What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Welcome back to all the old faces and congratulations to all the new ones. you are now a part of the Order of Persistence!

If anyone has a good idea for a Crash sig let me know!
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    spazoid1701spazoid1701 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Just to confirm this is also showing up on the mac client.... this sucks so hard
  • Options
    cletschkacletschka Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Crashes for me too. Tried like 10 times (and logged tickets with it two). Hopefully they are going to fix it soon or I will simply move on to a different MMO.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Just to confirm this is also showing up on the mac client.... this sucks so hard

Been this way since Season 8 maybe even before that.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Been this way since Season 8 maybe even before that.

at least season 5
  • Options
    spazoid1701spazoid1701 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    i was able to fix it before by lowering graphics settings and removing MPAA
    :(
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Still crashing.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    Still crashing.

Kemcha. Wait until patches are done. When it patches then give it a try. Otherwise we're just wasting efforts. However, they have asked for our graphic information. So, what card you're using, please post.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    i was able to fix it before by lowering graphics settings and removing MPAA
    :(

I thought of that lowered my graphics and went Half resolution before I logged out last night. If it works again let us know.

Anybody got that old swift shader file that gave us a workaround for S8? maybe it will work this time as well.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    Thanks for the reports. I've made sure that all the crash numbers reported in this thread are in our bug database and with the appropriate people. I've also sent out an email that lets the team know about them.
    STO QA Team
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Wait until the patches are done? When? April 2015, six months from now? Cryptic has been releasing patches that crash the game client ever since it went F2P, four years ago. You would think that Cryptic would have fixed that particular problem.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    crypticfrost said he's now aware of it and is working on a fix.

So, give it a few days, probably thursday or next thursday.

Got this same problem in neverwinter 3 months ago, they gave me a solution, worked once then got back to the same problem, and still waiting for a decent solution
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    lastwolf25 wrote: »
    Got this same problem in neverwinter 3 months ago, they gave me a solution, worked once then got back to the same problem, and still waiting for a decent solution

well, they do resolve this problem every time. It just comes back when they do a massive update.
  • Options
    lastwolf25lastwolf25 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    well, they do resolve this problem every time. It just comes back when they do a massive update.

I hope, it's been 2 months since last time I could log in to neverwinter, don't want to have the same in STO, last 3 seasons I didn't have any problem, excepting maybe the massive disconects when I was getting the temporal ambassador mission during the 3° anyversary, took me like 3 hours to get the mission complete with my 2 alts back then
  • Options
    darioo1darioo1 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    #34310034 here.. crashing at delta loading screen..as every1 else :eek:
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you guys have infinite loading screen like,

Star Trek Delta Rising

And it keeps doing that forever, just exit the game by clicking "ctr alt del" bring up task manager and click on the game launcher and click on "end task" button.

Then just start the game again, but before you click engage, find and click on Options which is on the top of the game launcher, scroll down and click on the box where it says "Safe Mode" then click save. After that, click engage. Your graphics will be reset to their lowest so you will have to redo them in the options while you are in the game or in the main menu.

I have to do that every time I want to play STO

If that doesn't work for you then there's something else wrong with your game/computer

Good Luck!
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Star Trek Delta Rising

And it keeps doing that forever, just exit the game by clicking "ctr alt del" bring up task manager and click on the game launcher and click on "end task" button.

Then just start the game again, but before you click engage, find and click on Options which is on the top of the game launcher, scroll down and click on the box where it says "Safe Mode" then click save. After that, click engage. Your graphics will be reset to their lowest so you will have to redo them in the options while you are in the game or in the main menu.

If that doesn't work for you then there's something else wrong with your game/computer

Good Luck!

IT hasnt worked in the past, but hey, sure why not
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    nope, sorry. didnt work
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    This happens every time there is a major update to the game. I'm not expecting this to be fixed, considering that it happens every time there is a major update.
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Star Trek Delta Rising

Good Luck!

Tried it. Didn't work.

Got a new error code though.

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

@ren_larreck
  • Options
    crazytank1crazytank1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Getting error 35340467. I'm using an NVIDIA card

Was able to load in through safe mode then it crashed. It gave me the error code 33264755

Went in through safe mode again, definitely not my card. I'm playing now and was able to up my video settings again.

Wtf, 700 zen to upgrade my ship? That's nearly half of what I paid for it! Between that and the crashes I can't say DR is off to a good start impressing me.
  • Options
    janovethjanoveth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    srsly? everytime....EVERYTIME there's a big update this things happens....really.WTH?
    I start to think that monkey will do a better job....srsly.
  • Options
    kazisakikazisaki Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Mine crashes to desktop in the middle of the first loading screen. first time post update its ever done this. i can run sto on max with only minor lag on this thing so its not that i dont meet the reqs. Oh, right. as an added bonus the thing thats suposed to give you the bloody error code for the crash report dialog just hangs up and dosnt do anything. been waiting over 2 hours for the error code lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    n1ngmastern1ngmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I get fatal error: unable to initialise on-demand patching and connect to patch server. The connection was idle for too long

So possibly loads of users patching stopping the verification...??

No error codes

Using nvidia as that seems to have been asked, also verified files and tried safemode.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hopefully they'll fix this problem in the next patch for those who have it, when ever that will be.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    marctomassmarctomass Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes - it's probably the fact that there are too many people patching and the server is unable to handle all the requests at once. It always happens. Better to try later on after people have gotten frustrated and quit, or that the most people have gone to sleep.

Best of luck to all us trying to patch!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    "hopefully they'll fix it in the next patch"? Are you serious? This is why Cryptic has a poor track record and why there are so many complaints. There shouldn't be any crashes like this and it's unacceptable that there are even any crashes. The devs, even though they are talented, should be giving us update patches that do NOT crash the client. It really isn't that difficult and this has been an ongoing problem for more than a few years now.

So, a Chinese company purchases Cryptic, and we still get the same level of client crashes as we did before? I would have expected that the crashes would be a thing of the past and that the devs would have found a way to solve that problem. Every time there is a major update to the game, everyone starts experiencing crashes.

My apologies to the GMs but this is unacceptable.
  • Options
    maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Game loads fine on my lap-top, which is NOT loaded thru ARC.. My desk-top, on the other hand is loaded via ARC and game crashes after the Delta Rising Logo, no error messages or anything..

Task Maganer indicates STOL NOT RESPONDING

Loads and plays fine on NON ARC Lap-top.. Ha dto readjust settings for display and such, but no black screen of death unless loading via ARC..
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    It crashes for me through the stand-alone launcher as well as the Arc launcher.
  • Options
    boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I call it the Blue Screen of death. Right after the loading screen I see this quick Blue Screen and then crash.