What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 Ships Details

Comments

• Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    okay my fleet got togethor an discussed the T6 ships. Not too much of an issue with the KDF and Rom ships but the fed ships. Not one of us like it and a couple of us have work on game mods and saw better designs then these pieces of garbage. the only decent one is one they didn't make. They took the Courageous class, a downloadable ship from STAR TREK LEGACY and put it in. Okay why can't we see any of Activision's desings in game if you can put a Legacy ship in?

Only thing I see that looks anything like the Courageous is the Hazari ship; which is right out of the show, not another game (see here).
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't believe that people are NOT playing KDF because of the ships alone. Granted I want a T6 BoP as much as the next guy, but I will use my T5-U B'rel and do just fine even if they don't release one. As for the rest of them, I will use my T5-U ships on ALL factions, until I decide if any of the T6's are worthy of purchase.

I personally am not afraid of using my existing ships and do not need the "the best of the best" to feel good about myself like some people.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,560 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    capnmanx wrote: »
    Only thing I see that looks anything like the Courageous is the Hazari ship; which is right out of the show, not another game (see here).

nope look again at the trailer for Greed Rising then bing Star trek Courageous class
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    okay my fleet got togethor an discussed the T6 ships. Not too much of an issue with the KDF and Rom ships but the fed ships. Not one of us like it and a couple of us have work on game mods and saw better designs then these pieces of garbage. the only decent one is one they didn't make. They took the Courageous class, a downloadable ship from STAR TREK LEGACY and put it in. Okay why can't we see any of Activision's desings in game if you can put a Legacy ship in?

The courageous class was built far earlier than legacy. It was around in the early days of Bridge commander modding, perhaps earlier.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    edited August 2014
    nope look again at the trailer for Greed Rising then bing Star trek Courageous class

I'm not seeing it. What time does it appear?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I'm not seeing it. What time does it appear?

about the second half. pay close attention to the ships.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    about the second half. pay close attention to the ships.

I keep looking and looking; but I'm not seeing anything that looks more like a Courageous than that Hazari ship.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Um, I checked Memory beta and I don't see a Courageous class ship there. there's several ships named that(including a Cardassian ship), but no classes.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    fireseeedfireseeed Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Courageous class look like a Romulan/federation hybrid design to me.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Um, I checked Memory beta and I don't see a Courageous class ship there. there's several ships named that(including a Cardassian ship), but no classes.

that's why i said bing
    but here you go
    http://legacy.filefront.com/file/Courageous_Class_Cruiser;81729

now look at the Greed Rising Trailer around the second half and note the ship you see and compare it to that photo.
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    that's why i said bing
    but here you go
    http://legacy.filefront.com/file/Courageous_Class_Cruiser;81729

now look at the Greed Rising Trailer around the second half and note the ship you see and compare it to that photo.

Are you talking about this ship?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/6008783
  • Options
    edited August 2014

yup, still compare that to the Courageous and note the similarities.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    yup, still compare that to the Courageous and note the similarities.

That is the Hazari ship!

As I already pointed out, that ship is from the show itself, not just made up by Cryptic.

If any ship here is a rip off at all, it would be the Courageous ripping off the Hazari; not the other way around.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The courageous that ripped off the hazari who ripped of the courageous has IN fact ripped of the whitestar instead, which itself may very well have ripped off the light romulan cruisers from starfleet battles/stafleet command.

Stop pointing fingers.
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    The courageous that ripped off the hazari who ripped of the courageous has IN fact ripped of the whitestar instead, which itself may very well have ripped off the light romulan cruisers from starfleet battles/stafleet command.

Stop pointing fingers.

But the "Narcine" Xindi Aquatic ship is based off of the White Star wireframe anyways.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    reynoldsxd wrote: »

Stop pointing fingers.

Heh. True enough. :)
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    But the "Narcine" Xindi Aquatic ship is based off of the White Star wireframe anyways.

Well, you might as well say that the whitestar stole from the cross jesus got hammered onto.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    That is the Hazari ship!

As I already pointed out, that ship is from the show itself, not just made up by Cryptic.

If any ship here is a rip off at all, it would be the Courageous ripping off the Hazari; not the other way around.
    Agreed, the Hazari ship is a canon design. It was first seen in 1999.
    Size: 6.8 MB
    Developer: NG|mods
    Downloads: 6622
    Date Added: 08-08-2007
    Type / Category: Ships > Future Timeline > Federation
    This came MUCH later.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Agreed, the Hazari ship is a canon design. It was first seen in 1999.This came MUCH later.

it just shows that in the end Cryptic has crappy ship designers. their are several modelers out there that can make better ships for the game. especially in the fed department.
  • Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    it just shows that in the end Cryptic has crappy ship designers. their are several modelers out there that can make better ships for the game. especially in the fed department.

Wait, so you're upset that Cryptic is staying true to canon design?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Uh, what? How is that lame-sauce fan-design better than a Cryptic creation?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually I got no problem with Cryptic's Romulan or Klingon designs.

Their fed ships are ugly mostly, but than again, Canon fed ships are fugly too. Especially the Galaxy and the Oberth.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    tcostik wrote: »
    Wait, so you're upset that Cryptic is staying true to canon design?

But they are NOT. no one in my fleet likes the fed designs.
  • Options
    blargblahblahblargblahblah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Personally, I think the new T6 cruiser with the four nacelles is a beautiful ship. I will fly it with all the grace it has.

My question is, along with these new ships, what will happen to existing MK XII space gear, like the MACO or Borg sets? Will they become obsolete or be automatically upgraded for those who already have it, like what happened with the Aegis?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,870 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Personally, I think the new T6 cruiser with the four nacelles is a beautiful ship. I will fly it with all the grace it has.

My question is, along with these new ships, what will happen to existing MK XII space gear, like the MACO or Borg sets? Will they become obsolete or be automatically upgraded for those who already have it, like what happened with the Aegis?

They haven't answered that question yet but I can easily see one of two things happening.

1. They'll become auto-scaling (which is the easiest solution, most satisfying to us, and the glitch from last week seems to show that cryptic has the capacity to make this happen and for all current "end game" items including fleet gear too.)

2. There will be a relatively cheap Rep project to turn in a XII big of gear for its XIV equivalent (which wouldn't apply to aegis but I woudl suspect that it'll scale to XIV in any case.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    blargblahblahblargblahblah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They haven't answered that question yet but I can easily see one of two things happening.

1. They'll become auto-scaling (which is the easiest solution, most satisfying to us, and the glitch from last week seems to show that cryptic has the capacity to make this happen and for all current "end game" items including fleet gear too.)

2. There will be a relatively cheap Rep project to turn in a XII big of gear for its XIV equivalent (which wouldn't apply to aegis but I woudl suspect that it'll scale to XIV in any case.)

That would make sense, considering the time, effort and cost of those pieces.
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Fed cruiser has grown on me like CANCER!!! :P Can't wait for it!! :eek::D:cool:
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    k022#6452 k022 Member Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    HOLY HELL!

Ok its a pretty design and have to give the artists props on that but it really does not yell starfleet at me. It says tron, and a little battle star galactic. I know the feds are upgrading tech, but it doesn't even look FED. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And I'm still waiting for Typhoon....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]