What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• omegasprimeomegasprime Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Cruiser Customization Clarifications:

You have 3 ship Atrium selections, Forest, Islands, or Blast Doors

We were unable create a custom bridge for the summer ships, much to the dismay of the entire team. Things happen.

You have two alternate part options for many parts of the ship, missionpod/smokestack, 1 bottom ring/2 bottom rings, 2 engines/3 engines, double stanchion/regular stanchion, etc.

The ship shares all of the crazy custom color choices of the Corvette created by Adam, you can fly around in your own hot pink ship if you want! I even divided the ship up into many different parts so that you can have even more customization.

The Atrium forcefield is tied to your glowy bits color choices(thank Jamz for that), there are 8 unique forcefield patterns.

There is no playable custom interior space for the forest/islands. That would be an incredible amount of work, and this ship was already tons of work to begin with.

The ship's sails animate when in sector space, they open up to reveal sails along with the rear 'rudder'.

Any other questions, within reason, and I will try to answer.

Thanks, and I hope you guys enjoy your time on Risa, I'll see you there!

-Nick

Just gave me a reason to not do the event. No new bridge and No special playable interior makes this ship useless. The lobi store can keep their ship.
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Wait, wait wait - the Galaxy "dreadnaught" can't have a LTC tactical, but this random luxury liner can? Once again a cruiser that puts the former flagship of Starfleet to shame - and it's a cruise liner. Buck that "Lobi consortium magic" dung, this is just stupid.

This is just sad!
    AKA Primus01, Lifetime member since January 16, 2010
    Windows 10 Pro
    Intel Core i7-5700
    RAM 32 GB
    2 Titan GTX 980M GDDR5 8 GB
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    cers001 wrote: »
    ah cryptic a Solaton wave was intended to replace standard warp drives on starships it was never a weapon but it did malfunction so this console is not a Solaton generator though it malfunctioned and went nuts

Who died and made you a super science expert on 25th century warp technology?

You know you are arguing about something that doesn't exist? Right? In which case, how do you know they didn't take the failed experiment and weaponise it into something so they could at least use it for something?

You are allowed to use your own brain and think outside the TV shows you know. You're welcome.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • loveofpurpleloveofpurple Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tmassx wrote: »
    Yay I expected something more funny and original than "another standard cruiser"

My tip:
    Hull : 38k
    Shield: 1.3
    Weapons: 3 fore 4 aft- fused defensive energy ball launcher creates 3 mines, 30 sec reload
    significantly reduce Flight Speed and Turn rate for 15 sec per mine and chance to confuse , this mines can not be destroyed by energy attacks (something against FAW spammers :)). That "mines" look like discoballs.
    Device: 4
    Bridge: cmdr. Eng , lt.cmrd Sci , 2x lt. Uni , ens. Eng
    Console: 2 Tac , 5 Eng , 3 Sci
    Base turn : 8
    Impulse: 0.25
    Inertia: 30
    +10 shield and +10 engine power
    Cruiser Communications Array
    bank , exchange , mail , dabo and tailor on board
    Console - universal - Deceleration field transmitter
    To all enemies within 3 km
    -30% flight speed , turn rate , power recharge speed and energy damage

This is actually more in line with what the converted cruise ship should be than the betterthanGalaxyDreadnought that it is.
    edited June 2014
    People whining about the boff layout over the Galaxy dread, you are missing out the fact it still only has 3 tac console slots. It also has no hangar bay. And the dread 2 set console bonus is fantastic.

Really blowing it out of proportion here, i would rather the dread still, although the Risian cruiser is a nice ship.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • deepspacenicedeepspacenice Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Been grinding for a decent lock box ship on the exchange fit for a ferengi - now abandoning that project in favor of this new boat. I really like this boat - don't care about numbers this time :cool: reminds me of my favorite movie: Weekend at Bernie's II
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,435 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No new bridge makes a ship "useless"???

In the wise words of Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    caldannach wrote: »
    People whining about the boff layout over the Galaxy dread, you are missing out the fact it still only has 3 tac console slots. It also has no hangar bay. And the dread 2 set console bonus is fantastic.

Really blowing it out of proportion here, i would rather the dread still, although the Risian cruiser is a nice ship.

Not only the dread, but also the R. The dread was only the ship they went out of their way to state that they never ever could include a LTC station change during the "revamp" because I don't know why. And the Galaxy R is still in a pathetic state and now the next "joke ship" they come up with is once again a better ship hands down?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just gave me a reason to not do the event. No new bridge and No special playable interior makes this ship useless. The lobi store can keep their ship.

It's no fair beating them up for not being able to fit it in. Ye cannae change the laws 'o available developer hours, Cap'n!
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    IKR?? I'm willing to bet that if they revamped the Galaxy with this layout and gave this Risian ship the current Galaxy layout but make leisure interiors and amenities within - you'd have both groups of players satisfied.
    But nooooo why give people what they want when we can have a half-arsed revamp and a half-arsed luxury liner?

This. Do this right here and a lot of people will be happy. And happy people open there wallets more.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • policestate76policestate76 Member Posts: 1,424 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A water boat flying and firing weapons? lol.. sorry, but no.

It looks pretty yup, for a boat, but not for a spaceship for god sake, i am not going to fly that thing. I want to feel im flying a space ship, not hmm, i dont know what to call it. I think the main atraction to any player was to have a ship with finally a good interior in which we could spent even more than a few minutes looking around and doing some stuff. And a place to "relax" with an original relax zone or something like that, and of course another incentive to grind for those swimsuits (we can use em in our ship interior no matter even if we are not physically in the risa map). That the other thing, im not going to grind for a costume that im going to be able to use only in 1 map, thats completely stupid.

And 3 tactical console slots?? are you kidding me?? lol. So, you put a tactical commander station and only 3 tactical console slots?? wtf... so many people will grind for this, in the belief of having a powerful tactical ship and they will find the opposite lol.

I dont think im going to grind for that, my main incentive was the custom interiors and the possibility to use the new swimsuits in more places but Risa.

I think this summer event is pointles, for me. Those who will "enjoy" it, for watever reason, im happy for em. But i dont think i will waste too much time going to Risa lol. So, at least, this summer event will be great for me cuz i know i wont miss anything :P
    edited June 2014
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Not only the dread, but also the R. The dread was only the ship they went out of their way to state that they never ever could include a LTC station change during the "revamp" because I don't know why. And the Galaxy R is still in a pathetic state and now the next "joke ship" they come up with is once again a better ship hands down?

Ok maybe the R, but the R is and always has been a support cruiser not a tac cruiser. Its even named a support cruiser. The dread is still a better tac ship, despite limited tac slots because it has 4 tac consoles.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jonsills wrote: »
    No new bridge makes a ship "useless"???

In the wise words of Inigo Montoya, "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

The ship is mediocre. The bridge interior would have been its saving grace.

Useless? Not completely, but you already got so many better cruiser options. Redundant (or unnecessary, or not needed) is a more accurate word.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Will the Corvette be a reward as well or just the Flying Titanic?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    This dev blog claims that the Dromias has all 4 comm arrays... is it wrong?
    I'm going with the Wiki needs updated with that. I looked them up on the wiki. anyways, that's also a lockbox ship. This is the first non-lockbox one.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lots of strange posts like everyone is intoxicated people compalaining over the galaxy dread...yep its time for the LOLwut? festival on risa :D
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tpalelena wrote: »
    The ship is mediocre. The bridge interior would have been its saving grace.

Useless? Not completely, but you already got so many better cruiser options. Redundant (or unnecessary, or not needed) is a more accurate word.

The EXTERIOR is pretty awesome. That makes me still want that thing.

And still: I love interiors but since the devs refuse to add any function to it THEY are literally useless. That means the interior has exactly ZERO influence on the actual USE of the ship (unless its functionality like the one of the freighters).

Interiors are pure vanity and even as such not very good since we have no reason to go there which is why (unlike other vanity like unforms) we don't actually see them very often. And because they are broken with the limited "vanity" use they have since we have no way to rule the BO seating on the bridge or any influence on the crew uniform. They don't even really work for RP for that reason.

Beeing disappointed I can understand... I'm very disappointed about that myself... but the statement "that makes them useless" is simply wrong.

I wish they would finally get around and invest work into bridges and interiors, but in the current state... if there is another interior/bridge never to visits or not doesn't make a big difference.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    saedeith wrote: »
    Will the Corvette be a reward as well or just the Flying Titanic?

if its like the winter event, the corvette should be around as well.
    edited June 2014
    The EXTERIOR is pretty awesome. That makes me still want that thing.

And still: I love interiors but since the devs refuse to add any function to it THEY are literally useless. That means the interior has exactly ZERO influence on the actual USE of the ship (unless its functionality like the one of the freighters).

Interiors are pure vanity and even as such not very good since we have no reason to go there which is why (unlike other vanity like unforms) we don't actually see them very often. And because they are broken with the limited "vanity" use they have since we have no way to rule the BO seating on the bridge or any influence on the crew uniform. They don't even really work for RP for that reason.

Beeing disappointed I can understand... I'm very disappointed about that myself... but the statement "that makes them useless" is simply wrong.

I wish they would finally get around and invest work into bridges and interiors, but in the current state... if there is another interior/bridge never to visits or not doesn't make a big difference.

Interiors could have a lot of uses like Doff missions and account back.

Maybe the luxury cruiser's bridge could have had an auction house, a normal bank, or mail perhaps? The Ferengi bridge had something like it.

That would give interiors a lot of use.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Yep - flying Titanic... with big guns...

Once those monstrosities start appearing i am going to rename one of my ships into USS Iceberg.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    edited June 2014
    questerius wrote: »
    Once those monstrosities start appearing i am going to rename one of my ships into USS Iceberg.

I think you win the thread. We now just need cryo space energy weapons.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think you win the thread. We now just need cryo space energy weapons.

I would love to use those on my breen ships.

Having said that, considering the ambient temperature in space i am not sure about the effectiveness of such weapons. Then again, this is star trek and anything is possible.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • revandarklighterrevandarklighter Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Interiors could have a lot of uses like Doff missions and account back.

Maybe the luxury cruiser's bridge could have had an auction house, a normal bank, or mail perhaps? The Ferengi bridge had something like it.

That would give interiors a lot of use.

They COULD have tons of use. Generally I personally think they should unlock some of those functions with DOFF ranks.

I doubt they'd give a "generally available" ship that functionality thee freighters and ferengie ships have.
    They repeatably stated "We won't add that functionality to the interiors because people would not visit the social zones any more (which is why we don't add ANY OF THE OTHER 5000 possible functionalities that would to have this effect to the interiors either, totally not because we are lazy)" which is an argument against Banks and Exchange I admit.

The ferengie and Freighter ships are rare so that works, but that cruiser... thats something perry much everyone around will end up with I guess. So I doubt it would have that functions even if it had a unique bridge/interior.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    questerius wrote: »

captain, an Iceberg is headind towards us!

Captan: Fire up the Tractor Beam repulsors! they wont be getting us!
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    caldannach wrote: »
    Ok maybe the R, but the R is and always has been a support cruiser not a tac cruiser. Its even named a support cruiser. The dread is still a better tac ship, despite limited tac slots because it has 4 tac consoles.

The only FED Cruiser referred to as support is the Ambassador Class. The base Galaxy is known as an Exploration Cruiser which you would think would be well designed to handle most situations on its own (i.e., deep space exploration is dangerous). The Galaxy needs an update to compensate for power creep and the poor specs it was initially given in the early days of the game. Dread-G is pure tac cruiser though it is also handicapped by original Galaxy poor specs.
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2014
    ME!!!! I just woke up... can I start the summer event already???

*Yawn*
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't know about anyone else, but I parked my character on Risa last night, now I'm stuck on the loading screen forever. My other alts that arn't on Risa load fine though.
  • gorngonzollagorngonzolla Member Posts: 172 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed response! I thought I would pop in and answer some questions about the Risian Luxury Cruiser that weren't clearly answered (or omitted) from the blog.
    Now here is where my question comes, if I have the Risian Corvette project slotted and have pearls in it, am I able to finish that, and then slot the Risian Luxury Liner or can you only claim the one ship?

Once you complete the Risian Corvette project you can kick off the Risian Luxury Cruiser project. You can ultimately claim both ships. You can of course kick off the Risian Luxury Cruiser project even if you haven't completed the Corvette's project. You get to pick.

It comes with Solar Sail Quantum Slipstream Drive. I guess that's sort of like Odyssey's or Vesta's faster slipstream. Or is it some activateable power?

It's exactly like the Odyssey's faster slipstream with a longer duration, however it isn't quite as fast. It's 1 Warp slower.

Wouldn't surprise me. Though it'll probably be "normal ship" vs. "10% stat increase lobi ship" or something like that. As with the Obelisk carriers, Dyson Science ships etc.

Just for clarification, there is no other version of this powerful ship. This is it! There will not be a C-Store upgrade, nor will there be a Lobi version of this ship.
    You say it comes with more customisation than the corvette. What do you mean?

Words won't do it justice. I believe additional images will be added to the blog post soon. By customization, I mean it has more colors, patterns and general options than the insanely customizable Risian Corvette. It's pretty crazy. The ship artists truly outdid themselves.
    How much will it cost us? (On the first character? On alts on that account?)

The first project on any character is 1000 Pearls. This applies an account unlock that reduces the cost of the next ship of the same time to 40 pearls (1 daily's worth) on ALL characters on that account. So, an efficient way of doing this would be to earn the 1000 on one character and unlock the account ship discount and then do a single daily mission on your alts.
    What is the 2 piece set bonus for the Risian starship consoles?

As another poster suggested, it is much like the Breen 2 piece console bonus. It provides a modest boost to both Starship Graviton Generators and Starship Particle Generators.

I hope this answers some of the more burning questions here. Again, I apologize for the delay in my response. I hope you all enjoy the summer event as much as I do.

Regards,
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski
  • worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Phil, you just made my day.

Only 40 pearls for alts? HELL YES.

This is a very good thing and you should feel very warm and fuzzy.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Words
    Thanks for your answers, gorngonzolla! Your answers are much appreciated.