Options

Login server issues again?

Comments

• Options
    comradebliv#3047 comradebliv Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tons? hundreds to thousands?

PROVE IT!!

Show me the post count and chat logs of these mythical "Great White Buffalo" (Hot Tub Time Machine movie reference) that have so many problems.

Once you show me these thousands i will retract my post and apologise,until then you are not going to be taken seriously and probably be mocked at because:

a) You make up numbers which dont exist
    b) You have an attitude and to be honest i dont like you
    c) You could have posted in one of the other threads regarding this so called "problem" yet since you are under the delusion of thinking you are a special snowflake you decided to make a new thread...

Ok, then what numbers should I use? If you like me and you can go throughout the forums look over a week or 2 ago and see how many people are complaining.

As for Attitude, text has no emotion (but it has meaning). I came to talk about this problem but apparently some folks act like it's perfect (which it's not perfect... and if it's perfect I wouldn't even bother talking and enjoy playing STO right about now).

And the response you came up with by calling people delusional is an insult. Although, I find it funny how you are contradicting yourself by saying you don't like people with attitude but look at you, I could say the same thing.
  • Options
    frontline2042frontline2042 Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trendy has stated several times they are looking into it and she's constantly harassing the engineers about it.
    Ignorance is an obstacle not an excuse
    Let the stupid suffer
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    as for the stability of the software or the game, you dont like it then dont play the game.

I like the game and I WANT to play it. That is why I have started to use this forum since I have been playing this game for 2 years.

Though speaking about cryptic and the internet source, If they are planning to fix this problem they should let the player base know instead of letting some people left out to dry.

The effort of fixing things is a huge issue with companies these days. Some even took a year to fix a simple problem (in which I am not going to bring up a certain game which has had this problem many times).
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Replies in red.

That part is correct and I agree. I have played War Thunder and there is things that many people didn't like about the community. At least it's not as worse as world of tanks.

The people in this community are nice, but most of the time they complained about technical issues (mostly servers) which is hindering the ability for people to play this game. I like playing this game a lot and I have 1500 hours worth of playing this game through steam (as it states it).

This is the only game that I played non-stop.
  • Options
    midwayacemidwayace Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited April 2015

PROVE IT!!

Show me the post count and chat logs of these mythical "Great White Buffalo" (Hot Tub Time Machine movie reference) that have so many problems.

Once you show me these thousands i will retract my post and apologise,until then you are not going to be taken seriously and probably be mocked at because:

c) You could have posted in one of the other threads regarding this so called "problem" yet since you are under the delusion of thinking you are a special snowflake you decided to make a new thread...

OP disregard this poster he lives to flame people. Don't confuse him with the facts he already has his mind made up. He regularly engages into conversations other people are having with bursts of negativity and insults hoping to get a rise out of you. As stated by other posters and across the forum STO and Neverwinter are being run on the same server and they use COGENT [the worst and cheapest ISP] around. They are even now trying to restrict the amount of people who are in the game at one time to alleviate the problem using login queues. That isn't working either. The company apparently cannot find a fix that doesn't require them to spend money.

Now for you Plasma, every snowflake is unique and special and guess what? When it snows there are a ton of snowflakes not just one. So stop insulting the intelligence of the people on the forums. Here is a free piece of advice.

If you can't say[post] something Good don't say[post] anything at all!!
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    midwayace wrote: »
    If you can't say[post] something Good don't say[post] anything at all!!

100% good advice, it leads to something called respect. If people think you are an idiot you don't have to open your mouth and prove them right. That however is your choice.
  • Options
    snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    snipey47a wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "Cryptic's typical cheap broken servers. All my other MMO's played perfectly..."

This would mean you never ever played another MMO than STO.

Seriously????
    Come on, lad...

I can point out a few dozen with similar, if not WORSE, problems.

Let me humour you with just one: Anarchy Online: Emperor of Rubberbanding.
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    Let me humour you with just one: Anarchy Online: Emperor of Rubberbanding.

AO is almost 10y older than STO, using an outdated engine & was put on life support years before STO was released. I'd expect serious issues w/AO if I tried to play it now.

I have a sandwich, therefore you're not hungry!

Sorry, but you come off as a jerk here. There has been an increased amount of lag/disconnects in recent weeks. Just because it doesn't affect you yet, doesn't mean exist.
  • Options
    thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Granted it happens but not EVERYONE or thousands like they want us to believe,if that would be the case this game would have made headlines,appeared in Tv,gaming websites and a general uproar would be heard from here to the Himalayas.

You over estimate the collective clout of STO gamer whining. People would be whining in so many different places, as individuals, that it wouldn't be noticed by the masses.
    Considering the number of post,the same people posting over and over it really is a small ammount of people who suffers this problem,so what ticks me off is people wanting me to believe that the WHOLE playerbase suffers from this when actually its not a big deal.

I never thought the disconnects/lag were a serious issue until recently. Now I'm being hit hard by them, and trust me, my ISP isn't the issue that Cryptic CS constantly tries to say it is(canned response to pass blame). Lately I see more & more people having connection issues in every chat channel. Let people vent about it, lest 1 day you become a victim to this issue & try to vent about it here.

PS: You time would be better spent responding to the constant entitlement threads. Now those people are wasting forum space.
  • Options
    vhex333vhex333 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can also add that there does indeed seem to be a connection between space traits and the lag (which I suffer from).

This lag is sometimes game breaking when on my main character (a very old character with maxed out skill trees and nearly all space traits). The moment these are removed or I play an alt (Delta Recruit) the lag magically goes.

So, I could play without the traits but we all know that they are pretty good to have and actually a fundamental part of the mechanics of the game's roadmap ahead. This all started post Delta Rising when the traits were introduced. For me, got severe around the time the Command ships when live and now the game goes from ok to awful. It was wonderfully stable before.

Just to clear, my home connection is 125mb, I have incredibly low ping (8ms on average) and there are no noted technical issues on the line. I say this to avoid doubt.
  • Options
    darthkuribohdarthkuriboh Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I hadn't had a problem until last night. when it happened, I laughed about it and mocked the problems.
  • Options
    gonaliusgonalius Member Posts: 893 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic the last couple of weeks, instead of my Delta Recruits (I would have put it off till after the event finished, but they had a good deal on a sub, the expansions, and the local equivalent of Zen that was about to expire), and their forums are just as bad.

Some EU customers (Mainly Virgin Media (Isn't it always?)) have been moaning about lag since the latest patch, blaming EA/Bioware. Turns out that at about the same time as the patch, there was a major fire in Holborn where a lot of switching and routing equipment is, but people still blame the game provider. (They switched ISP's today, and lo and behold, the moaning... Well its still going on, but it has reduced).
  • Options
    voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    AO is almost 10y older than STO, using an outdated engine & was put on life support years before STO was released. I'd expect serious issues w/AO if I tried to play it now.
    This was at the very beginning of AO.
    As stated however, this was merely an example, there are tons of examples out there.
    Lag, connection issues, you name it, has been around since the 16 baud modem.
    Of course, back then there was was no STO, still...
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the OP is really at fault.

I mean, it's actually rather obvious, that because his game is unstable, it affects the server and so makes it unstable for a handful else.

Cryptic should really withdraw a large amount of money on his account and then share the Zen across everyone.

You'd have to be insane to not be able to see that all the instability some people are experiencing are the direct result of the OP's unstable computer.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited April 2015

PROVE IT!!

Just browsing through the first 9 last posts' pages…

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1425251

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1424111

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1428241

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1429501

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1423531

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1429621

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1429601

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1429591

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1429611

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1428811

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1429411

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1377831
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trendy has stated several times they are looking into it and she's constantly harassing the engineers about it.

Trendy wants to shove a cattle prod up their collective arses more like :eek:

I raised this very same issue lastweek and still no response from Cryptic despite my thread getting to 7 pages of people saying the same. either to that or my complaints to bugs not being fixed. They either don't have the staff or don't care anymore. These weren't just European players wither they ranged from the EU, to Aus/Japan and Canada/US. So it is a Widespread problem and not on our ends either. :(

On another note I couldn't help reading that on person on page 1 of this thread being particularly rude to the OP and taking offence for no reason. Perhaps if people in these forums were a bit nicer to those making complaints instead of flaming/insulting them the community might get some action, instead we have users blatantly trolling and looking to get a bite, some moderation wouldn't go amiss. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited April 2015

PROVE IT!!

Well I don't have much lags myself, but according to my fleet channel, public elite stf, and zone chat, a lots of people are.

So either suddenly a large part of STO population decided to troll Cryptic about lag, or there is truly a lag issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    On the subject of numbers that are complaining versus those that haven't. Consider this, people complain about the same thing sand nothing happens what do they do? answer one or more of the following:-

1. Stop complaining (Because nothing ever happens about it)
    2. Stop playing (Because the game is unplayable for them and why should they waste their time)
    3. Keep playing in vain hope that the situation improves (Also keep complaining about it)
    4. They leave for a few months and decide to give STO a break and hope when they come back all is fixed (Fat chance)
    5. They leave for good spending their hard earned cash elsewhere and decide to never involve themselves with a Cryptic Game ever again (More than likely).

I know people who have fallen into one or more of those categories, I myself have even done this. The main problem is for those that have exhausted all options they are more likely to adopt number 5 most of my fleet have, leaving about 8 of us. Cryptic's terrible response to fixing the issue and keeping us informed isn't helping either. I'm honestly starting to think if their infrastructure is upto the task, it honestly feels like the game is about to fall over and not get back up.

It is worrying especially after I've invested thousands in this game over the years.
  • Options
    distantworldsdistantworlds Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its also not cryptics end usually with the connection, especially with players connection issues and cogent and verizon messing about in boston, especially since thats where the server is located.

as for the stability of the software or the game, you dont like it then dont play the game.

It's not cogent. I get perfect traffic through to cryptic's datacenter. No dropped packets, no ping over 50ms. (and usually 20-30ms)

This is an issue with the servers or the netcode. IT IS NOT THE INTERNET.

As I posted in another thread about this:

patchserverrebirth.crypticstudios.com

Number of Pings: 26,294 (more than seven hours worth of pings)
    Packet loss: 0.0%
    Average Ping: 16.0
    Worst: 47.3
    Best: 15.0
    TRIBBLE Dev: 3.4
  • Options
    valianttomevalianttome Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here let me enlighten you,the day these new threads keep on poping up like mushrooms is the day you wont see me ;)

My apearances in threads pertaining this topic are two fold:

First: People post like EVERYONE is suffering from lag,rubberbanding and random disconects.
    So i post to let people know that that isnt true.
    No one has the right to speak on my behalf,so if YOU lag say it clearly but dont say WIDESPREAD or server wide because that is a blatant lie.

Second:To remind people that we already have threads opened about the same subject,what is the purpose of starting another one?

Day both of these occurances stop happening i wont post anymore in these type of threads, capisce?¿

You post to disrupt the thread. You can easily fullfill your intentions of informing people with your own Thread. Or by posting in one and feeling satisfied that your opinion has been shared. But instead you chase down every thread on the topic and derail the thread over whether the OP said 'we' 'everyone' 'majority' and so forth.

So people are to either believe that you have an unnatural obsession with those words or youre purposely attempting to derail threads. Its the internet. So which one is more likely?
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Replies in red.

Not many to be honest? You must not have looked loong. Not only are there dozens of threads but if you read zone chat ingame you will notice that a lot of people are having issues with the server. The server not responding has been plaguing the game for at least 4 years and the latest patch introduced a game client crash that happens a few times every day. As someone else mentioned, Trendy has even admitted the problem so why do people still say it's an issue with people's connections our computer system? It is really insulting in fact. I don't know if thousands of people have the problem (and I wouldn't be surprised if it were the case) but I'm sure hundreds do.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited April 2015
    This issue might not be so widespread that it affects everyone, but if it was only a very small group of people why has it been addressed by Trendy on a few posts that they are aware and looking into the root cause of the issues?

Sure you might not be affected, but it doesn't negate the fact that it isn't possible for others and that it isn't an issue that can be directly controlled by Cryptic or PWE and their management of things.

There really is no need and cause to start a flame war because one person put out something that actually can reflect a lot. Remember that not everyone who actually plays the game join the forums. There are a few who don't even know the forums exist. They just blindly play the game and complain on chat, in fleet, or on other public areas like the FB page for Cryptic or the STO FB member run groups.

Not many people take time to reflect in their most frustrated points on how they right, they are just writing out their complaits as it seems to them.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Captains,

I am going to make ONE attempt to salvage this thread.

1. Do NOT post an insult, veiled or otherwise, whether directed at the Devs or another Forum user.

2. Do NOT respond directly to, or quote, any post that violates forum rules.

3. DO report any posts that violate forum rules. PM me or another mod if you have to.

4. Stay on topic. Avoid side conversations and digressions.

5. Do NOT attack other people's statements based on knowledge you do not have about their situation. It is entirely possible that some people are suffering through game issues and some are not.

6. Do NOT assume that it's all about Cryptic. The fact that some people are NOT experiencing issues should tell you that whatever is going on is not universal and it might be something that Cryptic can't directly control. NOTE that I am NOT suggesting they have no responsibility to determine what the problem is or to try to fix it.

7. Do NOT pretend that you understand the infrastructure around STO. If you don't work for Cryptic you have no direct knowledge and nothing you say about how their game infrastructure works holds any real weight, positive or negative.

8. DO share any insights about the issue you've gotten through testing. But in that case, you should be using a thread in one of the support forums and not this one. Bug/Tech reports do not belong in General.

If you guys can stick to those guidelines, maybe this thread can stay open. If the biting personal attacks continue from multiple posters, this thread won't continue.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Okay time to weigh in....

Hey plasma yeah you, how many threads have been made over these issues over the last 5 years? Do you know? Here is a little fact for you, despite what you think the Devs know there is a problem. As a matter of fact, they have known for a very long time there is a problem. The reason people post to new threads is because nothing has been done about the ongoing problems. So now the staff has to quell the many voices by attempting to find a solution. Trendy has supposedly cracked the whip over the engineers.

To the staff, you want to stop the insanity? Convince your bosses the best way to permanently fix the problem is to put Neverwinter on their own server. That will fix a ton of issues and allow you to get back to creating content or fixing PvP.
  • Options
    distantworldsdistantworlds Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    8. DO share any insights about the issue you've gotten through testing. But in that case, you should be using a thread in one of the support forums and not this one. Bug/Tech reports do not belong in General.
    I disagree with this vehemently. This belongs in general because it's a general problem. This is not an issue of someone's PC or gaphics card or network. This is on Cryptic. Banishing these threads to the tech support forum is sweeping it under the rug.
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I disagree with this vehemently. This belongs in general because it's a general problem. This is not an issue of someone's PC or gaphics card or network. This is on Cryptic. Banishing these threads to the tech support forum is sweeping it under the rug.

I am not saying that this thread doesn't belong in General. I am saying that BUG reports belong in a tech forum. There is a distinct difference.

This thread is a customer complaint. General is as good a place for that as anywhere else on the forums.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek