What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I don't know if it has been noted already, but KHG boots are acting very oddly on female orions when walking (presumably all female characters too, but not tested). At first I thought it was the walk anims screwed up, but it seems to be isolated to standard khg boots. Basically, it's like the boots are misaligned on the legs now, rotated 45 degrees inwards when walking. It looks a bit goofy!

I can confirm this for my aliengen KDF female, I just beamed down to Rura Penthe for the manhunt mission which puts a variation of the KHG stuff on your character and the boots are definitely out of alignment with the legs.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Just another thing on the KHG stuff, I've lost the "hos" options on one of my kdf toons. I had previously unlocked all the khg options on the toon in question. Zeeda@captainoblivous
    I need a beer.

• Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just saw players with the Wells uniform. That one really need some changes. THe Badge is floating in the Air and is too big and also its thin as paper compared to the other Badges like the TWOL or TNG badge

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://priorityonepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/TIS_005_04.12.13.jpg&imgrefurl=http://priorityonepodcast.com/trekkin-in-style-to-lobi-or-not-to-lobi-part-2/&h=833&w=711&tbnid=S4qsiQ-D0Zc4FM:&zoom=1&docid=csTqooZ-1yfIPM&ei=GhgKVZa-E4byPI--gOAI&tbm=isch&ved=0CB0QMygBMAE

Old pic but better than any screenshot i could have taken

Oh and since when are all other badges als floating? Its on all my Uniforms now. All badges are a few cm in front of the Uniform instead of being directly attached to it
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    I just saw players with the Wells uniform. That one really need some changes. THe Badge is floating in the Air and is too big and also its thin as paper compared to the other Badges like the TWOL or TNG badge

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://priorityonepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/TIS_005_04.12.13.jpg&imgrefurl=http://priorityonepodcast.com/trekkin-in-style-to-lobi-or-not-to-lobi-part-2/&h=833&w=711&tbnid=S4qsiQ-D0Zc4FM:&zoom=1&docid=csTqooZ-1yfIPM&ei=GhgKVZa-E4byPI--gOAI&tbm=isch&ved=0CB0QMygBMAE

Old pic but better than any screenshot i could have taken

Oh and since when are all other badges als floating? Its on all my Uniforms now. All badges are a few cm in front of the Uniform instead of being directly attached to it

I think that's how they 'fixed' the issues with a lot of combadges clipping into female chests when using the upper end of the slider range.

But yeah, the Wells class badge annoys me because it's so thin that a side on view of your characters renders it non existent. Also the lack of a 'true black' on the Wells class uniforms is irritating.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Also the lack of a 'true black' on the Wells class uniforms is irritating.

Yeah, most fed uniform skirts lack a black that matches the blacks for the jackets, which is a pain.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Sometimes this is due to the outfits have baked in shades. the Khan outfit is one of the worst examples.

BEHOLD! Tetin's outfit looks a dingy green..ish color. But if you look at the color choices it should be blue.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think that's how they 'fixed' the issues with a lot of combadges clipping into female chests when using the upper end of the slider range.

But yeah, the Wells class badge annoys me because it's so thin that a side on view of your characters renders it non existent. Also the lack of a 'true black' on the Wells class uniforms is irritating.

So they "fixed" it by putting the badge in an impossible postition, floating in the air.
    Thats not fixing it,t hats breaking the badges for ther players too.

And for the wells Uniform its not only the Side view, also when you look straight at the uniform the badge looks wrong, its absolutely 2 dimensional from every perspective. Same for the Rank insignia. they just look like they were made out of paper and they don´t reflect the light like other insignia does. Its totally matte
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm still having this clipping issue with the Romulan jacket with Azuria@Amahino

http://i.imgur.com/SNdd1qm.jpg

adamkafei wrote: »
    Yeah, most fed uniform skirts lack a black that matches the blacks for the jackets, which is a pain.

Preach brother. The inability to match colors between top and bottom is an ongoing issue. As well as the quest for a true dark black.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2015
    The fixes to the Delta Alliance Armor and Fixes to the Romulan Republic Uppers should be in at the end of next week. The fixes were already done by the character team, but due to scheduling, these fixes took longer than normal to go through.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    callevista wrote: »
    The fixes to the Delta Alliance Armor and Fixes to the Romulan Republic Uppers should be in at the end of next week. The fixes were already done by the character team, but due to scheduling, these fixes took longer than normal to go through.

Thanks threads boss, I knew that you had said you had the fixes, but I thought they had already gone in.

You know maybe you guys should do a dev blog about how patches are applied. It's something I know nothing about.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015

That's great news Callevista, thanks!

Question for you: Any chance of getting a Delete Costume button in the Tailor to free up a costume slot? Sometimes it's easier to start with a fresh slot rather than remaking an old costume. What about a Sort button that would rearrange our costumes by sorted alphanumerically by their title?

I have over 100 costumes on my main now (and several dozen on most my alts), and it's difficult to keep them organized.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    That's great news Callevista, thanks!

Question for you: Any chance of getting a Delete Costume button in the Tailor to free up a costume slot? Sometimes it's easier to start with a fresh slot rather than remaking an old costume. What about a Sort button that would rearrange our costumes by sorted alphanumerically by their title?

I have over 100 costumes on my main now (and several dozen on most my alts), and it's difficult to keep them organized.

I will bring that up with the rest of the team :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    More Updates:

Cropped Winter Jackets - Come in with the correct Klingon Spine-Ridges for Female Klingons.

Female Honor Guard Boots - Adjusted so that they no longer point inwards when walking

Wells Badges - Adjusted to be closer to the Wells Uniform.

These updates are scheduled to go out late next week.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I will bring that up with the rest of the team :)
    Fantastic, thank you! :)
    More Updates...
    Yay more bug fixes!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    umaekoumaeko Member Posts: 748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Romulan uppers are going to be fixed too? That's awesome!

If I may be optimistically hopeful... could our dual shoulderpads be looked into as well?

Here, I'll show you.
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/Zoberraz/Romulan_shoulder_pads_01_zps14162f18.jpg
    To the left is what we're stuck with. But the NPC to the right (and most Romulan males too) has the shoulderpads they way we had before.

Ever since the 24th century TNG Romulan uniforms came out on the Z-Store, the cloth portions of the female shoulderpads have been dramatically extended out to the point where they look like they are floating (in a somewhat ridiculous fashion). I loved my shoulderpads, but ever since that happened, I haven't bothered to wear them anymore.

I was hoping the new fleet admiral shoulderpads wouldn't share the same flaw... but they followed the floaty pattern too :(

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/Zoberraz/screenshot_2014-11-15-19-55-04_zpsd6937b6f.jpg
    See? The cloth part of the male shoulderpad actually rests on the arm. Whereas the female's floats wierdly just under the edge of the shoulderpad itself. This was very disappointing. :(

I've been wanting this to be fixed for a long time. Can you bring it up to the team too, please?
  • Options
    lostusthornlostusthorn Member Posts: 844
    edited March 2015
    Can you please also look into the Seven of Nine uniform fit?

http://www.gods-inc.de/ae/seven_bug.jpg

The top and bottom parts do not fit smooth together anymore since the female character model revamp.

Seven@idali fed lib borg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Umaeko and Lostusthorn, thanks for your contributions. Please note these instructions from the OP:
    DO NOT include the pictures directly in the thread, just post links to your photos. Too many photos makes the thread hard to read (especially when people start quoting/re-posting the pix). Here are instructions for how to share a picture in your post.

Also...
    For best results: If you'd like to add your own bugs to the thread, be sure to include:
    Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant), if dealing with a captain or BO costume, your submitted bug-ticket number, links to pictures, and any other detailed information that can help find and resolve the problem.

Thanks. :o

• Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,421 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Just to reiterate since I haven't seen this fixed yet:
    What happened to the Tellarite Base Complexions for Female AlienGen Captains? :confused:

Plus, is it possible to get ANY new pieces for Alien Captains and BOFFs?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    More Updates:

Cropped Winter Jackets - Come in with the correct Klingon Spine-Ridges for Female Klingons.
    SEXY!

Thanks, that has irked me in the past.
    umaeko wrote: »

If I may be optimistically hopeful... could our dual shoulderpads be looked into as well?

Here, I'll show you.
    http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/Zoberraz/Romulan_shoulder_pads_01_zps14162f18.jpg
    To the left is what we're stuck with. But the NPC to the right (and most Romulan males too) has the shoulderpads they way we had before.

Ever since the 24th century TNG Romulan uniforms came out on the Z-Store, the cloth portions of the female shoulderpads have been dramatically extended out to the point where they look like they are floating (in a somewhat ridiculous fashion). I loved my shoulderpads, but ever since that happened, I haven't bothered to wear them anymore.

I was hoping the new fleet admiral shoulderpads wouldn't share the same flaw... but they followed the floaty pattern too :(

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll277/Zoberraz/screenshot_2014-11-15-19-55-04_zpsd6937b6f.jpg
    See? The cloth part of the male shoulderpad actually rests on the arm. Whereas the female's floats wierdly just under the edge of the shoulderpad itself. This was very disappointing. :(

I've been wanting this to be fixed for a long time. Can you bring it up to the team too, please?
    I never noticed that the NPC pads were hollow. Huh, you learn something new everyday. With that in mind, it makes sense. Solids pads would be unnecessarily heavy unless they were filled with some kind of tech like shield generators or power cells.
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    More Updates:

Female Honor Guard Boots - Adjusted so that they no longer point inwards when walking

Wells Badges - Adjusted to be closer to the Wells Uniform.

These updates are scheduled to go out late next week.

Woohoo. Bloodwine all round! Now my Klingons have to go to the gym and work on their abs.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yay! Great to hear. ^_^
  • Options
    edited March 2015

For best results: If you'd like to add your own bugs to the thread, be sure to include:
    Affected character(s) name@handle, race, gender, faction (and allegiance, if relevant), if dealing with a captain or BO costume, your submitted bug-ticket number, links to pictures, and any other detailed information that can help find and resolve the problem.

Thanks Lordhavelock! -Yes, the more information we get about the issue, the easier it is for us to resolve it.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    umaeko wrote: »

Thanks for this well-documented post! The reason why the shoulder pads were adjusted, was to allow for more bulky uppers to fit with them. But, your post has us looking at this issue again. There's no decision at this time - but we will let you what happens soon.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Probably already reported but, the mirror universe top for females still has some minor clipping

agKkR0H.jpg
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Probably already reported but, the mirror universe top for females still has some minor clipping

http://i.imgur.com/agKkR0H.jpg

Adding a bit to this, the clipping only seems noticeable while aiming, and becomes most apparent when crouching, as in the screenshot.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Callevista,

If I could be so bold to make one more request to bring up with the rest of your team:

Can you please update the Photonic Bridge Officers (especially on the KDF-side) into the year 2410?

I know when the PBOff was originally released, BOffs could not wear kit costume pieces, so you guys locked-in the appearance. (At least that was the reason why the Fed-sides were locked, the KDF never had such a reason since they have no kit visuals, they just got locked because ??). Well, now we can decorate our BOffs with kits, so maybe it's time you followed the precedence set by unlocking the Romulan Embassy BOffs and finally allow us to customize our PBOffs...

Failing that, I'm mostly asking if you can upgrade the PBOff "programming" and change their holoimages out of the Sierra-04 (Fedside) and Klingon Standard (KDF) and put them into the Starfleet Officer Service Uniform (Odyssey) and Warrior's Bortasqu', respectively?

I've gone through most of my characters and changed their crews to match Thomas' Starfleet guide on the Odyssey, and when I take the PBOff on Away Team excursions, he just stands-out unsatisfactorily. KDF-side, the old Klingon Standard (sadly) looks terrible next to the spiffy new Bortasqu' threads.

I recommend if you make this requested change you require the PBOff be reclaimed, so those that like the old flava can keep it.

Anyway, thanks! :)

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2015
    hypl wrote: »

agKkR0H.jpg

The Federation aligned Romulan uniforms have the same issue when aiming. It's more noticeable on male characters though with that one.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The collar disappears on the TNG uniform when you select the Admiral (55-59) rank pins. This is on my Betazoid female. I haven't tested on other species/genders yet, I'll check later if I get the chance. I did also bug report it #3,317,646.

On an unrelated note, is there any reason Orion men only get two hairstyles besides bald (balding and middle parted)? Could others also be added please.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Adding a bit to this, the clipping only seems noticeable while aiming, and becomes most apparent when crouching, as in the screenshot.
    Sounds similar to the (now fixed) bug I reported a while back with the Khan outfit. the static animation was fine, but crouching made it do lots of weird things.

@Martian: that's due to a recent addition. Male Orions used to have NO options.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg