test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance 10-16-2014 6:30PM - 11PM PDT

Comments

• tahlloltahllol Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    give it a rest people, its pretty much standard policy around Cryptic to break something if they fix something.
  • aleaicaleaic Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So... it's Smirk that went 'KHAAN!!!' earlier then...

So who in the Dev team is Khan?
  • jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    but really LONG LIVE THE VU Technology Equals Might!

ugh, magriders......ugh

problem with TR is everyone goes to NC and VS :D

echatty wrote: »
    Um, FYI, I'm a ma'am, not a sir ;)

I suppose I could do an Uhura fan dance lol

my apologies
  • lynxmlynxm Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    mavfin wrote: »
    There were 19 minute, 15 minute, 10 minute and 5 minute notices in-game. Not their fault you didn't read them, or perhaps had the channel not visible.

Agreed. Bright green flying text across my screen combined with neon pink text in my chat window caught my attention. Ah well, it's movie time.:rolleyes:
  • sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think the word "rollback" is the new "Doooooommmmmeeeeeddd!!"

But I could be wrong.

Alert the WalMart marketing team!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    my apologies
    Oh, it's all right. I suppose the tomboy still shows after all these years :)
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • kiarasenakiarasena Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The horror.. another long-ish maintenance... :eek:

:( Miss the time/system where things were fixed with reboots or releasing patches that players just had to download, but now it feels like we're just giving up our precious game time to wait for a fix program to run or for staff to do things manually, is there actually staff 24/7 or just called on planned-ish times when maintenance is needed?
    Well I don't know.. but fast maintenance means happy players, oh well keep up the maintenance stuff. :P :D
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Star Trek Online: The Wrath of Broken Server

Smirk: Smirk to Enterprise.

Gecko: Gecko here.

Smirk: Captain Gecko, damage report.

Gecko: Admiral, if we go "by the book". like Lieutenant TacoFangs, hours could seem like days.

Smirk: I read you captain. Let's have it.

Gecko: The situation is grave, Admiral. We won't have main power for six "days". Auxiliary power has temporarily failed. Restoration may be possible, in two "days". By the book, Admiral.

Smirk: Meaning you can't even beam us back?

Gecko: Not at present.

Smirk: Captain Gecko, if you don't hear from us within one hour, your orders are to restore what power you can, take the Enterprise to the nearest star base, and alert Starfleet Command as soon as you're out of jamming range.

Commander Trendy: Sir, we won't leave you behind!

Smirk: Trendy, if you don't hear from us, there won't be anybody behind. Smirk out.

You made me Admiral?!? Awesome! :D

Uh oh....

I think some of the team might get jelly

Hmmmmm....

I say we make BranFlakes Khan (since we have him stored in a cryo tube up until recently)

Of course that means he will have to grow a mullet...
    edited October 2014
    Well, we all knew Bran is troublesome, just never knew how much till now. :P
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Star Trek Online: The Wrath of Broken Server

Smirk: Smirk to Enterprise.

Gecko: Gecko here.

Smirk: Captain Gecko, damage report.

Gecko: Admiral, if we go "by the book". like Lieutenant TacoFangs, hours could seem like days.

Smirk: I read you captain. Let's have it.

Gecko: The situation is grave, Admiral. We won't have main power for six "days". Auxiliary power has temporarily failed. Restoration may be possible, in two "days". By the book, Admiral.

Smirk: Meaning you can't even beam us back?

Gecko: Not at present.

Smirk: Captain Gecko, if you don't hear from us within one hour, your orders are to restore what power you can, take the Enterprise to the nearest star base, and alert Starfleet Command as soon as you're out of jamming range.

Commander Trendy: Sir, we won't leave you behind!

Smirk: Trendy, if you don't hear from us, there won't be anybody behind. Smirk out.

Man I love this! So Fitting.

I sure hope they come up in the next hour though, I'm ready to buy some keys and a new starship or two.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    MUST GRIND MORE OF SOMETHING!!!

OH whew its down...
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If people are impatient to wait for STO to come back up, Tribble is accessible by ALL once more.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • christianmacchristianmac Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yep i have keys to use and sell hhehehe
    77TH FIGHTER SQUADRON
  • bbfknightbbfknight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am pretty sure there was some sort of rolll back this morning already. at around 2AM MDT I JUST finished upgrading one of my ships and changed another ship to use tets instead of phasers. when i logged in today, upgrade was gone, token was back and ship had phasers on it again.
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If people are impatient to wait for STO to come back up, Tribble is accessible by ALL once more.

I wish this had been announced far and wide, tribble I come!!!
  • kytho74656kytho74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kiarasena wrote: »
    The horror.. another long-ish maintenance... :eek:

:( Miss the time/system where things were fixed with reboots or releasing patches that players just had to download, but now it feels like we're just giving up our precious game time to wait for a fix program to run or for staff to do things manually, is there actually staff 24/7 or just called on planned-ish times when maintenance is needed?
    Well I don't know.. but fast maintenance means happy players, oh well keep up the maintenance stuff. :P :D

I would say, they have peeps on this stuff 24/7, but at the same time, would it be a good thing to pull a game down every time something blurps? I understand what you are saying, but at the same time, writing code, ensuring it works, and then actually implementing it doesn't always allow for such a 'cut and dry' aspect of anything.

A live game is not the same as one you would install directly to your computer. Matter of fact, if you ran the entire MMO on your computer, you would not be able to do anything else. No flaming towards you, I swear. And also, it isn't like the days of old where a game ran on a few hundred thousand lines of code, this is beyond that. And as for reboots, that is kinda what they have to do on their side, since the game is 'hosted' on their server(s). I hope you see this as kind words from someone not Cryptic, but understands how most of this stuff works.

Hopefully see you in game later tonight.
    edited October 2014

Meh, can't level up with Tribble. Hence why I'm reading back through some of my old Tenchi Muyo fan fiction to pass the time, eating plain M&Ms... I order everyone to get M&Ms now, and pig out on then! :D
  • naqjej55naqjej55 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    LOL says i last posted on here on 12-31-1969, wow do i feel old
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • supercoolchicksupercoolchick Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Tachyon or gtfo <.<
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2014

Uh oh....

Hmmmmm....

I say we make BranFlakes Khan (since we have him stored in a cryo tube up until recently)

uuuuuuuuurgh...

I miss Brandon and his Coolness!!! :'(

or should I say BranFlakes Khan???

I dunno....

I want a cookie while I wait for Server to come back up, anyone wanna buy me a Cookie???

Chocolate Chip would be nice!!!
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My launcher just spontaneously started patching.
    I should assume that means the server is fully back up, and maintenance is over sooner than the previously estimated time?
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
  • trizeo1trizeo1 Member Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hailing all Captains!

We will be performing and emergency maintenance to the Holodeck Server from 6:30PM (now) until aprox 9PM PDT.

Click here for a list of Release Notes for this patch.

Thank you for your patience as we attempt to correct current issues.

See you back in the Delta Quadrant very soon.

~CaptainSmirk

Greetings Captain Smirk 07

I was trying to read thru the threads to see if someone had mentioned what happened to some/me in the Dyson BZ earlier.

As soon as the Dino's came out of hiding all the 3 bars showing the status of the zones came up as well as an additional bar showing that the zone was still at 0%. I didn't pay much attention to it but when I saw the city zone going down I went to the transporter from the park and the only location it gave me was command center...

Ok, so I went thru the command center but I couldn't take the transporter to the city but I could to the outskirts so I went but was met by the Voth that usually guard the transporter.... I died and respawn so I went to the City via foot but by I couldn't reach the Dino in time so the whole zone was lost.

Just wanted to throw that out there for you and the rest of the team to possibly look into.

thank you Captain 07
  • xandercorvusxandercorvus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I think it's back up.
    See my previous post on this page.
    "Join Date: Jun 2012" Says Cryptic's "new" forum system. I've been here since a week before launch, but SOME stuff just didn't carry over through multiple system changes/updates. :rolleyes:
    edited October 2014
    uuuuuuuuurgh...

I miss Brandon and his Coolness!!! :'(

or should I say BranFlakes Khan???

I dunno....

I want a cookie while I wait for Server to come back up, anyone wanna buy me a Cookie???

Chocolate Chip would be nice!!!
    I just had some fresh-baked ones, yum, delish.

*Hands over a plate of them*
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The future is the past, the past is the future ... I'm getting a headache :P

Uh oh....

Hmmmmm....

:D

Bluegeek: They're still running with servers down.

BranFlakes: Of course! We are one big, happy fleet! Ah, Smirk, my old friend, do you know the Klingon proverb that tells us revenge is a dish that is best served cold?

[pause]

BranFlakes: It is very cold in space!

Bluegeek: The Players are still Hailing us sir.

BranFlakes: Let them eat BACON!

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Whelp, just got a 100MB patch... shouldn't be too much longer...

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • hagarthorriblehagarthorrible Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Haven't been able to log in since the update. Opened a ticket & so far support is just lame.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited October 2014
    echatty wrote: »
    I just had some fresh-baked ones, yum, delish.

*Hands over a plate of them*

OH YES!!! YES! YES! YES!! YUUUUUUZ!!!

Sir, Sir, Sir, you have made my night!!!

edited October 2014
    I think it's back up.
    See my previous post on this page.
    No, it isn't. There was only a 107mb patch.

Still a red light on my launcher
    Now a LTS and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.