Install Arc
Options

Tier 6 Ships Details

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    sekritagentsekritagent Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't care for the new T6 Starfleet ships at all. Oh well, saves me a little dough.
    Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and the players love it! No, seriously! ...Why are you laughing so hard? :(
  • Options
    reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Just occurred to me, wasn't there a novel a few years go by William Shatner where he brought Kirk back from the dead (again) and gave him a Section31-built stealth-modified Defiant to go single-handedly beat the Borg or something?

And now The Shat's self-insertion fanfic is the basis of the new ships. Explains SO much.
  • Options
    gfreeman98gfreeman98 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mchenckula wrote: »
    Thanks. Some of those look funky, maybe it's just the angle, but the Guardian Cruiser looks OK.
    screenshot_2015-03-01-resize4.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    The fact that most of the griping is about that demonstrates that this subjective preference is objectively prevalent to a significant crossection of this game's community. The fact that the primary evaluation is subjective does not mean that it is objectively irrelevant, given the widespread, shared concerns.

Also- it is not an entirely subjective evaluation to say that these designs are a deviation from what is to be expected from Federation ships. There are objective qualities that are not fulfilled.
    I can think of only three traits that... MOST... Starfleet ships have. Nacelles, a Deflector dish, and they're usually spraypainted white. And not all Starfleet ships have all of those. All other design attributes vary greatly.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    THX FOR MAKING A SUPER UGLY SHIP FOR THE FEDS FOR THE NEW TIER 6 CLASS SHIPS! PLEASE LET ME GAG SOME MORE, CHOKE, CHOKE, CHOKE! IS IT NOT POSSIBLE TO MAKE A GREAT NEW SEX LOOKING CONSTITUTION CLASS SHIP? THEN NOT TRIBBLE IT UP BY LIMITING IT TO MINOR TACTICAL STATIONS!

I GUESS THE FED'S HAVE NO CLASS WHEN IT COME TO SHIPS!!!:mad:

ANOTHER SHIP I WONT BUY.......................................

I just checked this top ten list, http://www.toptenz.net/10-ridiculous-video-game-controversies.php, and these ship designs didn't make the list!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Guardian-class is the only one of those that even comes close to looking like a Federation starship. Hell, even the Avenger-class looks better than those other three on pure aesthetic grounds.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    dixonhilldixonhill Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also...

Starfleet's intelligence service is not Section 31. Section 31 is a rogue "agency", that does mean it's not government sanctioned or part of the Federation or Starfleet.

Starfleet's intelligence service is called "Starfleet Intelligence".

Yeah, this ^

Would not make sense for Section 31 to build ships. Maybe they would be able to develop one super advanced spy ship and muster a crew for it, but not entire fleets. Sec 31 does not operate like traditional intel sections. They dont have a HQ, or funding or shipyards.

However.

The klingon and romulan ships look somewhat ok. I can imagine having one of those. The starfleet ships on the other hand, sigh. I think its mostly the materials which makes them look so, uhm, strange.
    The guardian looks promising, although the neck section is too upright for my taste.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can think of only three traits that... MOST... Starfleet ships have. Nacelles, a Deflector dish, and they're usually spraypainted white. And not all Starfleet ships have all of those. All other design attributes vary greatly.

Matte grey hulls (on all ships since NX-01) with identification markings.
    Generally tubular nacelles that run parallel to eachother.
    Stanchions separating the nacelles from the hull.
    Red or soft blue colors on the nacelles (both on all ships since the ambassador)
    Rounded saucers.
    Generally modular design.

If these T6 ships had included even a few of these design elements, they'd look infinitely better.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    warpedcore wrote: »
    Gene Roddenberry indicated in various interviews that "our heroes don't sneak around", indicating that the Federation made a conscious decision to not develop cloaking technology.

According to the plans released for the Enterprise A (from TMP), it had a cloak. I forget what the retcon for TNG was for why they didn't have it.
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dixonhill wrote: »
    Would not make sense for Section 31 to build ships. Maybe they would be able to develop one super advanced spy ship and muster a crew for it, but not entire fleets.

Well except for timelines where their leader is the head of Starfleet.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    All Fed flying spoon designs are fugly. They all look like they fell out of the fugly tree and hit every fugly branch on the way down where they were beaten by Fraggles wielding fugly sticks.

... and leaving a mess for the DOOZERS to have to clean up with fugly trucks.
    :cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    stomperx99stomperx99 Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And I'm still waiting for Typhoon....

SHHHHHhhhhhhhh.... my child.... Will be rewarded with the holy vessels.....
    ZomboDroid10122015042230.jpg

I'm sorry to people who I, in the past, insulted, annoyed, etc.
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    According to the plans released for the Enterprise A (from TMP), it had a cloak. I forget what the retcon for TNG was for why they didn't have it.

Do you have source material for this statement?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    Uhm, you realize that starships had sensor arrays, right? They didn't just look out the window at stuff. :rolleyes:

...Except in the first season of TNG.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    azniadeet wrote: »
    Matte grey hulls (on all ships since NX-01) with identification markings.
    Generally tubular nacelles that run parallel to eachother.
    Stanchions separating the nacelles from the hull.
    Red or soft blue colors on the nacelles (both on all ships since the ambassador)
    Rounded saucers.
    Generally modular design.

If these T6 ships had included even a few of these design elements, they'd look infinitely better.

I wouldn't call any nacelle past TMP tubular.
    Defiant broke the nacelles from hull rule.
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    khan5000 wrote: »
    I wouldn't call any nacelle past TMP tubular.
    Defiant broke the nacelles from hull rule.

The general shape of every nacelle, defiant included, has been long, narrow, and generally long slender 'tubes'. They've just become contoured, and occasionally a bit squared away.

And yes, the Defiant broke a lot of rules- but even still managed to hold enough of these Federation-esq characteristics to be recognizable. There are several Federation ships that broke a few of these rules- but none broke them all, or even a majority of them.
  • Options
    katanahiryukatanahiryu Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    stomperx99 wrote: »
    SHHHHHhhhhhhhh.... my child.... Will be rewarded with the holy vessels.....

All Hail Typhoon!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Actually the science one does specifically this one

http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/File:Uss_vengenace.jpg

um.... no.

the scryer was actually based off ..... this perpetual design.
  • Options
    ender357ender357 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    tenkari wrote: »
    um.... no.

the scryer was actually based off ..... this perpetual design.

bro......do you even luna?

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120211100442/alphacommand/images/4/4d/Luna-01.jpg

its literally a slightly modified luna class deep space science vessel with different stats

btw i happen to really like the Eclipse Crusier, looks unique
  • Options
    stf65stf65 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ender357 wrote: »

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120211100442/alphacommand/images/4/4d/Luna-01.jpg

its literally a slightly modified luna class deep space science vessel with different stats

btw i happen to really like the Eclipse Crusier, looks unique
    It's not a luna at all. it has no hull that i can see. it's like a miranda: a saucer with warp nacelles. and it has the ring saucer that so many of perpetual's ships had.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And I'm still waiting for Typhoon....

You've had lots of practice waiting for that so I'm sure a few more years will be easy. ;)
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ender357 wrote: »

Wow, you either need your eyes checked or your definition of 'slightly' is light years away from the dictionary's :D It's in no way close to a Luna. If anything it's a Defiant with a mission pod, really long nacelle ends and a basketball hoop welded to the front of it. ;)