test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Caitian/Ferasan manes, hairstyles, and other suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,109 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    cbob312 wrote: »
    Give me Mass Effect 2(minus the heat sinks) but Star Trek and I'd be happy to play ground combat all day.

Assuming direct control.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Republic Commando was what I had in mind. Even today, that is still the single best first person shooter I have ever played.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.
    Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.
    Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.
    Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
    Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
    Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
    Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.
    Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.
    Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.
    Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.
    Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
    Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
    Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
    Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.
    Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.

You should post this in bug reports. Like, once a week. Make a new thread every week saying the same thing.

I mean heck, look at Juggernaut Shielding. They acknowledged that it doesn't work months ago and STILL haven't bothered to fix it.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Every week might be pushing the limits, by a lot. Smirk specifically told him to stop spamming cat stuff.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Every week might be pushing the limits, by a lot. Smirk specifically told him to stop spamming cat stuff.

That wasn't Smirk, that was Bort who said my one post was spamming when I put it only one time on the tribble thread. Also, I already made a bug report thread.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    xicar1xicar1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    in first person the game looks actually good, for elite ground instead of making the NPC stronger they should have made auto lock on first person view thats actually a challenge.

But anyways can we get anything involving the Kzinti ??
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Apparently Niven said no.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2015

This, for reasons.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    This is only partly cat related, but the female Kobali BOFF from the anniversary episode can use feline hands and a tail :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    xicar1 wrote: »
    in first person the game looks actually good, for elite ground instead of making the NPC stronger they should have made auto lock on first person view thats actually a challenge.

But anyways can we get anything involving the Kzinti ??

Sadly no we cannot.

Incorrect, at least back in the day, Niven not only approved the Kzinti going into Trek, he even co-wrote an episode of The Animated Series which had them in it, and was based directly off one of his Known Space stories. It wasn't Niven who said no, but I do not know who it actually was.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Sadly no we cannot.

Incorrect, at least back in the day, Niven not only approved the Kzinti going into Trek, he even co-wrote an episode of The Animated Series which had them in it, and was based directly off one of his Known Space stories. It wasn't Niven who said no, but I do not know who it actually was.

This was after Animated series. We are talking about a no in modern day.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    This is only partly cat related, but the female Kobali BOFF from the anniversary episode can use feline hands and a tail :D
    I gave my Kobali a radioactive green tail. It suits her very well.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    I gave my Kobali a radioactive green tail. It suits her very well.
    make any final changes you want now; it's getting fixed next patch
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Some new bugs reported to me.

New ear style Feline Tucked isn't an option on female Caitians.
    Ferasan earrings don't line up with ears on Feline Tucked.
    Tails aren't an option on Kobali Armor.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    I am hoping they will make it so I can have my fur one color and my "hairdo" another.
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Well I found that the new ear option is not part of a uniform but an actual independent option. Wish they would advertise this stuff lol.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Found out that the tucked ears are only for specific headwear options and are bugged in that they appear as a normal option for males :/.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Really need some round ear types.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    No Cait as a new system added in-game, this is unfortunate.
  • Options
    ian8519ian8519 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes please I want.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Well..it's almost been a year and a half since this 3rd version of my thread started. Quite a long way it has come. We have gotten some nice fixes, but still nothing concrete in terms of actual new features, sadly.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1405711

Got a mention by another user for an interesting idea, sadly it will never happen.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    He is one of our fellow FileFront guys.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Still need those black and white color options.
  • Options
    artemisa0kartemisa0k Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's probably been mentioned before but even the option to just use any of the regular humanoid hair and select the color independently would really be great.

Really I don't see why the hair options aren't available across all species, if it clip's you just don't use it or perhaps like the look, you can't tell me that there are no wig's, implant's, holo-hair or bizarre shapeshifting symbio-hair creatures in star trek.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    artemisa0k wrote: »
    ...really I Don't See Why The Hair Options Aren't Available Across All Species, If It Clip's You Just Don't Use It Or Perhaps Like The Look, You Can't Tell Me That There Are No Wig's, Implant's, Holo-hair Or Bizarre Shapeshifting Symbio-hair Creatures In Star Trek.

Agreed 1000%!
    signature.png
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I just want a mane of hair for once.
  • Options
    geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I started a Ferasan KDF for the recruit stuff.. and can't find any of the face colorization options... I'd seen another in the Klingon academy with an interesting pattern and went back to the tailor to see if I could put some options on my toon... but they didn't seem to exist in the "head" section... any info?