test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Galactic News Network [PC]
Summer is right around the corner and so is the Risa Summer Event! Enjoy this time of year when the beautiful resort planet Risa offers special hospitality to everyone and unveils its newest luxuries! Get ready to bask in the sun, surf on the brand new powerboards, and take part in all the exciting activities going on soon! Designer, Jesse Heinig discusses the this vacation hot spot in our latest entry of the Season 9 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

~LaughingTrendy

Risians are welcoming back visitors this year with a bounty of new rewards and activities. The sun is out, the water is warm, and the natives are inviting! Join in on exciting events around Risa to earn Lohlunat Favors that can be traded in for cool gear like swimwear or powerboards! Come enjoy your stay on Risa with these exciting additions this summer!

To learn more about the exciting additions this year, check out our latest blog here: http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/star-trek-online/detail/5006193

~LaughingTrendy

The natives of Risa are offering tons of amazing rewards including the new Risa Luxury Cruiser! This truly extravagant starship has drawn Captains to line up at the opportunity to acquire one. Systems Designer, Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski discusses the hottest ship in Risa in our latest entry of the Season 9 News Dev Blog series.

Link to the blog.

~LaughingTrendy

The Risa Summer Event is now live! Now is the time to bask in the refreshing waters of Risa and soak in the sun! Enjoy this time of year when the beautiful resort planet Risa offers special hospitality to everyone and unveils its newest luxuries!

Learn about some of the new updates we have for this year's Summer Event. Try powerboarding across the cool waves of Risa, or building your very own sandcastle. Hit the pavilion in swimwear, featuring this year's latest Risian designs. Check out some of the new items you can get.

This year, Risa is also offering their Luxury Cruiser available to Captains for participating in the event. This agile ship comes with sleek customization options, a new console, and incredible speed. Learn more about it here.

Hit the shores of Risa today, Captains!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Emergency Power to Party, eh?

Can we do an orbital bombardment of Risa? Now that would be a fun event!

edit: Do have to say, it is nifty of you guys to offer the discounts on the ships for folks that run lots of alts and have stabbed themselves in the eyes running the event on so many toons - it turned it into a grind for many, so they couldn't enjoy it as much as they might have otherwise. Definitely nifty of you guys to do that discount...
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    YEAH, baby!

Unit designation Three needs a new swimsuit to show off her physique...
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sounds like there's a lot to do...

Which means, there's gonna be a lot of grind...

I just hope earning Favors will be easier this year. Any chance for unique duty officer missions or other alternatives that wouldn't involve hours of flying around only during event hours?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited May 2014
  • wanderer89wanderer89 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm so happy :D The Summer Event last year was so much damn fun, I only just missed out on the Corvette last year due to birthdays and holidays.

MASSIVE thumbs up on the bonus you can earn to grab the other ship too. I assume it'll be a mechanic we'll see again at Christmas? A week to go till my favourite time of year starts.
    THE ARTIST FORMALLY KNOWN AS TRYULIS
    Vice Admiral Dir Sonatra, I.R.W. Kholairlha, Scimitar Class Warbird
    Vice Admiral Oshin S'ree, USS Steamrunner, Steamrunner Class

TEN FORWARD FLEET
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just to clarify, does getting a Risian Corvette give you a discount on a Cruiser too and vice-versa? Or is it just for the ship type you already have?
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Emergency power to party!!!! OMG!!!! Right, forget the reps, feathered monkey's, power boards an sandcastle making...... so gonna be there every day! Subspace party amp's check, bare feet check, sunnys check, risa here I come!
  • altechachanaltechachan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    Just to clarify, does getting a Risian Corvette give you a discount on a Cruiser too and vice-versa? Or is it just for the ship type you already have?

This. This is an important question that needs an answer.
    Member since November 2009... I think.
    (UFP) Ragnar
    edited May 2014
    If you have or get the corvette, you will get a huge discount only on the same ship for other toons, the same for the cruise ship.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This will be fun. Lots of stuff not expected. Will be even bigger than the winter event. I guess this means the Risan birds are a collector's item now, Glad I got them all :P.

Now I must grind a new collection of monkeys.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • jaegernljaegernl Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Emergency Power to Party.

I think STO is complete now.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Devotion Paladin
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    This will be fun. Lots of stuff not expected. Will be even bigger than the winter event. I guess this means the Risan birds are a collector's item now, Glad I got them all :P.

Now I must grind a new collection of monkeys.

Freaking feathered monkey's!! MONKEYS!!!! Sorry got carried away.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    jaegernl wrote: »

Set phasers to party!

...Wait.... NO!
  • loganus1701loganus1701 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just hope the controls for doing the jetpack flying get tweaked, had so much trouble last year that i destroyed a keyboard (klingon style) and gave up.
    edited May 2014

They'll need to hire full time mods for the forums.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They'll need to hire full time mods for the forums.

Discoball threads for both ground and space now.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Will there be any further dev blogs about the ship, the new doff powers, or anything else before the events starts?

Oh, and any way to hatch old Risian eggs, since it looks like we're not getting any more of them?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Set phasers to party!

...Wait.... NO!

http://youtu.be/5G5qtWG5oO8
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Space disco ball that makes ships dance and do loops?
    edited May 2014
    malkarris wrote: »
    Will there be any further dev blogs about the ship, the new doff powers, or anything else before the events starts?

They do not release all the information at once. There's usually the overview blog...the how-to/more detail blogs...the stat blogs...etc, etc, etc...leading up to the event.
  • variant37variant37 Member Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's a beautiful ship. Shapely. Seductive. I'm gonna fly her brains out.

And I'm sorry to have to add this to the devs' plate but we really, REALLY need a cruise ship captain's uniform to wear while we're driving our cruise ships. My Gorn especially wants one.

http://carnival-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/cutugno.jpg
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    One thing I'd think would be cool for next year is customisable hotel suites. I do have a question concerning the ship which is: does it come with a unique bridge?
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • aegon1iceaegon1ice Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Visitors to Risa have been clamoring for the right kinds of outfits to make a splash, and the tailors of Risa have responded by providing the latest styles in swimwear. In exchange for Lohlunat favors earned from various activities, you can purchase outfit boxes for a wide range of men’s and women’s styles, complete with customizable colors. (Please note that swimwear does not fall under the uniform code for members of the various exploratory and military services, and thus such items are non-regulation for mission duty.)

Am I reading it correctly that we cannot wear these like normal uniforms on ships? Guess that is a downer.

Otherwise I will have a look around and continue to boldy go where many men have been before.
  • ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    (Please note that swimwear does not fall under the uniform code for members of the various exploratory and military services, and thus such items are non-regulation for mission duty.)[/COLOR]

I'm a Vice Admiral that helped the Federation more than Admiral Quinn, who just sits inside an office all day! I'll wear whatever I want, whenever I want! XD
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    aegon1ice wrote: »
    Am I reading it correctly that we cannot wear these like normal uniforms on ships? Guess that is a downer.

Otherwise I will have a look around and continue to boldy go where many men have been before.

Could we get the swimwear to work for the foundry maps or private/Fleet instances please?

Kind of a downer if you cant use it a foundry map with a beach on it.

I understand if its unavailable on public social maps like ESD or DS9, but come on, let us use it on the foundry.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • braindotwavbraindotwav Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    malkarris wrote: »

Oh, and any way to hatch old Risian eggs, since it looks like we're not getting any more of them?

There's nothing in here saying eggs won't be available, and it does say the Horgun Hunt is still an option. I expect we'll still be able to do them.
  • teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sounds gooooood! I was there just the other day - fancied a bit of a fly around :) Will the floaters still work this year?

Probably won't go for the ship, but that's just because it isn't my thing. May well go for the Duty officers though!

Monkeys, maybe not - but that's because I like my birds :)
  • thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    DOffs and a beautiful new ship? Looks like my Trill is going to spend the summer on Risa again!

Truth is, you had me at DOffs. :D
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd say the ship was truly hideous, but it would be stating the obvious.

I was enthusiastic for this but as someone mentioned, I hope there's going to be more ways to earn favors. Otherwise I can see myself missing this one entirely. Again.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif