test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Caitian/Ferasan manes, hairstyles, and other suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would take that. How would they do broken ears though? Have them bent or something?

I know the tail could be just limp and unable to properly move. They could also add a somewhat "unsteady" walking and running animation, since the tail is what helps them balance."
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I would take that. How would they do broken ears though? Have them bent or something?

I know the tail could be just limp and unable to properly move. They could also add a somewhat "unsteady" walking and running animation, since the tail is what helps them balance."

Yep the ears could be bent or folded over, the tail could just be limp or go limp half way down sort of thing.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mjarbar wrote: »
    Yep the ears could be bent or folded over, the tail could just be limp or go limp half way down sort of thing.

Or you could just go with an option that has one or the other of the ears torn. Or both.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    That makes sense for KDF side, seeing as how their entire culture is to survive of your own strength, or die in battle. That is precisely the reason why their science programs are nearly non-existent. Battle scars are a sign of honour, and they are proud to boats about the battle that caused it.

But for Starfleet, they have dermal regenerators, and other stuff instant fix tools. I can guarantee you won't see a Starfleet officer walking around with battle scars.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    lindaleff wrote: »
    That makes sense for KDF side, seeing as how their entire culture is to survive of your own strength, or die in battle. That is precisely the reason why their science programs are nearly non-existent. Battle scars are a sign of honour, and they are proud to boats about the battle that caused it.

But for Starfleet, they have dermal regenerators, and other stuff instant fix tools. I can guarantee you won't see a Starfleet officer walking around with battle scars.

You would if that officer comes from a species which values personal combat. Even an Andorian might fall into that with their dueling heritage.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Cough, Genetics, Cough?

You were saying about science?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well at the very least, torn ears would look great on Ferasans.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cbob312 wrote: »
    I'm an alien cat man not an alien bear man, and before you say 'lion', do you see any manes around here?

Well, not all male lions have manes:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsavo_Man-Eaters

That said, I'd love to have the option.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Well, not all male lions have manes:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsavo_Man-Eaters

That said, I'd love to have the option.

Especially since the doff contest third place winner is a Caitian with a mane hair style, so...yeah.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    b5aa20cb6cb1ec90f17bd5b42e9a3e921419883789.png

I know you can do it..Cryptic..
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    b5aa20cb6cb1ec90f17bd5b42e9a3e921419883789.png

I know you can do it..Cryptic..

Don't get your hopes up. We're more likely to see an Xp buff before a Caitain revamp... infact... yeah... neither will happen... lower your expectations.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.
    Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.
    Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.
    Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
    Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
    Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
    Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.
    Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.

Current issues still not fixed.
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    To be fair, this is nothing cat specific. Klingons haven't gotten new costumes since launch (except fleet and rep) and the costumes they have are bugged beyond believe. Since launch.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Lucky for me, I really do love the Voth suit with Jem'Hadar trousers. I'll choose that over anything, Starfleet or Klingon. But the Spire coat makes for a perfect Winter outfit. I'd say I'm quite good for uniforms.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.
    Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.
    Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.
    Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
    Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
    Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
    Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.
    Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.

Current issues still not fixed.

Actually I like the intel glasses better than the sporty shades. Wish Caitians could have the Klingon Kitty's fangs and nose rings.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Nose rings indicate slavery. I can't imagine why you would actually want to be a slave.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    no, there are actually people all over the world who wear nose rings for fashion...mostly teens, bikers and emos, of course
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Nose rings indicate slavery. I can't imagine why you would actually want to be a slave.

Where do you get this stuff......I see people wearing that mess everywhere..
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    The entire point of a nose ring is to grab it, and control the subject. I shouldn't need to tell you the pain grabbing the ring causes, which is what makes it so effective for control. Even at a walking pace, the subject will follow your every step. If the subject starts balking, you give the ring a little tug, and the subject will instantly cooperate.

2786805814_4d6b3b7ec0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    People do not get grabbed in the face with nose rings....they wear them as nasty jewelry...
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The entire point of a nose ring is to grab it, and control the subject. I shouldn't need to tell you the pain grabbing the ring causes, which is what makes it so effective for control. Even at a walking pace, the subject will follow your every step. If the subject starts balking, you give the ring a little tug, and the subject will instantly cooperate.

2786805814_4d6b3b7ec0.jpg

I always get a kick out of these things on people. It's like they are asking to be compared to cattle, but heaven forbid you call a girl with one of these a cow. ROFL.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    I know the Risian Sunglasses one at least is an intended "feature".
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    As I recall, the reason was because of the feline head geometry not working with sun glasses.
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    I always get a kick out of these things on people. It's like they are asking to be compared to cattle, but heaven forbid you call a girl with one of these a cow. ROFL.
    Slaves are cattle. Simple as that.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As I recall, the reason was because of the feline head geometry not working with sun glasses.

Slaves are cattle. Simple as that.
    AFAIK the reason the intel glasses work is that they made more than one version.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    They still clip with feline heads. But that is barely noticeable because the Intel glasses are basically a headband. In fact, the first time I saw a Gorn wearing them, it actually did look exactly like a hippie headband.

haight-hippie.jpg
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    peace, mon...
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    We still need solid black and white fur colors.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Solid white fur is what I want, for all of my characters.
  • Options
    jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    +1 for solid white!

I also would like some more spots and stripes options
    animated.gif
  • Options
    alexmakepeacealexmakepeace Member Posts: 10,633 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We still need solid black and white fur colors.
    I'm pretty sure that solid black in the STO graphic system would give you a pair of eyes floating in a caitian-shaped void, and white would create an walking lens flare that washes out everything in its vicinity. :P