test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

We can dance ...or can we?

Comments

• riyottsariyottsa Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    walt04 wrote: »
    Ok This is getting soooo old it is Stupid.... That joker has been doing this to not just her but anyone in Risa area not in his group. He has literally taken over a section of the beach ( that's anywhere there is a group of people) and ruined folks just having a good time. He has something mentally deficient in thinking he can get his rocks off by doing this to people.. its sad really... to be that pathetically lonely ... I know the person has been reported numerous times for this.. by many many many folks... I also know his little group focuses on trolling as part of there mandate.. ( I looked it up and researched it.. ) got quite the you tube video set on there mandate and its a bit ... out there... all I can say is if you or your friends /fleet members see this happening.. report it in mass.. its our only option to get this stopped.. or at least.. slowed down to a manageable degree of civility.. this has been going on for at least 3 years now ... its up to all of us to stop it.

I found Shatner's acting!
  • walt04walt04 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    and I think you folks do get it... this is just another feeble attempt in covering for what you folks do an a pretty consistent basis... ... Someone hosts a party... lets get our toon to walk all over the host of the party... then if anyone says anything.... deny deny deny... 3 years of it... its a really old joke... thought you folks would be tired of it by now.... know we are ...
  • onehalfklingononehalfklingon Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In before the lock. :cool:
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    One would think that with the multitude of Threads of this type, about the same situations over the last FIVE years (yes they've been acting like this since the start of the game), that Somebody at Cryptic would finally get a clue.

It truly does seem that The Folks in Charge really don't care.

Kinda fruitless to go on about it though, cause that just draws in the perpetrators in question, like blood to sharks.

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    shazia9191 wrote: »
    I think there's a third possibility here that you're missing.

1. Part of infamous troll band (nice indirect accusation, by the way).

2. Mentally deficient (insults, nice)

3. MAYBE the poster sees that, in the scheme of things, this really isn't a big deal, and should stop whining and just ignore the said player. "jumping up and down" and dancing are only disruptive if you let it bother you. It speaks more to you than to the other person if this kind of thing sends you up the wall.

Heh, thats exactly what the OP did by moving the entire event to the private space of his own ship. ;)

Totally what Cryptic intended after spending massive man-hours into building Risa.
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This thread is just proving that some people won't be satisfied until this is a singleplayer game.

Moving a party because someone was dancing and jumping, are you for real?
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    suzanna3 wrote: »
    Thanks all for coming to the Singularity Party today, was a lot of fun, despite it having to be moved from Risa to my ship...due to a certain troll who stalked me across 3 instances trying to stop us - report sent of course, as stalking and harrassment are against the rules on the sto site :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about ur experience OP, don’t get annoyed by it too much cuz trolling rarely seems to happen in STO anymore to my knowledge. Could also be that simply their quality lowered to standard below my perception?

Demand increase with delta rising seems to have been too huge for those still around in consideration of current endgame elite and probably even advanced contend. Must be the reason why they are bored down entierly to social zones or something.

If deploying cover shields and disturbing dance parties is all that’s left for them in 2015 I’m sure they have a great time and enjoy a massive recognition amongst real trolls present in other games. Lol.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • towdogtowdog Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes, that's what all the fuss is about, someone was "jumping and dancing at a dance party".
    This reply is proving that either people don't read anymore, or are intentionally playing ignorant.

Once again, someone was in some else's face at a dance party, wouldn't allow said person any space to enjoy herself, an followed her when she moved to avoid him. Harassment. At a minimum, that person is disrupting the enjoyment of the game by a large group of people. In real life there'd be a beat down, but this is a game. We call attention to the issue. You want to play word games or pretend not to understand the real issue? Fine.
    grimrak1 wrote: »
    This thread is just proving that some people won't be satisfied until this is a singleplayer game.

edited June 2015
    towdog wrote: »
    Yes, that's what all the fuss is about, someone was "jumping and dancing at a dance party".
    This reply is proving that either people don't read anymore, or are intentionally playing ignorant.

Once again, someone was in some else's face at a dance party, wouldn't allow said person any space to enjoy herself, an followed her when she moved to avoid him. Harassment. At a minimum, that person is disrupting the enjoyment of the game by a large group of people. In real life there'd be a beat down, but this is a game. We call attention to the issue. You want to play word games or pretend not to understand the real issue? Fine.

Look at the fleet tag of that poster and do some Google-ling if it’s worth a min of your time.

Such post’s purpose is to upset you more. Why go for it? ;)

They’ll probably just laugh at you while others laugh at them for their level of creativity in boredom and incompetence to cope with the current state of the game.

In the future just report their in game doing if u feel annoyed or anything. I could imagine that in a surrounding of a few dozen dancers enough reports would pile up to remove the problem.

Don’t claim it does not do any good. It does. In game and around here. :)
    animated.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    Please tell me you consider this video game the real world.

Only one being stupid here is you.

Just because we're playing in a game doesn't make anything we can't do in the real world acceptable.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Because throwing a party oh so means they want single player. But there is a point of acceptable behavior.

Unfortunately the misogynists and trolls could care less about that. And unfortunately they know they can get away with it also. Not because it is acceptable, but because This game has no real moderation.
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    i bet youve never heard of john lennon either.

I have, but... Sorry, you're gonna have to spell it out for me.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Just proves the folly of hosting 'invitation only' events on an open social zone, which happens to be during an annual event when everyone and their tribble is there.

Maybe one day such people will figure out that they have to share public space.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    In before the lock.
    edited June 2015
    In before the lock.

Why? I'd there some form rule being broken? A rule that only you, who seem unaware that IBTL posts are expressly forbidden in the rules, know about?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • grimrak1grimrak1 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    towdog wrote: »

Please explain how a person jumping and following you is ruining the game, I'd really like to understand this. Seriously.
    huskerklg wrote: »
    Because throwing a party oh so means they want single player. But there is a point of acceptable behavior.

Unfortunately the misogynists and trolls could care less about that. And unfortunately they know they can get away with it also. Not because it is acceptable, but because This game has no real moderation.

If there was real moderation they'd hopefully take care of your flaming here. I get that you're upset, though I don't quite understand why, but just throwing out any bad word you can think of to belittle the other person is pretty immature. Please explain how a person dancing and jumping is a misogynist?
    Fx3popQ.png
    But you know what? I guess it doesn't matter now does it? By being allowed to visit their studios Cryptic has pretty much signed off on you and your fleet haven't they? They've said in deed what most of us have suspected for years. They're not going to stop you. They're not going to correct you. You won. After long last, you really, really won. STO is yours and no one is going to do a thing about it. Congratulations.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Please explain how a person jumping and following you is ruining the game, I'd really like to understand this. Seriously.
    Based on the picture, the person in question had created a toon whose size could easily encompass most others, then appeared at an announced party and proceeded to occupy the same space as one or more other dancers, leaving them bereft of any visual feedback as to how they were doing.

I can't speak for you, of course, but when I participate in, well, pretty much any event in here, I figure the point is to watch MY toon performing actions, not the toon of someone else who wants to hide me in their ample bosom. If I want to be hidden in an ample bosom, I'll go get my wife.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    krowsys wrote: »
    Risa is a social event that draws many gamers and since most women like it more than the normal grind it increases their interest in STO. The more they play the more their friends will play with them. :P
    djnydra wrote: »
    That is so true; there are more female players who participate in the social events, like Risa, than typically play the game under usual circumstances.

Most... women?

Surely you mean the many men online role playing girls.

Cos you can usually tell if it's a man hiding behind a female avatar, reducing my gender to nothing but shallow eye candy, usually with the nerve tonic dance, wearing barely anything with a maxed out boob slider and spamming the Risa zone chat with erp with other so-called 'women'.

I for one just come to Risa to quickly gather favours, then go back to shooting things with my friends, who don't treat me any differently for being a girl irl. Or I'm hosting random giveaways which are frequently trolled by one particular obsessed weirdo because of my fleet tag. Etc.
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Based on the picture...

Oh boy, thx for that reply which had me actually look up the OP’s pics. ROFL

It’s him! <taken name out to stay in rules and replaced with Crusty> the Clown.

Think a few years ago he was sometimes attempting to sabotage IGE pug runs or so but was forced to give up on it because even the most incompetent pugs actually got… well better than him in PvE.

Fun to see that he found something new to be good at, even such an embarrassment.

Also interesting to see him not taking credit around here as he used to. Reason is probably that he simply can’t… lol just like IGA.
    real moderation

Seems to work just fine, perhaps it's time for him to take a little break from game as well.
    animated.gif
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    riyottsa wrote: »
    It seems as though you're not mature enough to play this video game. I mean, this is not how an adult would react to this situation in a video game.

Those sig images of yours are enough to get you a ban, methinks.
    boldly-watched.png
    edited June 2015
    Sounds like it all worked itself out?

No I think it deserves more attention and therefore ask any community manager around nicely to look into the matter so that it can be cleared up.
    animated.gif
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Based on the picture, the person in question had created a toon whose size could easily encompass most others, then appeared at an announced party and proceeded to occupy the same space as one or more other dancers, leaving them bereft of any visual feedback as to how they were doing.

I can't speak for you, of course, but when I participate in, well, pretty much any event in here, I figure the point is to watch MY toon performing actions, not the toon of someone else who wants to hide me in their ample bosom. If I want to be hidden in an ample bosom, I'll go get my wife.

I agree, 100%. This defines what is wrong very well.

I also agree if I want to be hidden in an ample bosom, I'll go get your wife.:eek: Oh wait... I mean... I'll go get MY wife. Mine. Not yours...
  • suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There is small cap limit of 20 approx on a ship! Usually there are approx 50 at these events, so no - holding events on a ship is not the answer, as not all the players who wish to come can get invited. Also, you seem to be forgetting, there is no dance event for rewards on a ship, its on Risa ;) So this type of trolling is stopping players from enjoying the game, taking part in what the devs have created, which is not good for the game or for Cryptic or Perfect World.

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wah I Was In Public And There Were Other People!!!!!!!!!!
  • suzanna3suzanna3 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There is no possible way he is preventing you from doing anything in the game.

haha! well you obviously have not had an oversized toon on top of you, or following you everytime you move and I hope you never do:rolleyes:

singularity_zps539276de.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,431 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And yes, we certainly can see who supports trolling around here.

There is a distinction between being NEAR someone and being literally AROUND someone, deliberately encompassing them within your own supposed magnificence so that they can't even see themselves, and following them from instance to instance to demonstrate that this action is quite purposeful. Just as there is a distinction between keeping an eye on someone and hiding in the bushes outside their house watching them through the windows. One is fine, the other is... creepy.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited June 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Standing close together? He is SO close that part of his character has merged with hers!

So it's his fault the game doesn't seem to have much for character collision?
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Suddenly I'm reminded of that thread where someone compared the disco balls to being sexually assaulted...

why is this thread not yet locked... Askray?
    edited June 2015
    Suddenly I'm reminded of that thread where someone compared the disco balls to being sexually assaulted...

why is this thread not yet locked... Askray?

I thought it was snowballs, could be both with this crowd though.
This discussion has been closed.