test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login server issues again?

drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
Got severe lag and rubberbanding in game, then switched toons and now I get Login timeout repeatedly. Server down again?
Post edited by drake122svk on

Comments

• arkyboyarkyboy Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have been getting server not responding & getting kicked every few minutes all afternoon
    [img][/img]Screenshot%2067_zps8ijfhubt.png
  • zeatrexzeatrex Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't know what's up with the game, but these couple of days it has been SUPER annoying to get into the game. The launcher like 90% of the time doesn't work. Right now, the launcher isn't working nor connecting so I can't even log in.

Everything is totally fine when I do log in, but when I do one Fleet Starbase 5-man alert, the game just start lagging off and it becomes almost unplayable, best part is that in this PvE Queues in specific is the ONLY one that has this issue. After this alert is done, I get the Server Not Responding to greet me.
  • drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tracert...
    9 117 ms 108 ms 108 ms internap-gw.ip4.gtt.net [77.67.77.54]
    10 388 ms 332 ms 432 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.1
    04]
    11 108 ms 106 ms 107 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.
    61.78]
    12 106 ms 108 ms 107 ms patchserver2.crypticstudios.com [208.95.185.41]

Really? Cryptic come on...
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem for me. Can't play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wouldn't be surprised if it's because they've seemingly started the pre-download for Season 10 already. Lots of folks log out of the game and start downloading the pre-patch. Lots of bandwidth being eaten up making the already existing lag even worse.

Now, not saying this *IS* what's happening, just that I wouldn't be surprised. :)
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    edited April 2015
    iamynaught wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if it's because they've seemingly started the pre-download for Season 10 already. Lots of folks log out of the game and start downloading the pre-patch. Lots of bandwidth being eaten up making the already existing lag even worse.

Now, not saying this *IS* what's happening, just that I wouldn't be surprised. :)

I was thinking the same thing. I don't know if that "IS" the problem but it seems to coincide with this pre-patching.
    edited April 2015
    Well then disable this prepatching TRIBBLE. What good is it when people can't play?
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Pvpers found it to be OP.
    edited April 2015
    I can stream movies & play other MMO's & have no problems at all except with STO.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This is getting really annoying... :mad:
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • polstarukpolstaruk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Game froze, server disconnected and now launcher very slow. Normally have a good connection but last few nights have been terrible.
    Anything that happens, happens. Anything that in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.
    It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order though.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nope, I can't get in now. Cannot connect to the login server.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    10 388 ms 332 ms 432 ms border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.104]
    You are aware that based on the IP address provided the slowdown shown above is with Internap in Northon, Massachusetts? It is the next hop, after the above, which takes you to Boston and the Cryptic server - as confirmed by the Boston IP address.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    You are aware that based on the IP address provided the slowdown show above is with Internap in Northon, Massachusetts? It is the next hop, after the above, which takes you to Boston and the Cryptic server - as confirmed by the Boston IP address.

So you're saying the people I want to scream at, are a three hour car trip away from me?;)
    edited April 2015
    cptjhunter wrote: »
    so You're Saying The People I Want To Scream At, Are A Three Hour Car Trip Away From Me?;)

Rofl Go Get Em For Me Too! Lol! :)
  • o0galathor0oo0galathor0o Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ~ Go become a delta recruit! Well you won't be able to play it properly because we (Cryptic/PW) are too dumb to run it on an appropriate infrastructure, but who cares? We love bugs and lag and rubberbanding and all that kind of TRIBBLE. Welcome to Star Trek Offline where people are happy and earth is a disc! ~
    ~ Don't blame the clown for being a clown, blame yourself for going to the circus ~
    edited April 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    You are aware that based on the IP address provided the slowdown shown above is with Internap in Northon, Massachusetts? It is the next hop, after the above, which takes you to Boston and the Cryptic server - as confirmed by the Boston IP address.

I don't care if it's in Massechusetts or Afghanistan, it's causing problems and should be fixed.
  • litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Another evening in the UK I've given up, disconnects, server lag, an unplayable game. I'm a lifer and wont be going away but god knows what this is doing for those newbies trying the game for the delta event. I'm guessing it will be the same souls here in 6 months time, thats been here already. Instant turn off for any trying a new game is one that runs badly or not at all....
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • thejoker767thejoker767 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got severe lag and rubberbanding in game, then switched toons and now I get Login timeout repeatedly. Server down again?

Don't you get it ??? Cryptic doesn't want your Zen anymore .

HOLD OFF BUYING ZEN UNTIL THIS LAG BS GETS RESOLVED .... AND MAKE SURE YOU POST ABOUT IT

I really starting to regret to invest my money, I did so in good faith to support a game I like ... but this is passed a point of a simple patch error or glitched mission .... its disgusting ... unacceptable and utterly frustrating . Once in a while ... FINE ... 3 days in 3 months of playable non-lag STf's is fracking boll****

If EVERYONE that gets lag makes a new thread EVERYDAY maybe something will be done ....

NO ONE FROM CRYPTIC EVER EVEN RESPONDS TO THESE THREAD BECAUSE THEIR TOO BUSY LAUGHING AT US THE PLAYERS WHO TRY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE GAME IN A FINANCIAL MANNER
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Don't you get it ??? Cryptic doesn't want your Zen anymore .

HOLD OFF BUYING ZEN UNTIL THIS LAG BS GETS RESOLVED .... AND MAKE SURE YOU POST ABOUT IT

I really starting to regret to invest my money, I did so in good faith to support a game I like ... but this is passed a point of a simple patch error or glitched mission .... its disgusting ... unacceptable and utterly frustrating . Once in a while ... FINE ... 3 days in 3 months of playable non-lag STf's is fracking boll****

If EVERYONE that gets lag makes a new thread EVERYDAY maybe something will be done ....

NO ONE FROM CRYPTIC EVER EVEN RESPONDS TO THESE THREAD BECAUSE THEIR TOO BUSY LAUGHING AT US THE PLAYERS WHO TRY TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE GAME IN A FINANCIAL MANNER

Y so srs?

/10char
    w8xekp.jpg
  • scottstatenscottstaten Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I somehow doubt this is Cryptis fault. The servers are ion Boston, Turbine is also in Boston and i cannot connect to LOTRO either. There may be some sort of issue beyond both companies control affecting things right now.
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    If you think that somehow automatically makes it cryptic's fault and not something between you and them...you have no idea how the internet works and as such, should refrain from further discussion on the matter. Unless you have some data that ACTUAL supports that it is cryptic's servers and not...say bob's internet two jumps on it's way to cryptic...we can talk...otherwise, your ignorance is showing. And that goes for anyone else who wants to keep using the whole I can do everything else argument.

Well, it sorta IS their fault. See, Cogent isn't the only Tier 1 provider out there. But it is a costly proposition to migrate either the physical servers or the data it contains from one Tier 1 provider to another. Also, if you're going to insult someone instead of giving a thorough and comprehensive rebuttal of the OC's post, then maybe it is YOU who should refrain from posting anything in the furure. #twocents
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • rikersdadrikersdad Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Login and SNR issues since Saturday
    Reinstalled as Steam and as Arc
    multiple tracerts provided
    thanks for blaming the players though.
    edited April 2015
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    If you think that somehow automatically makes it cryptic's fault and not something between you and them...you have no idea how the internet works and as such, should refrain from further discussion on the matter. Unless you have some data that ACTUAL supports that it is cryptic's servers and not...say bob's internet two jumps on it's way to cryptic...we can talk...otherwise, your ignorance is showing. And that goes for anyone else who wants to keep using the whole I can do everything else argument.

I have sent ACTUAL DATA to them through the support system & not here on the forums about this issue. I just love it :rolleyes: when someone presumes to know all about someone from one or two comments here. Then attempt to insult them all the while making themselves the jerk. You don't play well with others. :P
  • seiberkagenekoseiberkageneko Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im not laggin,none of the 200 fleet members in my fleet are lagging either,this is not a game wide occurance..."some" people lag and by some i mean a few,if that includes you well tough noogies,go get a chill pill and relax....hmm mods any chance you can give this guy a "break" from the forums? annoying and actually said in one of his threads (about the same subject) that the people in charge of the servers should be burned,isnt that grounds for atleast a couple days off the forums?

Oh, well, since you're not having a problem, I guess there is no problem, right?

I've been having the same issues for the past WEEK. I've all but given up playing anything by cryptic, because I can't. I can't play star trek, I can't play champions, I can't play neverwinter. I CAN play The Old Republic, so I have been, because it works. I CAN play Guild Wars, so I have been. See, that's how it works. If you can't use something, then you don't. And if you can't use a service, you stop supporting it. I was going to get the new Andromeda, however I'm very glad I didn't because I would have put out money for something I thus far have never gotten the chance to use. I wanted to invest in a delta recruit, but the game is unplayable, so I'm glad I never made that investment. In this instance, it did cost them money. And I'm not the only one. Not by a long shot.

So sure, you can play. Good, go have fun. And since this issue doesn't seem to involve you, you can also leave the conversation since you don't have anything to contribute. And if you're annoyed by the people in the forums complaining, keep in mind that every one of those players complaining, this is their ONLY access to anything in the STO field at the moment.
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arkyboy wrote: »
    Rofl Go Get Em For Me Too! Lol! :)

Off topic, your Sig rocks.
  • comradebliv#3047 comradebliv Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't get it, since last week's patch. This game servers are completely unstable.

There is tons and tons of people complaining and we have several "Oh my computer works perfectly..." I am going to sum things up.

First off, I already know this game has had many server issues in the past and times where people couldn't play for a couple of days, maybe more. I don't know if Cryptic isn't acknowledging the issue (if they had they would have let all of us know). Second thing, For those of you who said "Oh my I have no problems..." well good for you! This reply kind of sounds foolish. If people have problems with the game and especially if it consists around hundreds to thousands of players. Because by you saying ""it's perfectly fine" then issues will never get fixed.

So far it's been almost 2 weeks (half a month) trying to bare with these "Server" issues. And I will also bet if this happened to you, you will get extremely annoyed.

As of now, we are still waiting for this so called "fix" which we aren't hearing from Cryptic yet.

Everything was working well till this update screwed everything... and this update alone is to be blamed for these issues.

But hey! Money, Money, Money, Money, Money!!
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it wasn't the update to STO that screwed everything...

no, Neverwinter released a new update, an expansion or something... and since Cryptic, in its grand wisdom, thought that having neverwinter and sto on the same server was the most brilliant idea ever and the players would just love it... yeah...
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    its also not cryptics end usually with the connection, especially with players connection issues and cogent and verizon messing about in boston, especially since thats where the server is located.

as for the stability of the software or the game, you dont like it then dont play the game.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • comradebliv#3047 comradebliv Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Tons? hundreds to thousands?

PROVE IT!!

Show me the post count and chat logs of these mythical "Great White Buffalo" (Hot Tub Time Machine movie reference) that have so many problems.

Once you show me these thousands i will retract my post and apologise,until then you are not going to be taken seriously and probably be mocked at because:

a) You make up numbers which dont exist
    b) You have an attitude and to be honest i dont like you
    c) You could have posted in one of the other threads regarding this so called "problem" yet since you are under the delusion of thinking you are a special snowflake you decided to make a new thread...

Ok, then what numbers should I use? If you like me and you can go throughout the forums look over a week or 2 ago and see how many people are complaining.

As for Attitude, text has no emotion (but it has meaning). I came to talk about this problem but apparently some folks act like it's perfect (which it's not perfect... and if it's perfect I wouldn't even bother talking and enjoy playing STO right about now).

And the response you came up with by calling people delusional is an insult. Although, I find it funny how you are contradicting yourself by saying you don't like people with attitude but look at you, I could say the same thing.