test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anniversary Giveaway!

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited January 2015 in Galactic News Network [PC]
For our final giveaway, we want Captains to be able to celebrate the anniversary in style! Want to look sharp for your next date on Risa or be the best-dressed captain in Quark’s? You need this costume pack! This pack includes new suits, ties, shoes, skirts, tops and jewelry options:

For more information about the giveaway, read our blog here!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    We'd love it if you'd give away some free bug fixes too!

But seriously, thanks.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How is this connected to the borg near the bajoran wormhole?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Don't fall for it! It's just them sugarcoating the impending nerfs! :P
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How about giving away a very large pack of experience and specialization points?

EACH DAY!
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I doubt there will be anything given away next week that I don't already have.

But, I guess it's the thought that counts.

<shrug>
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • druhindruhin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    daveyny wrote: »
    How about giving away a very large pack of experience and specialization points?

EACH DAY!

How about fixing a ton of bugs... EACH DAY!

Seriously, it's been 5 years now, and there are still bugs in this game that have been around since before STO launched back in 2010.
  • ehrlehnehrlehn Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Even if I already have the items, thank you.

Derrick - Fed Eng
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Free giveaways are always welcome and appreciated...or should I say, "GRATEFULLY ACCEPTED, we will need it".

Something to look forward to next week.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • elothoxelothox Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    daveyny wrote: »

EACH DAY!

This... all of this. (but they only work in the Delta Quadrant... lol free xp is ok, so long as it's in the Delta Quadrant, anywhere else would be an exploit)

I'd like to see some mid tier (2/3) ships that have interesting consoles or ship costumes. In addition to the "let's give out a bridge pack and costume that no one uses!"
  • chronodreamchronodream Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hmm I was hoping for another mission driven prize like the Enterprise C (Ambassador Class). :(
    Especially since this is the 5th Anniversary – that’s really BIG! :D
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    hypl wrote: »
    Don't fall for it! It's just them sugarcoating the impending nerfs! :P

More like"lubing" the incoming nerfs.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Captains! Star Trek Online wants to thank all of you for making these last 5 years amazing! We're kicking off our anniversary celebrations early starting next week, with tons of free gifts for you to enjoy!

For more information about the giveaway, read our blog here!

~LaughingTrendy

guess what?..... TRIBBLE it!
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    druhin wrote: »
    How about fixing a ton of bugs... EACH DAY!

Seriously, it's been 5 years now, and there are still bugs in this game that have been around since before STO launched back in 2010.
    This.

No idea why everyone's so desperate for spec points.
  • ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited January 2015
    Last year was decent - especially for the F2P players. The gifts were ok ;)

It's a nice gesture on Cryptics behalf. Could be worse - they could just ignore us ;)
  • zulisvelzulisvel Member Posts: 518 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I'm looking forward to people complaining that the daily giveaway is something they've already bought or that there isn't enough stuff for Romulans, thus the event is "RUINED FOREVER! :mad:" :D
  • fenris357fenris357 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    im looking forward to it. it'll be my first anniversary bash so im kinda excited. im hoping for a boost for the klingons? maybe

honestly though happy birthday sto
  • rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    As much as I could see this as a way to "sugar coat" the nerfs coming our way, I will instead look at this in the manner in which I'm sure at least one person in the decision making process intended.

Thank you for the free items, even if I already have them. The sentiment is appreciated.

Now, as for those nerfs...
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    A nice gesture on the part of pwe/cryptic. Even if I do already have the items in the giveaway. Remember, they are not required to give anything away. Some people will benefit from this. Like I did for the past anniversaries.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Giveaways and free items are always welcomed and appreciated, so thank you very much! I just hope they include items I have not yet received... :)

I am also grateful for the changes in the R&D stuff as well as the addition of the Foundry missions.

All this aside though, you've got me in a panic about your changes to the STF rewards and timegates...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • wanderintxwanderintx Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hoping Klingon players might get the Kamarag as a store unlock like the Feds got the Ambassador a while back. These giveaways are always nice. Wish they didn't feel needed given the discontent that players appear to be feeling.
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I mean, thank you for offering these things for free.

But what this ultimately means is the Anniversary ship is a grindfest. Yaaaay.

Would really prefer it if we didn't have to grind for it. Just hope there's an account-wide discount on this one once one character gets it.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope they giveaway the license to a more reputable studio that is what I am hoping.
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Free stuff is very much appreciated
    Thank you
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well, this potentially answers the "I wanted a faction specific ship" woes. Nothing to complain about on that front now.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I like free stuff.
    Thank you !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abdeziel9abdeziel9 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Another week of giveaways, another week I'm out of town working.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited January 2015
    Can't complain about free giveaways, though, I hope that at least one or two of the items are ones I don't already have.

Regardless of if I have any of them or not... Thank you! :)
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    well you have to admit... half (over half?) the roms got screwed the last ship giveaway since it was T5 for Fed/KDF and only the Fed version could be claimed by Roms since that was an event ship. Rom-KDF got a big FU and go away from Cryptic.
  • cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I too appreciate the anniversary giveaway.

Even if I end-up not being able to take advantage of any of the item(s) I will still appreciate the offer.

If the past is any indication they usually like to build-up to the biggest giveaway for the last day.

Have they ever had an option like "choose your giveaway reward" like they do for mission rewards?

That might alleviate & still offer viable gifts for those that may already have the giveaway prize.

An option like that wouldn't have to be another C-Store item, but perhaps a Dilithium package or something for an example of multiple opportunities.

That way, no matter what, everybody gets a little something as a gift.
  • walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I hope they giveaway the license to a more reputable studio that is what I am hoping.

I hope you lose your job too. :)
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.