Install Arc
Options

post now (500 dilithium)

Comments

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    janus1975 wrote: »
    But if there's DilGate happening, then that's just another Cryptic Cash Grab. Making money out of your own customers' rage? That's a Scrooge Move worthy of RyanAir, congratulations.
    There is no DilGate. That was just the OP trying to be funny.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So now i finaly can use my alts on the forum....
    WOW, crypic is getting lower and lower... mabey they know that we realy not going to like the next patch..
  • Options
    ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Wow I tried to post a minute ago...got a button that said "post now (500 dilithium) time remaining 300 seconds".

I wonder which of my alts it deducts this from?

/10 char test
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • Options
    echelonalphaechelonalpha Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    As fun as it is to watch all of you lose your minds over something as inconsequential as a post timer..

Have any of you considered doing something else in the 300 seconds between posts? Perhaps something positive and stress-relieving? Just a thought.
  • Options
    masterfiretrollmasterfiretroll Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    bortens wrote: »
    10 ecs say this is preparation for dangelows third post.
    lets see who gets punished this time.

Sounds good to me.....

I believe this Trek is at a End..........
  • Options
    bortensbortens Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

well hes at least partially correct, and kind of clever. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    thecosmic1 wrote: »

But there is: Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion > post now (500 dilithium)
    lystent wrote: »
    Or not... heh eheh. I've been solving too many quadratic equations.
  • Options
    rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Its targetted to F2P...have not seen it to LTS subs. Still its due to flaming topics :P

I subscribe monthly (though I doubt I'll continue that now) and it is happening to me, so if you are correct, then only LTS is not affected. That said, just try posting something within five minutes of your last reply and you will know for sure.

You know, I bet this is what they've been working on ever since D'Angelos post. They want to silence dissenters once and for all.
  • Options
    bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    ... we can't dial 1-800-BRANDON anymore for an actual quick reply ...

You rang? :cool:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I subscribe monthly (though I doubt I'll continue that now) and it is happening to me, so if you are correct, then only LTS is not affected. That said, just try posting something within five minutes of your last reply and you will know for sure.

You know, I bet this is what they've been working on ever since D'Angelos post. They want to silence dissenters once and for all.
    Well, he's not; my signature says I've been here since Open Beta (and I have), but it doesn't mention that it's via never-cancelled LTS - it's been happening to me as well.

Still, I find the instant assumption to 'intentional' and talk of shutting down dissenters laughable, personally
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This exact thing happened once over at Pirates of the Burning Sea ...it was stated that they did it to give moderators the time to keep up.
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am not worried about a time gated forum.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    bfelczer wrote: »

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    Come home, Brandon! Come home! :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Smirk would have posted this: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9002703-release-notes%3A-october-29th%2C-2014 :but he's got to wait 5 minutes to do so...

That's why they did the 300s timer...cause folks are going to complain about not being able to play Talaxians. ;) :P :D
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Time gate all of the things!!

Plausible

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited October 2014
    But there is: Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion > post now (500 dilithium)

Or not... heh eheh. I've been solving too many quadratic equations.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

thats the thread title :D
    fell for it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I'm gold, I certainly have the timer.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Smirk would have posted this: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9002703-release-notes%3A-october-29th%2C-2014 :but he's got to wait 5 minutes to do so...

That's why they did the 300s timer...cause folks are going to complain about not being able to play Talaxians. ;) :P :D
    I am going to complain because I can play one. :D
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm checking.

Edit. Lol. Cryptic :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I can't believe it ! :eek: :)

I asked one of your fleetmates in Stonewall if you were ingame but he said he did not see you for a while ..., but that was a while back .

Hope the new / not-so-new-by-now job had worked out & that all is well on the family front !

... and yes , I rang ... , a large Very-Very Large XP boost and a bucket of premium cooled Dilithium please ...

:D
  • Options
    breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hmmm, well, I posted less than 5 mins ago and I'm curious... meh, maybe I posted more than 5 mins ago. I tend to be overly verbose at times, or just plain Edit things when I notice how badly I phrase or spell something. :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • Options
    bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can't believe it !

I asked one of your fleetmates in Stonewall if you were ingame but he said he did not see you for a while ..., but that was a while back .

Hope the new / not-so-new-by-now job had worked out & that all is well on the family front !

... and yes , I rang ... , a large Very-Very Large XP boost and a bucket of premium cooled Dilithium please ...

Haha! I wasn't able to jump in-game for about 5 months due to moving back home and such. We were staying with family until recently, so evenings were spent with them and it always left me with little to no gaming time. Now we are in our own place, so it's back to the grind, so to say ;)

Things are really, really good on the job front :) Family is good too -- got married in July. Glad I moved home though, not only for the birth of my niece in August and to fulfill my grandma's final wish, but 3 weeks after we did my father-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. We lost him 8 days after the wedding, only 11 weeks after he was diagnosed. It was a hard decision to leave, but as I mentioned, it was solely for family reasons, and I am so thankful we did.

Add me in-game :)@bfelczer

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    rswfiredotcomrswfiredotcom Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    trek21 wrote: »
    Still, I find the instant assumption to 'intentional' and talk of shutting down dissenters laughable, personally

It was meant as a joke...having a little fun with the situation. Not everything people say is meant to be taken with the utmost seriouslness.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So, it would seem (hint: see my sig) that SPEAK NOW! is no longer advisable. :P

Oops, just used up a 500 Dilithium moment!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Haha! I wasn't able to jump in-game for about 5 months due to moving back home and such. We were staying with family until recently, so evenings were spent with them and it always left me with little to no gaming time. Now we are in our own place, so it's back to the grind, so to say ;)

Things are really, really good on the job front :) Family is good too -- got married in July. Glad I moved home though, not only for the birth of my niece in August and to fulfill my grandma's final wish, but 3 weeks after we did my father-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer. We lost him 8 days after the wedding, only 11 weeks after he was diagnosed. It was a hard decision to leave, but as I mentioned, it was solely for family reasons, and I am so thankful we did.

Add me in-game :)@bfelczer

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

congratulations bran.

and my heartfelt condolences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It was meant as a joke...having a little fun with the situation. Not everything people say is meant to be taken with the utmost seriouslness.
    I understand that, I do, but it's harder to identify jokes when they're just usual text. Still, that aside, it's good to know - and sorry for assuming.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • Options
    mightybobcncmightybobcnc Member Posts: 3,354 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can't believe it ! :eek: :)

It's like saying Biggie Smalls 5 times in front of a mirror. :P

This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 127 seconds.

Joined January 2009
    Finger wrote:
    Nitpicking is a time-honored tradition of science fiction. Asking your readers not to worry about the "little things" is like asking a dog not to sniff at people's crotches. If there's something that appears to violate natural laws, then you can expect someone's going to point it out. That's just the way things are.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014

I think the last thing Mr. D'Angelo has to worry about, at least, is hitting that pesky time-gated 300-secs delay in-between posts rule. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
This discussion has been closed.