Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    Hmm... That's odd, since all the previous ground rep sets have a helmet option, so why not the Delta one? I mean, would you put on an armor set, but say to yourself : " nah, I won't need that helmet"?

But I would like a link to the post where this was stated, if possible.

Yeah I don't disagree, I think it's a bit daft not having a helmet... They also don't have gloves apparently.

Sorry it took me a couple of days to track it down again, Dev tracker has been bogged down by Q's continuous babbling about his winter bug land.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1282341
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Your links are borked.

Thanks, will check it now. Never happened before
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    We were trying to smooth the shape out because certain costume parts were problematic to fit over the legs

When you reduced the max thickness on the hips and legs, did you also perhaps make the minimum width, from side-to-side, wider? Because I have several females who had narrow waists/thighs who are now looking rather wide, relatively speaking. Not liking it at all. :-(
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ferasans cannot wear Risian sunglasses but, can wear Intel glasses=TRIBBLE!

Making the winter hat an off duty outfit item, than having it completely strip away virtually all facial options and, not being able to use some 80% of all uniform options=really TRIBBLE!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Has there been any mention of when they were going to be adding the full body skins for liberated Captains and the infected complexion? I know a while back, it was said that it was on the list after a different skin, but i haven't been able to find anything on it since.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mattachine wrote: »
    Fewer? My Ferasan lost his beard, as in they don't even have that option any more, when using the hat. This needs fixing asap.
    I hadn't actually seen that when I posted it was something I heard from someone else.

I am quite firmly infuriated by the fact that my off duty hat, can't be used with my civilian Romulan Boots. This has gone too far. The off duty should be the FREE slot, you should be able to do anything, not be more restricted than uniform.

Frankly they should both be wide open.
    The off-duty type simply shouldn't exist. All that stuff should be folded into the uniform category.
    Agreed. The whole thing is too restrictive. It would be one thing if it was just for organization, but it's cutting off the pieces we can actually use together even when they logically should be used together. Like the most Ski boot looking boots in the game and the winter hat.
    callevista wrote: »
    We were trying to smooth the shape out because certain costume parts were problematic to fit over the legs

:(

Are you gonna try again? It was a noticeable loss.

That said, if you do try again, correcting it so maximum hip depth doesn't cause a little lower belly pooch, would also be a worthy goal.

That said, I'll grant that it still light years better than pre-Delta Rising.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ferasans cannot wear Risian sunglasses but, can wear Intel glasses=TRIBBLE!

Making the winter hat an off duty outfit item, than having it completely strip away virtually all facial options and, not being able to use some 80% of all uniform options=really TRIBBLE!

That has annoyed me big time too. Great that you brought it up.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mattachine wrote: »
    That has annoyed me big time too. Great that you brought it up.

Just more things for me to spam tribble forum posts with!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Ferengi jackets in the lobi store still can't be opened by a KDF character. They were left out when the off-duty options were opened up for KDF, and have never been fixed.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Happened to me for the first time:

-I have saved an outfit on a female Boff.
    -Switched to an other female Boff
    -Used the Load Costume function
    -Checked the "outfit only" box
    -Still, the second Boff turned completely into the first one, with body, face, and costume

I tried it with checking/unchecking the "outfit only" box a few times.

It worked between some male Boffs I tried.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Happened to me for the first time:

-I have saved an outfit on a female Boff.
    -Switched to an other female Boff
    -Used the Load Costume function
    -Checked the "outfit only" box
    -Still, the second Boff turned completely into the first one, with body, face, and costume

I tried it with checking/unchecking the "outfit only" box a few times.

It worked between some male Boffs I tried.

I've been having this issue constantly since LoR launched. They've never even acknowledged that it's happening whenever I've reported it. It's bloody annoying when you're trying to change all your boffs to a new uniform.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I've been having this issue constantly since LoR launched. They've never even acknowledged that it's happening whenever I've reported it. It's bloody annoying when you're trying to change all your boffs to a new uniform.

hmm, male Boffs seem to work.

Sometimes it seems to me that a lot of bugs are account/character related. I do have some bugs on my oldest Atari era character, that I do not have on my newer +-1 year characters.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    We need names of colors put in the color rows for color blind people like myself. It is very hard to tell what color is what..
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Is it normal that a ferengi toon can not wear the knitted hat?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    We need names of colors put in the color rows for color blind people like myself. It is very hard to tell what color is what..
    Seconded. Just for organization's sake. And it would be great if the colors along the different pallets that they use for different things actually matched up. H1 should be the same H1 on every color scale.

You mean to tell me that Ferengi heads are so big that a knit cap can't stretch around them? I'm already sad about how limited their face options are.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I was able to wear it on my male Ferengi toon. Though it looked so stupid that I decided against it. It clipped in around the head and the ears stuck through the side of it.
  • Options
    theroyalfamilytheroyalfamily Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Female orion necks clip with all jacket collars when turning down many of the sliders. Shoulder width, chest depth, and chest size seem to be the culprits. Very annoying for petite characters.
    Normal
    Small
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I compiled a list of current issues with the Caitian and Ferasan species.

Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.

Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.

Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.

Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses.

Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.

Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)

Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.

Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    I compiled a list of current issues with the Caitian and Ferasan species.

Current Caitian and Ferasan issues

These bugs have been found by me or reported by other users.

Caitians and Ferasans cannot use feline hands with club wear.

Cats cannot use tails with Delta Rep armor.

Winter hats do not allow female cats to use the slit eye option.

Cats cannot use the Risian sunglasses. Nor the Club Glasses.

Ferasan heads clip with the Honor Guard fur shoulders while using the stern stance.

Box to change face patterns does not always show up. (Only happening on Caitians at the moment.)

Winter hats cause Ferasans to lose their fangs, whiskers, and eyebrows. Also, it gives them the choice of fur colors such as brown, which is for Caitians only.(I have no access to beards but have the wiskers on my male Ferasan but he doesn't have the brown color bug, is it female Ferasans only maybe?)

Ferasan tails clip with Honor Guard capes.

Ferasans can't use all 4 scarves Off Duty, only the 2012 version is Off Duty, the others are Uniform only.
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I couldn't figure out why (according to some of the patch notes) it seemed like you'd fixed Trill spots, yet when I go in-game, nothing has changed. Well, tonight I finally figured it out. I accidentally switched my spots pattern and voila! It seems you did indeed fix the neck pattern for the first set of spots, called "Host." What you -didn't- do is do the same fix for the other options, "Host 2" and "Host 3." Please fix the other two spots options so they go down the neck properly too! Thanks!

Also -- the ankles/feet -- this hasn't been addressed for any of the three options. The spots end at what would be the top of the standard boots. It would be great if you'd make them go down over the ankles and feet to the toes for our costumes with bare feet. Thanks again!
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I remember seeing a Dev post in the Foundry section a few weeks back to say that the option existing is a bug as the Delta Rep armour doesn't actually have a helmet.

More like a copout, lazy excuse to not bother fixing it.

Honor Guard/Adapted Honor Guard
    MACO/Adapted MACO
    Omega
    Dyson
    Counter-Command

ALL Reputation Ground Sets have helmet options. Even the new Delta Set has the option on the pulldown menu for the set's helmet. Then Cryptic suddenly says, "Oh noes, it was never meant to have a helmet."

Straight up lie. Or laziness. Or both.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Want to see Zaranite mask, and other Kirk movie era alien bits, as well as a braid or two in the female hair list.
  • Options
    sherokhansherokhan Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Just a quick rundown from me (found so far).

Playing Lib/Borg Romulan on KDF side.

Both male and Female:
    Rom-KDF braces left and right color selection don't match.
    Klingon Honor Guard Collar missing.

Male:
    Rom-KDF boots colors pattens wrong
    Female have standard KDF brace, males don't.
    Hand got option to change hand type (human or Klingon) Think this shouldn't be here.
    Dual shoulders metal part wrong patten too.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    just thought i'd add a couple things, as requests

since the KDF has a dearth of costume options; i thought about a couple outfits used by K'ehlyr in the TNG episode "The Emissary"

namely http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/ajlobster/the%20Emissary/Screenshot2012-03-18at115825AM.png

and

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/ajlobster/the%20Emissary/Screenshot2012-03-18at120353PM.png

we can put in requests here right? not just recurring tailor bugs?
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    onyxheart1 wrote: »

since the KDF has a dearth of costume options; i thought about a couple outfits used by K'ehlyr in the TNG episode "The Emissary"

namely http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/ajlobster/the%20Emissary/Screenshot2012-03-18at115825AM.png

and

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s112/ajlobster/the%20Emissary/Screenshot2012-03-18at120353PM.png

They could do more. They could actually put in canon uniforms across Star Trek that Klingons have worn but are not represented ingame.

Would you not want to be able to have your Klingons look like they do here? Or what about General Chang's outfit from Undiscovered Country? Or Chancellor Gorkon and his entourage in the same movie? As well as his daughter Azetbur's outfit for females? Or the overcoat with awards as worn by Chancellor K'mpec? Or the uniforms worn by the Klingons in "Search For Spock" as well as the sash worn by Capt Kruge?

There's more out there.

Then there's also the uniforms and uniform accessories worn by Klingons and their allied races ingame, but are amazingly not usable by players. Even PC Nausicaans can't wear the full array of Nausicaan armor like the NPCs do.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ...we can put in requests here right? not just recurring tailor bugs?

Actually, there is a thread that is for officially requesting uniforms already. Check here...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=89087

And yes they need to add K'ehlyrs uniforms, she had to be the hottest Klingon woman in the show ever.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    It seems recently that some KDF females of varying races, to include both BOFF and player character types, have lost access to KDF Belt 01, Belt 02. I made a thread about it here. Not to mention TOS Belts and Bulky Tall Boots to match it for a TOS uniform look have been missing for KDF females since Day 1 STO.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2014

and

That would actually cover the hole left by the fact that Klingons don't have access to any kind of Seven of Nine type outfit.
    They could do more. They could actually put in canon uniforms across Star Trek that Klingons have worn but are not represented ingame.

Would you not want to be able to have your Klingons look like they do here? Or what about General Chang's outfit from Undiscovered Country? Or Chancellor Gorkon and his entourage in the same movie? As well as his daughter Azetbur's outfit for females? Or the overcoat with awards as worn by Chancellor K'mpec? Or the uniforms worn by the Klingons in "Search For Spock" as well as the sash worn by Capt Kruge?

There's more out there.

Then there's also the uniforms and uniform accessories worn by Klingons and their allied races ingame, but are amazingly not usable by players. Even PC Nausicaans can't wear the full array of Nausicaan armor like the NPCs do.
    I think that's General Koord, not K'mpec, though as I understand it, it's nothing as Koord is K'mpec's father (same actor too, K'mpec has far more complex ridges).

Agreed on all fronts, Gorkon, Chang, and Azetbur's clothes need to be placed in as the Klingon Dress Uniforms. Grant them as the completion reward for the Marauding commendation or put them in the C-store. And all Klingons need access to the Captain's overcoat, it's so boss. At least give us the version that's already in the game that NPCs where.

Lastly, we need the Duras sisters dresses. Those are awesome.
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Actually, there is a thread that is for officially requesting uniforms already. Check here...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=89087

And yes they need to add K'ehlyrs uniforms, she had to be the hottest Klingon woman in the show ever.

I was quite fond of B'etor actually, but yeah k'ehleyr was fine and built, thank you Suzie.
  • Options
    willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Enterprise Mirror Starfleet uniform (ENT not TOS) still has some clipping problems. The skin is showing through on females on both shoulders and the neck