassment. Following you to other instances to do the same is also stalking.:rolleyes:

Thank goodness we appointed you as the high inquisitor of who may or may not come and dance at a public dance party in a public zone. Next you'll be telling us that the people who went to the Risa pool party from offplanet weren't invited and should've been arrested.
    edited June 2015
    suzanna3 wrote: »

It seems as though you're not mature enough to play this video game. I mean, this is not how an adult would react to this situation in a video game.
    edited June 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    It seems as though you're not mature enough to play this video game. I mean, this is not how an adult would react to this situation in a video game.

Because doing something you wouldn't get away with in the real world to another real person makes it perfectly OK. #facepalm
  • annubis114annubis114 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sorry I missed the party! but I will be there sunday!
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thank goodness we appointed you as the high inquisitor of who may or may not come and dance at a public dance party in a public zone. Next you'll be telling us that the people who went to the Risa pool party from offplanet weren't invited and should've been arrested.

You should re-read the situation. Given the situation your post may read like you are either part of a infamous STO troll band or lack the mental capacity to grasp the problem.
  • walt04walt04 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ok This is getting soooo old it is Stupid.... That joker has been doing this to not just her but anyone in Risa area not in his group. He has literally taken over a section of the beach ( that's anywhere there is a group of people) and ruined folks just having a good time. He has something mentally deficient in thinking he can get his rocks off by doing this to people.. its sad really... to be that pathetically lonely ... I know the person has been reported numerous times for this.. by many many many folks... I also know his little group focuses on trolling as part of there mandate.. ( I looked it up and researched it.. ) got quite the you tube video set on there mandate and its a bit ... out there... all I can say is if you or your friends /fleet members see this happening.. report it in mass.. its our only option to get this stopped.. or at least.. slowed down to a manageable degree of civility.. this has been going on for at least 3 years now ... its up to all of us to stop it.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Starfleet Dental has been on risa for hours now trolling by giving away free stuff and dancing.

Free contraband, free lohlunat favors, free ships, free epic weapons, free tr116 rifles, free doff packs, free hats, free jackets, free scarves, free holo emitters.

It's horrible!

They are on risa 26 right now, they just keep giving stuff away! those trollllllls!

... so what?
  • walt04walt04 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Giving away free stuff.... Oh ok that makes it ok to Jump up and down on another toon disrupting a party... yeah... the pics pretty much says it all.... keep justifying your actions by blaming others... how original..... Pretty much same ol same ol with you folks...
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I believe that is a certain well known blue troll with dental experience.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    edited June 2015
    huskerklg wrote: »
    Because doing something you wouldn't get away with in the real world to another real person makes it perfectly OK. #facepalm

Please tell me you consider this video game the real world.
This discussion has been closed.