test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance 10-16-2014 6:30PM - 11PM PDT

Comments

• aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cidjack wrote: »
    You have the ability to turn off the lockbox win messages and admin messages.

I had an untold number of Pms when I logged on informing me the server was going down.

I've never turned off the lockbox win messages. Didn't know you could.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    aphantasm wrote: »
    Too my knowledge I never turned them off. Shoot I just did a fresh reinstall on a new HD a couple weeks back. So even if they had been turned off they would have been turned back on when everything was reset with the reinstall.

Soooooo, what is your point? You do not recall receiving the in-game message, you swear you did not turn off your settings and back that up with a story about a fresh install on a computer.

Are you asking for some sort of compensation?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The whack-a-mole bug smashing seems to be very annoying. I can understand the developers frustration when dealing with this. Fix one thing, a previous bug pops up.

I'd like to add another thing:
    *My away team on Kobali Prime (notworthy being the Intelligence Officer) seems like jumping around, moving back and forth like it's trying to find a path but failing to keep on it.

I thought the tray thing was fixed, so it goes to show the whack-a-mole bit of the problem.

lol i noticed that with my catian intel boff but my other one does not do that

• rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    thomas7906 wrote: »
    :mad:
    I was given no such warning about the server coming down or was i updated to the fact.. So i'm in the middle of upgrading one of my ships " That I'm Forced to do now that this BS of a patch"Sorry Expansion came out.. And as always Cryptic never fails and coming out with something new and breaks everything else in its wake.. Bravo once again from all of us Lifetime Subs who for some stupid reason spend an insane amount of money playing this Broken MMO..:mad:

Noob, you don't speak for me. Take your nerd rage and dishonor and go somewhere else with that TRIBBLE. This was expected to happen or were you not around for the LOR launch? This is actually smooth compared to that.
  • kytho74656kytho74656 Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know about everyone, and this isn't being mean, but as a Fleet Admiral in 3 different fleets, I put out in all of our chats should I see forum posts about changes, downtime, or ingame messages. I do this, not to hear myself talk, but in the event that someone doesn't see them.

For me, I am okay with them taking the game down during peak times in ANY country, should it require it. If it needs fixed, then fix it. I have worked in the computer industry for about 20 years, I understand most of the process.

My only question has been, is there a rollback with this patch? Only because of what could potentially be 'missing' when I log back in to the game. Will I be mad, nope. I might need to redo some things, but overall, life still moves forward.

I am enjoying the new stuff going on, mostly. But, I am also not a person who expects things to cater to me all the time, either.

Remember this when you think of things: do you want a car that is safe and gets you where you want to go, or do you always want to worry about whether it is going to make it or not? Personally, I want what works. If it is needing an 'adjustment', then yeah, a 'recall' is required to fix the issues.

Keep up the great things, even if I don't like all of them, they are still what we have to work with.

Peace.
  • aphantasmaphantasm Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    cidjack wrote: »
    Are you asking for some sort of compensation?

No I am not.
  • spookravenspookraven Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Emergencies aren't planned.. you know...
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    toiva wrote: »
    I just hope it's not a rollback. Otherwise I may end up screwed of a lot of Zen (and mental sanity along with it).

Wait, What? A "Rollback" ?

I just spent money on zen, converted it to dilithium and updated some weapons.

If it's a "rollback", what happens then?
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Wait, What? A "Rollback" ?

I just spent money on zen, converted it to dilithium and updated some weapons.

If it's a "rollback", what happens then?

It's not a rollback. I'm not even sure where that's coming from, if memory serves there hasn't ever been a rollback performed on STO's live server other than during the beta testing back before launch.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's not a rollback. I'm not even sure where that's coming from, if memory serves there hasn't ever been a rollback performed on STO's live server other than during the beta testing back before launch.

We had a SIX hour Rollback about a month ago.

Ya must have missed that one.

:cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • tango2bravotango2bravo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dont want to jinx it but aside from a few glitches this upgrade is huge and going the best I have seen in my time here.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In case a dev is reading this thread, some players have reported being limited to 363,000 skill points instead of 366,000 after respeccing.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=19961141&postcount=22
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    daveyny wrote: »

Ya must have missed that.

Yup, that was fun.
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • bfelczerbfelczer Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great to see you here again, Brandon... However, I am soooo hunting your [REDACTED] down in the [REDACTED] sector when I get the chance! We, have some unfinished business!!! :D

PS: Pls Bring Bacon!

Lol. Bring it, and I'll bring the bacon :P I still know the combo to Tendy's secret reserve.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    edited October 2014
    Dont want to jinx it but aside from a few glitches this upgrade is huge and going the best I have seen in my time here.

So true.

This has been the smoothest addition to the game since the '45 Day' roll-out.

Smooth being very subjective, of course.

I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gulp

Our maintenance will be extended to 9PM PDT tonight folks (extended by one hour)

Sorry for the delay, but we thank you for your patience!

*hides behind the nearest emergency bulkhead*

~CaptainSmirk
    edited October 2014

Ya must have missed that.

Okay, so on the chance it's a rollback.

What happens then? My weaps upgrade work is undone and I get my zen back? Everything I did was reset?
    I start over? :confused:

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gulp

Our maintenance will be extended to 9PM PDT tonight folks (extended by one hour)

~CaptainSmirk

Quick, everyone protect the Captain!!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    here's a 24 of canadian beer captain smirk you'll make er through thanks for the update.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gulp

~CaptainSmirk

Heh. It doesn't work all that well if you tell us where you're hiding. :P

It's fine though. Take whatever time you guys need.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    as long as the crashes are fixed
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
    edited October 2014
    Okay, so on the chance it's a rollback.

What happens then? My weaps upgrade work is undone and I get my zen back? Everything I did was reset?
    I start over? :confused:

LoL

Hell, They just rolled-forward the Maintenance Time by another hour.
    Maybe this will only be a FIVE hour roll-back now.

:D
  • pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Shouldn't you double your repair time estimate, this being Star Trek? How can you keep your reputation as a Miracle Worker?
  • xaramanxaraman Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Smirk,

This is what happens when you don't go on vacation :D
  • fallenhawkfallenhawk Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gulp

~CaptainSmirk
    I could beam you in to space or bomb you from obit with my ship weapons. If you don't get the IT team working faster .

Just kidding (or am I):P.
    [SIGPIC]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y136/Badbones/Mysig.png[/SIGPIC]
    I can still move.
    I can still fight.
    I will never give up!
    edited October 2014

~CaptainSmirk

Ummmm We have tricorders and internal sensors... :rolleyes: plus we can smell your bacon, hand it over :D

• rickskynightrickskynight Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    gulp

~CaptainSmirk

Well when the respec is fixed, you may what to think about putting a points in sub system repair.
    edited October 2014

Ya must have missed that one.

Hahahaha typical, the only damned rollback (unless I've somehow missed another one) and I did actually miss it completely because I was taking a break in preparation for my binge session since I knew DR was coming out and would be shortly followed by the winter event. More than 3000 hours of game time on record and I missed that six hours.

Still, if it were a rollback, they would have said so.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited October 2014
    LoL

Hell, They just rolled-forward the Maintenance Time by another hour.
    Maybe this will only be a FIVE hour roll-back now.

:D

The future is the past, the past is the future ... I'm getting a headache :P

edited October 2014
    gulp

~CaptainSmirk

Well that settles it, I was debating whether or not to stay up and go back in once the server was up, or go to bed now and get some sleep. I'll go sleep and hopefully things will be working tomorrow.
This discussion has been closed.