test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Caitian/Ferasan manes, hairstyles, and other suggestions.

Comments

• bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Gave S'Kiwa an updated Ash.

Like/Hate?

EdZA1Lm.png?1

That looks pretty good.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So apparently sliders and all are still bugged despite people telling them this on tribble.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This thread makes me think of Charlie Brown. "Maybe this year Cryptic will finally let me kick that caitian-shaped football."
  • turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just think of us as a legion of big-headed, yellow-and-black-zagged-shirt wearing players, huh?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
    edited June 2015
    That being an analogy that we are ignored lol? (I have not watched Charlie Brown in forever.)
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm sorry if I was a little inactive, so maybe this has been adressed, but:

My Caitian cannot wear swimwear (invisible legs, arms, waist). My Caitian cannot wear sunglasses (the option is just not there). My caitian cannot change tail length/thickness.

So far, Risa is not fun because I have to wear uniform instead of being able to show off my tail :P But seriously - I realize other species have problems as well (my Klingon has plenty in the outfit department, including vanishing limbs) - but cats seem to be worse off this year.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The sunglasses are nothing new. Cryptic stated last year that Gorns and Caitians/Ferasans have a completely different skull structure, and they were not going to make a unique sunglasses model to accommodate.

As for the swimsuits, I don't have any problems with that. Of course, all of my characters are male, and always will be. I have seen a few female characters, such as Kyubi's, who do have invisible legs. But all of the male swimsuits work perfectly according to plan.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    That being an analogy that we are ignored lol? (I have not watched Charlie Brown in forever.)
    You tell us about about your hopes and dreams, which are quite humble, but no matter what you try, it never comes about and you're left saying "maybe next year."
    edited June 2015
    The dream will never die though.
    edited June 2015
    Besides - slowly but surely, we're gaining ground; the "Leather Vest" option has been added to 'Uniform - Jacket Tight' and the "Tank Top" to 'Off Duty - Bare Chest', finally giving us actual bare-arms options for Ferasans (and Caitians) like we've been asking for. So we might not get everything right away or all at once, but little by little...

Well, to play with the analogy - one of these days, they're gonna get distracted, not pull that ball away fast enough and we're going to see it go flying...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    My Caitian cannot wear swimwear (invisible legs, arms, waist). My Caitian cannot wear sunglasses (the option is just not there). My caitian cannot change tail length/thickness.

So far, Risa is not fun because I have to wear uniform instead of being able to show off my tail :P But seriously - I realize other species have problems as well (my Klingon has plenty in the outfit department, including vanishing limbs) - but cats seem to be worse off this year.

I know there's one bug (in the known issues, even) that affects all females who try to wear the Board Shorts outside of their usual category (Swimwear Separates or whatever). Past that, I don't know of any other ways to get your limbs to go invisible...short of a slight bug.

If you're getting invisible limbs whenever you're just in the Swimwear categories, I recommend either you remove any mods you have installed, or you do a full verify of your installation via the launcher.

Protip for those here: Most female swimwear that can be split into two pieces (short of the
    String Bikini) can be worn in Off-Duty under the new Bare Chests section. Combine that with the Beachcomber outfit and you can be poorly dressed and barefoot anywhere in the galaxy.

I'm guessing this is a bug and will be fixed Thursday. Save your costumes now.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    somebob wrote: »
    I know there's one bug (in the known issues, even) that affects all females who try to wear the Board Shorts outside of their usual category (Swimwear Separates or whatever). Past that, I don't know of any other ways to get your limbs to go invisible...short of a slight bug.

If you're getting invisible limbs whenever you're just in the Swimwear categories, I recommend either you remove any mods you have installed, or you do a full verify of your installation via the launcher.

Protip for those here: Most female swimwear that can be split into two pieces (short of the
    String Bikini) can be worn in Off-Duty under the new Bare Chests section. Combine that with the Beachcomber outfit and you can be poorly dressed and barefoot anywhere in the galaxy.

I'm guessing this is a bug and will be fixed Thursday. Save your costumes now.

Actually it is already fixed for me. I don't know if it's related, but I bought a one-piece swimsuit ("one shoulder") and that magically fixed the sling and mini t bikini for me as well. :confused:
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited June 2015
    Have found no acknowledgement by the art team that the issues still plague the custom sliders so far.
    edited June 2015
    I finally got around to buying board shorts, so I have finally bothered to visit a tailor for the first time in months. Consider this my personal confirmation that the tail sliders don't work.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    edited June 2015
    Maybe I should spam tribble again with "Waiting on (insert type) cat fixes like I did with the dyson armor.

That should be a STO forum meme/hashtag.
    edited June 2015
    Even after the Devs specifically told you to stop doing exactly that?
    edited June 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Even after the Devs specifically told you to stop doing exactly that?

That was Borticus on another issue which I only posted one time. So please tell me how posting one thing one time is spamming.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That was Borticus on another issue which I only posted one time. So please tell me how posting one thing one time is spamming.
    I think when you start your post with "Maybe I should spam tribble again with", you kinda admitted to it yourself. Just saying. :P

I'm sure the devs will get to your suggestions man. They seem pretty good.
    edited June 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    I think when you start your post with "Maybe I should spam tribble again with", you kinda admitted to it yourself. Just saying. :P

I'm sure the devs will get to your suggestions man. They seem pretty good.

TThe dyson issue was long before Borticus came. He said I spammed on a whole other issue which again, as said before, was posted only one time.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    from 12/2/14
    Caitians and Ferasans cannot use tails on the new Delta rep armor.

from 12/5/14
    Cat species cannot use tails on Delta rep armor.

from 12/9/14
    Caitians and Ferasans still have a few tailor problems.

We cannot use feline hands with club wear.

We cannot use tails for Delta Rep armor.

Females cannot use slit eyes with the new winter hats.

from 1/7/14
    Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.
    Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.
    Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.
    Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
    Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
    Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
    Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.
    Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.

and lastly 1/9/15
    Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.
    Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.
    Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.
    Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
    Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
    Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
    Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.
    Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.
    Please stop spamming things like this. If you don't get a response from Cryptic, that does not mean your report has been ignored or overlooked - we simply don't have time to respond to everyone individually.

The Bug Forum is the correct place to post any reports of this nature.

that bolded bit in particular is most likely what he was referring to; all the stuff getting added with each successive patch just made it worse until he finally decided to respond
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
    edited June 2015
    And the thread he put that in only had one post by me in it. I find it hilarious he responds to that one thing but never asked people to stop "spamming" their requests for other things like galaxy updates etc.
    And still no acknowledgement by art devs that the tail issue is still a plague.
    Just something I was thinking about tonight... What about 'Scottish Fold' (they'd probably have a different in-game name though) style ears for Caitians and Ferasans? Thoughts?
    More ear types has been a common suggestion.
  • onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    i don't know when it happened, but i was looking at my caitian and ferasan characters while doing stuff on risa, i noticed that their feet have changed somewhat from the original barefeet option, they now have a slight digitigrade look to them, the heel is elevated and only the front paw and toes are touching the ground (or at least it looks that way)
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
    Been that way for a while now. It's something but still not the full digitgrade option.
    Been that way for a while now. It's something but still not the full digitgrade option.

well it IS better than nothing, at least the character artists went back and redid it somewhat

though it does beg the question...if caitian and ferasan feet look that way when barefoot....how do they wear normal boots like regular plantigrade species when they're in their uniform?
    signature-omega.png
    onyxheart1 wrote: »
    though it does beg the question...if caitian and ferasan feet look that way when barefoot....how do they wear normal boots like regular plantigrade species when they're in their uniform?

The same way that Gorn do, obviously, with their feet that are wider than any of the boot options... Q did it.
    Well if this game followed normal guidelines for caitians, most Caitians and Ferasans would elect to go barefoot. I don't recall if it is canon, but somewhere I read said that Caitians could apply a polymer like spray to their paw pads to kinda act like a sneaker. It would reduce stress on their feet when walking for a long amount of time.
    edited July 2015
    while going barefoot is an option for regular duty, there's also pressure/EV suits to consider, can't exactly spray a polymer on your pads to protect against hostile atmospheres or the void of space lol x3

i wouldn't mind seeing some changes eventually to some footwear to reflect the newish digitigrade look of the caitian/ferasan feet, maybe make the evening wear shoes into more of an open toed sandal designed around the feet? or some sort of uniform foot wrap to resemble the regular boots in-game
    signature-omega.png