• Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    goddard22 wrote: »
    complete?

dont bring that patch and start working on real bugs:

Cryptic management
    Cryptic Devs
    and yeah...the STO Bugs would be cool...

Serious:

making crafting this way makes me think of other games, that are worth my time.
    but i will not bring you to cancel STO, throw whatever stones you might have...
    ...until only SB24 is worth playing...i have my friends in the fleet and i still love star trek.

i really hope that this patch will be rolled back soon =)

Management: The management curse falls on PWE not Cryptic
    Devs: We have a lot of really good devs, it just turns out they are human....and make mistakes
    Bugs: Would be nice, to be fair they have nailed most of the bugs for this season pretty quickly.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can't say that I'm happy with the R&D changes. This morning, one of my characters was close to finishing 2 projects, so I spent a bit of dilithium just so I could slot them with the same R&D project as was in the third slot.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well proof, if ever any were needed, that lip service is paid to whatever is said in these forums.

This thread is nearly ALL negative to this change to R&D - yet they go ahead with this regardless.

"The needs of the many investors, outweighs then needs of the few customers."

For me personally crafting will now be parked. I was willing to overcome any past negativity I had towards it. They seemed to be making changes that made sense, till now.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    captjono1captjono1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not going to flame here, but this is a horrible idea. Players get bored pretty easily, in fact usually a game has to do some form of major updates every 6 months to prevent loosing it's players. Expecting to have your players log in just to hit that 20hr R&D project for a year is unrealistic and a horrible idea.

You're going to loose people on this one, Cryptic. Please re-think it.
    Fleet Admiral
    35th Expeditionary Fleet
  • Options
    mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I don't see the big deal here. A few people got away with leveling up faster than they should of because of an unforeseen loophole that they are now fixing.

The devs have said numerous times in the tribble threads and the crafting update threads that crafting was to be a long term activity and not expect to be finished in a month or two. Clearly it was not intended for you to speed through by stacking 20hr projects and hitting the finish now button. This project was added for the person who wanted to sign on a couple of times a week and still make some progress. The ability to slot multiple of the same project was added so you could craft multiple of the same items not so it could exploit the 20hr research project for leveling purposes.

I see nothing wrong with what they decided to do... it's just too bad the bug made it to holodeck to begin with. I wish I would have known about the bug myself :)

I don't believe that any amount of whining is going to change this since they have made it very clear from the beginning that this was to be a long term part of the game.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • Options
    bubblygumsworthbubblygumsworth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm holding back from recruiting friends irl to come play trek purely because of how painful the grind is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
  • Options
    kawasakizx10rrkawasakizx10rr Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm holding back from recruiting friends irl to come play trek purely because of how painful the grind is

I tried to get 5 mates to join. They all left 2 seasons ago due to that very reason.

Now this LOL.

pwecaptainsmirk

WHY DO YOU NOT CARE ?
    Please share your opinion .
    all the devs express there own opinions in bf4.
    its nice to know what the company thinks about new changes
    yEt6JSa.gifMEANWHILE AT THE CRYPTIC HEADQUARTERS
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    There are already enough knives in my back...

Hope you are well.

Doing just fine. Still Ba'al's Grand Vizier, still writing, still watching birds, et cetera. You?
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I read first 5 pages of this thread, and skipped to end
    (because i do not have patience) and...

WTF ?

Running multiple research projects on the same school was
    the best idea in the whole R&D system...
    The next one was the unique items at level 15...

Now one question:
    Do you have someone called Cornelius Fudge
    or Dolores Umbridge on Staff?
    Because its their type of logic - straight from
    those books!
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just got off Tribble. The sort on the doffs actually takes longer because you have to uncheck most of the boxes, they auto check everything. If you have multiple doffs to assign to a mission... this will take a while cause the window closes out after you select.

Conspiracy warning ----

They are intentionally allowing down doffing

Conspiracy warning ----
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
  • Options
    jepeerodelyn3jepeerodelyn3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sali akojhdsfhdhfshfdasdsdjew
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thank You for adding filtering, that's a plus! (I'll take em where I can.)

Looking at the numbers people have crunched on how long it will take to level crafting, it is clear that it is a far cry from the 340 hours per school previously claimed.

I was going to complain about it, but in the spirit of not making a "warrantless rant" or whatever the quote was, I'm going to not care. It looks like crafting went from something that I maxed out on one character and very rarely used for kits (RIP), Blue Mk XI Field Generators, and Aegis Sets, to something that I will likely not finish at all, because it will take years to finish.

The silver lining of this whole thing - by the time I've levelled any school of crafting up enough to be useable, I might actually have some of those Very Rare materials that don't seem to actually drop in any of the STFs I've been running. By then though, I suspect it'll be just like old crafting - mostly cheaper on the Exchange.

By the way, still no mention as to when the colonial missions will get put on a non-20h timer, or if this is an intended behaviour. If intended, definitely not an increased chance at the "rare" missions, like I believe we were told.
  • Options
    streakfury#2432 streakfury Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, people complain when they level everything up too quickly, and then complain when Cryptic fix bugs that are exploited to make players level up too quickly? You can't have your cake and eat it - either you want the game to last a while because you actually have to PLAY it, or you take away all of the grind and go from zero to hero in a day. I think people need to decide which it is they want.

And they also need to stop complaining about the crafting system. Players hadn't used it for years since reaching max level, and so they complain. But when Cryptic completely revamps it and gives them something new to play, they complain that they aren't instantly at max level in the new system just because they reached max level in the old system.

I have a serious "Jackie Chan Confused" face right now.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Doing just fine. Still Ba'al's Grand Vizier, still writing, still watching birds, et cetera. You?

I still keep track here, sometimes. But I already have enough for another month away from here,
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pascaldu76 wrote: »
    *Cryptic killed crafting on July 22, 2014.*

Crafting was Dead On Arrival.

The items at max level are either not good enough or cost too much dil (given the random nature of the mods) to warrant the long grind to get to lvl 15/20. Players are much better off using fleet and rep stores to gear their characters. Those using crafting to do this have more money than sense.

Today's change just makes the grind even longer, and it is not a fun grind. It is tedious and dull.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I read first 5 pages of this thread, and skipped to end
    (because i do not have patience) and...

WTF ?

Running multiple research projects on the same school was
    the best idea in the whole R&D system...
    The next one was the unique items at level 15...

Now one question:
    Do you have someone called Cornelius Fudge
    or Dolores Umbridge on Staff?
    Because its their type of logic - straight from
    those books!

LOGIC ? please explain what this is
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I still keep track here, sometimes. But I already have enough for another month away from here,

Just hang around Ten Forward. Things are pretty average there. Two "Janeway's a hero/psycho" threads, a bunch of stories, starswordc went and started the next LC for Smirk since the official version wasn't getting done...

The usual, basically.
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And this morning, I woke up and did my morning 3S ritual (some may know what it is), made my breakfast and spent a couple hours doing my contracted at-home work. I take a break and felt a vibe that something funky was going on in the West Coast in relation to this game. Check the forums and see this.

I could feel the nerd-rage start taking hold, but I choke it back and decide that I'll have one character dedicated to being the sole crafter just to see how this works out. I don't feel good about it, though.

But I'm seeing lots of howling about how long it'll take to get to level 20 in crafting. Just to put it in perspective, if you're getting walloped by a bus or the earth's mantle cracks, and your big regret is that you didn't get STO crafting to 20, you may want to take a step back and breathe deeply for a minute.

Alright, back to work. These illustrations won't doodle themselves. Unless there are drawing gnomes about. Anyone seen any drawing gnomes scooting about?
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    str34kfury wrote: »
    So, people complain when they level everything up too quickly, and then complain when Cryptic fix bugs that are exploited to make players level up too quickly?

You are mistaken if you think the former system (multiple projects at once) was "too quickly".
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    taya4svktaya4svk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thank you for adding the filters and hangars, pass that on to the devs if you can.

I would also like to request that you pass on the feedback here about the R&D nerf, while i personally am enjoying the new system and can compensate for the nerf, not everyone can play 8 hours a day. while i dont mind it taking a long time to reach the end of a school, could you pass on a request for cryptic to consider adjusting the curves slightly? to further weight xp on the 15-20 curve (maybe make lvl 15 600k or so, and compensate accordingly)

Thank

Lvl 15 is actually 630k XP.. But it is still long ride to get there with one 6k project daily..

..I would prefer less levels in schools, but thats not possible, I know..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What does it matter if you run one school twice if the total time to max out all schools is the same?

I'm not saying it makes any difference. I'm just saying I'm confused about why people seem to complain about certain things, and then complain about the exact opposite things when Cryptic rolls out an update. Like with levelling up: lots of people say it's too easy to level up a character in XP, commendation categories, and the like, and yet they *also* complain when a bug is removed to prevent them from levelling up too quickly.

Maybe I'm just getting too old for all this.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.4GHz / 16Gb DDR3 RAM @ 1600MHz / GeForce GTX1060 6Gb / Corsair Glaive / Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    because i want to get my beams then cannons to 15 first and quickly at that. with out spending cash
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    tk79 wrote: »
    You are mistaken if you think the former system (multiple projects at once) was "too quickly".

I haven't mentioned what I think about the new versus the old yet. I've not played it enough to have much of an opinion. I do know that I hadn't been to Memory Alpha in about three years though, so it's nice to do something crafting-related.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mikefl wrote: »
    The devs have said numerous times in the tribble threads and the crafting update threads that crafting was to be a long term activity and not expect to be finished in a month or two. Clearly it was not intended for you to speed through by stacking 20hr projects and hitting the finish now button.

I'd say that taking 3 months to "speed through" one R&D school's still a fairly long term activity.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    taya4svk wrote: »
    Lvl 15 is actually 630k XP.. But it is still long ride to get there with one 6k project daily..

..I would prefer less levels in schools, but thats not possible, I know..

Pretty sure it was 800k..... but anyways, the point stands, as a hardcore 8+ hours a day player, i would like to see the lvl 15 bar lowered by 100k or so to make it a bit easier for less experienced players/players who play a bit less. They can compensate by maybe adding a little bit to lvl 20 (2.2 mil instead of 2.07) and maybe adjusting the odds at lvl 15 to be a bit worse.

As a compromise....
  • Options
    captainaramdacaptainaramda Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First and foremost, I'd like to say thanks to the devs for fixing the issue of sorting through Doff's. This is major to me and quite a few others.

Secondly, regarding the crafting: I can't say that I'm all that fond of the new system but it's still new and I'm sure there will be more changes. I will certainly be looking through this and doing my best on it.

Lastly, for those that are raging hard on the timing to level up I have only this to say....Grow up and quit your whining. What's your rush? Take the time to evaluate the new system and progress on a nice easy pace. Those who finish first wind up getting bored first. If that's what you like, then go for it. If you don't like the new system....don't play it. It's really quite that simple. Like my grandmother used to say "sometimes you need to stop and smell the roses or life will pass you by"

This is only my opinion and not designed to be a slap to anyone in particular. I'm just passing on some more "mature" and "adult" advice. If you choose not to accept it, then don't.
  • Options
    shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Removing the ability to do multiple of the same research project will make progression in that school take 4 or 5 times as long, depending on what the math of a person who hasn't been awake as long as me. People can however make other projects, the actual craftable items. I know that it won't generate as much crafting xp as 3 research projects at a time, but it's better than nothing.

Speaking of making junk items... To any devs reading this I would like to suggest that we gain the ability to deconstruct items into crafting materials. This includes craftable junk items as well as looted items. Maybe the act of deconstructing can grant a small amount of crafting xp.

As things stand, the thought of taking a year to max one's crafting will probably cause people to feel overwhelmed and discourage people from doing the crafting system. For a lot of people, all the work you devs who are reading did with the crafting system, your work will be wasted.

Grinding has a place in mmos, but taking it to the extreme like you devs do is too much. Really? A year? Devs, the path of moderation is the path of wisdom.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    shadore wrote: »
    Removing the ability to do multiple of the same research project will make progression in that school take 4 or 5 times as long, depending on what the math of a person who hasn't been awake as long as me. People can however make other projects, the actual craftable items. I know that it won't generate as much crafting xp as 3 research projects at a time, but it's better than nothing.

Speaking of making junk items... To any devs reading this I would like to suggest that we gain the ability to deconstruct items into crafting materials. This includes craftable junk items as well as looted items. Maybe the act of deconstructing can grant a small amount of crafting xp.

As things stand, the thought of taking a year to max one's crafting will probably cause people to feel overwhelmed and discourage people from doing the crafting system. For a lot of people, all the work you devs who are reading did with the crafting system, your work will be wasted.

Grinding has a place in mmos, but taking it to the extreme like you devs do is too much. Really? A year? Devs, the path of moderation is the path of wisdom.

the grind in this game is nothing compared to some, and they have said they want to add deconstruction going forward.
This discussion has been closed.