test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Working as intended the KDF has sanctions against it from 256 million different shades of colors until they stop dilithium farming.
    I uh...

What?
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I unboxed a Xindi-Reptilian Tactical Officer Candidate recently and along with the BOff it apparently came with a costume option.

I'm unable to edit his uniform, working as intended?
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    How about the lovely "Outfit uses invalis parts" bug, even though these are the same uniforms they gave us in a promotion? I refer specifically to the Wrath of Khan uniforms. Every single time I try to use one, I get that message, and it does nothing. Thanks, Cryptic.
    Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    callevista wrote: »
    Thanks, for the post - I'll send it to one of our character artists to fix.

Would this fix be able to work for custom aliens as well? My main is an alien who normally uses the bony claws but has the same thing happen to him when he puts on the intel gloves. I'd love it if I could get them to work with his claws.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just noticed: all standard skirts available to Fed characters include the option to use the spotted Talaxian skin. While it'd be a nice inclusion for Alien characters to have a breadth of skin options, it's available even on Humans.

Also, Remans still do not yet have their newer leg pattern (from the swimsuits) available for other outfit options with bare legs (i.e. skirts and Beachcomber shorts).
  • evillloydevillloyd Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hello callevista can you please add the short swoop hairstyle that romulans have to humans and other races please. Males don't have a lot of hairstyles and that would be really nice to have.

Also the Fleet Admiral pips are not on tribble yet. I really don't want to wait another week for that fix.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the post - we are looking into this.
    Since it looks like you've been doing a lot of feedback forwarding lately, can I again approach the issue of bugged male KHG Uniforms?
    Ever since they were implemented, the fur on the shoulder pads is too close to the neck (see my avatar) which causes ugly clipping issues in anything but standard stance. More often then not, half of my Klinks head is submerged in fur and I'm not even using abnormal body shapes.

I can tell it's not supposed to be like this because the fur is fine on female characters, where it's placed in the middle of the pad.

This has been bugging me since Season 6 and over the last two years i have tried to bring it to attention numerous times in various subforums, includung the bug report forums.
    Yet no one ever acknowledged this.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • nexurulernexuruler Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm going to post my link I made on this part of the forum here its about the Klingon honor guard set
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1276371
    Been a user of Perfect World Entertainment since 2009.
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Is it me or did they shrink the butts on the Hip Depth slider with this last update. If so I am not pleased...if not I may have been looking at the character creator for too long.

But they look smaller on my Vulcan. What were these smoothing adjustments exactly I was fine with how it was except that hip Depth added to lower stomach size. for some reason.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2014
    lan451 wrote: »
    Would this fix be able to work for custom aliens as well? My main is an alien who normally uses the bony claws but has the same thing happen to him when he puts on the intel gloves. I'd love it if I could get them to work with his claws.

Yes, a bufix for anyone who can use those types of boney claw hands should resolve the issue.
    edited November 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    Since it looks like you've been doing a lot of feedback forwarding lately, can I again approach the issue of bugged male KHG Uniforms?
    Ever since they were implemented, the fur on the shoulder pads is too close to the neck (see my avatar) which causes ugly clipping issues in anything but standard stance. More often then not, half of my Klinks head is submerged in fur and I'm not even using abnormal body shapes.

I can tell it's not supposed to be like this because the fur is fine on female characters, where it's placed in the middle of the pad.

This has been bugging me since Season 6 and over the last two years i have tried to bring it to attention numerous times in various subforums, includung the bug report forums.

The reason we haven't done much on this yet is that we are planning a general updating of costume parts accross the board - to fix things like that. However, we are still making good on the bare skin options - so once that has been done, I can see us hitting that issue you mentioned.
  • millybunmillybun Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    captaind3 wrote: »
    Is it me or did they shrink the butts on the Hip Depth slider with this last update. If so I am not pleased...if not I may have been looking at the character creator for too long.

But they look smaller on my Vulcan. What were these smoothing adjustments exactly I was fine with how it was except that hip Depth added to lower stomach size. for some reason.

What I noticed similarly is that female characters' legs' bulk has been reduced dramatically with the last update. The thickness we could achieve before is no longer doable, and even thinner legs appear much thinner now, looking all sorts of creepy and boney.

For the character art devs, would it be possible to re-bulk them up a bit? I know this is probably a result of them being smoothed out and altered to be made better looking across the board, and they do look much smoother, but if I'm pushing my Leg Bulk-related sliders up higher, it's with the intent to have thicker legs and not the shrinkage we've got post-patch.

I'll try to find screenshot comparisons later.
    edited November 2014
    millybun wrote: »
    What I noticed similarly is that female characters' legs' bulk has been reduced dramatically with the last update. The thickness we could achieve before is no longer doable, and even thinner legs appear much thinner now, looking all sorts of creepy and boney.
    I noticed that today. I mean seriously bony, to the point of defying anatomy a little.
    For the character art devs, would it be possible to re-bulk them up a bit? I know this is probably a result of them being smoothed out and altered to be made better looking across the board, and they do look much smoother, but if I'm pushing my Leg Bulk-related sliders up higher, it's with the intent to have thicker legs and not the shrinkage we've got post-patch.

I'll try to find screenshot comparisons later.

I feel that the smoothing was a little unnecessary. Though perhaps those issues could be ultimately worked out later with a muscle tone slider. Regardless the shrinkage was noticeable and I respectfully request a restoration of the thickness. Had an officer that had some nice Uhura legs going on too. She even lost her rear under-cuppage, very sad.
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The reason we haven't done much on this yet is that we are planning a general updating of costume parts accross the board - to fix things like that. However, we are still making good on the bare skin options - so once that has been done, I can see us hitting that issue you mentioned.

This must be the first time in a year and a half any dev has touched this issue on the forums lol.

I think the main problem we've had as far as KDF players with this issue is that before the KHG uniform came along we pretty much had no uniforms that even looked like a canon Klingon uniform and this one is really great compared to it but even though its not an actual canon uniform we kinda get upset when our *ONLY* good uniform doesn't work lol.

Pretty much the way it has gone is if you want a uniform that looks pretty decent you have to get the newer lobi store costumes because the old ones are really horrible and devastated by our only good one not being fixed yet lol.

I'm still waiting for a dev to answer a question off topic here how I can get an accolade for 1,000 vaadwaur kills but the blogs say there are only 500ish of them left lol.
    edited November 2014
    This must be the first time in a year and a half any dev has touched this issue on the forums lol.

I think the main problem we've had as far as KDF players with this issue is that before the KHG uniform came along we pretty much had no uniforms that even looked like a canon Klingon uniform and this one is really great compared to it but even though its not an actual canon uniform we kinda get upset when our *ONLY* good uniform doesn't work lol.

Pretty much the way it has gone is if you want a uniform that looks pretty decent you have to get the newer lobi store costumes because the old ones are really horrible and devastated by our only good one not being fixed yet lol.

I'm still waiting for a dev to answer a question off topic here how I can get an accolade for 1,000 vaadwaur kills but the blogs say there are only 500ish of them left lol.

They have the canon one, the problem is there are only two canon Klingon uniforms, which is the one that was worn by every Klingon from Kruge to Martok, and the exception to that which is the dress uniforms I suppose, worn by Gorkon and his retinue.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Apparently the Intel glasses clip through the Caitian's forehead. My friend showed me this.
    The very middle of it clips through the center.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited November 2014
    Yes, a bufix for anyone who can use those types of boney claw hands should resolve the issue.

This is awesome. I wasn't really all that bothered by it and was willing to use it as is, but since it turned out to be a bug and there's a way to fix it, I certainly won't complain. :D

Thanks again!
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • lordkhoraklordkhorak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

If that general updating doesn't include letting Caitians have the hair options everyone else does, I'm going to have to make a variety of colourful but impotent threats upon the personal safety of random people in Cryptic.

And I don't want to get banned for doing that. Do you want me to get banned? Do you? DO YOU!?

Of course not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There's a bug where the female Odyssey Long Coat matches the 'undershirt' color to the color of the coat itself. Conversely, the male Odyssey Long Coat undershirt is matched to the color of the stripe (which makes more sense).
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There's a bug where the female Odyssey Long Coat matches the 'undershirt' color to the color of the coat itself. Conversely, the male Odyssey Long Coat undershirt is matched to the color of the stripe (which makes more sense).
    I actually listed all issues with Odyssey Long/Dress jackets I found, including this one, in this topic - Looky here
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• purplegamerpurplegamer Member Posts: 1,015 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I actually listed all issues with Odyssey Long/Dress jackets I found, including this one, in this topic - Looky here

Cool, thanks! :)
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not to be a complainer or beat a dead horse, but will Caitians ever be able to save and load outfits without being told "invalid costume parts"?

It's happened on mine since go, and makes it aggravating to update all her costumes with the new DR tailor adjustments.
  • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Are the glowy/animated intel uniform pieces (wrist attach, belt, glasses) taking color as intended? They have four color selections, but the first one recolors the entire piece. I noticed the default intel boff outfits have some of the other colors filled in, even though they do nothing.

The pieces would also look better if you could color elements of them separately, rather than them taking the color of the animated section.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Will this be taken in to account when they finally (i'm personally hoping soon) add the infected skin as a full body visual?
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i have one question:

Do males only have access to the Open Intel uniform? if i try them on at any tailor i only see the open version, short and long. My Hierarchy BOff also can only wear the open version. Btut for my female BOff i can select the closed uniform

O, actually, another Question

Is the Khan costume (not the TWOK Uniform) only available for Captains, not for Bridge Officers?

Officers should be able to wear any Uniform/costume too. (including Romulans, Jem`hadar and others btw)
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i have one question:

Do males only have access to the Open Intel uniform? if i try them on at any tailor i only see the open version, short and long. My Hierarchy BOff also can only wear the open version. Btut for my female BOff i can select the closed uniform

Where are you seeing an open-jacket Intel uniform? Because I don't have that option on any character or boff, male or female, even the Potato boff. There's only short or long.
    edited November 2014
    Picked up the Xindi-Reptilian boff and he's missing a few parts of the Intel outfit.

No option for Intel gloves:

http://i.imgur.com/qadp5M2.jpg

No option for Intel glasses (or any eye wear for that matter):

http://i.imgur.com/SCx8ZZG.jpg

I can live without the glasses since I like his crazy eyes, but the gloves finish the outfit.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited November 2014
    mrspidey2 wrote: »

Thanks, we will take a look.
  • minmacdougalminmacdougal Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Dunno if this has been addressed yet, but the Adapted Maco parts are a wee bit broken in the color selection. It was either the left or right arm guards that have the multiple color selection available (Game is down right now so I can't look) as well as some other portions. While we're at it the above mentioned and the kit armor pieces are really limited in terms of lighting. I've noticed NPCs have like red lighting and yet it's not available to your toons. Any chance we can see this fixed in the near future?
    edited November 2014
    tasshena wrote: »
    Not to be a complainer or beat a dead horse, but will Caitians ever be able to save and load outfits without being told "invalid costume parts"?

It's happened on mine since go, and makes it aggravating to update all her costumes with the new DR tailor adjustments.

Just so that we can reproduce it - can you please post how you are encountering this?
    Is it when you go into the tailor, change a specific costume part and hit the "purchase" button?
    Is it related to a specific costume piece that you know of?

Thanks!