Install Arc
Options

Expansion 2: Delta Rising

Comments

• Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    daqhegh wrote: »
    The one dude they called the art director mispronounced "Ocampa." I don't even like Voyager and I can say it right. More proof they have a serious disconnect. I mean, come on. They people who designed the Ocampa MUST have seen more than one episode when the name was said, or spoke to one another about it on occasion, right? ....right?
    Have you ever made a mistake? ever? If you have, then you'd know what it would feel like if someone called you out on your mistake, in fact, you probably do know what it feels like... so, why would you call Brad out on his minor mistake?
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    People just trying to find the littlest things to complain about. Lets try totalk about something positive yes?

What do you think this further specialization beyond level 50 will be? Someone class/captain specific I'd reckon, but what do you think it might be?

Maybe a 3 prong skill tree that you can place a point per level going up to give specific skills/abilities/buffs per ship type? Maybe abilities to buff specific class oritented abilities like orbital strike? Make the beam a scatter beam and a bigger aoe for less damage?
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Don't you think you're being a little harsh there? The others above said (including quack) it much better than I could. These guys are just like us, human beings... We all make mistakes.

OMG! HE SAID SOMETHING WRONG! DOOOM!!

I cannot believe how nitpicky some people are...
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    captrott1captrott1 Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I wonder if the race we get to see the homeworld of are the Vidiians. We know from the episode Think Tank that their plague was cured. It would be interesting to see how the species pulled itself back together following a plague which basically changed who they were.
  • Options
    cincyman39cincyman39 Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    OMG! HE SAID SOMETHING WRONG! DOOOM!!

I cannot believe how nitpicky some people are...

This whole week has been nothing but Doom. Yes they dropped the ball by not having a dev blog on monday over x2 but my lord after reading the forums all week I got the feeling that everyone expected every single detail to be posted this week come on really???

And then the out cry over tier 6 ships is just plain crazy. Were getting a new level cap so why not a stronger ship I sure dont see much complaining over the lower tier ships you know tier 2,3,4 maybe those should get a free pass as well??

Before anyone flames me Ive been in my ships for four years I got them right where I want them spent time and money and thats fine I have the sence to know I'll be going to level 60 so I want the new tier 6 ship and so what if I have to start over its called progress.

Nobody complained when the special gear and consoles came out making the original mk11 TRIBBLE but oh no let them bring out a tier 6 ship and its an all out war.
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Relax.

Standing in front of a huge crowd making sure you give all the right information will make you forget your own name much less a made up race of beings.

Brad is incredibly knowledgeable about Star Trek whether you want to believe it or not.

I can believe this. I still get stage fright standing in front of a group of people numbering fewer than 10. If the worst this guy did was stumble over a made up alien race's name then he's doing a fantastic job.
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Relax.

Standing in front of a huge crowd making sure you give all the right information will make you forget your own name much less a made up race of beings.

Brad is incredibly knowledgeable about Star Trek whether you want to believe it or not.

Yeah, I was about to write down the same thing. It's obvious that he was a bit nervous by the way his hands were shaking while talking about the expansion and that's perfectly normal.
    Had that happen to me a few times, if you're not specially trained or used to this sort of thing, talking in front a large crowd trying to share important info can be overwhelming to a person.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    wintiemintiewintiemintie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    edalgo wrote: »
    Wasn't Delta Rising a Chuck Norris movie?

Replace the planes in this with two Galaxy classes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-D1KVIuvjA

Would be best expansion announcement trailer ever.
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Relax.

That was coming from the same guy who thinks a viable tactic for STFs is to simply not fire your weapons at all.

I'd question any criticism he shares with extreme skepticism based on his past posting history.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    redz4twredz4tw Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2014
    sqwished wrote: »
    So every piece of gear and equipment we've ground for and brought will now become obsolete?
    I'm so sick of this attitude, what part of wait until the Q&A do you not understand
  • Options
    daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    redz4tw wrote: »
    I'm so sick of this attitude, what part of wait until the Q&A do you not understand

I'm really not concerned with it. The only place obsolescence matters is in PvP. And even then...who the hell cares?
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • Options
    sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2014

I'd say all of it! Because I will not put faith in any thing they say when they refer to "looking after us" If they tell me its raining, I'll go look out side and make sure. And I'll guess they'll avoid giving anyone a straight answer that's if they answer a direct question. Also if you take offense to my question, then that's your issue, but the question is perfectly valid and I'm sure I'm not the only person i the game that wants to know!. I've been blind sided to many times in game due to lack of information and false promises.
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    The one dude they called the art director mispronounced "Ocampa." I don't even like Voyager and I can say it right. More proof they have a serious disconnect. I mean, come on. They people who designed the Ocampa MUST have seen more than one episode when the name was said, or spoke to one another about it on occasion, right? ....right?

Wrong.

You're digging way too hard to make a point and, thus, invalidating it.

Speaking as someone that has made quite a nice living from speaking to large crowds, a simple mispronounciation is proof of nothing but a butterfly in the tummy or a frog in the throat.

I'll wail on people if I think they're in the wrong at the drop of a hat, but you're looking for things to complain about and thats just a bit depressing.
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    captrott1 wrote: »
    I wonder if the race we get to see the homeworld of are the Vidiians. We know from the episode Think Tank that their plague was cured. It would be interesting to see how the species pulled itself back together following a plague which basically changed who they were.

Interesting that you trust guy who multiple lies. And even if it were true , it could be a temporary cure for the disease. Moreover, it is not a home the Vidiians , but Kobali.
    I'm really not concerned with it. The only place obsolescence matters is in PvP. And even then...who the hell cares?

Ok, I do not want you to go into flame war , pvpers counted only 5-10 % of the players , but mostly they are the subscribers or lifers, usually they have a lock- box ships, generally investing more in the game than casual PvE players, so I would estimate that pays up to 30% of the game. It is only surprising that developers are getting well so long ignoring them.
  • Options
    ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    with the Fleet Admiral can we be able to upgrade old ships to a Tier 5 like an example have an Miranda Class to be from Tier 1 to tier 5
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ryuranger wrote: »
    with the Fleet Admiral can we be able to upgrade old ships to a Tier 5 like an example have an Miranda Class to be from Tier 1 to tier 5

Pretty sure that won't happen else you would be able to have the infamous T5 Connie.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    ryuranger wrote: »

I know here is no place for it but what do you think What rank you will have to level 65 (or 70)?
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Maybe Vice Marshall

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I'd imagine level 60 will be Admiral/General level.

I mean from 40-49 we were technically 'Rear Admiral' esque levels, and at 50 we hit VA. So I'd think that from 50-59 we'd look at Vice Admiral still, only hitting full Admiral at 60, thus also possibly leaving Fleet Admiral for another level increase in the future.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think in the infamous Las Vegas broadcast Gekko said "Fleet Admiral" as the level 60 title.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I don't care what they call it. It's level 60 to me, and my character is still a Captain. None of this Admiral bull****.
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I think in the infamous Las Vegas broadcast Gekko said "Fleet Admiral" as the level 60 title.

Yeah, Fleet Admirals without Fleets .
    Tons and tons of them .

Makes sense to me .... . :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    mimey2 wrote: »
    I'd imagine level 60 will be Admiral/General level.

Based on the datamining folks did a while ago, I believe that the KDF rank will be 'Dahar Master'.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Based on the datamining folks did a while ago, I believe that the KDF rank will be 'Dahar Master'.
    I already call myself that. :P although that has more to do with the number of Klingons I've dismembered with a batleth than my rank.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    lomax6996lomax6996 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Mk XII and Mk XIV... where's Mk XIII?? What, are we stupidstitious all of a sudden?? :P
    *STO* It’s mission: To destroy strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations... and then kill them, to boldly annihilate what no one has annihilated before!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I already call myself that. :P although that has more to do with the number of Klingons I've dismembered with a batleth than my rank.

I just hope they're organized and smart enough to finally sell the Dahar Master pimp coat in the C-Store now when players will have the actual Dahar Master rank, the moment is just right to do a nice gesture like that for the costume deprived KDF. The Dahar Master coat is something that's been on high demand for ages by the KDF playerbase, many people will welcome it with open hands....err....wallets. :D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    T6 changes your avatar into a fake, unofficial star trek ship.

That's the difference when you keep saying constant grinding and obsolete gear is at the core of all mmos.

Well, do they also take away your avatar 3 years into the game with no warning?

Your avatar is your avatar period.

There going to be 1-2 x t6 ships with fake designs per faction and ladies and gentlemen, we have a problem.

I don't want to fly unofficial design and I also don't want to fly in the same ship as the whole server with the same 2 ships flown by everyone for the clone wars part IV.

The best they can aim for is people hating t6 ships enough to not want them, what kind of a goal is that?

I don't pvp so true I can ignore pretty much everything they release and stay on lower maps for dil but again what kind of objective is that.
    Hoping that expansions or updates are something you can barely cope with but brings no enjoyment.
    "Okay I hate this but try to get over it and keep playing" how is that anywhere near acceptable

I loved doffing, kept the game alive for me for a long time, now look at it.

It was so unnecssary and pointless and what a tragedy - they should have listened, which seemingly is becoming impossible for them with all the negative feedback they trying to ignore.

Going completely deaf at this point
  • Options
    mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014

If that happens, that's fine, but I am curious as to what that would leave for if they ever up the level cap again. Just feels like 'Admiral/General' is probably what it will end up as.
    I just hope they're organized and smart enough to finally sell the Dahar Master pimp coat in the C-Store now when players will have the actual Dahar Master rank, the moment is just right to do a nice gesture like that for the costume deprived KDF. The Dahar Master coat is something that's been on high demand for ages by the KDF playerbase, many people will welcome it with open hands....err....wallets. :D

Now now Shpoks, you should know better than to actually think that they will give us something on the KDF side. You'll be a General and like it. :P
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
  • Options
    saekiithsaekiith Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Because I want to be told now that they still don't know what the hell they are doing and trying to "finalize" Stuff with "our input".

Seriously the Q&A will be like always... absolutely No answers, much talking and assurance that they are doing everything for us, the players.
    Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith