test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Caitian/Ferasan manes, hairstyles, and other suggestions.

ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
Bringing this back since the old one died. (This thread also includes current bugs with the species.)

Still hoping for those manes and M'ress hair Cryptic.
180px-Caitians.jpg

They could do manes just like the male on the left.

Not sure why it's hard to add a long hair style to them either.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjgV1o7uxvyzqRHwkzZJvY5OmOm6r8CPe-xPKCQlTiM5X1g5ghOA

Also would like more fur patterns. Mainly those of the big cats. Like Cheetah, Tiger, Leopard ETC.
You can find the original fur pattern suggestion thread here.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=570271

Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear..
Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.
Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.
Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)
s such as brown, which is for Caitians only.
Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.
Ferasan earrings don't line up with ears on Feline Tucked.
Feline tails are now scaled excessively large and some types even clip the floor. Sliders do not work.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
Post edited by ashkrik23 on

Comments

• Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Bringing this back since the old one died.

You don't give up, eh Sarabi-san? Good! That's the spirit!
    Say it once, say it loud, we're cats and we're proud!

I support this thread. We need more hair and patterns asap!

Trivia: This reply took 6 edits...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    No, I won't. Not until we get this added or an art team Dev comments on it.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    No, I won't. Not until we get this added or an art team Dev comments on it.

That's it, never say die!
  • Options
    similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    BATTLE CAT! BATTLE CAT! BATTLE CAT!

But seriously, anything that improves customization would be greatly appreciated by me. And the more feline body shapes would make me much more willing to toss a stipend at the kitties :P

I suppose a Thundercats reference may have been more appropriate... Cheetera next time!
    edited August 2013
    Cats need to be like M'Ress. The actual paws ETC.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Cryptic, are we ever going to get the actual feline paws so we look more like cats? The Risan outfit is a start. But we need the bare foot option for all uniform types. Gorn get it, why not us?
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    This thread needs to stay on top. Bump!

Sarabi-san, I'm not complaining about that last one, I prefer boots...
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I support this thread 100%.

M'Ress hairstyles For The Win! (no more bald (i.e. non-canon) Caitians please :))
    Cats need to be like M'Ress. The actual paws ETC.

As for paws, there has been a tiny bit of progress here. Although it is very hidden - the Risa Beachcomber outfit lets your Captain go barefoot...and with Caitians...the bare feet are actual paws!

Honestly this should be an open option for all Caitains - not just for those who have the Beachcomber outfit. And the sad part of this is that the outfit is only usable on your Captain. Your Bridge Officers can't use 'off duty' clothing so they can't even use this 'hidden' option. :(

Again the bare paws option should be standard for all Caitians. M'Ress didn't wear boots. :P
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I support this thread 100%.

M'Ress hairstyles For The Win! (no more bald (i.e. non-canon) Caitians please :))

As for paws, there has been a tiny bit of progress here. Although it is very hidden - the Risa Beachcomber outfit lets your Captain go barefoot...and with Caitians...the bare feet are actual paws!

Honestly this should be an open option for all Caitains - not just for those who have the Beachcomber outfit. And the sad part of this is that the outfit is only usable on your Captain. Your Bridge Officers can't use 'off duty' clothing so they can't even use this 'hidden' option. :(

Again the bare paws option should be standard for all Caitians. M'Ress didn't wear boots. :P

Beachcomber is a start, but as you said, it needs to be on all uniforms.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I would much rather prefer an actual feline leg shape than paws. But, since paws exist already they should be a standard for those Caitians and Ferasans who want them. I still like boots...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    loukoc wrote: »
    I would much rather prefer an actual feline leg shape than paws. But, since paws exist already they should be a standard for those Caitians and Ferasans who want them. I still like boots...

The paws would require the leg shape anyways. So 2 birds down with one stone.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The link in the main post was broken, should be working now.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    While we're at it Cryptic, let's get some Borg Caitians and Ferasans in once they make a Liberated Borg faction.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    There are no Greenside cats so I think that takes priority...
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Frankly I don't care what gets added to the green side as long as it's another animal.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Frankly I don't care what gets added to the green side as long as it's another animal.

Doggians...feh, I don't like dogs a lot.

Perhaps Xindi Avians could be rediscovered...

Also, bump, we need some dev to say if they're adding anything for cats someday...
  • Options
    similonsimilon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Somehow, I doubt we'll get much of a response unless we get considerably more support.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried posting a slightly re-worded* thread in General Discussion ? Anything in there will get more publicity.

*slightly reworded to fit general discussion, not a hard task ;)
    edited August 2013
    similon wrote: »
    Somehow, I doubt we'll get much of a response unless we get considerably more support.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried posting a slightly re-worded* thread in General Discussion ? Anything in there will get more publicity.

*slightly reworded to fit general discussion, not a hard task ;)

I've made 3 of these threads with the original spanning over 18 pages and a couple thousand views. Also, if a thread like this was posted in general, they would move it to art. You can try yourself if you want.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    I once again pledge my support to Caitian equality! :P

C'mon Cryptic, M'Ress is the character that made Caitians popular in the first place; what was the point of introducing them if it's impossible for us to recreate that look? :confused:
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    capnmanx wrote: »
    what was the point of introducing them if it's impossible for us to recreate that look? :confused:
    maybe they don't want thousands of m'ress clones running around?

bad enough there are already that many kirk/picard/sisko/janeway/dax/riker/data/etc.. clones running around
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    maybe they don't want thousands of m'ress clones running around?

bad enough there are already that many kirk/picard/sisko/janeway/dax/riker/data/etc.. clones running around

But the Caitians in STO are all pretty much identical anyway, besides some variation in fur colour; they just aren't clones of anybody besides each other.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    capnmanx wrote: »
    I once again pledge my support to Caitian equality! :P

C'mon Cryptic, M'Ress is the character that made Caitians popular in the first place; what was the point of introducing them if it's impossible for us to recreate that look? :confused:

I honestly want an update just for customization alone. It would allow them time to create all the requested features that have been made over the years.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    If you're gonna have a canon race in the game they should be able to look like the canon character they're drawn from. So I'll add a "Heck yeah!" for requesting M'ress-like hair be wearable by Caitains. A similar mane would be awesome also.

/vote +1.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the support.
  • Options
    dusty780dusty780 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Ill Support this, I haven't been playing long but id Love to have my Cats with Digi legs like they should. the option for bare feet should be made more widely available too, i see so many running around now without them and they have all had to buy the pack (and its going to become less and less common now that you cant get the pack anymore) If it would cost them money to make digi legs available, I'm pretty sure there is no shortage of people who would Willingly buy it, myself included.

As for the Problem of 'clipping' with sunglasses and other things. They made it so that aliens (some which look absolutely Stupid with their head builds) can use them, why didn't they put the slight bit of extra effort in so all the species can use them? Also I'm sure the borg would have NO problems Assimilating the Fursians or Caitians, so why aren't borg options available? i don't think the borg would fly up go 'Eww they almost look like furries' and fly away.

More Hairstyle options, more ear options, fur patterns/colours, leg and feet options, uniform and Borg tech options would be Most welcomed. :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I would get it for Zen right now if Cryptic would at least put customization packs on the C-Store.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    dusty780 wrote: »
    Fursians

Ferasans. I'm only a half-blood Ferasan but half of me desires correct spelling.

How about a longer mohawk style too. I like mohawks and I would love a longer one falling to one side.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Ferasans. I'm only a half-blood Ferasan but half of me desires correct spelling.

How about a longer mohawk style too. I like mohawks and I would love a longer one falling to one side.

Eh, no thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    You're welcome but I still want a longer mohawk that isn't straight up. Also, mohawk is red-underlined, weird...

Fixed!
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Also, mohawk is red-underlined, weird...
    well, right-click it and add it to the dictionary
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.