test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caitian/Ferasan manes, hairstyles, and other suggestions.

1414243444547»

Comments

• lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    Bare feet came around late last summer, so they are not new at all.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    We know that Kongwe, but the digitgradeish look wasn't.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Well if this game followed normal guidelines for caitians, most Caitians and Ferasans would elect to go barefoot. I don't recall if it is canon, but somewhere I read said that Caitians could apply a polymer like spray to their paw pads to kinda act like a sneaker. It would reduce stress on their feet when walking for a long amount of time.

There is no way the polymer thing is canon. Stuff like that usually gets made-up in fanon at some point, because there's an unhealthy tendency to overexplain redundant stuff which then ruins everything.

Caitians (and basically every species with extremeties that do not need to be protected or supported) going bare is canon though. It was shown in TAS and I think even mentioned in dialogue, but I never saw TAS completely and it's kinda hard to come by. We do have the bare option for off-duty now at least. I'd like to see that expanded to duty gear as well. EV-suits are full-body replacement models anyway so that wouldn't be an issue. Also, a bare option shouldn't be included in rep gear armour sets but only in regular duty slots.

Some kind of footwear for caitian paws like greaves or additional reinforcements would be nice, but I understand that this is a huge amount of work for a tiny minority of game content which Cryptic cannot be bothered right now. But the bare option just unlocked for duty would be neat (at least it wasn't on tribble, I couldn't check holodeck yet).​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    I think we can give up on any kind of bug fixes or updates to these species considering I posted plenty of reports to the arts dev and never got a response.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png