test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• hip63hip63 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The first project on any character is 1000 Pearls. This applies an account unlock that reduces the cost of the next ship of the same time to 40 pearls (1 daily's worth) on ALL characters on that account. So, an efficient way of doing this would be to earn the 1000 on one character and unlock the account ship discount and then do a single daily mission on your alts.

Regards,
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski

THE PLAN:

One Toon grinds for the 'vette while another toon grinds for the cruiser, all other alts have both ships two days later! :D

Works for me :)

hip63 :P
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Risa Summer Event is now live! Now is the time to bask in the refreshing waters of Risa and soak in the sun! Enjoy this time of year when the beautiful resort planet Risa offers special hospitality to everyone and unveils its newest luxuries!

Learn about some of the new updates we have for this year's Summer Event. Try powerboarding across the cool waves of Risa, or building your very own sandcastle. Hit the pavilion in swimwear, featuring this year's latest Risian designs. Check out some of the new items you can get.

This year, Risa is also offering their Luxury Cruiser available to Captains for participating in the event. This agile ship comes with sleek customization options, a new console, and incredible speed. Learn more about it here.

Hit the shores of Risa today, Captains!

~LaughingTrendy
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The 40 thing is definitely pretty nifty...it's not the "I don't want to play this game anymore - I hate this game" that started to kick in when you were trying to do it on 8+ toons.
  • marthitamarthita Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    P.S. Anyone with a toon on the map before the patch has to wait for a patch in order to start the grind. Devs have acknowledged the bug already.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17325161&postcount=6
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I managed to get in on my Fed, but my Rommie is stuck in limbo....:(

Also, where is the floater challenge???
  • mrgardenermrgardener Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    patching into game is going sooo slow its going .1 a second....worse patching ever seen and its not my side!
  • odstparker#7820 odstparker Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah... my Fed is stuck in a loading screen not connecting to the server, so I guess I'm waiting for a patch for now. Probably should have thought of that before I parked my character on Risa last night.
    edited June 2014
    The Event Coordinator...is uh...not offering Events.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ok, I skipped Risa last year because I could not find where or how to start the pearl race. Can someone please tell me where to go?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    would be niffty if the npc of last year would provide us the race. no one seems to know where to get that pearl mission or how to start it.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    mrgardener wrote: »
    patching into game is going sooo slow its going .1 a second....worse patching ever seen and its not my side!
    You should have prepatched by loading it on tribble. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • ussboleynussboleyn Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The Event Coordinator...is uh...not offering Events.

Summer non-event?

/\
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Man, I can't even get the forum quotes to work properly the first time out.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yep. The event coordinator isn't giving us the Lahlunat Pearl mission.
    edited June 2014
    marthita wrote: »
    P.S. Anyone with a toon on the map before the patch has to wait for a patch in order to start the grind. Devs have acknowledged the bug already.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17325161&postcount=6

So, basically, planning ahead by staging yourself for an upcoming event wasn't expected.

(sigh)

Guess that's one day of the event shot, will check in later.
  • pennylongpennylong Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To free your character patch tribble.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ...The event is live... and broken as heck

Toons I moved to Risa are stuck in Limbo, others can't do the pearl run and even better; theres a load of players with the uber hoverboards already, turning the pvp into a one horse race

That said...at least the sancastles work - thanks for the two favours! :p

(oh and the sandcastles? time gated cd..)
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You can't get the mission get the pearls for the ship. Wow Cryptic, you amaze me more and more with things you can't get to work properly and/or fix.
    edited June 2014
    ak255 wrote: »
    You can't get the mission get the pearls for the ship. Wow Cryptic, you amaze me more and more with things you can't get to work properly and/or fix.

Remember how people were asking why last year's event was longer than this one? Yeah, well that one didn't work out of the gate either, and the calendar updates were wrong (like four separate times), and I suspect this year's event is about to get longer, too.

Don't ever plan for things working the first time. Or the second time. Or, you know, subsequent times.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Remember how people were asking why last year's event was longer than this one? Yeah, well that one didn't work out of the gate either, and the calendar updates were wrong (like four separate times), and I suspect this year's event is about to get longer, too.

Don't ever plan for things working the first time. Or the second time. Or, you know, subsequent times.

Hehe... this gives them more time to add an interior to the Luxury Cruiser. And yeah, I know, that's probably overly optimistic that it would actually be added after that bit got left on the cutting room floor, so to speak :P

Oh, and the Event Coordinator still isn't coordinating. Yay.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited June 2014
    Hehe... this gives them more time to add an interior to the Luxury Cruiser. And yeah, I know, that's probably overly optimistic that it would actually be added after that bit got left on the cutting room floor, so to speak :P

Did you see Taco's cryptic comment in the other thread about that?
    tacofangs wrote: »
    I have a feeling that what we are working on now, will get much more use, and be much more interesting to the players than a single, one off bridge for a summer event ship that likely won't get used much beyond August.
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did you see Taco's cryptic comment in the other thread about that?

I did. And now I am chomping at the bit for Tacofangs' latest masterpiece.

Maybe I can get my music-geek brother (he plays the viola, and is planning to go professional. We are very proud) to compose a symphony or an opera in Tacofangs' honor. "The Ballad of the Taco" or "The Symphony of Taconian Fangs" or something like that.
  • rmackiermackie Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It would be nice to be able to get past the Legacy of Romulus screen, it seems everytime they do a major patch, my pc hangs there until eventually it doesnt...how about you stop breaking the game!
    Commanding Officer USS Intrepid

Commanding Officer USS Frontenac

Commanding Officer Enterprise NX-01
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Call me when this is working properly, yeah?
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
    edited June 2014
    Have to admit, Risa zone chat is kind of entertaining at the moment - between the 9001 folks asking where the Pearl mission is as 9001 folks continue to tell them that it is broken...mixed in with the 9001 folks complaining about the powerboard races. I though Ker'rat chat could be entertaining...Cryptic needs to make an app for smart TVs that can stream Risa zone chat across the bottom of the screen...
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The bikini is not working for female romulans.

screenshot_2014-06-05-19-32-44_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • valkoth78valkoth78 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rmackie wrote: »
    It would be nice to be able to get past the Legacy of Romulus screen, it seems everytime they do a major patch, my pc hangs there until eventually it doesnt...how about you stop breaking the game!

Here too :(
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I build a sandcastle....... and now I'm waiting to build another one.... for 15 minutes..... and two favors....

I started to dance.... the competition ended..... I wait.... for "I" knows how long....

I look at the swimwear store... I see the cheapest item is 500 favors for ONE character.... I can only wear those one month a year on one map....

I look at monkeys and birds and wonder why I would grind favors, wait for days to get a measly 100 marks...when I can quarantine the hell out of some Undine Infiltrator once a day for the same or more marks (with booster), which takes less than 10 minutes..

I really want to like the Event...the map is amazing.... the skimpy NPC'S mock me with their glistening gym bodies... but I find it hard to justify spending my time on Risa.

:(
    edited June 2014
    johngazman wrote: »
    Call me when this is working properly, yeah?

They fixed it...
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are you kidding me with the sandcastle nonsense? There's so few places to build sandcastles and A DOZEN TIMES more players trying to build something.

Fail.