test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Delta Recruiting Positives (let's make Tacofangs smile)

Comments

• Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    And how many account unlocks do you have? I know that I personally have DOZENS of account unlocks that a new character can use.

I don't need the freebie ships since I have so many z-store ships.

So what sort of gear do you see as "essential" that isn't an account unlock? Lockbox ships? Well there will always be more of those. :P I heard a reasonably reliable rumor that there will soon be new Xindi ships. :P

Dozens

Same but I closed the wallet when the Delta pack came out

Rep gear upgraded to Epic
    Fleet gear upgraded to Epic
    mission rewards upgraded to Epic
    Things like Federation plasmonic leachs
    space and ground duty officers some costing up to 50 million
    Fleet perks bought for my characters costing hundreds of thousands of fleet credits
    event rewards some upgraded to epic like the shotgun
    red matter capacitor

Traits lots of traits
    spec points lots of spec points some schools totally mastered like intel
    Elite Armor costume sets that cannot be replaced

I have items like this spread over 14 toons some have most of it all have 1 lock box ship some have many

see what I mean , its not a cstore ship its a whole lot more that that
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    No worries.

Achievement Unlocked: Forum Civility ;)
    Yessss... yesssss.....
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    T5 or T5-U, both at still just fine at end game - T5-U obviously being the preferred. I have the T5 freebie Ambassador that I can run just fine with.
    I have ~20 Fleet T5 ships (bound to char) that I never fly anmore. Sure they work for one-offs and normal difficulty events but they are not useful for farming reputation marks that are needed to develop characters nor are they useful for PVP or most of the true end-game activities. I'm not spending 20*500=10,000 zen on shakedown payments when the same ships worked for the same content when I bought them. I walked away from them instead, never use them.
    And if we do need to buy an upgrade token, or somehow upgrade our toons (which, for the record, does not appear to be the case), at the risk of getting flamed something fierce... is that a problem? The game is 5 years old. Things change, new systems are introduced, nww options made available, etc. I do not expect Triana, in her current state, to be top-dog from now onwards unless I continue to work on her. That's the nature of MMOs - constant progression.
    Is it a problem if people walk away from their toons? Player activity took a hit with DR, maybe this will bring it back? LOL.

Its also not really relevant since I'm not predicting it. My point here is that people have fair reason to worry about what will happen when a new "better" toon is introduced. Taco is a nice guy and all but he doesn't set policy and whatever frustration he feels should probably be directed towards the studio management that has managed to make the playerbase so jaded and untrusting. People have reason to look at anything Cryptic does and assume the absolute worst, that its moneygrab first and gameplay somewhere down the list. That's the point.
  • Options
    jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    ironcaniac wrote: »
    I said I wanted to know where the school is, not that I wanted to take classes. :P

You at the school its the internet, you just have to be smart enough to read history and absorb it

Some of us have lived thru it
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ummax wrote: »
    t5 and t5u are both servicable if you dont want to worry about making it your main then fine stick to normal STF's but t5u work fine in advanced, but STF's is not the entire game and people do need to stop fixating on them.

that being said if your low on cash the summer event will be along soon giving your new delta recruit an opportunity to get a t6 ship. Or work with the t6 ships you have already purchased as they are unlocked accountwide are they not? LOL

I truly dont understand what the big deal is if you dont want to participate then dont bother just do your usual thing and ignore the event. :confused:

I got a T-6 for the fed side and it was only good until i got the trait unlocked i will be getting one of the t-6s for my romulan since he is my main toon.

but unlike the fed side it will keep it as my flagship.

though knowing me i will remain on the bridge of my fleet T5U D'Deridex :D
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Stuff
    I gotta ask, where's that avatar from?

I've only ever seen it in one other place, being used by a regular forum goer in another game (Civ4).

Partially wondering if you're that same person.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have ~20 Fleet T5 ships (bound to char) that I never fly anmore. Sure they work for one-offs and normal difficulty events but they are not useful for farming reputation marks that are needed to develop characters nor are they useful for PVP or most of the true end-game activities.

That's your choice to drop those ships, and that's fair. All I'm saying is that it was never a forced reality that T5 / T5-U is suddenly underperforming in the new end-game - that's a fallacy that needs to be corrected. You should have no trouble taking those ships into Adv or Elite and be just fine.
    Taco is a nice guy and all but he doesn't set policy and whatever frustration he feels should probably be directed towards the studio management that has managed to make the playerbase so jaded and untrusting (emphasis mine). People have reason to look at anything Cryptic does and assume the absolute worst, that its moneygrab first and gameplay somewhere down the list. That's the point.

I'd correct that to 'some,' or even 'many,' players. The playerbase in general is not jaded, nor is the playerbase in general wearing rose-tinted glasses. There are players that do fall into groups of thought, which is fine. But there are enough players like myself who have a generally positive feeling about the game and its direction to make your generalization of the playerbase an issue.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have ~20 Fleet T5 ships (bound to char) that I never fly anmore. Sure they work for one-offs and normal difficulty events but they are not useful for farming reputation marks that are needed to develop characters nor are they useful for PVP or most of the true end-game activities. I'm not spending 20*500=10,000 zen on shakedown payments when the same ships worked for the same content when I bought them. I walked away from them instead, never use them.

It's your opinion if you feel that way, and you're perfectly entitled to it.

Just keep in mind that other people are finding a way to keep their tier 5 & Tier 5-U (fleet and non-fleet) ships viable. They put in the effort to keep them that way.
    Is it a problem if people walk away from their toons? Player activity took a hit with DR, maybe this will bring it back? LOL.

Its also not really relevant since I'm not predicting it. My point here is that people have fair reason to worry about what will happen when a new "better" toon is introduced. Taco is a nice guy and all but he doesn't set policy and whatever frustration he feels should probably be directed towards the studio management that has managed to make the playerbase so jaded and untrusting. People have reason to look at anything Cryptic does and assume the absolute worst, that its moneygrab first and gameplay somewhere down the list. That's the point.

I fail to see how the new event is gonna cause people to walk away from their toons.

I am probably one of the few people that change off on playing with their level 50+ toons on a regular basis since the release of Delta Rising. I take great pride in each of them, since I have played how I wanted and I have no regrets. I will gladly take the free character slot and create yet another character I will cherish even after this event is over.

If you don't wish to take part, the only thing you'll miss out on is a chance at account wide rewards.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Let me get this straight... people TRIBBLE, whine, moan and complain about the game not being alt-friendly anymore, and the devs whip up an all-new event that is all about the alts.

And people STILL complain!

I think this forum would be a more pleasant place if some mods start airlocking people who are known flamers who never have anything positive to say and admit they don't even play the game.
    The event does nothing to make the game more alt-friendly.

It only incentivizes you to roll one, in hope that you'll then grind it through all those hoops people are complaining about when they say the game isn't alt-friendly.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Yessss... yesssss.....

It's 'cause we're both Romulans. Our passion is great, but our honour to each other is greater.

Jolan tru, suckaz! *drops the mic* :cool:
  • Options
    ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I gotta ask, where's that avatar from?

I've only ever seen it in one other place, being used by a regular forum goer in another game (Civ4).

Partially wondering if you're that same person.
    nope, have no connection to any civ titles
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm not about DOOM with the DR recruitment thing. I'm quite afraid it will just be the same old missions with a new handler, and a few more dialogues. Basically, what the Klingons enjoy currently over the Fed when playing content after Nimbus.
    I don't mind being wrong and surprised.
    And obviously, I hope they will not be superior to our regular characters. We spent sometimes years in playing them, and having them to be useless... yeah, you can understand the fear.

Finally, with the alt unfriendliness the game have more and more, an event that promote making more alts is kinda weird.
    That's your choice to drop those ships, and that's fair. All I'm saying is that it was never a forced reality that T5 / T5-U is suddenly underperforming in the new end-game - that's a fallacy that needs to be corrected. You should have no trouble taking those ships into Adv or Elite and be just fine.
    And T4, even down to T1 still works in adv and elite content, as proved several time. Your point ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cody0893cody0893 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey taco

I been one of the loudest out spoken critic over this issue. Fix my alts and i will support ne toon exspanion. What made me so mad was fact delta riseing killled alts. If we can meet in the middle over alts i say have at it but not waste peeps time honestly.
    On another note i want to say i have notice at least taco cares and that alone deserve's respec
    there i gave a complament i feel icky.....

But back to the point please, give a lil on alts alil. i understand dilithium issue's but a lil on spec point or something to bring alts back in to the fun zone please and if ne reasonable fix to the toon issue we have atm will please me enough to say frack let me do a delta toon.

And btw taco serious respec you work hard cuz.....I am prior military i beleave your hardest critic is your best friend. It push's you out side the box.......And its not allways a bad thing. So dont take it so hard... you careing means my investment in cryptic is worth it
    They killed your Alt's now they want your main
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    erei1 wrote: »
    And T4, even down to T1 still works in adv and elite content, as proved several time. Your point ?

My point is that several players had been saying that they made T5 obsolete and useless, and were using that as a basis for claiming that Cryptic will do the 'same' with Delta Recruits versus old toons.

So the handling of T5 ships should be the basis for a positive feeling about how existing toons will be treated.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Btw i have a wells that will eat ne tier 6 build there is.........with a sci toon. This is where i got mad at the player's not dev's .........At first dealling with ss3 was a massive issue in my tier 5 but with a lil tweak to my builds and upgraded elite newts and bam i was back in the sci vape mode with no ship traits......... Please guys i didnt even have to spend ne money to fix my issue and i am a pvper you guys know how much i like to spend........ but ne ways some need to quit crying over tier 5 builds honestly i have a level 55 kllink toon that i will pvp with from time to time so tier 5 upgrade is perfect ne mopre bonous' to the tier 5 upgrade would make them better then the tier 6. So honestly Taco was right about tier 5 ships and the gear set ratio...... the game is spot on other then bugs and alt issue's in my opion. But allot of peeps will cry over spec points i know right but if they fix alts and gave either on skill oir spec or a lil of both i think it would improve our alts and enhance the fun of delta recruit ty for your guys time.

note no one here is crying ijust saying in general
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    When you have a mass group of people. Its usually hard to make everyone happy. That is just part of the job. When you have to deal with them.

The D. Recruiting I'm not too sure about yet.

1 - Event length. I don't play often so this is a factor. Unless it goes on for a few months. I won't even hit the end level. So this already has me wondering if I need to put time in it. I'm not saying its a bad event. But I'm trying to see if its worth me spending my time on this, where I still hadn't saw all the new content from the DR launch. So its a coin toss up.

2 - New slot. This is good. I could use it. However I play each main faction as my main ones. And have 3 more for when they done. Or to change it up at times. I have an idea of an Andorian Tac to use on my Kumari ship I bought last year. So this could get me to try it. And what I will use if I do try the event.

3 - Rewards. They really hadn't posted up what all you get. So I'm not sure if its worth to do one just for rewards. And this goes back to "1". Will I have time to get the big reward if you reach the Lv 50 mark. This is a toss up. And I will have to be ready to accept my reward will be small and limited. So I would love to see what they are. To give me an idea what to shoot for. With what time I have to play.

This is my main issue with the event. I'm mixed feelings over this. Not saying its rubbish or a good event. I really hope this will bring in new players or get ones to return back to the game. This is where the event is really trying for.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am positive... a lot of people don't like it... but they will still play it....

In the Army we say "if you ain't complaining then you ain't training."

The players do have complaints, but some may be over the top complaining that shows we love the game and just want the most out of it. If STO takes the complaints with a grain of truth and some emotionalism then the real issues can be seen through all the tears. :P
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited March 2015
    erei1 wrote: »

Now Ill confess to having thrown a t4 into combat with vaadwaur and kazon w/o issue, but a t1?? I salute you sir, dont think I could pull that off.

edit:
    and while people are still screaming about their old ships being invalidated Im scoring 1st to 3rd place on CC event regularly with a Tumorship(marauder flight deck cruiser) and its outfitted with green mk X weapons and consoles.... new flash guys.... the ships arent obsolete.. some of you just suck at playin and don't want to admit to that.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My point here is that people have fair reason to worry about what will happen when a new "better" toon is introduced. Taco is a nice guy and all but he doesn't set policy and whatever frustration he feels should probably be directed towards the studio management that has managed to make the playerbase so jaded and untrusting. People have reason to look at anything Cryptic does and assume the absolute worst, that its moneygrab first and gameplay somewhere down the list. That's the point.

The new toon isn't truly gonna be better, right? Like built-in 40% CrtH or some such!? Cuz, like I said, then I'm walking. Not out of anger, or while stomping my feet, but simply because I cannot afford, financially, to pour another several thousand bucks into upgrading yet another toon to where my main is now. So, I hope that's not the case.

Alt-friendly is good; but shouldn't be so good as to become main-unfriendly. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    cody0893 wrote: »
    And btw taco serious respec you work hard cuz....

Why, you can respec him all you want, but it'll cost you 500 Zen. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Something positive about delta recruit a chance to bring alts back in a big way.......If done correctly and it would make money and could draw new players but we have to find away to bring alts back into the fold with out flooding the dilithium market. This could be the funnest thing ever for sto. But before we introduce a new toon lets make the game a lil more alt friendly I mean a lil not allot
  • Options
    megacharge07megacharge07 Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    My only complaint would be my Delta Recruit won't be able to fly a Kobali cruiser firing out Crystalline Energy Torpedoes...:( (If there were a way to get those limited time rewards on new characters, I'd be quite excited about making a Delta Recruit:D)

This is a big issue for me. I want the Kobali console on my new Delta Recruit and I dont want to have to spend 600 lobi (they may even try to gouge 700 lobi cuz derp T6) if they even add it to the lobi store at all.
    I worked my butt off to get the ship on all my characters and would have gotten it on this one too, but I have been prevented from doing so due to the timing. The kobali cruiser should be unlocked for the delta recruit at NO charge or grind, at the proper rank for those of us who have already put in the grind for it. And the Crystalline torpedo should also be unlocked likewise for the delta recruit.
    tumblr_mt0cmzAQpC1rm3hhlo2_500.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    This is a big issue for me. I want the Kobali console on my new Delta Recruit and I dont want to have to spend 600 lobi (they may even try to gouge 700 lobi cuz derp T6) if they even add it to the lobi store at all.
    I worked my butt off to get the ship on all my characters and would have gotten it on this one too, but I have been prevented from doing so due to the timing. The kobali cruiser should be unlocked for the delta recruit at NO charge or grind, at the proper rank for those of us who have already put in the grind for it. And the Crystalline torpedo should also be unlocked likewise for the delta recruit.

They should make ALL existing gear/ships account-shareable with your new toon; but *only* with your new Delta Recruit!

I know, I know, they're never gonna do that, thinking they'll lose tons of money. But, realistically, there are many ppl like me, who really can't afford any more to fully deck out a new alt (so they won't be spending the money anyway); and it would generate an incredible amount of goodwill, the likes of which they've never seen.

But Latinum can rarely see past Latinum.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    They should make ALL existing gear/ships account-shareable with your new toon; but *only* with your new Delta Recruit!

I know, I know, they're never gonna do that, thinking they'll lose tons of money. But, realistically, there are many ppl like me, who really can't afford any more to fully deck out a new alt (so they won't be spending the money anyway); and it would generate an incredible amount of goodwill, the likes of which they've never seen.

But Latinum can rarely see past Latinum.

At least with a lot of the rewards these days, they're often reduced requirements for alts - such as the ships. Also, Winter and Summer event you can back-slot an old project, such as with all 3 Breen ships that were available this year.

So there's some good hope that a few of these special items will make their way into your alts' hands, just as before.
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Taco is a nice guy and all but he doesn't set policy and whatever frustration he feels should probably be directed towards the studio management that has managed to make the playerbase so jaded and untrusting. People have reason to look at anything Cryptic does and assume the absolute worst, that its moneygrab first and gameplay somewhere down the list. That's the point.

What a bunch of BS, the same jaded, untrusting, whiny people now are mostly the same jaded, untrusting, whiny people since beta, I guess they used their temporal looking glasses to see in the future? Also, Moneygrab is a gamer word for "I want something for free that isn't", which is 90% of the whiners problem with DR, it has a bunch of new things that aren't essential to play, and a bunch of greedy impatient people can't stand that they can't get it all RIGHT NOW.

The real problem with this, and most, game forums, is they don't hold the users to a standard that would be expected in the rest of the civilized world. No one would be able to go into any other business and act like they do on forums and not get tossed out, or even arrested. The average gamer is in their mid thirties, college educated, and more affluent then average, but looking at a game forum you'd think the average was thirteen, school dropout, living of the money they steal from mom's wallet.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    Also, Moneygrab is a gamer word for "I want something for free that isn't", which is 90% of the whiners problem with DR, it has a bunch of new things that aren't essential to play, and a bunch of greedy impatient people can't stand that they can't get it all RIGHT NOW.

Wrong! I *already* possessed everything at endgame level; then it all became subpar overnight. All of it. So, if anything, I'm upset because I can't get it all BACK right now. Not at all the same thing.

Btw, white knights like you are too funny.:) Like watching a bakery suddenly increase their prices tenfold, and then calling their customers "a bunch of greedy impatient people can't stand that they can't get it all RIGHT NOW." Hi-frakkin'-larious.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reximuz wrote: »
    What a bunch of BS, the same jaded, untrusting, whiny people now are mostly the same jaded, untrusting, whiny people since beta, I guess they used their temporal looking glasses to see in the future? Also, Moneygrab is a gamer word for "I want something for free that isn't", which is 90% of the whiners problem with DR, it has a bunch of new things that aren't essential to play, and a bunch of greedy impatient people can't stand that they can't get it all RIGHT NOW.

The real problem with this, and most, game forums, is they don't hold the users to a standard that would be expected in the rest of the civilized world. No one would be able to go into any other business and act like they do on forums and not get tossed out, or even arrested. The average gamer is in their mid thirties, college educated, and more affluent then average, but looking at a game forum you'd think the average was thirteen, school dropout, living of the money they steal from mom's wallet.

So you resort to broad generalizations to refer to people providing what you perceive as negative feedback? Have you ever heard of something called the better business bureau or amazon.com? They're full of negative reviews of companies and products and thanks to them, people are more careful about what products they buy and what businesses they deal with. There's also a place called http://www.resellerratings.com/ that helps you figure out which websites are scams and which ones are legitimate, but I guess that wouldn't exist if people didn't whine and complain about website scams. I think you must live in some utopia where businesses are customer friendly and don't try to scam their customers because that isn't the world we live in. Nice try though.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
This discussion has been closed.