What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Waiting for Cryptic to respond or to fix this problem is like trying to win the Mega Millions or Powerball lottery.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My older brother has AMD Radeon HD 6900 graphics card and driver(s) on his custom built PC and he has no problems logging in. Something tells me you guys need to change to AMD Radeon, but its up to you.

ATI Radeon here and locked out. As usual it affects a lot of different types of machines.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Looks like we're heading into the third day of Star Trek Online crashes. Hmm, if we're lucky, this problem will be fixed by the time the next millenium rolls around.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I don't know why I was hoping for an emergency patch today, that would fix the crashing issue.

I'm trying not to be (too) mean, but I honestly hoped such issue would take a priority, especially considering this is the n-th time something like this happens after a major update. As it is though, we've barely even got an acknowledgement that the problem exists.

Cryptic, could you at least give as an ETA? No promisses or anything, but at least tell us when do you plan to push the first patch. Consider that people truly WANT to play your game - many of which pre-ordered the Operations Pack - yet once again they can't and you won't even post a reply. We know you don't like to acknowledge that you've pushed your update with such major issues, but that's not really fair towards your customers, isn't it?

Because I admit - I'd really like to play the game, even spend some money - despite the continuing power creep trend - but you're not really encouraging it by not allowing us into the game.

Heck, I'm happy I didn't purchase the Gold subscription, because I'd be really pissed at the moment, crashing to desktop every time I try to log in.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    pelios6pelios6 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi guys dont know if this will be of any help to any of you. But as you can see by my previous posts in this thread i was having same problems as you. I was playing the game via an external Hard Drive ( and i had no probs until this expansion ) So i thought i'd just load game to my desk top. LO & behold it works..could have knocked me down with a feather. No errors,no crashes,no HD Driver errors,no freezing on DR screen.:)
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    it's not a make of your graphic cards. Just it'd be nice if they tell us why it occurs... so um, yeah...
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    it's not a make of your graphic cards. Just it'd be nice if they tell us why it occurs... so um, yeah...

Hi guys dont know if this will be of any help to any of you. But as you can see by my previous posts in this thread i was having same problems as you. I was playing the game via an external Hard Drive ( and i had no probs until this expansion ) So i thought i'd just load game to my desk top. LO & behold it works..could have knocked me down with a feather. No errors,no crashes,no HD Driver errors,no freezing on DR screen.

I know...was just saying it works from my desk top..but not via my hard drive ( which i have played STO from for ages
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Stop lying. You cannot run a game from a computer without first installing it. In order to run it from your desktop, you have to install it on your hard drive first.
  • Options
    mladjaimladjai Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    I don't know why I was hoping for an emergency patch today, that would fix the crashing issue...

Me to, but they obviously dont know what is the problem :confused:
    Xsara
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    Stop lying. You cannot run a game from a computer without first installing it. In order to run it from your desktop, you have to install it on your hard drive first.

Read above..... External Hard Drive.....& why would i lie about it kemchca??
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Then it's still a hard drive. It doesn't matter if the hard drive is internal or external.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Then it's still a hard drive. It doesn't matter if the hard drive is internal or external.

Jeez.....all i know is trying to play the game via my External Hard Drive ( Expansion Drive F )
    it don't work ( i get same problems as everyone is having ).....now it does
  • Options
    dutchvanwagnerdutchvanwagner Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Keeps crashing for me since the update. Maybe the new expansion made the game unplayable on my system now. Guess I have to abandon STO. :mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    This is why I refuse to pay a single dollar to play this game. the Cryptic devs can't release a single update without the game crashing due to graphics cards. I guess Cryptic is in the business of losing money instead of making it. The client launcher has never had a stable release since it went F2P.
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ah well i guess i'm sol for now until they fix the bloody thing unable to play. well back to swtor till perfectworld and cryptic decide to fix this mess
  • Options
    dutchvanwagnerdutchvanwagner Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I run a pretty low end old laptop, but it still ran okay. A little glitchy in heavy combat but never crashed. Now it just won't even load.

I tried to play it on my roomates laptop, and it crashed his system after I played and tried to log off.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Cryptic simply isn't impressing any of us here. They should be releasing this updates with no conflict and they cannot say that they didn't know about this crashes because they were infromed of these nvidia graphics card conflicts back when Delta Rising was going through beta testing. This is the problem with software devs, they always release their buggy software and they don't fix the bugs in the software before releasing it.
  • Options
    ddesjardinsddesjardins Member Posts: 3,056 Media Corps
    edited October 2014
    So, this is going into day two that the client launcher keeps crashing. This is to be expected from Chinese devs.

Yeesh. As far as I know, they're american. And fairly good at their jobs.

BTW when you get to play, DR's pretty good.
    Cryptic simply isn't impressing any of us here. They should be releasing this updates with no conflict and they cannot say that they didn't know about this crashes because they were infromed of these nvidia graphics card conflicts back when Delta Rising was going through beta testing. This is the problem with software devs, they always release their buggy software and they don't fix the bugs in the software before releasing it.

Not always. Just in time to target you personally. JK of course.

There's a bug list longer than my arm. They're working on it. Except for people dumb enough to try the Windows 10 preview and expect everything to work well.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    For some reason, something tells me that they're putting this launcher crash/nvidia problem at the bottom of their list and with the Christmas annual event coming up, it's a very <censored> to those of us who play the game. I think I'm on the verge of saying forget it, and just go back to playing offline games. At least, I don't have to worry about my desktop games crashing.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Release notes for tomorrow are up.

"Fixed graphics errors that were causing crashes.."

good luck all.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Release notes for tomorrow are up.

"Fixed graphics errors that were causing crashes.."

good luck all.

Just seen them. Excellent.

Here's hoping for a fully loading and smoothly running Delta Rising for all of us after the patch later today!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Okay folks, patch tomorrow hopefully resolves this.

So, let's see. Patience everyone. I don't know if every single person will be resolved, but if you're the crash to desktop for DR loading screen, this SHOULD fix it.
  • Options
    xanthestarxanthestar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I've been having this same issue, but I JUST found something that works for me:

If I open the game, then change to another window - like Firefox - and wait two minutes. Give the game enough time to load in the background. Then I alt-tab back over, and the character selection screen works.

I'm not sure why, but...if I'm on it, it crashes when it tries to load character select. Be visually away from it? And I can load it fine.

Maybe this will let some of you get on.
  • Options
    amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Okay folks, patch tomorrow hopefully resolves this.

So, let's see. Patience everyone. I don't know if every single person will be resolved, but if you're the crash to desktop for DR loading screen, this SHOULD fix it.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! I'm so caught up between being a positivist and thinking that all will be resolved and a negativist that thinks that it will just get worse! :(

Here's hoping it will actually solve our problems; :rolleyes:
  • Options
    keithcooper1966keithcooper1966 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I hate to sound like a party pooper, but don't get your hopes up after the patch. The patch is already up on Tribble and there is no change. The game still crashes to desktop after the Delta Rsing screen appears. I'm getting error code 34310034. What bothers also is that the crash to desktop is not even mentioned in section about unresolved errors. I hope everything works out well for some of you, but it's not working for me at the moment. I guess we will have to remain patient. What else is there to do?
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm getting error code 34310034. What bothers also is that the crash to desktop is not even mentioned in section about unresolved errors.
    Yeah, they never mention these kinds of issues in the patch notes - in fact they rarely acknowledge these sorts of errors at all.

I wouldn't bet that this patch fixes it, although it might help some borderline cases.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xanthestar wrote: »
    I've been having this same issue, but I JUST found something that works for me:

If I open the game, then change to another window - like Firefox - and wait two minutes. Give the game enough time to load in the background. Then I alt-tab back over, and the character selection screen works.

I'm not sure why, but...if I'm on it, it crashes when it tries to load character select. Be visually away from it? And I can load it fine.

Maybe this will let some of you get on.
    I tried this. Perhaps didn't wait long enough, but it crashed when I switched to it.

On the plus side, I did get a different error number. 35750578
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    last time, they didnt put this fix on tribble, they just uploaded it straight out.
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ATI Radeon 5770 here. No problems with graphics.