What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

crash to desktop loading screen

Comments

• Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Well, I'm back in the club. I was slightly hopeful since I didn't have 'the crash' at the last major update after having been locked out for several weeks in all the prior ones since LoR. Got to the Delta Rising splash screen and crashed out. :(

Error code: 34310034

EDIT: Tried force verify, changed resolution to 1024 x 768 and ran in SAFE MODE, all to no avail. Same error code each time.

System specs (horribad, actually)
    Pentium 4 3.60 GHz, 3.25 GB RAM, ATI Fire GL V3100

This was an awesome workstation back before Twitter was invented, and still performs well at running AutoCAD, but modern 3D gaming makes old computer feel old. ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    jamesstjamesjamesstjames Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Throw me into the pile of people who can't log in.

Got in fine last night for a few minutes - this morning I get either black/white screen of nothingness through STO, and the same error as others through Arc.

Well there goes my time off today :(
    tumblr_meud0dq0CT1rq8ga2o1_250.gif
  • Options
    sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I can get in with Safe Mode...albeit very bad graphics

However, Normal mode... I get to the the Delta Rising Screen and the the game freezes. Eventually I get a DirectX3D Device Disconnect message.

Running Intel HD 4600
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • Options
    constantine4constantine4 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    W2242 (1680x1050@60Hz)
    512MB NVIDIA GeForce G210 (Unknown)

Well this is my gfx card, with LoR atleast i could login now and then, uggh this going to take months again i know it.
    Belgium

Light travels faster than sound, that is why some people appear bright untill they speak.
  • Options
    amrprincessamrprincess Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Very well then; I had hoped that in the morning of the next day things would suddenly and miraculously be solved... :rolleyes:

Alas it was not the case; :(

However! My error code now is slightly different... And i don't know what caused it's sudden change :confused:

Yesterday: #35704035

Today: #35704034

Now, the question is: All these error numbers do actually mean something, or they are just a random collection of numbers? Because i can't imagine what must have happened to the "5" to become a "6"...
  • Options
    kemchakemcha Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    ... still crashing ...
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    kenddarkenddar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    "to help us out, please indicate"

That's a kick in the head considering they never fix these problems.
    possibilities are a thing of hope, sometimes it drives us toward something better
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Slightly different from what most people reported here, but I'm also crashing to desktop completely randomly - although most of the time when I try to enter a new area and a loading screen should appear. I'm able to get in game, but usually after 10-15 minutes a crash to desktop occurs.
    This didn't happen yesterday and I was able to play. Today is nothing but crashing all the time. This renders the game completely unplayable for me.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So, this is going into day two that the client launcher keeps crashing. This is to be expected from Chinese devs.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I'm running an old install of Linux and WINE, and get this as my error after loading screen (bar advances slightly, then:
  • Options
    wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited October 2014

"The more things change, the more they stay the same"
    Bastet
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Yay! I wasn't able to get in game yet, but at least my error code after crash to desktop is completely different! :rolleyes:

#33880952 :confused:
  • Options
    eglerioneglerion Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014

Crashed during Deta Rising Screen.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I'd still like to know how Cryptic's STO got voted best MMO game, when the game is severely prone to crashes, glitches and errors.
  • Options
    alan1701halan1701h Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    GOOD MORNING CAPTAIN - U.S.S. Excelsior computer error screen, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock

Delta Rising? "Delta crashes" more like. Failures every time after character selection screen. Fix please.

"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain." - Commander Montgomery Scott, Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    "to help us out, please indicate"

That's a kick in the head considering they never fix these problems.
    You know, they've had this problem at every major release. It usually lasts 2-3 weeks. Yeah, it is frustrating for those of us who are affected. But it *does* get fixed. Get over yourself.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    If Cryptic depends on paid users, they need to start getting their TRIBBLE together because there is no justifiable reason why this should happen everytime they apply a major update/patch like this one. It's starting to get ridiculous.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    So, i'll just post another case of different error code:

Don't honestly know why they change so much, but i suppose that knowing why the error numbers are so different, is the equivalent to knowing what is the problem and why the is it occurring in the first place... :(

Anyway, if anyone from the development team could give any kind of explanation or even a theory as to why that happens, that would be very awesome;
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    You know, they've had this problem at every major release. It usually lasts 2-3 weeks. Yeah, it is frustrating for those of us who are affected. But it *does* get fixed. Get over yourself.

The problem is not that it does get fixed after some time; The real problem is that it never gets permanently fixed. We had this problem in Legacy of Romulus, and in almost all of the large patches sent our way since. But in the end of the day not only the problem repeats itself when there's a new patch/season/expansion, but it will get fixed only until the next one; And that is what is so frustrating :(
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    We had this problem with Season 9, Season 8, Season 7, Season 6. I guess it's too much to expect the Cryptic devs not give us a release that DOES NOT crash the game client. I'm starting to think that Cryptic is doing this deliberately to players using nvidia graphics cards, since these crashes are directly related to nvidia graphics cards.
  • Options
    enniksenniks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    1st PC, Radeon: Working
    2nd PC, NVidia: Working

Laptop, Intel 4400, not working

VMWare virtual Machine on this Laptop: Working :rolleyes:

it's annoying but not related to NVidia Cards.
    Geben Sie jemanden einen Fisch und Sie ernähren ihn für einen Tag; 
    lehren Sie jemanden zu fischen und Sie verlieren einen verlässlichen Kunden.

• Options
    boneskthboneskth Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    kemcha wrote: »
    We had this problem with Season 9, Season 8, Season 7, Season 6. I guess it's too much to expect the Cryptic devs not give us a release that DOES NOT crash the game client. I'm starting to think that Cryptic is doing this deliberately to players using nvidia graphics cards, since these crashes are directly related to nvidia graphics cards.

Its not related just to Nvidia cards. I have an intel chip set and its happening to me as well. It has happed to me for the past several expansions for new seasons.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Maybe but it seems to be more widespread among nvidia graphics than anything else.
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My older brother has AMD Radeon HD 6900 graphics card and driver(s) on his custom built PC and he has no problems logging in. Something tells me you guys need to change to AMD Radeon, but its up to you.
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    pelios6pelios6 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My older brother has AMD Radeon HD 6900 graphics card and driver(s) on his custom built PC and he has no problems logging in. Something tells me you guys need to change to AMD Radeon, but its up to you.

I have an AMD Radeon HD8550G and i am having same problem.:mad:
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    We're still waiting, Crypturd. :p
  • Options
    alchevsk1992alchevsk1992 Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    pelios6 wrote: »
    I have an AMD Radeon HD8550G and i am having same problem.:mad:

Dang, that gotta suck.:(
    tumblr_no772wVUH31u41vjso1_r1_1280.png

"Our history, our past, our present and our future is now forever changed. All we can do is preserve what is left and continue onwards. This is not a surrender nor defeat, we will continue the fight. This is our last hope, our last chance... for victory."

Vlasek D. Lasor - 4.19.3580

Star Trek Online: Foundry Storyline Series
  • Options
    sovakofvulcansovakofvulcan Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Any update from the powers that be...(support desk?)
    Admiral Jisil T'ror
    Admiral Sovak
    “Does anyone remember when we used to be explorers...”
  • Options
    imperionoctemimperionoctem Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    My mate and I both patched, I had zero problems, but he keeps getting this error, just after the Delta Rising fullscreen picture :
    Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code
    (DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED) while checking sync query.

Technical Details:Sync query 13 0x180d2280 GetData == 0x887a0005 0 F 0
    D3D11 Device removed due to DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG 0x887a0006

Repairing files had no positive effect. Malwarebytes and Spybot applied, significant reduction in loadtime, but still crash with same error. Acer Aspire 5334 laptop with custom Intel GMA 4500M driver, attempt to update that with the 2011 or 2012 driver from Intel halts after unpacking files, reporting incorrect version for hardware.

Hope this helps. :(