test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Delta Recruiting Positives (let's make Tacofangs smile)

Comments

• jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    its pretty evident to me that nearly all of the snide comments and ad hominems are coming from the Delta Defenders.

Delta Defenders, is that our new name? Does this mean I have to stop being a White Knight, or Cryptic Fanboy?

As for snide comments in this thread, I haven't gone through to keep track but I wouldn't be surprised. But do try to understand, the purpose of this thread is to discuss the positives of Delta Recruitment, so when one of the, lets go with "Delta Detractors" shows up to say the exact same thing they've said in every other Delta Recruitment Drive thread with the exact same lack of information... maybe they've earned a snide comment? Maybe a snide comment will teach them that, like Elite STF content, not every thread is for them?
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    jermbot wrote: »
    Delta Defenders, is that our new name? Does this mean I have to stop being a White Knight, or Cryptic Fanboy?

As for snide comments in this thread, I haven't gone through to keep track but I wouldn't be surprised. But do try to understand, the purpose of this thread is to discuss the positives of Delta Recruitment, so when one of the, lets go with "Delta Detractors" shows up to say the exact same thing they've said in every other Delta Recruitment Drive thread with the exact same lack of information... maybe they've earned a snide comment? Maybe a snide comment will teach them that, like Elite STF content, not every thread is for them?

That's excatly the problem with most of the Snide Comments in this Thread ... stupid rants out of nowhere, about how "many evil whiners" are in here, without even reading the Thread (except the Headline) ... because there aren't that many ...

It's funny when people complain about the toxicity of "Complainers" ... when they don't even exist ... and the only "toxicity" is their own ...

PS : Just read Taco's first response ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
    edited March 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Play Foundry content. Roleplay with others. Run old missions from time to time.

Ground STF's.

Try out different ships.

Make webvideos about their adventures, set to light 80's synth-rock.

Play dress-up with their characters, make-up their captain and away team to look like the Backstreet Boys, just as an example.

Max-out their reputations in adventure zones.

Visit upon random bankers and exchange goers disco balls.

Play the Nagus on the exchange.
  • millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    chipg7 wrote: »
    How is creating new and better ways to level toons - for new players, returning players, or existing players wanting to make alts - a bad business decision? That sounds plenty good to me.
    Is that even what this is?

In terms of content, it sounds like a few extra or modified cutscenes.

Otherwise, it's the same as leveling any other character, but with a super-special title.

Is there something I'm missing?
    I suspect "Delta Defenders" is a euphemism for DPSers.

So no, you don't get to add a new honorific to the list.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    Lets take a Federation player then, who only uses Phaser Beams and Photon/Quantum Torpedoes; using your argument, once they've acquired all those items, what are they then to do? Could it be that they aim to better those items, making them more viable endgame? Sounds like a certain amount of grind will be involved to achieve that.
    Good for you.
    You were the one to make the claim, thus it's your job to back it up. I obviously wouldn't know where to start (else I'd know by now) so yeah, I refer you back to my previous request. What's that saying... show up or shut up?

chipg7 gave the answer I would have given, and you already twisted it into your 'Elite STF Or GTFO' stance. It doesn't even cross your mind that someone may just be happy to run missions, blow up the odd Klingon/Fed, and gradually improve the build they have to their own tastes. Throw in your dismissiveness of royalsoverign's counter-point and that's pretty much all I need to know.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Otherwise, it's the same as leveling any other character, but with a super-special title.

I suspect "Delta Defenders" is a euphemism for DPSers.

Since we do not know what the perks are for delta recruits, no judgement can be made.

But in any case, the xp boost alone is a good perk for new players.
  • teknesiateknesia Member Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Then don't do it. Personally, I'm stoked. I love the rommie story and its like I'll be given a bonus just for doing it again. I've been gathering resources since I heard the announcement.
    edbf9204-c725-4dab-a35a-46626a4cb978.jpg
    edited March 2015
    It doesn't even cross your mind that someone may just be happy to run missions, blow up the odd Klingon/Fed, and gradually improve the build they have to their own tastes.
    You do that in normals.

At least, that's what I do. I've come to realize that in terms of the forum going population, I'm vocally more considerate of others than the majority of posters here.
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And what does that consist of?

I play the game. I have six captains that I play...my main I try to maximize.
    My other characters I play just to play the game. At this point since I don't STF...It mostly involves doffing and CE. My Rom character is getting most of my focus as he's only lvl 54 and playing through DR. All the others are at lvl 60 at various levels of specializing.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    You do that in normals.

At least, that's what I do. I've come to realize that in terms of the forum going population, I'm vocally more considerate of others than the majority of posters here.

Exactly! There's nothing wrong with running elites at 75k just as there's nothing wrong with running normals. Everyone plays their own way, it should be all good.
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • jellico1jellico1 Member Posts: 2,719
    edited March 2015
    How is creating new and better ways to level toons - for new players, returning players, or existing players wanting to make alts - a bad business decision? That sounds plenty good to me.
    Alts are great you need 5 to play STO efficiently with 1 main

Originally Posted by jellico1 View Post
    maybe a tiny minority of players think leveling new characters up then deleting them and doing it again is fun !

but not most players...yes im speaking most players because I am in touch with most players leveling up new toons is a grind its not exciting playing the same content over and over that's why the term Grind exists

-chipg7
    That's quite the assumption you're making. I have no idea what the ratio of hate/love for leveling is, but there are plenty of players in this thread and elsewhere who have expressed a lot of excitement over Delta Recruitment and leveling a new toon. Might not be the majority, might not be the minority, who knows - you and I certainly don't know, that's for sure.

No it isn't a assumption its a fact.Once you achieve some experience in creating and managing a Fleet spend years in contact with thousands of players like myself and some others here have you can make statements like I have

I do know because I have that ingame experience

New players like you may be excited, the story missions are still new to you, Veterans with 3, 5 ,10 characters under there belt which in our fleet happens pretty quick once we explain the advantages of alts to them...Are really burned out on making new characters
    Jellico....Engineer ground.....Da'val Romulan space Sci
    Saphire.. Science ground......Ko'el Romulan space Tac
    Leva........Tactical ground.....Koj Romulan space Eng

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
    edited March 2015
    Exactly! There's nothing wrong with running elites at 75k just as there's nothing wrong with running normals. Everyone plays their own way, it should be all good.
    Yeah, but there's something wrong with running advanced at 1-3k, and running normals at 50k+.
    jellico1 wrote: »
    stuff
    What would it take to convince you to start using proper tags on quotes?

Any other issues aside, it makes it difficult to read through your post. You seem to have three quotes in there, including one from yourself. I'm not even positive where the quotes end and your comments begin.
    edited March 2015

If you run a normal at 75k DPS your trolling the new players in that STF and most likely they will get a afk penality because you will blow everything up before they can get a shot off

So yea that's wrong and its not good

• flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    Play Foundry content. Roleplay with others. Run old missions from time to time.
    All of which requires reasonable content (weapons, consoles, engines) in order to complete.
    chipg7 gave the answer I would have given, and you already twisted it into your 'Elite STF Or GTFO' stance. It doesn't even cross your mind that someone may just be happy to run missions, blow up the odd Klingon/Fed, and gradually improve the build they have to their own tastes. Throw in your dismissiveness of royalsoverign's counter-point and that's pretty much all I need to know.
    I guess you've nothing else to add then? Music to my ears.
    khan5000 wrote: »
    My other characters I play just to play the game. At this point since I don't STF...It mostly involves doffing and CE. My Rom character is getting most of my focus as he's only lvl 54 and playing through DR. All the others are at lvl 60 at various levels of specializing.
    Doffing is repetitive and ultimately doesn't serve no purpose, it's a means to an end, a slower level progression (if you don't wish to level up with missions/other content).

You say you don't STF, but then say you CE. That's an ever-so-slight contradiction right there. STF's are PvE, and CE is PvE, so...

I have five characters, three of which I actively (yet casually) play, the other two I am drying up before eventually deleting. Why? Because I don't have time for them truthfully. One is a FED Science, the other is a ROM Science. The Republic character is the 4th Republic character I have created in my time with the game, each time I create one, I seemingly end up getting annoyed with how Cryptic have left the mess (that is the Republic) that I subsequently delete.

I haven't truly enough time to focus on three characters, though I'll stick with them. The game for me isn't about blitzing through PvE after PvE; if anything I get most enjoyment when doing things with my fleet, heck all of my ships are using XII gear (purple) with the odd exception. I have no interest in maxing everything out, but I likewise have no interest in doing what I have thus far accomplished all over again.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm excited. Very excited. This is an event designed for me.
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, but there's something wrong with running advanced at 1-3k, and running normals at 50k+.

What would it take to convince you to start using proper tags on quotes?

Any other issues aside, it makes it difficult to read through your post. You seem to have three quotes in there, including one from yourself. I'm not even positive where the quotes end and your comments begin.

simply does not work for me when I hit the quote button

when double quotes are involved

edited March 2015
    That's excatly the problem with most of the Snide Comments in this Thread ... stupid rants out of nowhere, about how "many evil whiners" are in here, without even reading the Thread (except the Headline) ... because there aren't that many ...

It's funny when people complain about the toxicity of "Complainers" ... when they don't even exist ... and the only "toxicity" is their own ...

PS : Just read Taco's first response ...

First complaint was about lack of information from the marketing department. It was within the first 5 posts. Your first post on this thread, #17 echo'd that complaint with a hilarious prediction that the lack of onfirmation would cause most posters to think this event will include new story missions from 1-60, with blog posts clearly indicating the events stop at 50 either means you think most posters on this board are stupid, or that you didn't actually read the blog.

Given that your response to me is about complaints not being there and me not reading the thread, this is kind of funny.
    edited March 2015
    jellico1 wrote: »
    when double quotes are involved
    You add the tags manually.

I think that multi toggle next to the quote button is just for show.
  • sammiefightersammiefighter Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The floor's open, fellow players. While I understand there are concerns and complains, please keep those to other threads. This one is for Taco!

Midly optimistic, but I'll keep that in the closet till Taco's bosses lets out the actuall/full list of mystery perks, instead of dribble text and promises.

Untill then .. suspicion eyes from me
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Doffing is repetitive and ultimately doesn't serve no purpose, it's a means to an end, a slower level progression (if you don't wish to level up with missions/other content).

You say you don't STF, but then say you CE. That's an ever-so-slight contradiction right there. STF's are PvE, and CE is PvE, so...

I guess you are right. I'll specifiy. I do the events if I like the rewards. I have never done the winter events nor did I do the last Q event. CE rewards Dil and I am saving up for a T6 ship for my Rom...who may get shafted if rumors of the T6 Sovereign drop....not because I want an endgame ship but the Sovy is my second fav Enterprise behind the original. All of my toons are at level 60. No more missions...save for the occasional Argala run when they are close to getting that next Spec point. I don't do the non-event STFs. No real need since save for my Main everyone is geared the way I want them to be.

I proceed at my own pace and play as I want. I have a level 60 Tac in the Refit Connie zooming around the Delta Quadrant as we speak.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    edited March 2015
    First complaint was about lack of information from the marketing department. It was within the first 5 posts. Your first post on this thread, #17 echo'd that complaint with a hilarious prediction that the lack of onfirmation would cause most posters to think this event will include new story missions from 1-60

That's not a "prediction" ... just read the responses to the original Blog ... they're already in there ... btw who said anything about "most people" you're just twisting words now -> "most" =/= "there are even some people" ...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1396331

It's really hilarious that the only thing that you can see in #17 is a "complaint" ... explains a lot ...
    , with blog posts clearly indicating the events stop at 50 either means you think most posters on this board are stupid, or that you didn't actually read the blog.

Doesn't really matter if it's, 1-10, 1-50, or 1-60 there are no new Story Missions (like "SOME" people obviously believed) ... your just nitpicking now, out of hostility ... -> q.e.d.
    Given that your response to me is about complaints not being there and me not reading the thread, this is kind of funny.

We probably have different definitions of "complaints" & "whining", yours seems to be that you can't say anything remotly critical about anything (like the lack of information, even after Taco acknowleged this) ... & even if most of your comment is postive ...
    edited March 2015
    That's not a "prediction" ... just read the responses to the original Blog

Doesn't really matter if it's 1-50 or 1-60 there are no new Story Missions ...

We probably have different definitions of "complaints" & "whining", yours seems to be that you can't say any remotly critical about anything ... even if most of your comment is postive ...

Yeah, I use the word "complaint" to mean a statement that a situation is unsatisfactory or unacceptable. What you're describing is something managers call the "compliment sandwhich" where you say something positive, then complain, then say something else that's positive. But the compliment bread doesn't actually turn the complaint meat into a compliment. And normally I'm okay with complaints. Don't get me wrong, complaints are valid feed back aswell in any other thread. Sure, some complaints get to be hilariously out of proportion, but still complaints are valid most of the time.

But THIS thread is stated, explicitely, to not be for complaints. This thread is a place that was created to explicitely focus on just the positive, without rehashing all the same complaining and whining that has been dogging every other Delta Recruitment event thread that people have tried to start since the event was first introduced. In essence, the people who make complaints in this thread, even as "PS's" that follow rather hollow compliments, have missed the purpose of this thread and they deserve to have that explained to them. Even if they think the explanation is a "rant" that "comes out of nowhere" because they couldn't imagine their inability to follow simple instructions might cause someone to notice.

In short, you'd get the exact same snide comment from me if you walked past the 'quiet please, reading room' sign, and then started yelling in the library. If you want to complain about lack of information, find any of the other Delta Recruitment event threads.
    edited March 2015
    In short, you'd get the exact same snide comment from me if you walked past the 'quiet please, reading room' sign, and then started yelling in the library. If you want to complain about lack of information, find any of the other Delta Recruitment event threads.

You should tell that to Taco ... he was "complaining" about the "lack of information" (but I guess, I can't even respond to Taco, because he responded to this ""complaint"", just like I did) ... seriously every Thread that only allows "one opinion" is kind of stupid ... sorry real opinions are little bit more diverse in the real world ... everything has it's ups and downs ...

Besides ... it's only from your limited POV ... Taco already acknowledged & understands the "lack of information" & the "concerns" some people might have because of it -> so this might actually lead to something positive, and maybe more Information ... most "constructive criticism" works that way ... it's kind of obvious that you can't see it this way, though ...
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,782 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Even Captain Kirk had alts...Picard, Sisko, Janeway, Archer...Nu Kirk...they were all Kirk's alts.

Don't forget Kirok from The Paradise Syndrome. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yeah, I use the word "complaint" to mean a statement that a situation is unsatisfactory or unacceptable. What you're describing is something managers call the "compliment sandwhich" where you say something positive, then complain, then say something else that's positive. But the compliment bread doesn't actually turn the complaint meat into a compliment. And normally I'm okay with complaints. Don't get me wrong, complaints are valid feed back aswell in any other thread. Sure, some complaints get to be hilariously out of proportion, but still complaints are valid most of the time.

But THIS thread is stated, explicitely, to not be for complaints. This thread is a place that was created to explicitely focus on just the positive, without rehashing all the same complaining and whining that has been dogging every other Delta Recruitment event thread that people have tried to start since the event was first introduced. In essence, the people who make complaints in this thread, even as "PS's" that follow rather hollow compliments, have missed the purpose of this thread and they deserve to have that explained to them. Even if they think the explanation is a "rant" that "comes out of nowhere" because they couldn't imagine their inability to follow simple instructions might cause someone to notice

The OP already started out by dismissing all comments that don't fit into his positive box as whinining and attempting to restrict the feedback so that only his concept of what is acceptable is allowed so pardon me if I take offense to it. That's like hosting a political debate and claiming all are welcome to come but then mysteriously the third party candidate is refused a seat at the table because his or her views aren't quite mainstream enough. There's a term for that in politics and it's called double speak. You could also call it tyranny masked as tolerance.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
    edited March 2015
    You should tell that to Taco ... he was "complaining" about the "lack of information" (so I can't even respond to Taco ?) ... serioulsy every Thread that only allows "one opinion" is kind of stupid ... sorry real opinions are little bit more diverse in the real world ...

Besides ... it's only from your limited POV ... Taco already acknowledged & understands the "lack of information" & the "concerns" some people might have because of it -> so this might lead to something positive, and maybe more Information ... most "constructive criticism" works that way ... it's kind of obvious that you can't see it this way, though ...

And I've acknowledged the lack of information in the very first thread about this two weeks ago. I don't care that your complaint is valid. Hell, I don't even care that you ignored the rules of common decency and the simple requests of the original poster by posting a complaint. I also don't care that Taco shares our view that more information could have been provided because that doesn't make what you did okay. But if it were just there, I wouldn't have even posted a response to you. Rude people with opinions are a dime a dozen on the internet.

But you went a step further and, as I was responding to an entirely different person who was feeling unfairly maligned for doing exactly what you did, as I was failing to explain to him why complaints in a "no complaints" thread may be leading to some snide responses. Your response was to tell me that I was wrong, that my "rant" was "out of nowhere" and that if I had "read" this thread, I'd see that there were no complaints. And that the toxicity in this community was only in my heart. I proved that claim hilariously wrong within the first 5 posts of this thread. Past that, I don't particularly care for, or have an opinion, on your views regarding whatever else you're trying to talk about.
    edited March 2015
    But you went a step further and, as I was responding to an entirely different person who was feeling unfairly maligned for doing exactly what you did, as I was failing to explain to him why complaints in a "no complaints" thread may be leading to some snide responses.

Since the "snide comments" weren't made by yourself (until later) ... how could you even think it was about you ... I was just telling you to actually read those "Snide Comments" in context, which you according to yourself didn't read, while blindly supporting hostility...
    Your response was to tell me that I was wrong, that my "rant" was "out of nowhere" and that if I had "read" this thread, I'd see that there were no complaints.

No it wasn't ... it was mostly about the other 2-5 guys earlier in this Thread I already responded to ... you're obviously right about the "reading" - part, though ...

PS : Please turn down on the "B&W", "Them & Us" ... sorry for having a different & more diverse opinion ...

PPS : There is still a huge difference between - "You Suck", "Complaints", "Constructice Criticism" etc ... doesn't help if you just keep throwing everything in one basket ...
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am slightly more hopeful this will not be destructive, after seeing from the recent blog that one of my top 3 DR grievances--autofails--may well be set to be properly addressed. As I mentioned in my post as to why I was worried, that prior track record concerns me, but I did allow the possibility that a new EP could help Cryptic recover. I would like to hope this recent development is a sign in that direction.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Not directed at any specific individual, but if the shoe fits...

Why is it absolutely necessary to turn every single attempt to make a positive thread into a frigging train wreck?

Stop the arguments and incivility, all of you who are doing it. I don't care why you're doing it. I care that you're derailing this thread.

If you don't want to support Delta Recruiting, that's fine. There are other open threads where you can make your opinions known. If you don't support it and see nothing positive about it, you don't need to post here.

If you do support Delta Recruiting, that's fine. I suggest you stop replying to the people who insist on trying to turn this into another argument.

There is absolutely no reason to bicker with each other over it.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I read relatively little about Delta Recruitment, so from what I gather, it's designed to help new players catch up to veteran players by shrinking the gap.

I support this. We really need new blood in this game.

My only issue is that these new players will likely leave the game after hitting level 50 and seeing for themselves what a grind it is at that point, in terms of leveling, gear, and upgrading. It's a good move, but Cryptic has a long, LONG way to go towards restoring player confidence in the game's future.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
This discussion has been closed.