What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I only looked on one Fed char, but I checked both him and all his BOffs. the guys had open short and long, the girls had open long and closed short.

I just checked this out myself and I found the exact same thing. Males have open long and short, females have open long and closed short.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    lordkhoraklordkhorak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Beard options screwed. Goatee, in this example, though it was doing it on almost all the available beard options. There's a second colour option square which presumably shouldn't even exist, as indicated. It defaulted to brown, but after being changed it remained brown, and results in the bug.

GoateeBug.jpg

Criminal lack of taste of user is feature, not bug.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I was awarded with a new Boff at LV 55, and I chose the Human Male Science one.

At the Tailor, his eyebrows (standard) and hair (different styles) colours are linked together.

Didnt try beards.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Found another one:

If my female BOffs wear the Enterprise Mirror universe uniform skin is showing through on the shoulders and the neck. Didn´t notice that before.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The following should be in-game, Zaranite face mask, other TMP era head pieces.
    Gorn clothes from ENT mirrior episode and TOS, and something original/modern as well. Different leg appearance for Tellarites, Caitian, and Ferasan.

One more thing I just thought of is giving Gorn hands like the Voth. Ok, now that's all.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    captz1pp wrote: »
    The following should be in-game, Zaranite face mask, other TMP era head pieces.
    Gorn clothes from ENT mirrior episode and TOS, and something original/modern as well. Different leg appearance for Tellarites, Caitian, and Ferasan.

That is all.

I would take digitgrade legs for the cat species even if it meant not being able to use shoes for it.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    eh, who needs shoes anyway? plenty of people got by just fine without them for thousands of years...hell, when their bones were unearthed and examined, they had far healthier feet than anyone alive today! except cody lundin
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    lordkhoraklordkhorak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I would take digitgrade legs for the cat species even if it meant not being able to use shoes for it.

I thought digitgrade legs would be a given, as I'm still taking M'Ress as what a Caitian is. Since she's the only Caitian Star Trek has definitively shown on-screen.

Anything else would be like looking at the only Tosk we've ever seen on-screen and making them hamsters or something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Callevista is there any reason you guys reduced the maximum thickness on legs, hips, and hip depth? It was noticeable for those of us who were using the maximum settings.

I could actually deal with digitigrade with hooves, unguligrade, for my alien character as well.

On the subject of aliens, where are the Suliban Boffs?
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Callevista is there any reason you guys reduced the maximum thickness on legs, hips, and hip depth? It was noticeable for those of us who were using the maximum settings.

I could actually deal with digitigrade with hooves, unguligrade, for my alien character as well.

On the subject of aliens, where are the Suliban Boffs?

Yeah, I never understood why Suliban wasn't offered as a playable race along with Legacy of Romulus.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yeah, I never understood why Suliban wasn't offered as a playable race along with Legacy of Romulus.
    There's a pic that went around where someone made an alien player character up to look Suliban in the LoR beta on Tribble.

It kinda makes you wonder.... Maybe at some point in development they were planning on adding Suliban and Acamarians but changed their minds?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    lordkhorak wrote: »
    I thought digitgrade legs would be a given, as I'm still taking M'Ress as what a Caitian is. Since she's the only Caitian Star Trek has definitively shown on-screen.

Anything else would be like looking at the only Tosk we've ever seen on-screen and making them hamsters or something.

You would think.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    lordkhorak wrote: »

There were two Caitians in the original films too, I think it was The Voyage Home there was a Caitian Admiral and a Caitian Federation council member.

I'm ignoring completely the JJ Abrams ****ty 'Caitians' which didn't even have fur or look remotely like cats other than that they had tails.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    edited November 2014
    There's a pic that went around where someone made an alien player character up to look Suliban in the LoR beta on Tribble.

It kinda makes you wonder.... Maybe at some point in development they were planning on adding Suliban and Acamarians but changed their minds?

Well, I made a sort of pseudo-Suliban with the Alien Generator, and I guess you could do the same with Acamarians.

If they're not willing or able to give us official alien races as player characters, then I wish they'd expand the number of available parts in the alien generator. That plus maybe more genetic resequencer Traits. I made, in my opinion, a pretty convincing Hirogen with the Alien Generator and the Hirogen Armor. Put the Hirogen genetic resequencer Traits on him and he pretty much functions like an authentic Hirogen.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    edited November 2014

What makes it all the worse is that in what I think was DStahl's last Ask Cryptic, and the only time I got a question answer, he specifically gave my question about Suliban officers a "Highly Likely". I was hoping it would be in the next season or something. The fact that he answered me instead of just glossing over the question gave me hope...a year later..nothin. If they aren't going to do actual Suliban boffs for all factions, or put them in the embassy, they could at least put the parts in the alien generator. The skin texture alone would be enough.

Here, it is old of course. http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=902711
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Caitians and Ferasans cannot use their tails with the new costumes. Same issue like we had with dyson armor. Why does this keep happening? They cannot use furred hands either, only bare or gloved with the club wear.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Caitians and Ferasans cannot use their tails with the new costumes. Same issue like we had with dyson armor. Why does this keep happening? They cannot use furred hands either, only bare or gloved with the club wear.

My experience is that for the Ferasans and all KDF species they can't get pants at all for the Club Outfit. For the Caitians the tail is indeed gone. I'm afraid that if they fix the problem with enabling the pants, belts and shoes for the KDF is that the tails will be gone for the Ferasans.
  • Options
    phoeniciusphoenicius Member Posts: 762 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i'd like to report on a issue.

the delta alliance armor's chest textures are borked on female characters.

see this image.

http://i.imgur.com/qHhc2Mw.jpg

the leftmost picture is with the bust slider exactly at mid range, no issues so far

the middle picture is with the bust slider at max, you can see how textures seem to be trying to "run away" from the character lol.

the right-most picture is with the bust slider at minimum, and the opposite starts to happen, the textures seem to dive inside the character's chest.

so basically we can only leave the bust slider exactly at mid-range, otherwise the textures start to go completely crazy.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Just wanted to add: The Rank pips on the Odyssey dress Uniform are still clipping, disappearing into the collar.

Here are 2 images with Rear Admiral Lower Half and Fleet Admiral Pips

http://imgur.com/V28bX4Z,WeRmpZb
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There's now a thin gap between the female TOS Romulan top and skirt. I haven't used this outfit in a while but I'm guessing it happened after the recent improvements to female character models:

Screencap

It's not as noticeable in that screen cap as it is in-game while the character is in motion, unfortunately, but you can still see through it.

Additionally, I noticed there's a new "mono" style for the TOS sashes, but there's no corresponding top to go with the female outfit, which is always checkered. I totally forgot to check the male pants to see if those had an option or not.

Edit: Male pants don't have a mono option, either. Unlike the female top, they don't really need it for the outfit to look right with a mono sash, but if the option is being provided for the sash it'd be nice for the pants.

Edit 2: The issue is with the TOS top, not the skirt, my mistake. If you switch a character using it to pants, there is still a visible gap, but if you switch tops, it goes away.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Just wanted to add: The Rank pips on the Odyssey dress Uniform are still clipping, disappearing into the collar.

Here are 2 images with Rear Admiral Lower Half and Fleet Admiral Pips

http://imgur.com/V28bX4Z,WeRmpZb

Having the same problems. I'm not even sure if it was ever resolved at all.
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    phoenicius wrote: »
    so basically we can only leave the bust slider exactly at mid-range, otherwise the textures start to go completely crazy.

It's not the texture, it's the model. The hips also have scaling problems: the slider for hip width also increases hip depth.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Having the same problems. I'm not even sure if it was ever resolved at all.

I think that if they resolved anything they did it for the Lifetimers jacket.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I noticed that (at least on my Reman-KDF) the Rom TOS outfit doesn't let females wear the pants- only the skirt. Now the skirt's nice and all, but my Reman doesn't exactly look good in it.

(to clarify, other pants options are available, just not the TOS cutoff pants and their associated boots)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I noticed that (at least on my Reman-KDF) the Rom TOS outfit doesn't let females wear the pants- only the skirt. Now the skirt's nice and all, but my Reman doesn't exactly look good in it.

(to clarify, other pants options are available, just not the TOS cutoff pants and their associated boots)
    Yeah, it would be nice to have that option.

Soo... I tinkered with the club wear on my Orion.

Exhibit A

The club top actually looks pretty good.

Exhibit B

the club version of the formal jacket has a missing part....

Also, as noted elsewhere, I do not have club pants or boots. the formal stuff can be made to be gaudy enough to fit though.

Also... the Bajoran belt. I'm not complaining that it's there... but it's it or nothing....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Klingon females are having clipping issues with the Risian Beach Comber shorts now.

I can see her underwear.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    dips62dips62 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Talaxian uniform that comes with the Lobi BOFF is a mess. My toon's butt comes out the back of the tunic in certain stances (Stern, for example), and when I walk/run, the upper leg comes straight through the front.

It's a shame - it's the closest to a decent DS9-era Romulan uniform I can find.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Klingon females are having clipping issues with the Risian Beach Comber shorts now.

I can see her underwear.

I had this issue on my Romulan, but simply loading and resaving fixed her outfit.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    I had this issue on my Romulan, but simply loading and resaving fixed her outfit.

Thanks, that seems to have fixed it. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    It's not the texture, it's the model. The hips also have scaling problems: the slider for hip width also increases hip depth.

Another issue is that at the highest levels the hip depth increases the size of the stomach too. So instead of going all into the backside, some of it creates a pooch in the lower belly that can't be countered by other settings. That and that they made the upper limit lower a couple of weeks ago.
    Yeah, it would be nice to have that option.

Soo... I tinkered with the club wear on my Orion.

Exhibit A

The club top actually looks pretty good.

Exhibit B

the club version of the formal jacket has a missing part....

Also, as noted elsewhere, I do not have club pants or boots. the formal stuff can be made to be gaudy enough to fit though.

Also... the Bajoran belt. I'm not complaining that it's there... but it's it or nothing....
    Is it normal that the Club pants and skirt don't have a shiny option?

I can see her underwear.
    Which reminds me, being able to wear portions of the Beachcomber clothes with the swimsuits make perfect sense.