What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (July 22, 2014) [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,414 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No even a mint after you screwed the community over like that?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well. I had planned to take one character through the schools as my "crafter", which she was in the old system.

Now? no.

This game appears to be being driven by the "Bums on seats luvvey! Bums on seats!" attitude of some theatrical establishments.

"Never mind the quality or dodgy logic, get it out there and be damned!"

Well welcome to the next episode of "Timegate:TG-Cryptic".

I'm rapidly getting to the point where I log in, set of reputation tasks, log out. I'd have happily added the crafting system as it is into that regime but no. Its too much now. "The straw that broke the camels back" springs to mind. Enough already with the time gating.

As someone has already mooted they seem to have pointed both barrels at both feet and pulled the trigger :rolleyes:

Outstanding. I believe someone within Cryptic once said that STO is one of PWE's most lucrative titles. Don't milk it. you'll kill it.
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    Well. I had planned to take one character through the schools as my "crafter", which she was in the old system.

Now? no.

This game appears to be being driven by the "Bums on seats luvvey! Bums on seats!" attitude of some theatrical establishments.

"Never mind the quality or dodgy logic, get it out there and be damned!"

Well welcome to the next episode of "Timegate:TG-Cryptic".

I'm rapidly getting to the point where I log in, set of reputation tasks, log out. I'd have happily added the crafting system as it is into that regime but no. Its too much now. "The straw that broke the camels back" springs to mind. Enough already with the time gating.

As someone has already mooted they seem to have pointed both barrels at both feet and pulled the trigger :rolleyes:

Outstanding. I believe someone within Cryptic once said that STO is one of PWE's most lucrative titles. Don't milk it. you'll kill it.

A friend of mine has already left STO about after the winter event more or less for Guild Wars. When i told him about the crafting grinding as it is right now, he said " what ??? No, thanks, I have enough of Cryptic grinding machine " .... well, what can i tell ya? let's seize the day and enjoy the game whilee we are still enough :) ( 'cause some left after the LoR golden age)
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,188 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This change makes no sense, so someone who specializes in a school will get to level 15 at around about the same time as someone who isn’t specialize in that school !!!.

For example I don’t care about shields but I will get to level 15 at a roundabout the same time as someone who does nothing but craft shields. All because I now have empty slots that have nothing to do but train other schools I am not interested in.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't bother. It's not like anything has ever changed after hundreds of negative posts. For those who could actually decide on this we are just a bunch of whiners and naggers. And every critique is absolutely unjustified.
  • Options
    solemkofsolemkof Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Contrast this change:
    Research and Development:

Resolved an issue which was allowing players to run multiple Research Training projects from the same school simultaneously.
    Only 1 Research Training project can be run at a time per school.
    with this dev post:
    "Is the amount of XP required...going to be looked at"? Maybe. The XP curve is structured the way it is because the system is designed for 4 different types of player - super casual, casual, midcore, and super hardcore. It's less of a curve and more of 4 different curves stuck together - thus the extreme breakpoint around level 3 that many players have noticed.

As you point out, the initial XP values are extremely low. Part of this is due to the tutorial that isn't in-game yet - we give you the components to make a Mark 2 item for free and walk you through the creation process. We wanted that creation to give you enough XP to hit level 1 - so 1 5-minute project had to be enough XP to ding. Another reason it's so low is because you start with only one R+D slot - when you unlock the 2nd and then the 3rd slot, the curves increase in steepness under the assumption you'll do projects in all available slots. (Worth noting that this does NOT occur for the 4th and 5th slots, making all projects you run in those slots "bonus time" from our perspective).

Of course we don't expect players to play 24 hours of the day 7 days a week. We know the patterns of play that most of our players follow, and the system is supposed to be a long-term but achieveable/attainable goal for these players.
    :confused:
  • Options
    socaltxwa86socaltxwa86 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is a really bad move. I was willing to give crafting a chance, but with this it will take forever to do anything. I maxed out crafting under the old system, the revamp it and don't really reward those that had maxed it out previously, then they nerf the new system after less than a week...
  • Options
    neotrident12neotrident12 Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What a joke... are we ever going to see patch notes that reduce the grind!

Some other company start making a new STO please...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    landdonlanddon Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I simply don't understand, it's like they enjoy shooting themselves in the foot. The removal of exploration and now the have basically have killed crafting. If the idea is to make people log in then they need to learn something from "EVE Online". People want options, immersion, exploration. Eve online would be perfect if it wasn't for the constant ganking and they way the handle PVP.

This is not going to make people happy or want to pay for the game. To me, that is what they should be aiming for is to have people willing to pay for a subscription or the Lifetime option. I'm currently paying for a subscription and was thinking about purchasing the Lifetime option, but that is not going to happen now. And if they don't bring back exploration or provide some information that they are looking at some options, say by September then I will terminate my subscription. The clock is running.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One other thing that is missing from the patch notes is the voth space rewards. Is that being changed to craylon or not?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Damm this is soo disapointing :(
    And it started rather well.
    This is a very very bad change.
    Both the Crafting update and the Xindi Lockbox got hit really hard. Now we gonna craft stuff in a year and buff for peanuts. YAY!!!:confused:
    And saw a few days ago a dev post about "we listening. we tunning". To whom you listening?? To a few people who cry to any changes??? More like "We nerfing". Its ridicoulous, now the xindi traits are useless. The stack number shouldve been reduce, not the trait buff. There are different situations where you can barely get 1 stack. Yes, yes, we all know the l33t, pro or whatever they think of themselfs may stack max number of stacks. And for that, nerf the TRIBBLE out of the traits to TRIBBLE the majority of players:mad:
  • Options
    tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2014
    This is pretty pathetic, if people want to progress one school in particular to the detriment of other schools let them, options are good for you.

As to the nerf to the traits, well considering the tooltips aren't even accurate that's not really gonna make a whole lot of difference and you've once again hurt people who've made the effort to save for them, although for people like me it's not gonna make a whole lot of difference when our teamwork is as good as it is. But once again I'm loosing faith that I didn't think I had left considering you now haven't given these a chance to be tested on tribble.

So pathetic...
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • Options
    taya4svktaya4svk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Oh and you forgot to fix Tau Dewa Aid mission available on Cell ships. It cant be started, please fix..

And omg the "one res project per school". Pathetic to let us crawl through it for almost a year with one mission (unless we throw dilithium at it, or do the minisculous crafting mats mission).
    Its just, MEH...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dogofegyptdogofegypt Member Posts: 44
    edited July 2014
    Seems that new management spoils the game intentionally. They probably realise that they cannot offer us more than season 10, and if that's correct they would try to close the project, and closing a popular one could be problematic.
  • Options
    torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ah well back to world of tanks......

thought they messed up with their last update and screwed the German tank line..!

but this is madness...

bye bye crafting.
  • Options
    twistedvaccinetwistedvaccine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I WAS going to give crafting a go this time round.. as i quite liked the idea, aw well back to the Steam summer sale and wait till season 10 rears its ugly head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cofeycofey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Where do I find the Ground Equipment Crafting section? My Character uses the Jem'Hadar set along with the Rifle Modules. I cannot find where to craft replacements.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cofey wrote: »
    Where do I find the Ground Equipment Crafting section? My Character uses the Jem'Hadar set along with the Rifle Modules. I cannot find where to craft replacements.

I think it is in the Engineering section
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to add my disgust to the miles long line at this 'fix'

You (insert whichever cryptic/pwe [redacted] came up with this) really dropped the ball on this one - all you've done is created a system only usuable by gold/ec farmers who now have a year long stranglehold on the craft gear, instead of a few months

What could have been a fun system that was slowly bringing life to oft ignored stfs like Undine space and lolground is now dead to all but to the priveleged few, whom will be able to call the prices on everything from mats to components to the items themnselves - as only they will be able to craft anything remotely useful!

If I had to open those dammned slots, I should be able to slot what I want

I have 3 of the right doff? then I should be able to run them all

Why should I have to waste time and resources on wasteful equipment that I can get better of simply by playing the game - I planned to save my resources, level up then use my mats to build items that have use; not just to be vendored for a miniscule return of investment?

I play for fun, not a 9 to 5 job just to make useless stuff like I'm a worker in a chinese sweatshop or a dammned prisoner breaking rocks 'just beacause'

Sto is a GAME , not a PUNISHMENT REGIME
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the saddest part is that out of everyone who threatened to quit or stop paying, nearly nobody will do that in reality, and cryptic knows it, which is why they ignore it.

they know it's all a bunch of empty words and hot air.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Known issue since S9 release:
    Asylum on Earth doff assignment removed from ESD by accident

funny I had this doff mission on ESD Sunday night so no it was not removed your just missing it some how.
  • Options
    neal33neal33 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hi there just to ask is anyone else having trouble launching the game keeps saying not responding
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No doff UI reversion? For shame.
    I need a beer.

• Options
    cofeycofey Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just Armor there. But thanks anyhow.
  • Options
    dragonseye1138dragonseye1138 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    burstorion wrote: »
    I planned to save my resources, level up then use my mats to build items that have use; not just to be vendored for a miniscule return of investment?

This was my exact plan with the new system. I was looking forward to crafting an Ultra-rare Aegis set. It's effective for my preferred build and I love the way it looks. Now that simply isn't going to happen. I'll just have to make do with the Mk. XII Purple.

This entire "fix" is a massive step in the wrong direction. And it isn't even a "fix" at all. It's a blatant and shameless money-grab by PWE badly disguised as a "bug." Calling it a "bug" gives Cryptic a plausible excuse when the forums explode this evening. They can claim that the system wasn't working correctly, when in fact, it was.

The whole point of this change is to force players to spend additional money on Zen to convert to Dilithium (and the Dilithium market is already bloating again). Once this disaster goes live in a couple of hours the entire crafting system and by extension the game's economy, will be at the mercy of a privileged few players who can afford to shell out dozens or hundreds of dollars a day on the game.

I think it is now very clear exactly who Cryptic/PWE actually listens to in regards to changes made to the game. In Cryptic's mind, the only players who matter are the ones with fat wallets. The rest of us can go hang.
    Q is a Magical Girl.
  • Options
    organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cofey wrote: »
    Just Armor there. But thanks anyhow.

This is the Dev Blog section about the crafting. Especially Blog #27. But I have heard that high-end gear unlocks at LV 15?
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1146041
  • Options
    vsilverwings1vsilverwings1 Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Having browsed this thread I'll just +1 all of the above negativity.

However, this will be a further incentive to log in to each of my 8 main characters, queue up projects, log out and do something far more fun. If I'm still active and especially the game when I finish I'll consider my options then.

Since I won't really get the full benefits from R&D for a llooonggg time (which let's face it isn't worth it by a long shot considering the dumbed down nature of the game and the ongoing power creep) and no new content to speak of (no I don't class crafting as content and if Cryptic says it is then fine I'll play it for 5mins a day as that's all it's worth) then there's nothing keeping me in the game.

Cryptic seemed to stop listening to feedback some time ago so I generally can't be bothered to give it. I'll get what I can out of the game, not pay a penny for it and when they finally drive the game in to the ground I'll have plenty of other games to play.

Let's not forget people Arc has yet to be thrust down our throats :). This probably won't be the final nail in the coffin but we aren't far off ;).
  • Options
    dessniperdessniper Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    STO is a game. A game is supposed to be fun. This is not fun.

I have been here since closed beta and have changed with every update since then. What this is about is that all your hard work getting three toons to the max level of crafting and having that ripped away from you just to start over from scratch and then less then a week later they snatch part of the ability to crawl your way back up the mountain via a path instead of a climb along the rocky, treacherous, near-vertical slope. Crytpic/PWE just didnt put up a sign on that path, they blew the TRIBBLE out of that side of the whole mountain.
  • Options
    architect13architect13 Member Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am looking for the patch notes regarding fixing the Cell missions . . .
    Have you tried the new forum on your phone?
This discussion has been closed.