Comments

• tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    red matter for everyone :)

You mean Grey matter for Cryptic? ;)
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Anything free is always nice.

Bound to be some costumes given away as they did last time and as I never buy these I'm certain i'll be happy in that respect.

Also be nice if any free ships you give out are not just reused from previous giveaways like the Ambassador was last time. It's nice to get free things but don't give the same stuff each time or it will loose the appeal the giveaway has for many players.

Heck i'd just be happy with a couple of skill respec tokens to be honest.
    SulMatuul.png
  • betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tinead51 wrote: »
    You mean Grey matter for Cryptic? ;)

is this like grey goo wall with a llRezObject(); limit? :S

*giggles*
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    is this like it's free on the c-store for all for that hour/day? or is it a watch livestream repaert what we said to repeat and maybe you get the code? cause the you have done it both ways. and the blog does not specify.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • steaensteaen Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rjewkes wrote: »
    is this like it's free on the c-store for all for that hour/day? or is it a watch livestream repaert what we said to repeat and maybe you get the code? cause the you have done it both ways. and the blog does not specify.

Going from previous times when this has been done, the former.
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    elbourt wrote: »
    ...Cryptic refund some Zen to people that paid good money for the ships they decide to give away. If you are eventually going to give away the ships what is the incentive to buy them with Zen ? If I just wait I will get them eventually anyway. It is great for those players that have not bought anything thru the store but I know personally I have spent more on this game than any game I have ever played before, and that was before I knew about the Zen/Dil store not that I use it either. Waiting like all the rest to see what they have in store for us this year.

Um you got it sooner then the freebie guy. I mean if you buy a new car for 45k nd a week later it's on sale for 35k do you go back for a refund from the dealer/manafacturer? how about 35 years later when some kid buy's the same model used for 500.00 do you run to the dealer and demand a refund? then why demand one from cryptic?

The reward of buying it at price from the store before it is given away is, 1) it may never be given away
    2.) you get it as soon as you want it.

The freebie guy had to wait forever to recieve the item.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Will the free items be constant or will they change from day to day, until the 29th? I hope they will make a list and post it so we will know what is free and not free, if there is a selection.
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    raj011 wrote: »
    Will the free items be constant or will they change from day to day, until the 29th? I hope they will make a list and post it so we will know what is free and not free, if there is a selection.

FYI: Each item(s) will be announced starting Monday and claimable for free till the same time the next day where they will announce the next item. This will be the pattern for the Monday 10:00 Pacific through to Thursday 10:00am Pacific.
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • zivilynsothzivilynsoth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    TWOK uniform, please?

Otherwise, thank you STO team!

Member since November 2012
  • knightnbluknightnblu Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happy 5th anniversary, STO!! I look forward to the next five years.
  • czertik123czertik123 Member Posts: 1,122 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    will you give some c-store stuff - as (extra) bonus for free from former actions for case that we missed it and/or completly new players ?
  • doggpatchdoggpatch Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    fenris357 wrote: »
    im looking forward to it. it'll be my first anniversary bash so im kinda excited. im hoping for a boost for the klingons? maybe

honestly though happy birthday sto

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaaa......u funny.......
  • unclefester166unclefester166 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How about 100 Zen or so just for loggin on each day? 4-7 days of that could & should please anyone & everyone. It's not like they'd be losing, only rewarding us with a means to let everyone spend on what they want or need.
    I am also admittedly somewhat suspicious regarding the ambiguity of the gifts - or has there perhaps been a list unearthed somewhere that I am currently unaware of? Why no hype only a day or two prior?
    I fear the irony here may be that the giveaway will be more beneficial to F2P players, rather people who have stuck around 5 years, as many veterans will either, already own some or all of what is tossed their way OR not care much at all (i.e. if they wanted it in the first place- they would have likely bought it before this giveaway)
    Unless there is a new mission/story arc/ship/gear/ability/etc. component to this anniversary soire' I predict a limp response & quite a few yawns from some of the oldtimers.

I do not own a Red Matter Capacitor. If I did, I think I would somewhat resent the fact that Cryptic was now giving them away for free to everyone.(not like that will EVER happen anyway....) That being said, I can also secretly wish for one or 12 for myself....MUAHAHAH!

:eek:

pigeonslayer
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    rrawtt wrote: »
    I have heard that some nut case has suggested canelling N.W.S. in star trek??? Whomever it was please take him and shove him out the nearest air lock, before he has a chance to reproduce...

You cancel N.W.S. I am heading to old Roberts space industries. Me and my money...

Cheers.:D
    James Rrawtt
    Viper Group Omega.

If they remove No Win Scenario then this game will be removed of my hard drive this is probably why they are offering the freebies as they are trying to soften the outcry of people kicking off regarding content removal
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    How about something for Romulans this time? No idea why they never get anything in these giveaways.
  • djgalaxy3000djgalaxy3000 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Still mad that I spent 40 bucks to get that Elachi dreadnought ship and did notget it...my hard working money went down the drain:rolleyes:..But thanks for the free things sto, happy good one
  • djgalaxy3000djgalaxy3000 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happy Birthday..For this 5th Anniversary can you please make the following upgrades to sto: 1. upgrade the grafics of sto closer to the actual tv series to make the experience more real, where if not careful, we could actually damage our ship in any type of collision. 2. Make the game a true autonomous one where there are no restrictions on who we can target, leave it to the descretion of the gamers to either be good and get the bad guys or be naughty and phaser a fellow starfleet vessel. 3rd and last, could you add mini games such as racing games resembling that of Mario go cart? in this sense you can have shuttles or ships in racing competitions with each other, firing torpedos and phasers at one another to slow down the one who is ahead. I hope i dont come off as anarchis but having these awesome additions will make sto the best game everrrr!! trust me:D
  • chaelkchaelk Member Posts: 5,727 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Happy Birthday..For this 5th Anniversary can you please make the following upgrades to sto:
    1. upgrade the grafics of sto closer to the actual tv series to make the experience more real, where if not careful, we could actually damage our ship in any type of collision. yes, it's embarressing when you get stuck in an asteroid.

2. Make the game a true autonomous one where there are no restrictions on who we can target, leave it to the descretion of the gamers to either be good and get the bad guys or be naughty and phaser a fellow starfleet vessel.NO to open world PvP

3rd and last, could you add mini games such as racing games resembling that of Mario go cart? in this sense you can have shuttles or ships in racing competitions with each other, firing torpedos and phasers at one another to slow down the one who is ahead. I hope i dont come off as anarchis but having these awesome additions will make sto the best game everrrr!! trust me:DSaid Inspector Sledge Hammer, shortly beforing FAILING to disarm the nuclear bomb

Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    5e4fd3cb-b728-4870-849c-b007bccaf5e9_zpsqomajucn.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cers001cers001 Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    now this I like, may not be useful to the long tearm members but for the new members it priemieum stuff that's free, I know I can be angry at the devs. when its justified but this I give you credit for it nice work
    CVN-65 U.S.S. Enterprise - A ship so badass it survived John McCain.
  • scotsladscotslad Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Unlikely alot of people will get any of these items since they give things like this away via a code that is only given during the live stream on twitch so if you don't have a twitch account or are ingame when the code is given you miss out. As with most games, it's only the die hard gamer that get these and also regulars. So I will say congrats to those of you who get these items and i'll continue to plod along with the basic game
    I am not a complete idiot, just part of me is missing! I have Aspergers (Autistic Spectrum Disorder), I stick to the rules, if I see a glitch, I report it, if I see abuse I report it. This is me, this is how I am and cannot deviate from it to keep others happy. My characters Scott@tallon2k , Dillel@tallon2k ,Selu@tallon2k
    My personal site scotslad.webs.com
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    scotslad wrote: »
    Unlikely alot of people will get any of these items since they give things like this away via a code that is only given during the live stream on twitch so if you don't have a twitch account or are ingame when the code is given you miss out. As with most games, it's only the die hard gamer that get these and also regulars. So I will say congrats to those of you who get these items and i'll continue to plod along with the basic game

What has happened in the past where this type of giveraway is concerned is that on the day the item is up you go to the c-store and the claim button is lit up, instead of a buy x zen, and you just click and claim.

This means everyone can get them.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    decronia wrote: »
    What has happened in the past where this type of giveraway is concerned is that on the day the item is up you go to the c-store and the claim button is lit up, instead of a buy x zen, and you just click and claim.

This means everyone can get them.

Either that, or the item(s) of the day will show up under that relatively new "promotions" tab, so we can get some of those dismissible/repurchasable things that one free time during the promotion...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • danieluniversaldanieluniversal Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I know that probably is not going to happen, but I personaly would like them to give for 4 us all that Red Matter Capacitor, or something like that!

But Free stuff, is free stuff! No reason to complain!

Even if came just things that I already have, who don't have the stuff and get it, can became a more useful team member on a PVE and that will be good for us all!

And, really, congrats for the devs by all their work, even more for the ships developer, vessels like the Guardian Class, Pathfinder and the Aelahl Warbird, are really awesome, and with lots of details, that really shows the effort of the devs to make STO a great experience for us all!

And I think that what ever came to be the anniversary ship, even seen the leaks, will be great! Because it has every thing to do with DR!

And to the ones complaining about bugs, ok, there are bugs in STO, and really, I know that and am really sad with some of them, but almost every game has bugs, but lets enjoy the game!
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I know that probably is not going to happen, but I personaly would like them to give for 4 us all that Red Matter Capacitor, or something like that!

But Free stuff, is free stuff! No reason to complain!

Even if came just things that I already have, who don't have the stuff and get it, can became a more useful team member on a PVE and that will be good for us all!

And, really, congrats for the devs by all their work, even more for the ships developer, vessels like the Guardian Class, Pathfinder and the Aelahl Warbird, are really awesome, and with lots of details, that really shows the effort of the devs to make STO a great experience for us all!

And I think that what ever came to be the anniversary ship, even seen the leaks, will be great! Because it has every thing to do with DR!

And to the ones complaining about bugs, ok, there are bugs in STO, and really, I know that and am really sad with some of them, but almost every game has bugs, but lets enjoy the game!

That'd be nice especially since the last few times they gave RMC were twitch broadcasts in the middle of the freaking night.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    That'd be nice especially since the last few times they gave RMC were twitch broadcasts in the middle of the freaking night.

Lrn2timezone.
  • gaulltgaullt Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    orangeitis wrote: »
    This.

No idea why everyone's so desperate for spec points.

when you pick up a red alert for borg and about 1/3 the time the mission offer never pops up and about half the time the boss ship fails to spawn. It is like having a house full of cockroaches and being proud of it........
    If the completion rates on those are sucky, now you know why- about 1/2 the time I warp out and drop mission........

There is all sorts of clipping between the weapon on the back and armor, I see it on not only my own toon but a bunch of others. In Defera Battlezone, switching from gun to melee weapon has disconcerting or hilarious results, then it is just annoying........

When in a fire fight I will finish firing on one target and be on another target yet my beam graphic from the weapon is on yet a third target for the first 1 or 2 volleys........ Sometime it is a glitch, other times it is for real, and I die due to your glitch.

I will be the only toon in sight, yet the full auto barrage, or grenade going out glitches about 1 in 10 times........

As much money as you are making from the lockboxes, you should be able to fix this stuff, how about an expansion pack- Commander Data's Retrofit, where you rewrite your base code (If needed) from the ground up to fix this annoying junk?
    The Universe is a messy place, You are born a mess. Sustaining life usually involves cleaning up messes. You die and usually are a mess then too. All of these messes usually involve some blood- get over it.
  • northstar121403northstar121403 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    One of the many here that appreciate the gesture. Yes, almost everything previously given away I have already purchased. But that's because, until recently, I had an income that allowed me to make full use of the C-Store. So...

Yes, I'd like the persistent and/or recurring bugs FIXED...(after 5 years it gets annoying for you too, I'm sure)

Yes, I'd like coveted the RMC...(my luck on Twitch is symbolic of why I don't gamble! LOL)

Yes, I'd like to get a few of those lockbox ships

Yes, I'd like to get a bunch of XP/CXP/Spec points...(OR plenty of boosts!)

Yes, I'd like enough lobi to fill a Yellowstone Runabout from bow to stern

Yes, I'd like the ability to convert First Officer to playable Captain...(I will NEVER stop beating that horse. LOL :P )

In the end, though, from when I first purchased the game at PX in Germany back in February 2010 up till now, I've never been dissatisfied with the game itself. I'm happy for the continuing gaming experience and still eagerly look forward to what's to come. Yes, I'm sure that the giveaways will be stuff I have/don't need. Regardless, I'm sure that many of the newer players will benefit from the giveaways. I'm happy to have a game who's dev's even bother DOING these giveaways!

Keep up the good work...and Happy Birthday! Here's to another 5 years!
    Making Borg go *BOOM* since May 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    depends whats on offer and if it would draw any attention long enough to log in, claim it and log out afterwards.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • piotrtiberiuspiotrtiberius Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There's no reason to complain about free gifts. I'll appreciate them, whatever they are.

Flawed or not, STO has improved a lot since I first registered. And I'll probably keep coming back to it for a long time.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For me personally, the best free give-away ever was the Nebula T5(U) starship. I don't think they will ever top that again. Anyways, the free stuff is always appreciated, even if it's unpopular stuff. Remember, they are not obligated to give us anything free.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!