Install Arc
Options

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Is it normal that the Club pants and skirt don't have a shiny option?
    JoeJing said that the whole outfit should be able to be shiny.

EDIT: yeah, the Khan outfit is supposed to have SOME holes in it, but this is not them....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014
    These Hirogen and Jem Hadar costume options are still unavailable.

13949840848_700edf263f_o.png

1) Rebreather
    2) Open Helmet
    3) Large collar
    4) Shoulder pad
    5) Shoulder pad
    6) Upper arm armour
    7) Complete armour

14072140406_ef527e3e5c_o.png

1) Some shoulder pieces
    2) Zipper
    3) Grenade Pouch
    4) Leg Pouch
    5) Upper arm armour
    6) Wrist Computer (a nice piece for everyone)
    7) Breen Boots
    8) Dominion Boots
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As you all know, there are some issues with the Delta Command outfit. My alien looks like a Nausicaan storm trooper lol.

http://imgur.com/vNIKLRE
  • Options
    mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't know if this has been put on the list of known issues but my Ferasen is still having the club wear issue where the club bottoms isn't available:

zfNQCIJ.jpg

As you may be able to see it defaults to the formal wear which is a separate entry on the drop down box.
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bought the Enterprise mirror uniform today (to go with the shotgun!) and noticed some clipping issues on the back of the female jacket:

Screencap

Also, if you look at the parts on the left you'll see the Enterprise boots aren't made available when you buy this mirror uniform, they only come with the standard Enterprise uniform/bundle. That doesn't seem intentional, so I figured I'd mention it.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    mjarbar wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been put on the list of known issues but my Ferasen is still having the club wear issue where the club bottoms isn't available:

zfNQCIJ.jpg

As you may be able to see it defaults to the formal wear which is a separate entry on the drop down box.

A fix for that should be in the next patch.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Delta Alliance T5 armor does not have the option to use tails for cats. Can we please have checks on new uniforms before they come out so we do not keep running into this?
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Delta Alliance T5 armor does not have the option to use tails for cats. Can we please have checks on new uniforms before they come out so we do not keep running into this?

Testing things before release? You ask for too much.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Cats are unable to use feline hands when wearing club wear gear.
  • Options
    craig76craig76 Member Posts: 775 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    and still nothing said nor done about clipped combadges on female toons
    I believe God created the universe, because he knew we wanted to explore. So, he made us a playground...
    planet-space-sun.jpg
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    So after today's patch, the improvements of the Long Jacket/Dress Odyssey uniforms on females is undone to the version we got shortly after DR... As the combadges and everything clips once again... :(

They looked so much nicer after the improvements and the combadges didn't clip all that badly... given the clipping issues are okay for short/tactical ody uniforms, those remained with the improvements... but the Long / Dress jackets were reverted :(

Picture - Ody long jacket after 4/12 patch
    Comparison of picture, pre 4/12 patch & post 4/12 patch
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Was it intended that using the knit hat would force you to have less facial hair options?

And why are there so few boot options under off duty. There are many things for off duty that I would need from the other categories for it to actually be meaningful customization.

Is there any way to expand the off duty category's options? Dev team I ask you humbly.

And thanks, my Rear Admiral Odyssey pips are working right.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Was it intended that using the knit hat would force you to have less facial hair options?

And why are there so few boot options under off duty. There are many things for off duty that I would need from the other categories for it to actually be meaningful customization.

Is there any way to expand the off duty category's options? Dev team I ask you humbly.

I really don't understand the off duty options any more. At first they kind of made sense, but some of the things they mark as 'off duty' these days are just silly.

Especially when you consider that items they don't want us wearing out side of certain zones are now tied to their own individual uniform type so what's the point. Why can't it all just be in 'standard' and then have the separate sections for zone specific items.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Fewer? My Ferasan lost his beard, as in they don't even have that option any more, when using the hat. This needs fixing asap.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The off-duty type simply shouldn't exist. All that stuff should be folded into the uniform category.
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Also, found an error in the Intel short jacket, at least on Klingon females.

I'm guessing the short jacket was created by simply cutting the tail off the long jacket, because it looks like a small part of the long jacket remains below the waist of the short jacket, seen here.
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Delta Alliance armor set is missing the helmet option. Or rather it's there, but when you go to select it, it simply makes you character go bald, and does not apply the helmet visual.

I do not know if this is a bug, or if we are yet again missing things from the final tier of a new rep, as we did with the Dyson rep, where the BO was MIA for some time.

Hope they can fix this sharpish, and not let us hang until after the holidays...

Not bugged in game yet, but will do so tomorrow, and report back with the ticket #...
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    The Delta Alliance armor set is missing the helmet option. Or rather it's there, but when you go to select it, it simply makes you character go bald, and does not apply the helmet visual.

I do not know if this is a bug, or if we are yet again missing things from the final tier of a new rep, as we did with the Dyson rep, where the BO was MIA for some time.

Hope they can fix this sharpish, and not let us hang until after the holidays...

Not bugged in game yet, but will do so tomorrow, and report back with the ticket #...

I remember seeing a Dev post in the Foundry section a few weeks back to say that the option existing is a bug as the Delta Rep armour doesn't actually have a helmet.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I've brought this up before, but since the winter event is back, I'll bring it up again: Klingon females lose their spine ridges in winter cropped jackets (and formal dresses btw).

Also, why does he KDF Intel outfit use the awful KDF colour scheme but the Federation's isn't? Is that a bug or working as intended?
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I remember seeing a Dev post in the Foundry section a few weeks back to say that the option existing is a bug as the Delta Rep armour doesn't actually have a helmet.

Hmm... That's odd, since all the previous ground rep sets have a helmet option, so why not the Delta one? I mean, would you put on an armor set, but say to yourself : " nah, I won't need that helmet"?

But I would like a link to the post where this was stated, if possible.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Female caitians and ferasans cannot use slit eyes with the new winter hats.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    My Ferasan bought ALL 4 KDF scarves.
    Opened all 4 boxes.
    Went to the tailor to put one of them on.
    Only had the option listed for the 2012 scarf, not the other 3 I bought and opened.
    Bug report: Filed. #2,960,521.
    Toon: Schroedinger@simale

Is it possible for Cryptic to make a number of toons 3 of each species and min/max the sliders on two of them and having the third with the sliders set on medium to test all the costume pieces before releasing them? To me it makes no sense that things that seem so major as no pants options for KDF Clubwear, No beards for Ferasans with winter hat, No female Ferengi body skin for Risa the list can go on and on.

If I were to make new clothing I would probably follow this sort of list

I (or someone else) have an idea for a new piece.
    I make a sketch and present the idea for my superior and/or the one with the idea.
    When I get all clear I make a simple version and let others at work look at it and make suggestions.
    I would incorporate those suggestions and make a final design.
    I would check all the color channels so that they are linked to the right part.
    I test the piece on all my test-dummies toons to see if there are clipping issues and that they are working as intended.
    If there's a problem I would change the piece and go back to my test-dummies to see if anything else is not working before I put it on Tribble for beta testing.
    Then I would create a thread for feedback in the Tribble forum for that piece to easily pool everything pertaining to this piece and if something is discovered that I missed. I would rework it before it goes live in Holodeck.

Is that really too much to ask for? If this is how the process at Cryptic works, then I have to wonder what else is causing so many bugs?
  • Options
    callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2014
    Callevista is there any reason you guys reduced the maximum thickness on legs, hips, and hip depth? It was noticeable for those of us who were using the maximum settings.

We were trying to smooth the shape out because certain costume parts were problematic to fit over the legs
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited December 2014
    As of the 12/4 patch on Holodeck, bridge officers obtained from the Romulan Embassy can be customized. The patch notes state that faction-specific uniforms cannot be used.

I bought such an officer on Tribble, and I find that that character has access to the Romulan Veteran uniform options, as well as the Romulan Dress Uniform parts. However, I don't see any Romulan Republic uniform options (which are not faction-specific), even though they're shown in the "apply to character" view (whatever it's called). Is this working as intended, or is this a bug?

I can understand not having faction-specific or alliance-specific costume options, but I would think any Republic costume options (including shoulder pads) should be available.

I haven't tried this yet on Holodeck, but I presume it's the same story there.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    We were trying to smooth the shape out because certain costume parts were problematic to fit over the legs

Then again there are some problems that have existed for 2-3 years now that have never been fixed lol.
  • Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    My KDF allied Reman's Liberated Borg Reman tactical bridge officer can't use the Reman Klingon or Romulan Klingon uniforms. Character's name is Xeninas@Zebulon_Giles. This character is up to level 54 now.

The same Liberated Borg Reman on my Federation Allied Romulan can use all Romulan and Reman Federation based uniforms.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Scarves have a tiny clipping issue with the winter jackets:

Screencap

Happens in all poses, not just crouched. I believe this applies to all the scarves and jackets.
  • Options
    sgtkokkensgtkokken Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Talaxians cant wear hats, option to chose hats is not available even if you have hats for use.

EX, just bought winter hat - knitted, but cant wear it on my talaxian caracter. :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LLAP
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I toyed around a bit and there are some smaller bugs with the Dyson Jacket it seems.
    Every chest gear I tried has some parts being vanished into the Jacket.

I have the Voth cheast gear attached and a little part of the stripe under the middle section (chest module) is missing.
    screenshot_2014-12-09-22-51-13_zps47a6c54f.jpg

Open Dyson Jacket, with the Voth chest gear. There is even more clipping between the Jacket and the Voth gear, and also with every other Chest gear I have tried. Parts vanishing into the character.
    screenshot_2014-12-09-23-03-47_zpsdfbf1b85.jpg

AND there seems to be a big clipping problem especially with the Long hair style. It is clipping with everything, starting with additional gear on shoulders and neck and the chest section.

Oh, and a personal request:
    When using a skirt, I can't attach the Hips Layer - Voth part. Would it be possible to unlock this? Please? :D
    screenshot_2014-12-09-23-50-13_zps30dbdc5a.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I toyed around a bit and there are some smaller bugs with the Dyson Jacket it seems.
    Every chest gear I tried has some parts being vanished into the Jacket.

[URL="[URL=http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/organichalcyon/media/screenshot_2014-12-09-22-51-13_zps47a6c54f.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w527/organichalcyon/screenshot_2014-12-09-22-51-13_zps47a6c54f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"]Example one[/URL]: I have the Voth cheast gear attached and a little part of the stripe under the middle section (chest module) is missing.

[URL="[URL=http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/organichalcyon/media/screenshot_2014-12-09-23-03-47_zpsdfbf1b85.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w527/organichalcyon/screenshot_2014-12-09-23-03-47_zpsdfbf1b85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"]Example two[/URL]: Open Dyson Jacket, with the Voth chest gear. There is even more clipping between the Jacket and the Voth gear, and also with every other Chest gear I have tried. Parts vanishing into the character.

AND there seems to be a big clipping problem especially with the Long hair style. It is clipping with everything, starting with additional gear on shoulders and neck and the chest section.

Oh, and a personal request:
    [URL="[URL=http://s1328.photobucket.com/user/organichalcyon/media/screenshot_2014-12-09-23-50-13_zps30dbdc5a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w527/organichalcyon/screenshot_2014-12-09-23-50-13_zps30dbdc5a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]"]Example three[/URL]
    When using a skirt, I can't attach the Hips Layer - Voth part. Would it be possible to unlock this? Please? :D

Your links are borked.