What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Giveaway!

Comments

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    depends whats on offer and if it would draw any attention long enough to log in, claim it and log out afterwards.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's no reason to complain about free gifts. I'll appreciate them, whatever they are.

Flawed or not, STO has improved a lot since I first registered. And I'll probably keep coming back to it for a long time.
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For me personally, the best free give-away ever was the Nebula T5(U) starship. I don't think they will ever top that again. Anyways, the free stuff is always appreciated, even if it's unpopular stuff. Remember, they are not obligated to give us anything free.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    i stopped playing this game as an mmo. now i play it only 'cuz is about star trek... as for the giveaway event im hopping to see free costumes that i dont have already, althought thats really hard since i have most of them :D
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For me personally, the best free give-away ever was the Nebula T5(U) starship. I don't think they will ever top that again. Anyways, the free stuff is always appreciated, even if it's unpopular stuff. Remember, they are not obligated to give us anything free.

People really did underestimate that ship. I love mine to death.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    cryptiecopcryptiecop Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    If your giving away free items, please include something to fix the bridge officers from dropping on every map change...
    cmbanner2015.jpg
  • Options
    sgtschatzsgtschatz Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TRIBBLE the bugs!! TRIBBLE fixing anything!! Until you fix Tasha's face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on cryptic wth. Maybe we could all pitch in for the cost of fixing her face. You know pass a hat!!!!! Fix Tasha Fix her now!!!!:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lionandthelamblionandthelamb Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sgtschatz wrote: »
    TRIBBLE the bugs!! TRIBBLE fixing anything!! Until you fix Tasha's face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Come on cryptic wth. Maybe we could all pitch in for the cost of fixing her face. You know pass a hat!!!!! Fix Tasha Fix her now!!!!:D

There are some things....that even 25th century technology can't fix....

We could just offer Tasha to the Iconians as a peace offering and just remove her face from being seen... She was annoying in TNG and she's annoying here, i see no big loss. :D
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,994 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hopefully the D'deridex retrofit will be part of the give away
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      joeyslasherjoeyslasher Member Posts: 31 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      they always seem to give away thigns I have already, I wihs it would be a coin or ticket that u can pick one free outfit of your choise from the cstoe
    • Options
      hausofmartokhausofmartok Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      Cryptic, free stuff is ok, but I really hope you guys offer a higher level of giveaways this year. Costumes, low tier ships, poor selling items and bridge packs are really lame. You guys want to really make your loyal players feel appreciated?
      Then give us Zen and Dilithium. Give us XP boosts, tech upgrades, and VR mats. Give us stuff that everyone can use and benefit from. To give you an example of how more respected developers reward their players loyalty, Wargaming recently gave me Gold, their zen equivalent plus valuable consumable packs and free premium play time which is also very valuable. I got these things from them and I didn't have to do anything at all to get them other than log into my account. That's free. Really free. No hoops to jump through, no junk that nobody wants. Just a gift of real value.

Cryptic, your not my friend nor my family so no, it's not the thought that counts. Show your players they're valued by gifting them with things of value.
    • Options
      darthlogicdarthlogic Member Posts: 16 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      zulisvel wrote: »
      I'm looking forward to people complaining that the daily giveaway is something they've already bought or that there isn't enough stuff for Romulans, thus the event is "RUINED FOREVER! :mad:" :D

Ditto. Come on people. STOP COMPLAINING!
    • Options
      questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      zulisvel wrote: »
      I'm looking forward to people complaining that the daily giveaway is something they've already bought or that there isn't enough stuff for Romulans, thus the event is "RUINED FOREVER! :mad:" :D

At this point there IS an above average chance that the giveaway will be an item i already have in my inventory. Barring costumes since i never purchase those.

It's the thought that counts though.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • Options
      szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      questerius wrote: »
      At this point there IS an above average chance that the giveaway will be an item i already have in my inventory. Barring costumes since i never purchase those.

It's the thought that counts though.

That's why I would like to see service tokens as part of the giveaway. Who couldn't use 2 additional character slots or free bank, doff, boff or ship slots? It's not as "sexy" as a new costume or bridge but I think everybody would appreciate it.
    • Options
      tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      betayuya wrote: »
      is this like grey goo wall with a llRezObject(); limit? :S

*giggles*

i dont think the lsl / grey goo reference was caught by all.
    • Options
      starfoxnlstarfoxnl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      STO gave so much things away the last 4 years. wonder what you could still give to us we do not have yet (ok.. tier 5 and 6 ships) :rolleyes:

at least always nice to get free items. :D
      "Launch data androids, full spread!"
      (thought came to mind after the scene in "nemesis")
    • Options
      gabesoutogabesouto Member Posts: 46 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      Thanks for the giveaways. That's all I have to say.
    • Options
      dorlos2dorlos2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      I've got enough free gameclient.exe crashes over the last few weeks... so every different free giveaway is really welcome for the sake variety :rolleyes:
    • Options
      oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      Free stuff is always good.

I find is something of a surprise they haven't announced what's going to be given away on day one.
    • Options
      tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      i reckon there is a good chance the worf sash and stache could be included in this milestone anniversary giveaway.
    • Options
      sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      Here are some good freebies that would never get old (for most.players)...

* 5 specialization point box

* ship upgrade token

* 2 superior upgrade tokens

* 5k dilithium ore

** 1 free lockbox ship (random and tradeable)... that will never happen....

Just a few (or only one) would be a nice surprise.
    • Options
      garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      WHAT HAPPENED TO SURVİVAL OF THE FİTTEST? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RİCH GETTİNG RİCHER AND THE POOR GETTİNG POORER? WHAT HAPPENED TO PURE, UNADULTERATED GREED? :mad:

BLESSED EXCHEQUER, FORGİVE US. YOUR CHİLDREN HAVE GONE ASTRAY. :eek:

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/7x24/dogsorwar_376.jpg
    • Options
      dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      szim wrote: »
      That's why I would like to see service tokens as part of the giveaway. Who couldn't use 2 additional character slots or free bank, doff, boff or ship slots? It's not as "sexy" as a new costume or bridge but I think everybody would appreciate it.

Listening to the whining of the forums, you'd think that the last thing anyone would want are extra character slots and the associated grind that comes with them...

Though bank, inventory, etc. slots are always welcome. Who knows, now that they've done gone and made that "promotions" tab, it could happen... :)
      Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
    • Options
      sirtexassirsirtexassir Member Posts: 2 Arc User
      edited January 2015

Yes, I'd like the ability to convert First Officer to playable Captain...(I will NEVER stop beating that horse. LOL :P )

I play solo a lot and being able to turn some of my bridge officer and assign them to other ships that toon up with me for PVE would rock. I would actually keep more ships in my dock just for that. Even if it was restricted to only T-5 and below ships.
    • Options
      stevegallantstevegallant Member Posts: 9 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      Sorry, I know this isn't about the Anniversary... feel free to move it to another forum. But I noticed a few posters mentioning their wish-lists...

Perhaps for the next major update, I'd like to see:

(1) Ability to fly / navigate your ship from the bridge, and to see real events/surroundings on the viewscreen.

(2) The entire Sol system rendered, and navigable, with accurate planetary orbits. I think it would be very cool to fly to Saturn, for example, or to the Martian Colonies. (They could set up an HQ there, even.)

Cheers to all. :cool:
    • Options
      questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      Sorry, I know this isn't about the Anniversary... feel free to move it to another forum. But I noticed a few posters mentioning their wish-lists...

Perhaps for the next major update, I'd like to see:

(1) Ability to fly / navigate your ship from the bridge, and to see real events/surroundings on the viewscreen.

(2) The entire Sol system rendered, and navigable, with accurate planetary orbits. I think it would be very cool to fly to Saturn, for example, or to the Martian Colonies. (They could set up an HQ there, even.)

Cheers to all. :cool:

1. It's not the first time this is asked, but since the bridge is considered a separate map it is possible to pilot your ship from the bridge.

2. It'd be cool, but a lot of work. Don't expect something like this in the next 3-4 years.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • Options
      aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      I wonder after five years, if I'll actually get a darn thing out of this spiel. :P
    • Options
      peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      Free stuff is always good.

I find is something of a surprise they haven't announced what's going to be given away on day one.

They never do until it is actually up.
      It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
    • Options
      lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      garaks31 wrote: »
      WHAT HAPPENED TO SURVİVAL OF THE FİTTEST? WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RİCH GETTİNG RİCHER AND THE POOR GETTİNG POORER? WHAT HAPPENED TO PURE, UNADULTERATED GREED? :mad:

BLESSED EXCHEQUER, FORGİVE US. YOUR CHİLDREN HAVE GONE ASTRAY. :eek:

http://ds9.trekcore.com/gallery/albums/7x24/dogsorwar_376.jpg

What. The. Fu*k?
      Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
      Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
    • Options
      breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
      edited January 2015
      They never do until it is actually up.

Nah, the big surprise is that it will be a KDF-focused giveaway this time, in an attempt to improve player spending on multi-faction play by giving folks something to try out over there. Of course it will be one free C-Store ship per tier other than T6, since that might get folks through the leveling process and interested in spending on KDF T6 ships and low-tier ships/special consoles. Oh, and day one will include a Klingon Academy costume unlock, day three will be the Vandal as a real push to get folks spending where they might not have otherwise (and KDF players will have mostly purchased it anyway), while day five will make the Dahar Master longcoat available for purchase in the C-Store at a one-time discount price of half-off in addition to the ship! The gain outweighs the cost, from their perspective, as they are either giving away things that would never have been purchased in the first place or are already owned by those that would do so.

Really, that's totally it. :P
      Ym9x9Ji.png
      meimeitoo wrote: »
      I do not like Geko ether.
      iconians wrote: »
      With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​