What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Anniversary Giveaway!

Comments

• Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Nah, the big surprise is that it will be a KDF-focused giveaway this time, in an attempt to improve player spending on multi-faction play by giving folks something to try out over there. Of course it will be one free C-Store ship per tier other than T6, since that might get folks through the leveling process and interested in spending on KDF T6 ships and low-tier ships/special consoles. Oh, and day one will include a Klingon Academy costume unlock, day three will be the Vandal as a real push to get folks spending where they might not have otherwise (and KDF players will have mostly purchased it anyway), while day five will make the Dahar Master longcoat available for purchase in the C-Store at a one-time discount price of half-off in addition to the ship! The gain outweighs the cost, from their perspective, as they are either giving away things that would never have been purchased in the first place or are already owned by those that would do so.

Really, that's totally it. :P

This would be hilariously epic trolling on the part of the devs. The only thing more epic would be a free Scimitar giveaway, then nerfing the bejeezus out of it in a week.
  • Options
    auleius12auleius12 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    sinn74 wrote: »
    This would be hilariously epic trolling on the part of the devs. The only thing more epic would be a free Scimitar giveaway, then nerfing the bejeezus out of it in a week.

I hope that there would be a romulan dreadnought bundle, odyssey bundle and bortasqu bundle giveaway :D
    I'm a doctor not an escalator
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,423 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    auleius12 wrote: »
    I hope that there would be a romulan dreadnought bundle, odyssey bundle and bortasqu bundle giveaway :D

At least there would be no discussion that in that deal the Federation got shafted.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Think of all the really useful stuff they could give away? You peeps thinking hard? Now... forget that, and think about all the not so useful stuff they will end up giving us.

Now, sit back and watch all the fanboi's TRIBBLE and moan about how we all should be so grateful cos Craptics giving away free stuffs, like thats all they've got to be worried about. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    inthefluxxinthefluxx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I wonder if they will give us extra character slots?
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    tinead51 wrote: »
    Think of all the really useful stuff they could give away? You peeps thinking hard? Now... forget that, and think about all the not so useful stuff they will end up giving us.

Now, sit back and watch all the fanboi's TRIBBLE and moan about how we all should be so grateful cos Craptics giving away free stuffs, like thats all they've got to be worried about. :rolleyes:

Regardless of whether it's a "Thank you," "We're distracting you from x," or "sorry," or even a "here's some free TRIBBLE no one seems to want" reason, it's still free stuff. Complaining about it is childish and petty.

"But you only gave me free pizza because you didn't feel like cooking! WAAAAAH"
  • Options
    kozar2kozar2 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Were we given a key sale :confused:
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    kozar2 wrote: »
    Were we given a key sale :confused:

No. It's an R&D pack
    They just edited the old post rather than make a new one.

edit

aaaand it seems it isn't in the store. derp!
    I need a beer.

• Options
    spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 358 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    It's in the "promotions" section
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    For our first giveaway, we’re celebrating by giving out an exclusive Research and Development Pack! This R&D pack is loaded up with all sorts of materials, components, catalysts, and more for Captains to advance in their latest projects! This pack is redeemable once per account for Captains, so grab yours up today!
  • Options
    geekasylumgeekasylum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    No. It's an R&D pack
    aaaand it seems it isn't in the store. derp!

It's in the "promotions" section

Its in there *now* but it took them about 15 minutes to get it in there. I bet they wont be as tardy when the promotion ends.
    --
    Player since July 2010. KDF Sci: 11,230 Accolade Points as at Jan 2015
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    geekasylum wrote: »
    Its in there *now* but it took them about 15 minutes to get it in there. I bet they wont be as tardy when the promotion ends.

Oh wow. A whole fifteen minutes? I hope someone gets it in the neck over *that*...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    stormstrykestormstryke Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Once per account. Kind of takes a bit away from it.
    _____

Lifetime no longer gives a forum title. That should be updated on the Lifetime page that mentions what you get. PMing the CSR doesn't work neither.
  • Options
    lordbane2110lordbane2110 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Well that's underwhelming, I was hoping for a tier 1 or 2 ship, and I get.....

A R&D pack......

and whoop de doo

:(
  • Options
    captfabulouscaptfabulous Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited January 2015

A R&D pack......

and whoop de doo

And only ONE per ACCOUNT.
  • Options
    captainransomcaptainransom Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Free is free, thank you.
    giphy.gif

"It's easy to cling to principles when you're standing on a vessel with its bulkheads intact, manned by a crew that's not starving."

• Options
    dcgregg1dcgregg1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Just what I wanted an R&D pack.... Sucks, lets see what tomorrow brings.... Prob a Commendation Point Boost (Small)....
  • Options
    geekasylumgeekasylum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    walshicus wrote: »
    Oh wow. A whole fifteen minutes? I hope someone gets it in the neck over *that*...

If its a 24 hour item, it should be available for 24 hours, not 23 hours and 45 minutes. If they, like you, thought these things are unimportant, and did this all week, Thats over an hour of access that we lose to these items. It soon scales up. The little things matter, because unattended, they soon become big things. They need to know these things are noticed, hence my earlier post.
    --
    Player since July 2010. KDF Sci: 11,230 Accolade Points as at Jan 2015
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Free is free, thank you.

True enough. Thank you, PWE! :)
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the free sample. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    jagdhippiesjagdhippies Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited January 2015

A R&D pack......

and whoop de doo

Personally I would rather get a free R&D pack than a uniform that I would never equip. Works for me, because it is free
    My carrier is more powerful than your gal-dread
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks for the R&D pack Mickey...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    yay!! this was a great (and useful) give away!!
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thanks, I didn't expect things like the consumables were on the menu. Cool, as others have said, its universally helpful, unlike the costumes which some might already have.

Appreciated, and I do look forward to the rest of the week.
  • Options
    lordbane2110lordbane2110 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Yeah but remember last year, we got Deep Space Nine Uniform, The KDF tier 3 raptor, And the Miranda

I missed out on the rank 40 versions, as I didn't have time to lvl before

it's like they don't want people to play this anymore
  • Options
    purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Did I miss something?

Current time is 1845 GMT, which translates to 1245 CST (IE: Cryptic's time?) Yet the pack is still 300 zen?
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    purvee1 wrote: »
    Did I miss something?

Current time is 1845 GMT, which translates to 1245 CST (IE: Cryptic's time?) Yet the pack is still 300 zen?

The free one is under Promotions.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    nimrod5nimrod5 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Not sure I'll ever use it, but free is free and lots of people will like it.

Hoping for some ships and even uniforms in the next few days. Bound to be something fun, even if it is something to make one of my characters look ridiculous (It's one way to pass insomnia induced mornings :) )
  • Options
    purvee1purvee1 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    The free one is under Promotions.

Ta very much.
  • Options
    jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    nimrod5 wrote: »
    Not sure I'll ever use it, but free is free and lots of people will like it.

Hoping for some ships and even uniforms in the next few days. Bound to be something fun, even if it is something to make one of my characters look ridiculous (It's one way to pass insomnia induced mornings :) )

Open it, and put all of the items on the exchange. Depending on what you get, should be worth a couple million EC or more.