test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caitian/Ferasan manes, hairstyles, and other suggestions.

Comments

• thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Nooo, she must have a swahili name.

I can offer one if you tell me her personality and background.

Uhmmm...

She's the kind of person that'll go into a situation without thinking it through. Other than that she keeps to herself... claiming trophys from people she has personally defeated.

As for her background....

*Born on Cait
    *Fascinated by the Ferasan culture (hence the warrior markings)
    *Considered an outcast by her fellow Caitains.
    *Survivor of the Undine attack on ESD
    *Survivor of the Herald attack on Starbase 234
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Uhmmm...

She's the kind of person that'll go into a situation without thinking it through. Other than that she keeps to herself... claiming trophys from people she has personally defeated.

As for her background....

*Born on Cait
    *Fascinated by the Ferasan culture (hence the warrior markings)
    *Considered an outcast by her fellow Caitains.
    *Survivor of the Undine attack on ESD
    *Survivor of the Herald attack on Starbase 234

S'Kiwa.

The S prefix stands for curious in caitian culture. Kiwa means outcast in swahili. Being an outcast seemed to be her dominant trait.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Enough with the Swahili. More Russian.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
    edited May 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Enough with the Swahili. More Russian.

There's nothing russian about Caitians and Ferasans. Swahili is probably the closest to the kind of language they would speak, not Russian.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    S'Kiwa.

The S prefix stands for curious in caitian culture. Kiwa means outcast in swahili. Being an outcast seemed to be her dominant trait.

Ash, I'm curious as to where you're getting your Caitian language/culture information from. I'd love a link, if there is one. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited May 2015
    Ash, I'm curious as to where you're getting your Caitian language/culture information from. I'd love a link, if there is one. :D

http://atswiki.startreklover.com/Caitian

This is one site. There are a myriad of others. Remember, this is all fan-made and there is no canon source of Caitian culture.
    edited May 2015
    Okay Ash... Suggestions / comments for everything below.

NjO54os.png

Link

Name: S'Kiwa
    Species: Caitian-Ferasan Hybrid
    Dpt: Special Operations

Quick fun facts:

* Child of both the Caitain and Ferasan races.
    * Born in 2380.
    * Suspended from Starfleet Academy in 2397 for running an illegal gambling tournament.
    * Returned to SFA and graduated in 2400.
    * Assigned to the U.S.S. Geronimo until 2404.
    * Prisoner of the Ask'kaar in 2405 for assault.
    * Released back to the Federation and assigned to the U.S.S. Luna until it's destruction by the Undine in 2410
    * Assigned to Starbase 234. Was evacuated before it fell to Herald forces.
    *Currently assigned to the Federation Embassy on Mol'Rihan (New Romulus.)
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015

This is one site. There are a myriad of others. Remember, this is all fan-made and there is no canon source of Caitian culture.

Cool! Thanks. :D
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited May 2015
    5J5tyxR.png

The Pride of I'Zira ? :P ... is it an I or L ?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited May 2015
    There's nothing russian about Caitians and Ferasans. Swahili is probably the closest to the kind of language they would speak, not Russian.
    There is nothing Swahili about them either. You keep forgetting that cats exist all around the world, such as Siberian tigers (Russia), Indochinese Tigers (Indonesia), Cougars (America), and all the various species all through the Amazon. And verbally, Russian sounds like the closest thing to a cat-like accent.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is nothing Swahili about them either. You keep forgetting that cats exist all around the world, such as Siberian tigers (Russia), Indochinese Tigers (Indonesia), Cougars (America), and all the various species all through the Amazon. And verbally, Russian sounds like the closest thing to a cat-like accent.
    which is probably why the producers of beast wars gave ravage a russian accent, or at least what most think a russian accent is supposed to sound like
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well if you want to know what it REALLY sounds like...

or maybe this one.

or maybe this one Hehe, this third one isn't a trailer for the movie, but a commentary on errors in the movie(among other things). It's kinda funny. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited May 2015
    the only russian accents i've ever actually heard are various ones from games like C&C red alert, red alert 2 and red alert 3, world in conflict, call of duty world at war and various others

and the only ones i can recall offhand on TV is chekov's accent, which i understand wasn't a proper russian accent
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    edited May 2015
    The first two videos don't seem to want to load, but the third one is a Russian guy speaking in Russian as he talks about the movie. Night Watch and Day Watch were good movies.

Anyways though. Yeah Chekov's accent was way overblown. Just compare it to the guy in the video...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited May 2015
    of course, that was old chekov...i don't know about nu-chekov's accent, though it certainly seems a little less over-the-top

#LegalizeAwoo

edited May 2015
    5J5tyxR.png

The Pride of I'Zira ? :P ... is it an I or L ?

It's an I! When will you learn, beagle man?
    edited May 2015

There ain't nothing that sounds russian from any of the cats I have seen speak in this game or series.
    edited May 2015
    well, that would be because there are very few cases of caitians speaking at all...the only ones i can think of would be m'ress, whatever the one that sounds like she swallowed helium's name is, and nin yan (who isn't a caitian, but still)

#LegalizeAwoo

edited May 2015
    well, that would be because there are very few cases of caitians speaking at all...the only ones i can think of would be m'ress, whatever the one that sounds like she swallowed helium's name is, and nin yan (who isn't a caitian, but still)

You forget the caitian private in the tutorial and the Undine mission where they destroy ESD.
    Also, Kyona's voice is different and not the helium one anymore.
    edited May 2015
    it may be different now, but there are some things you just can't forget...

anyway, i don't know about m'ress' accent having never watched TAS, but i believe all the other voiced cats in star trek were using english accents

#LegalizeAwoo

edited May 2015
    M'Ress speaks like Troi's mother, just slower and deeper with the purrs she does.
    edited May 2015
    it may be different now, but there are some things you just can't forget...

anyway, i don't know about m'ress' accent having never watched TAS, but i believe all the other voiced cats in star trek were using english accents
    IIRC M'Ress was Nichelle Nichols. And yeah she sometimes purred while talking.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited May 2015
    IIRC M'Ress was Nichelle Nichols. And yeah she sometimes purred while talking.

M'Ress was gene's wife. How dare you forget this!
    edited May 2015
    She had some part in every series, such as being Mrs. Troi, the computer voice, among many others. And after Gene died, she took his unused Star Trek scripts, and Andromeda was born.
    anyway, i don't know about m'ress' accent having never watched TAS
    I never even heard of M'Ress, or TAS, until I met Ashkrik........
    edited May 2015
    She had some part in every series, such as being Mrs. Troi, the computer voice, among many others. And after Gene died, she took his unused Star Trek scripts, and Andromeda was born.

I never even heard of M'Ress, or TAS, until I met Ashkrik........

You were blessed to have met me then.
  • geminisierrageminisierra Member Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2015

That site seems to have gone poof
    edited May 2015
    That site seems to have gone poof

Probably something on their end.
    edited May 2015
    Curious that there is no update on the tail issue still.
    edited June 2015
    Gave S'Kiwa an updated Ash.

Like/Hate?

EdZA1Lm.png?1
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited June 2015
    Gave S'Kiwa an updated Ash.

Like/Hate?

EdZA1Lm.png?1

Looks fine to me.