Install Arc
Options

post now (500 dilithium)

Comments

• Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    janus1975 wrote: »
    Not at all, everyone knows the way to calm down a PR Crisis situation is to be silent, not make any clear public statements, avoid making any apologies, call the people you've wronged "morons" and tell everyone how "insulted" you are that they're not bowing and scraping at your feet thanking you for the mistakes you made, and then when that crashes and burns spectacularly, try to silence everyone affected as much as possible.

Only amateurs let people vent, make an apology, and do something nice to rectify the situation with "no strings attached" and avoid doing anything further that re-inflames the situation.

Crisis Management, STO Style :cool:

Yeah that's how they solved all those civil rights issues in China. Worked like a charm.

Oh wait.
    This New Timer Breaks Forum Thread Immersion!

Edit: How interesting. If you post everything in caps, it ucwords them, lol.

Yeah it's been that way for a while.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    What... Lol. :D
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I just have to check out what's going on.

EDIT: Un-be-friggin'-liveable. :eek: *nuclear facepalm*
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yeah that's how they solved all those civil rights issues in China. Worked like a charm.

Oh wait.

Yeah it's been that way for a while.

LOL, yes, great success. Egypt fared no better with their internet blanket
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Now THIS is a facepalm worthy change...
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    internet blanket... sounds warm and cozy

p.s. logging out and back in does not get around this innate timegate.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aw why would you go and give them another stupid idea?

LOL give them credit. They're pretty proficient at timegating almost everything. :(

If this is because of all the negativity surrounding the expansion and/or heavy-handed removal of points, I'm sure it's better for them to have people posting about it everywhere else on the internet. /sarcasm

Edit- this post has been edited for no good reason, other than to offer this explanation of why it is edited.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Okay...I DID get a long delay timer between posts--300 seconds. I did NOT get asked to pay dilithium to post sooner. I do not know where anyone got that from??

I must note, though...there IS a bit of an advantage to my typically long posts. It takes a bit more than 300 seconds to compose some of them. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Seriously!? You have to wait 5 minutes before you can post again? Wow. This is an all time low. If this 300 sec (5 minutes) sticks, they might as well shut down the forum.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    velqua wrote: »
    Seriously!? You have to wait 5 minutes before you can post again? Wow. This is an all time low. If this 300 sec (5 minutes) sticks, they might as well shut down the forum.

Yeah... I know that they've made some awful decisions in stifling the players, I've been here a long time, but this is really, really pathetic.

If this is not a bug, I am severely disappointed.
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    velqua wrote: »

It's probably due to the negative feedback to the developers of their actions during the release. They're hoping we'd shut up.

yeaaah... no.

to shut up, we'd need to um... see positive action? Or at the least, stop seeing such negative, childish behaviour.

33 seconds left... sigh...

I dunno about you, but I can't seem to file a forum ticket as it won't compute...
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Yeah... I know that they've made some awful decisions in stifling the players, I've been here a long time, but this is really, really pathetic.

If this is not a bug, I am severely disappointed.

Cryptic is determined to reach a new low point, and it seems they found their calling.

They may be incompetent at bugfixes, game design and such, but they sure are the elite masters of reaching new pathetic depths of low.

-Oh boy, game update fails, forums raged, what do we do? Fix our mistakes?
    -LOL Nope. Put in a super long forum timer, so the stupid costumers can't complain!
    - ????
    - Profit!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i would like to see this pop up.

nope didnt happen for me, posted the above, clicked post reply strait away no message regarding 300 seconds.

didnt happen when i clicked quote either.

sorry must be just some posters this effects.

ok got the message wait 300 seconds or pay 500dil

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    Oh yes and once again, no word on it.

And to think, I got a very faint inkling of maybe getting zen to buy the Phantom... nope! Not five minutes later, I was reminded of why I don't give this company money anymore.

I honestly see this as another childish move. Perhaps we should light the forums on fire, see how much farther they will go. You don't need to worry about me starting any fires though, I'm not a forum arsonist.

The stiflings will continue until morale improves.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    gulberat wrote: »
    Okay...I DID get a long delay timer between posts--300 seconds. I did NOT get asked to pay dilithium to post sooner. I do not know where anyone got that from??

I must note, though...there IS a bit of an advantage to my typically long posts. It takes a bit more than 300 seconds to compose some of them. ;)
    This was an obvious reference to *other* buttons for which one must wait or pay a dilithium fine. Still waiting on the forum button....and 5 minute timer
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    got it now, maybe thats good it might make people think if what they are posting is such a good move..... no maybe not.

• Options
    edited October 2014
    For anyone who thinks it's bugged because they added an extra zero... you had to wait 45 seconds before.

Also bobby, try posting and attempt to male another one immediately afterwards.
  • Options
    bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014

the "ask for dil" misconception comes from thread title.
    op is some clever bast***. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    voporak wrote: »
    Oh yes and once again, no word on it.

And to think, I got a very faint inkling of maybe getting zen to buy the Phantom... nope! Not five minutes later, I was reminded of why I don't give this company money anymore.

I honestly see this as another childish move. Perhaps we should light the forums on fire, see how much farther they will go. You don't need to worry about me starting any fires though, I'm not a forum arsonist.

The stiflings will continue until morale improves.

It is stupid stuff like this that reminds why I really shouldn't spend money on this game. I tend to buy what I like and when I want it, but this type of response to players just tells me that they really don't want me to be part of this community; and if that's the case, I feel the need to invest less or nothing into such a community.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    300 seconds

Enjoy! :D
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I sense a disturbance in the Forum...

I am one with it, and I can feel a post coming... something official... something bad.

A lame excuse is coming.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    bortens wrote: »
    the "ask for dil" misconception comes from thread title.
    op is some clever bast***. :)

your correct there is no charge for bypassing the timer, you just have to wait for it to expire.
    theres no delay when you edit your own post that goes strait in.

pity i was hopping that would cut down on some of the bile of some posts.

that most likly always been there but only just noticed.

5 minutes is nothing, it takes me longer to think what to say.

good gag though. lol.

• Options
    rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014

lol

It was a joke. A funny one, I thought.

(Wasted my 300 seconds on this post...)
  • Options
    chainfallchainfall Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tekehd wrote: »
    Haven't seen this yet.

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 217 seconds.
    STO would have been better as a Stargate MMO than it is as Star Trek. Go figure.

~Karona@Sobekeus
    Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier Exterminatus
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lol

It was a joke. A funny one, I thought.

(Wasted my 300 seconds on this post...)

I thought it was funny, when I saw it on the reply screen. :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014