Install Arc
Options

post now (500 dilithium)

Comments

• Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's like saying Biggie Smalls 5 times in front of a mirror. :P

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 127 seconds.

Or drinking 5 Bloody Marys in front of a Mirror Universe?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bortens wrote: »
    10 ecs say this is preparation for dangelows third post.
    lets see who gets punished this time.

well, on cardassia, they just take 3 random Bajorans, line them up and... well, you get the idea, Cardassia, The funnest place in the world! :D
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I am going to complain because I can play one. :D

Given how long it takes to level a character now, I don't think adding new races to play will be a problem for me either.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    300 second forum timers: finally a real reason to use the multi-quote function. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Wow I tried to post a minute ago...got a button that said "post now (500 dilithium) time remaining 300 seconds".

I wonder which of my alts it deducts this from?

Wha?
    /tenchars
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    mancommancom Member Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Maybe we should have one giant thread where everyone has exactly one post that they can then edit as necessary? It seems that editing is not prohibited by the 300s rule, or is it?
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    This is so pathetic I don't know what to say, I'm pretty sure it isn't going to stop people being angry but still, allow me to check...

Okay that is true, like I said this is not going to solve anything.
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    300 second forum timers: finally a real reason to use the multi-quote function.

What, you didn't? You can also use Multi-Quote to "nest" prior conversation chains (by Cut-and-Pasting them into the proper layers), so that your reply to another person's reply can include the post they were replying to... if you get all format happy in order to kill time for 5 mins. :P

[EDIT] Yay, I responded to something fast enough for a reprimand... and now, my 300 second window is cleared. :D
    mancom wrote: »
    Maybe we should have one giant thread where everyone has exactly one post that they can then edit as necessary? It seems that editing is not prohibited by the 300s rule, or is it?

Nope, you can still edit your own posts just fine, you just can't spam a ton of new ones.

See? I just edited it. :P

Odd, it doesn't show that I edited it... whatever, more editing! Just don't use more than 4 images in your message. Oh, I see, it also counts the posts you're quoting. Ha! Now if you quote me you can't use your own Smileys! Mwahahaha!!! Sorry, thecosmic1, I needed that Smiley space for a Smiley Face. :)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    generalklanggeneralklang Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This is the most fun I've had with a post in...let me think back...5 minutes!
  • Options
    nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'm very tempted to write a script that automatically posts something random to these forums every five minutes while I'm asleep!

This is so painful...
    This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 198 seconds.

Yes. A script must be written.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    As of now, all FacePalms have had their damage increased by %500 (up from %0.2) to self

Enemy Damage has been removed from this ability.

Enemy confusion will now be reduced to 0.8 seconds (down from random timer var increment, seed numbers have been removed)

Enemies will be given an immunity buff after the first facepalm is cast that lasts 1 hour
    (no abilities decrease this affect and cannot be removed by any abilities and persists through death)
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    nandospc wrote: »
    10/10 if troll, but if real.... LOL :D

I can confirm it, not that it'll make much of a difference though because the forums have been slow and angry of late anyway, this isn't going to change anything.
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I have to say,didn't see this one coming,but then again it's Cryptic we're talking about so I'm not really surprised they did.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I can confirm it, not that it'll make much of a difference though because the forums have been slow and angry of late anyway, this isn't going to change anything.

Nah, this is funny enough that it's making me have way too much fun with the 5 min limit. I'm more amused by toying with the 5 min timer than I should be... oh no, I see an incoming nerf to the 5 min, it's too much fun. :P

[EDIT] YouTube has this handy 5 Minute Interval Timer so you know when it's okay to post again... oddly, the video for the 5 Minute Butt and Thigh Workout for a Bigger Butt - Exercises to Lift and Tone Your Butt and Thighs is 5:18, so that doesn't work properly. :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    jtmarshjtmarsh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    *************Message From Cryptic*************

While we at Cryptic promote these forums free for our gamers. We however decided to levy a 500 zen one time fee per negative post. We call it the "we are tired of hearing you b*t*h fee. Better WATOHYB fee will help us put up with these post. Post that are happy and positive as newborn babies, unicorns, and puppies will still be free.

Ty
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow I tried to post a minute ago...got a button that said "post now (500 dilithium) time remaining 300 seconds".

I wonder which of my alts it deducts this from?

Say what? hmm...

Edit: This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts.

/MegaFacepalm
  • Options
    janus1975janus1975 Member Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Not at all, everyone knows the way to calm down a PR Crisis situation is to be silent, not make any clear public statements, avoid making any apologies, call the people you've wronged "morons" and tell everyone how "insulted" you are that they're not bowing and scraping at your feet thanking you for the mistakes you made, and then when that crashes and burns spectacularly, try to silence everyone affected as much as possible.

Only amateurs let people vent, make an apology, and do something nice to rectify the situation with "no strings attached" and avoid doing anything further that re-inflames the situation.

Crisis Management, STO Style :cool:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    This New Timer Breaks Forum Thread Immersion!

Edit: How interesting. If you post everything in caps, it ucwords them, lol.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not likely to be a bug, but this is Cryptic and I have faith in their unflagging ability to break things.
    Ah Cryptic just can't help yourselves can you.:rolleyes:
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I think I saw a sith just now in the shadows saying. "it's all going according to plan master" lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNsrK6P9QvI

for the times when 1 facepalm just isn't enough
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bfelczer wrote: »

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I heard somewhere about about you getting married (congrats !) but not about your father-in-law ... I'm truly sorry to hear about that . :o
    But the wheel of life turns ... , new niece and all ... . :)

And don't tell us you left for family reasons , it ruins all the speculation about the Illuminati , the Freemasons , PWE and one former PWE community manager who seemed to be in all places simultaneously ... -- including the moon ... , altho that is unconfirmed (russian spy satellites ... , can't trust'em you know ... :cool:) .

... and I'll be happy to add you to my friends list once I decide if I'm burned out from the Dil weekend , on strike / boycotting , or just waiting for SOMETHING to happen on Cryptic's end to make this fairly large and multifaceted "thing" go away so I can get back to having STF fun for more than half of my previous awards ...

(and no , I'm not fishing for a comment from you on Cryptic . I'm still to stunned to see you and now Hilbert , posting here ... in the Mirror Universe ... a place where D'Angelo's thread get's closed ...)

WHAT'S GOING ON-ON-ON-ON-ON ...??? HELLO-HELLO-HELLO-HELLO ... ^^^ Twilight Zone 2014 ... sigh ...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    janus1975 wrote: »
    Not at all, everyone knows the way to calm down a PR Crisis situation is to be silent, not make any clear public statements, avoid making any apologies, call the people you've wronged "morons" and tell everyone how "insulted" you are that they're not bowing and scraping at your feet thanking you for the mistakes you made, and then when that crashes and burns spectacularly, try to silence everyone affected as much as possible.

Only amateurs let people vent, make an apology, and do something nice to rectify the situation with "no strings attached" and avoid doing anything further that re-inflames the situation.

Crisis Management, STO Style :cool:

You just improved my mood somehow, thank you :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You just improved my mood somehow, thank you :D

See, the forum timer is already working! Happy happy, joy joy!
    Ym9x9Ji.png
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Next time gate is reading the forums. "You must wait 300 seconds to see any replies in this thread." :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    See, the forum timer is already working! Happy happy, joy joy!

Oh don't worry, plenty of rage left for the issues at hand just building up, building up, buildi.... :)
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    THE SILENCE IS DEAFENING! IT'S MADDENING!

sigh... 164 seconds left...

it's kind of frustrating to scream and then have to wait for someone to hear...

oh COME ON!!! 66 seconds... *insert some profane-laced rant (be creative here)*

So how's things?

12...11...10...9...8...7...6...5...4...3...2...1... FREEDOM!!

oh wait, if I post, I gotta wait another 300 seconds...

ohhh... the agony! '

ah TRIBBLE this...
    sinn74 wrote: »
    Next time gate is reading the forums. "You must wait 300 seconds to see any replies in this thread." :D

aw why would you go and give them another stupid idea?
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This I must see. I hope this isn't true.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
This discussion has been closed.