What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holodeck Disconnect Issues [Resolved]

Comments

• Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,529 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The issues seem to be localized packet loss for different games as well. I know my team has been feverishly looking into it since around 11 AM PDT.

It's definitely a bigger issue. Connections to XBOX Live and Ubisoft servers are also being impacted.
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Trendy...from me, there are 2 gateways servers down. And wait...now it is stabilized. But those GWs are still out. I guess someone*s* are making the calls.
    The issues seem to be localized packet loss for different games as well. I know my team has been feverishly looking into it since around 11 AM PDT.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    rossclansforce1rossclansforce1 Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There is clearly a misalignment somewhere in the system.

I do believe we have entered a tetryon field. We could send out reconnaissance probes to supplement the sensors. We would then need to install multiphase buffers on all the sensor modules. If we increase the sensor efficiency we should be able to keep contact with those probes. It will help us find the problem.

I suspect the root cause of the issue is continued use of our warp drives. We have used it for centuries, but warp field energy could be causing a subspace rupture. That would cause a rift to form. The original analysis performed was reviewed by the Federation Science Counsel but it was preliminary and incomplete. With the amount of energy going through the region, it's exposure to warp field energy is 1 million times above normal.

This explanation was adjusted since this is a game and not the show. However I found it fitting to the situation. :)
    [img]>:)[/img]

Click to Join armadafleet.org/
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not sure what type of voodoo has taken me off the dev tracker. I'll look into that after this immediate issue is figured out. :)

NP, I know you have bigger fish to fry right now, but I just thought you might like to know. :)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    eagletalan wrote: »
    sdfgsdfgsdfgsdfgsdfg

You make an interesting point, I have to admit.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2014

I wish you and the team well on finding a solution. For me though, it's bed time. Hopefully when I get up tomorrow this will just be like a bad dream and I can get back to mercilessly killing, sorry I mean befriending, the other members of our fine galaxy.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    ecotec1983ecotec1983 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Seems to be a few large data centers out around the U.S on both coasts accroding to outage analyzer. Seems to be impacting Europe, Canada and U.S.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The team has implemented a potential fix. We will be monitoring the situation.

...YAY!!!
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    is it safe to go in?
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    verlaine11verlaine11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014

Team is feverishly working.....Ebola outbreak in the office? :eek:
  • Options
    warborgwarborg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    is it safe to go in?

Is it ever safe? I'm beginning to think the Vaaduar have it out for me...
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good thing I got all my MU runs done this morning!

But this goes out to Trendy, because a little music helps pass the time! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm-upHSP9KU

Oingo Boingo for the win!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Good thing I got all my MU runs done this morning!

But this goes out to Trendy, because a little music helps pass the time! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm-upHSP9KU

Oingo Boingo for the win!
    I was currently rocking out to MC Frontalot, but I definitely appreciate the Oingo Boingo!
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    is it safe to go in?
    Is it safe? Is it safe? IS IT SAFE?
    http://youtu.be/kzw1_2b-I7A
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Awesome! Thanks so much to the team for all the hard work, and thanks Trendy for the frequent updates. Much appreciated! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Awesome! Thanks so much to the team for all the hard work, and thanks Trendy for the frequent updates. Much appreciated! :D
    Totes' goats.
  • Options
    sernonserculionsernonserculion Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hmm, was able to do a Crystaline Entity again, without anything special happening. What trickery is this! :P
  • Options
    uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here is a nice easy listening song to help you calm down while you wait for Cpt. Smirk and Tandy to finish their #theserverisdownagainsopassthepizzaandrootbeerandturntheringeroffthephone weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzxuknbQ5VY
  • Options
    darkdazmaddarkdazmad Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    to the team again

glad u was able a solution to the problem.
    me hoping and preying it stays that way
    stosigra_zpsxpcew08i.png

Also note it says under my name i am a Champions Online User, i play Star Trek Online and have no idea how to change that lol
  • Options
    anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 414 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Server MIA...

Come in Snake... Snake? Snake?!? SNAAAAAKE!!!
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • Options
    kadrush2003kadrush2003 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    is it safe to go in?

Thats what I said to her... :D
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Thank you for posting on the forums about it
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So far, the only thing that's collapsing are all the particles I'm trying to collect at Starfleet Academy.

So the dev's are clearly doing a better job at stabilizing things than I am ;)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    chipg7 wrote: »
    So far, the only thing that's collapsing are all the particles I'm trying to collect at Starfleet Academy.

So the dev's are clearly doing a better job at stabilizing things than I am ;)
    Oh, I went through periods where I was getting 5-10 collapsing particles between Klingon holograms/stable particles.

Was very frustrating
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 2,624 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    it seems to be working now. Good job server fixer team!
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The Login works again!

Party!!! :cool:
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,426 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    noroblad wrote: »
    it seems to be working now. Good job server fixer team!

It's working.. for about 5-10 minutes. Got knocked out just as we were about to finish last dreadnought in mirror invasion
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • Options
    blueharvestblueharvest Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Welcome to my world. Still haven't been able to play more then 2 minutes since DR went live.
  • Options
    donowickdonowick Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There are still a lot of snr's in game. I sat at ESD with snr for almost 200 seconds and was able to chat some how lol. :)
This discussion has been closed.