test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Risa Summer Event

Comments

• qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Are you kidding me with the sandcastle nonsense? There's so few places to build sandcastles and A DOZEN TIMES more players trying to build something.

Fail.

Don't worry, you've got plenty of time, 15 minute cooldown after building one castle ! Enjoy your 2 favors ! :P
  • xlocutusofborgxxlocutusofborgx Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Pretty bad event to be frank. Fighting for castles, and half the time there TRIBBLE fast, and fail. Not to impressed. Another cryptic blunder.
    borgsignaturecopy2-zpse8618517.png
    R E S I S T A N C E - I S - F U T I L E
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    so yea, devs...can we get an update? several of my toons are stuck when loading the others can't do pearl challenges, and for the love of the gods tell me the sand castle thing isn't limited to those few spots on the east side beach...if so that was poor planning! update ona fix and please don't say were getting screwed out of today.
    They fixed it...

No...they didn't!
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Oh joy... a bonus mark event..and your cd is so long you miss it...
    and theres not enough spaces
    Way to go...
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hip63 wrote: »
    THE PLAN:

One Toon grinds for the 'vette while another toon grinds for the cruiser, all other alts have both ships two days later! :D
    Why two days later? Simo-grind your ships on two toons. On any two of those 25 days your other alts can run their two Dailies and just hold on to the 80 pearls. One the 25th day, after the discount is applied, you run your ship projects, and hey presto!, you got yet ships on the same day.

Your original ship-grinders would have to wait until the 26th day to run their last daily for their opposite ship, though.

:cool:

Regardless how you run it, the discount is pretty awesome, to be sure!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Honestly, I would have to agree with the Sandcastle complaints. It is way to hard to do this event when there are fewer buckets then players.

Given the cooldowns on events to get a decent amount of favors. I am not sure how long I will grind out this event.

Especially when I still find most of the swimwear "options" for male toons ugly.
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    Are you kidding me with the sandcastle nonsense? There's so few places to build sandcastles and A DOZEN TIMES more players trying to build something.

Fail.

Yeah...this is just slightly kinda completely totally broken.

50 player map capacity...and maybe a dozen sand castle spots. I don't even think there's that many.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can't figure out how to earn the things for the ship. I have a hoverboard but I can't find where I kick off a daily race or whatever it is to work towards getting the ship. :(
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • chaosgod777chaosgod777 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can't figure out how to earn the things for the ship. I have a hoverboard but I can't find where I kick off a daily race or whatever it is to work towards getting the ship. :(

you don't! its bugged! welcome to STO Events!
  • captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i still want to know from dev blog #22 what

"This ship is a space yacht with all the amenities" means...

doffing, mail, exchange, security officer for contraband, etc????

Been slacking on the dev blogs with these answers much like the discount alts get on accounts that already purchased the ship once.
    edited June 2014
    Honestly, I would have to agree with the Sandcastle complaints. It is way to hard to do this event when there are fewer buckets then players.

Given the cooldowns on events to get a decent amount of favors. I am not sure how long I will grind out this event.

Especially when I still find most of the swimwear "options" for male toons ugly.

That's the thing, you can't even really grind because everything is on timers..... :(
    edited June 2014
    i still want to know from dev blog #22 what

"This ship is a space yacht with all the amenities" means...

doffing, mail, exchange, security officer for contraband, etc????

Been slacking on the dev blogs with these answers much like the discount alts get on accounts that already purchased the ship once.

There are no amenities, a dev confirmed that in the blog thread.

And the discount is 960 pearls, so every character after the first pays only 40 pearls for a ship. The event projects mention that btw.

:)
  • stupidconversionstupidconversion Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, some characters still can't access the daily event, I have yet to see an open sand bucket or a castle without someone waiting for it after about the first hour, I just took first place in the race and got zero reward, the counter didn't even stop (I even went back over the "finish" flag and it didn't count it), and most characters are not seeing or hearing the announcements.

So, as usual, two broken thumbs up.

Seriously, it's like I never learn to avoid the first day of *anything*.
  • notrealednanotrealedna Member Posts: 1,028
    edited June 2014
    lol 2 favors for the sand castle....

So many people on that map not paying attention to each other ....great sociopathic game design.Everyone is focused on those 2 favors....repeat 500 times to get a outfit.

Btw if you want to get a locked outfit with lobies it will cost you more real money than that outfit would cost in real life....logic ftw.
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hey cryptic: that **** already got boring last year! :P let us pew!
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hey Cryptic, please turn on the Risa Event on Tribble so I can test drive things before I buy them on Holodeck.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited June 2014
    I remember thinking it was difficult to get enough Favors last year (I still don't have all of last year's costumes on all my toons).

I was happy to hear they added another event to for Favors, but it sounds like the Sandcastle event only awards 2 Favors? Please tell me this is a mistake, Cryptic?!? Because it sounds like a joke. :(

Especially when I saw some prices that were leaked on Tribble a month or so ago... Are Power Boards and Swimsuit prices between 1000-2000 Favors? Each? Per Character? For an event that only happens a month a year? (Yes, I know the map stays year 'round but there ain't much reason to visit during non-tourist season, heh.)

I'm happy to hear about the ship discount. That's a nice add. Sad about the Favors though.

So what's it take to get a monkey? I haven't heard details about that.

Also, what's the story on the Risian Duty Officers?

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi all,

Sorry for the delayed response! I thought I would pop in and answer some questions about the Risian Luxury Cruiser that weren't clearly answered (or omitted) from the blog.

[...]

The first project on any character is 1000 Pearls. This applies an account unlock that reduces the cost of the next ship of the same time to 40 pearls (1 daily's worth) on ALL characters on that account. So, an efficient way of doing this would be to earn the 1000 on one character and unlock the account ship discount and then do a single daily mission on your alts.

[...]

Regards,
    Phil "Gorngonzolla" Zeleski

Thanks, that was the one point of paramount importance.

Now could you lobby for some time devoted to create a Risian bridge?
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
    edited June 2014

You go do the jetpack race just like last year (located near beam in).
    Well, some characters still can't access the daily event, I have yet to see an open sand bucket or a castle without someone waiting for it after about the first hour, I just took first place in the race and got zero reward, the counter didn't even stop (I even went back over the "finish" flag and it didn't count it), and most characters are not seeing or hearing the announcements.

Actually...you have to GET the flag for 1st/2nd/3rd/Finish via the interaction key.

And on a hoverboard that can seriously move (especially the higher ranked ones)...that's a ROYAL pain in the rear to not just FLY past it.

As for sand castles...yeah, you have to wait for the old ones to fall apart (which seems to take 10-15 minutes) before you can build there. Also, you have to GET the quest for them first (located near the Promenade) before you can build one. Then you look/beg/steal for a free bucket somewhere.

You get the monkey token things by doing the hoverboard race. Like the Epoff thing from the Winter event, you get 12/6/3/2 tokens for 1st/2nd/3rd/Just Finish for the race, and you need 6 of them to raise a monkey. Works just like the Epoffs/Birds past that.

The DOffs are available on the Promenade for I think 200/1000 (depending on Blue/Purple DOff) basic tokens (gotten by doing just anything).

Swimsuits are I think 500/750/1000 and bought by the basic tokens yet again. And frankly cost WAY too much for something you can use exactly on ONE planet, but hey, what do I know?
    edited June 2014
    somebob wrote: »
    ...The DOffs are available on the Promenade for I think 200/1000 (depending on Blue/Purple DOff) basic tokens (gotten by doing just anything).

Swimsuits are 500/750/1000 and bought by the basic tokens yet again. And frankly cost WAY too much for something you can use exactly on ONE planet, but hey, what do I know?
    Thanks Bob. By "basic tokens" do you mean the Favors?

edited June 2014
    Thanks Bob. By "basic tokens" do you mean the Favors?

Correct.

/10char
  • venkouvenkou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lol 2 favors for the sand castle....

So many people on that map not paying attention to each other ....great sociopathic game design.Everyone is focused on those 2 favors....repeat 500 times to get a outfit.

Btw if you want to get a locked outfit with lobies it will cost you more real money than that outfit would cost in real life....logic ftw.
    I was happy to hear the added another event to for Favors, but it sounds like the Sandcastle event only awards 2 Favors? Please tell me this is a mistake, Cryptic?!? Because it sounds like a joke. :(
    somebob wrote: »
    Swimsuits are 500/750/1000 and bought by the basic tokens yet again. And frankly cost WAY too much for something you can use exactly on ONE planet, but hey, what do I know?

Within one of the other blog threads, I mentioned about how the grindfest would work.

Hahaha... Hahaha... Hahahah... Hahaha...

Resources x Daily Rewards x Effort x Timegate = Not Worth Playing the Summer Event.

Everything in the reputation system has a similar problem.

Overpriced.
    Long Timegates.
    High Dilithium Costs.
    Limited Usage.

rofl... Its not worth playing.

Cryptic is sinking "Star Trek: Online" like a brick.

I think the elephant in the room is that you cannot use 90% of this stuff on other maps.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd just like to give whoever thought 5 sand castle spots was enough a great, big...

...Leroy Jethro Gibbs slap to the back of the head. Thanks. No, I mean it, really. Smooth move.
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Did you see Taco's cryptic comment in the other thread about that?

No I hadn't, thanks for linking that. It does give some hope that there's something cool coming... I'll reserve my judgment on that until we get more info about it.

I'm still greatly disappointed by the "This ship is a space yacht with all the amenities" ship not having any amenities, though. It's kind of like the Event Coordinator not coordinating any events at the moment. I'd have happily traded the exterior sails and the Blast Door/Forest/Island bits for something that I could actually walk around in and use.

I'll still go for the ship just to try flying it, but it really lost the potential to be something special when the interior got cut out of the design process. The glaring red Klingon interior just doesn't scream "Luxury Cruiser" to me :P
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I as able to start the daily floater event... I just had to have a floater equipped...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Surfbort...

Surfbort...
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    would be niffty if the npc of last year would provide us the race. no one seems to know where to get that pearl mission or how to start it.
    It seems to only be available if you have a floater equipped, otherwise that dialog button does not appear.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • kolln95kolln95 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dear Cryptic,

Just once please give out a patch without bugs.

Horga'hn Hunt event is 15-min event, but it is halted after the 14th minute! I've lost the bonus 2 times already because of this!!!

Also all events has an unfollowable schedule...

And just for fun, on a huge part of the beach there are 2-3 sand building tools for 50 players in an instance whenever the Sand building event is on!!!

So please do some update as well...

Hussar Guardian Forces
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    6 build castle spots at 50 people map o.O are you insane?
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I was happy to hear they added another event to for Favors, but it sounds like the Sandcastle event only awards 2 Favors? Please tell me this is a mistake, Cryptic?!? Because it sounds like a joke. :(

5 during the bonus event! Wooo Yeeaaaa! Of course, you won't even get that, since there are like 6 buckets and 50 players.

1) Can we replicate more buckets? Or better yet
    2) Can we replace this event with something that earns, dare I hope, double digit favors?