Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 22, 2014) [COMPLETE]

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    morchadesmorchades Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rob2485 wrote: »
    That will be the day, they been talking level cap increase for over a year. Rumor was fleet admiral and promote boff's to captain, fly your own mini squadron. Haven't seen it yet.

It sounds pretty complicated to code, really.

I don't care about a level increase, or even a new faction. It'd just be good to get more episodes. Ideally, some faction-specific episodes.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Meh, I personally do have fun with it, gathering materials sends me into queues i wouldnt have done before, gives me a larger game experience, and crafting and trying to get that VR torpedo is fun to me...its all about opinion. It also makes me play all my character much more, and distracts from the dil grind

The whole opposite for me. Log into a ton of toons, gather 1000 dil for each, do R&D assignment for chance at cheap VR materials, distribute said materials to maximize crafting quickly, craft MK XII items whenever possible to maximize XP. It's a damn full time grind. Casual players are effectively left out of being able to progress in this system.
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Im pretty psyched....they are already hinting at new voice talent and a big Star Trek Las Vegas reveal O.o

Yeah, the new expansion is going to be epic. I just hope that they don't raise everything to level 60 and introduce new ships, that would probably make me explode with rage.
  • Options
    swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    also, this assumes that the special awesome happy fun-time item you can make at 15 isn't BoP.

I think that it would be awesome if you could craft a BoP.
    Couldn't you craft a Delta Flyer in the old old system?
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    Yeah, the new expansion is going to be epic. I just hope that they don't raise everything to level 60 and introduce new ships, that would probably make me explode with rage.

i dont mind a lvl 60 increase, as long as better ships arent a part of it. the only thing that should be added with a lvl increase IMO are more features such as commanding ships captained by BOFFs, they could make so many different missions using that feature, maybe that has something to do with those "solo" queues O.o
  • Options
    theonetruetomtheonetruetom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    swamarian wrote: »
    I think that it would be awesome if you could craft a BoP.
    Couldn't you craft a Delta Flyer in the old old system?

I'm not sure if you're trolling, but I'll bite. In this instance, BoP means "bind on pickup".
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I'm not sure if you're trolling, but I'll bite. In this instance, BoP means "bind on pickup".

*hands theonetruetom some popcorn to bite instead*
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    lucho80 wrote: »
    The whole opposite for me. Log into a ton of toons, gather 1000 dil for each, do R&D assignment for chance at cheap VR materials, distribute said materials to maximize crafting quickly, craft MK XII items whenever possible to maximize XP. It's a damn full time grind. Casual players are effectively left out of being able to progress in this system.

Whatever the logic is behind that, it was a stated fact that casual players werent expected to hit lvl 15
  • Options
    cadd2cadd2 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hailing all Captains,

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online tomorrow morning, Tuesday, July 22nd, at 7AM PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for newly scheduled maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for 2 hours. The test server, launcher and access to manage your account may also be unavailable during some portions of the maintenance.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
    looks like its all been covered by others but to add ... ONE PROJECT A DAY ..B_S.. NOW IT WILL TAKE 205 DAYS TO GET ONE TREE TO LV. 15 ,16 WITCH PUTTS [CRTH] CHANCE AT 0-9% WITH COMMON DOFF !!
    Here is a plain give us new content that looks like someone tried not another grind fest dill , zen black hole .. or sell STO back to a U.S. group that cares about this U.S. founded franchise please before you sink this game..
    It's a mmo not a tablet game and if we wont spreed sheets in space we will play EvE thank you !!!
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    you don't seem to know what trolling means if you think a silly, friendly joke meant to make you laugh is comparable to malicious egging and provoking angry, emotional responses out of as many people as possible for one's own amusement.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    tcostiktcostik Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to go ahead and give a +1 on most of whats been said already. This "update" is terrible.
  • Options
    pwecaptainsmirkpwecaptainsmirk Member Posts: 1,167 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maintenance is now complete! Thanks for your patience. We'll see you back in-game!

~CaptainSmirk
This discussion has been closed.