What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login server issues again?

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am glad I do not have any server issues on my end.

The only abnormal thing that has happened to me was get put into a login queue over the weekend, but the wait was not very long. Easily less than one minute in all cases. I am playing a STO on one laptop while I am streaming a 1080p video on another laptop.
  • Options
    comradebliv#3047 comradebliv Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The thing that I have and will always complain is the server for games. My computer is expensive and plays all graphics on max. So we ruled out the graphics out of the question.

Comparing other peoples connection logs to cryptics internet source... it's on Cryptics end that has a network issue, hence is why whenever I get online I see login failure, drop outs after you successfully login after a couple of minutes, and loading times are extremely slow.

I also have tested my other games that have multiplayer... such as War thunder, Wargaming's game, Planetside 2 and they all run SUPER smooth. Me and my friend had on-off connection spikes and drop outs throughout the last 2-3 years. Everyone should know for the fact Cryptics servers are unstable half of the time.

And if I am not on this computer? Well I play xbox one and all my games on Xbox one runs Super smooth again. I can keep going on and on about connections speed.

But it is a shame how the Cogent (aka also known as Cryptics internet source) is spoiling the excitement of season 10.

I am crossing my fingers that there is no server issues by the time season 10 happens.

P.S I have very good internet. I have played STO for almost 3 years (2 years currently) and out of all the days... why is there a huge issue this last 2 weeks???
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    I can point out a few dozen with similar, if not WORSE, problems.

Let me humour you with just one: Anarchy Online: Emperor of Rubberbanding.
    Talk about a race to the bottom.

Might as well just post "lol matrix online," or not even contribute to the discussion.

I hope Cryptic doesn't make it a point internally to compare themselves to MMOs developed in the late 90s.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited April 2015
    Tons? hundreds to thousands?

PROVE IT!!

Show me the post count and chat logs of these mythical "Great White Buffalo" (Hot Tub Time Machine movie reference) that have so many problems.

Once you show me these thousands i will retract my post and apologise,until then you are not going to be taken seriously and probably be mocked at because:

a) You make up numbers which dont exist
    b) You have an attitude and to be honest i dont like you
    c) You could have posted in one of the other threads regarding this so called "problem" yet since you are under the delusion of thinking you are a special snowflake you decided to make a new thread...

You prove it isn't

Many here in the forums claim we who post here are a tiny minority yet I have saw in these forums many dozens of different posters with these issues

So put the shoe on your foot and prove him wrong

No Excuses prove it
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    Many here in the forums claim we who post here are a tiny minority yet I have saw in these forums many dozens of different posters with these issues
    I would imagine connection issues are the single leading motivator for first time posters.

I suspect these issues are highly concentrated during peak hours. It would be nice if posters could include some data on when they're playing. I certainly notice little or no lag during the extremely off-peak hours I tend to play, outside of what seems to be a degenerative condition in space STFs.

Which raises an interesting point; I can experience zero lag in-game but outside of STFs, during simultaneous US and EU off-peak hours, and yet space STFs can run as a slide show.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I would imagine connection issues are the single leading motivator for first time posters.

I suspect these issues are highly concentrated during peak hours. It would be nice if posters could include some data on when they're playing. I certainly notice little or no lag during the extremely off-peak hours I tend to play, outside of what seems to be a degenerative condition in space STFs.

Which raises an interesting point; I can experience zero lag in-game but outside of STFs, during simultaneous US and EU off-peak hours, and yet space STFs can run as a slide show.

space STFs slide show at times

Ground stfs normal

ESD sometimes lag ..sometimes there isnt

• Options
    edited April 2015
    ESD sometimes lag ..sometimes there isnt
    I haven't seen serious lag in ESD since the initial rush wore off when the 5-year event began.

But rubberband space STF, during one of the lowest traffic hours of the day...I'm deeply suspicious that that's on my end, or Cogent's, or anywhere else but Cryptic's code.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I haven't seen serious lag in ESD since the initial rush wore off when the 5-year event began.

But rubberband space STF, during one of the lowest traffic hours of the day...I'm deeply suspicious that that's on my end, or Cogent's, or anywhere else but Cryptic's code.

Personally I think it isn't lag at all

I believe its the ship traits acting up again......That's why we don't see it on the ground

And this started at last Tuesdays patch

• Options
    edited April 2015
    It only reemerged as a major issue.

It's been present the entire time. Several pages back there's a good explanation as to why the rubberbanding is endemic to the game. It's a valid, if undesirable, response from the server. Probably not the most elegant way, from a player perspective, to handle whatever issue it is intended to address.

That also raises another issue; in some areas, it seems tied to traffic, such as rubberbanding in social zones. In other areas, such as STFs, it must be related to some other issue. And yes, even ground STFs can experience it, they just aren't currently and don't seem to as often.
  • Options
    hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Im stateside on a verizon fibre optic connection at 75mbs and STO lags(whatever you may decide to call it) the a$$ out of itself of late.
    The issues: 1. multiple clicks on a single power on tray. 2. rubber banding. 3. 3-6 seconds pauses in game/stf
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cryptic STO right now is barely playable and at times completley UNPLAYABLE due to the lag thats been happening idk whats going on but the lag is pretty bad.

I was going to spend 50 USD to get a bortasque pack for my new klingong delta recruit but as it is right now? no chance i wont drop one red cent on a game thats at times unplayable.

So idk whats going on but you guys need to look into this issue before it gets worse then what it is and starts making people just throw up thier hands and walk away. :mad:
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cryptic STO right now is barely playable and at times completley UNPLAYABLE due to the lag thats been happening idk whats going on but the lag is pretty bad.

I was going to spend 50 USD to get a bortasque pack for my new klingong delta recruit but as it is right now? no chance i wont drop one red cent on a game thats at times unplayable.

So idk whats going on but you guys need to look into this issue before it gets worse then what it is and starts making people just throw up thier hands and walk away. :mad:

there could be any number of reasons for the issue and you seem to think cryptic are directly behind it? have you ran tracert and other fuctions that can determine where the issue is? because if you can, post it in the correct place (which is not here), and see if it gets any help.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    litchy74litchy74 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Almighty OT but why do forum members who have stated multiple times that there connections great repost saying the same thing over and over again. Great you have no lag or any of the issues so why knock those that do. Move on and annoy someone else.
    Where ever you go, there you are.......

Join The Space Invaders,..... Federation and KDF fleets.
  • Options
    patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i just "finished" ISA. it was absolutely unplayable because of the constant lags and rubberbanding.
    the latest "patch" notes are a bad joke.
    i'm speechless how they treat their customers
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My delta recruit is supposed to be a space toon but for some reason I subconsciously ended up outfitting it with as many ground traits as well as commando spec points as I could.

This must be it, the game lags less on ground and ISA seems currently the worst place to be in game.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've seen a few thread of people complaining about lag and such the last few days, but I have to say I've experienced none of it.:confused:

The game has been running like a dream for me, as smooth as it ever has.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah I just did an ISA and it was pretty bad - no problems any other place for me.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    patientnr0patientnr0 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    that traceroute/ping nonsense again. it is clearly not connection issue! MANY players proved this already. it happens on certain missions and getting even worse if a command cruiser is on the same map.

this IS the correct place to post that. the other correct places are on gaming blogs, facebook or gaming magazines. maybe then somebody starts to care
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not to flame or troll,this is a serious question:

What warrants a new post when we already have two of them about the same subject in the first two pages of this section?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1430051

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1430651

Really interested in knowing since it seems that no new information has been disclosed by you nor you really add anything new to the conversation apart from a veiled threat that you wont be spending any more money...

what warrants not having one?

This is a forum, where here it comes .....and its a shocker.........

where people talk about anything related to the game.

I do hope your not in the position of "just because one person posts about a subject that means another can't", because frankly you make one post about a issue and it can be lost in the forum litter even if you make multiple posts it still has a massive likelihood of getting lost.

its the age old proverb of "if you scream loudly enough god will hear you" lol.

and most of the time it works unfortunately for everyone here cryptic is pretty anti-social when it comes to the servers lol

EDIT: P.s sorry I haven't slept yet, hence the sarcy tone of my comment.
  • Options
    xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    there could be any number of reasons for the issue and you seem to think cryptic are directly behind it? have you ran tracert and other fuctions that can determine where the issue is? because if you can, post it in the correct place (which is not here), and see if it gets any help.

While thats a good suggestion, the number of people having problems across the board including myself kind of speaks for itself.

let alone the fact that most of those people started experiencing the problems on the exact same day.

Like a forumer said earlier, with neverwinters patch and the pre patching going on and the fact that STO shares bandwidth with other games... its very likely that the server is under a lot of stress and they aren't doing anything about it.
  • Options
    flesson616flesson616 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2015

What warrants a new post when we already have two of them about the same subject in the first two pages of this section?

Really interested in knowing since it seems that no new information has been disclosed by you nor you really add anything new to the conversation apart from a veiled threat that you wont be spending any more money...
    You said the same thing about one of my posts, i had to goto page 7 to find it, really, does it hurt you that a new post was created?
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GD is NOT the place for small brained morons to post bug/technical issues... There is a section specifically for reports...
  • Options
    sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited April 2015

Personally I think it isn't lag at all

I believe its the ship traits acting up again......That's why we don't see it on the ground

I have to agree that the new star ship traits are some of the key suspects, along with the trees. This coming from multiple test runs with the the traits on and off with different groups of people as well as a few test with the same group doing it a few times.

However, I have to disagree on when it started. It started for a group of us at the start of the anniversary event and never stopped. Ask anyone on the DPS channels, the admins reset it around that time when the Plasma console nerf went in. But after a few runs the lag was noticed and the time to re-qualify has yet, even as of now, been put in to have people re-qualify for the respective channels 30k and up.

A lot of people are saying they don't have lag. Shall we compare complete notes? This means running the exact same setup on ships as those who DO have lag. You want to see lag, you have to measure apples to apples. When you compare computer and internet connections you ARE ONLY comparing one piece of the large puzzle. I know people from different parts of the world seeing lag like I am. Some, a lot, are leaving the game over it until fixed.

So for anyone wanting to compare what might be the issue I invite you to join me (@saross0219) and see what myself and others see every day. If you don't have all the same traits, spec trees we can work on that and you'll see the lag slowly growing, to a point where the game is unbearable because what takes 2-3 minutes now takes nearly 4 times that due to the lag seen. This lag for us has gone on from 5:30PM EST to as late as 1-2AM EST. Well after the typical american work hours end.

Edit: I should point out that the times is what I see WHEN I play. On the weekends, it's any time of the day. This last weekend for example, I logged off and stopped playing and went to play other games. Even one from Cryptic with far less seen.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    why buy the bortasqu pack.... get the tac command cruiser...
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Here is one for you:

Sometimes the game lags for me sometimes it doesn’t. Sometimes I’m interested on topic around here, sometimes I’m not. Sometimes I reply and sometimes I don’t.

When you are so disturbed by these posts while having no issues yourself on topic why do you keep replying and noticing at all?
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    minababeminababe Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    what warrants not having one?

This is a forum, where here it comes .....and its a shocker.........

where people talk about anything related to the game.

Yes, and you know what? There's also something known as forum etiquette. If there are already threads on a topic, you post to those topics. You don't FLOOD the forum by creating yet another thread on the same one.

Also, just know that starting a new thread on a topic that's already being discussed already rubs people the wrong way. It tells people that you're too precious to add your thoughts to a pre-existing discussion; you have to have a thread all your own. It's akin to that classic comedy scenario where the one member of a choir starts to sing louder than everyone else and proceeds to showboat.

Of course, this isn't to say that you should stop this practice of creating duplicate threads. It's a free country. If you want, you can make all the duplicate threads you want. Just don't expect other posters to respect you for it or not be annoyed by it.
    My Foundry Mission--Name: Falling Star | Mission ID: HQIH36HAW | Faction: FED
  • Options
    cabezadetortugacabezadetortuga Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would put it much more diplomatically than the OP, but I do have to say, the lag has been terrible for the last few days. I hope it gets resolved soon.
  • Options
    nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Some people are having lag. Some people are not.

This isn't the forum for discussing it, because discussing it here won't help them fix it - assuming it's something they have any power over at all, which I doubt because of how many people (including me! And my connection isn't very good) aren't having trouble.

But if it is something Cryptic has power over? Go to the bug reporting forum. Put all the information you can possibly gather about your connection and its trouble (location, ISP, traceroute, all that stuff) in a thread for such things. You have data Cryptic can't possibly gather because they aren't at your house (I hope!), and I doubt this issue's going to be fixed without a pile of that sort of information.

So, again... if you want this to actually be fixed, instead of just to give yourself an excuse to complain on the Internet, go to the bug reporting forum and talk about it there while giving the information that might be relevant to fixing it.
  • Options
    thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Try pathping patchserver.crypticstudios.com when this is happening.

Some people having issues while others are just fine are strong indicators of a problem along a route, not a server problem. Or it could be a hardware configuration problem.

If *everyone*, not just some people complaining on the forums, was having problems, then it'd likely be a server problem.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.