test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Risa cave secret? (Team Investigating) We have our eyes on you cave people ;)

Comments

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    OK...

So how are they doing it, and how righteously angry should I be?

I don't think we can talk specifics lol. The thread will be closed and books thrown at people.

Give the thread another read through, I think you will be able to put the pieces together.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    worffan101 wrote: »
    OK...

So how are they doing it, and how righteously angry should I be?

Well, one possibility is that they aren't dilithium farming but EC farming somehow and converting the EC into key purchases and key purchases into illicit cash sales.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    zorbane wrote: »
    I don't think we can talk specifics lol. The thread will be closed and books thrown at people.

Give the thread another read through, I think you will be able to put the pieces together.

Lately, devs have relaxed their stance on this which is why I've been so forward, encouraging people to post things thatcan be fixed even if they do touch on exploits. I suspect this is a quiet D'Angelo decision given his interest in technical features.

If you'd like, you can PM me or drop me an in-game mail (@Leviathan99). I won't post anything you tell me directly but I'll see if I can't cook up a workaround when I get a chance.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    jjdez wrote: »
    Have you been to Defera in say, the last two years? Or tried using the quick equip 'feature', WITHOUT using PLAYER-FOUND work arounds?

Refer to the first word of the following sentence, and read my first comment above again:

I have had zero issues with Quick Equip aside from once. I just changed maps and selected my build again and it fixed.

Quick Equip does tell you that it only saves tray and DOff loadouts in space (in which case, IMHO, they really should make QE only usable in space; would probably also fix the item duping issue which seems tied to having a ship selector open while using QE).
  • Options
    jjdezjjdez Member Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have had zero issues with Quick Equip aside from once. I just changed maps and selected my build again and it fixed.

Quick Equip does tell you that it only saves tray and DOff loadouts in space (in which case, IMHO, they really should make QE only usable in space; would probably also fix the item duping issue which seems tied to having a ship selector open while using QE).

Either you don't change your build/layout much, or you are about the luckiest person in-game right now. I know exactly how a build is 'supposed' to be saved and loaded, but parts of setups will still revert to previously saved builds that don't exist anymore. Even if that doesn't happen, there's still the old dropping-all-your-boffs-for-no-reason bug.

The point being, we (the players) shouldn't have to create fixes for Cryptic bugs. What they offer to us in game should work, not need extra actions or work-arounds.
  • Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nortyfiner wrote: »
    We are limited to 8000 refined dil per day, plus 500 more daily from a fleet mine, plus another 1000 every other day from the Academy refining quest, so we'll call that 9000 refined dil per day total.

Given that limited rate, and the slow observable buildup of dil on my own toons, I had always wondered where the heck people got the literally millions of refined dil in the Dilithium Exchange. I guess now I know... *sigh* :(

The Refine Limit isn't going to do squat!!

Lets say they have 20 characters on a given account, and ONLY doing the Investigative Reports mission. That's 19200 Dilthium per account. Which can immediately be sold in the Zen store, which turns out to be 192 Zen (at current market value at 152) per day.

Now say they been doing that for a month! That's 5760 ZEN. Then factor in the multiple accounts farming Dilithum and converting that into Lockbox keys, that's going to hurt the economy.

Now do you see the problem?
  • Options
    gashvagisilgashvagisil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The Refine Limit isn't going to do squat!!

Lets say they have 20 characters on a given account, and ONLY doing the Investigative Reports mission. That's 19200 Dilthium per account. Which can immediately be sold in the Zen store, which turns out to be 768 Zen (at current market value at 152).

Now say they been doing that for a month! That's 23040 ZEN! That's $230 per account, per month!

Now do you see the problem?

Yes, I see the problem, you've made a strange error with your math.

Assuming 20 chars per account and only doing the IR would indeed add up to 19,200 dil/acct, but that works out to 126 Zen at the current market value of 152 dil/Zen (not 768). That means that after 30 days, the value would be 3,780 Zen (<$38), not 23,040 ($230).
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Exploiters would be unlikely to pay $300 for an LTS because they're using multiple accounts for volume. As it stands now, the likely scenario would be that a group of exploiters makes around $10 per month, per account. With an LTS stipend, they'd make maybe another $3 a month. For their operations, I'd guess they're running 40 accounts at once and that a number of these are getting quietly banned. LTS would not be cost effective.

You make a fair point perhaps about silver but the principle seems to stand for me that if normal, non-exploitative activity is raising your refinement cap to 8000 (who doesn't primarily play missions or queued events?) and spending EC is an alternative to actively playing, the people driven off by the EC cost aren't actively playing anyway.

leave the exploit killing to Cryptic

EDIT: I removed the rest of my post to simply get to my point, instead of making a personal attack.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If they are fluffing the tribble, they must have ground a character on the Tribble Server for the Dil one. The Fleet one isn't actively attainable at the moment. But I'm sure some people would be dumb enough to exploit on their main account.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    gashvagisilgashvagisil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    <snip> ...leave the exploit killing to Cryptic .
    Jarodroto123

This is the most rational statement I've read in 28 pages.
  • Options
    jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is the most rational statement I've read in 28 pages.

When you snip out the rest of my original post it is, the rest was a PO'd rant when I saw Leviathan's Dilithium Cap suggestion. My apologies to any who read that before i deleted it, while the basic premise stands the way i phrased it was an attack, which was by no means my original intent.

I'm humble too :D
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Have to say this is one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a long time.

So a few have snowballed them, but why hasn't anyone disco balled on these guys yet!?
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still have no idea what this thread is about.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    kavase wrote: »
    Have to say this is one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a long time.

So a few have snowballed them, but why hasn't anyone disco balled on these guys yet!?

i did, it doesn't do anything. they still fade in and out, they just do it while dancing.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    kavasekavase Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    arrmateys wrote: »
    i did, it doesn't do anything. they still fade in and out, they just do it while dancing.

Ah, very good, worth a shot. So wait, they dance AND pet the tribbles at the same time!? Very disturbing results.
    Retired. I'm now in search for that perfect space anomaly.
  • Options
    arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    no tribbles. in sf academy they just fade in and out. i checked out risa before, but it was empty, i guess the place was abandoned.

maybe the people using the thing there were just a group of guys wanting to get some extra dil, rather than farmer bots who then send you scam offers through mail.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • Options
    thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ok i started the thread maybe its time to finish it,unless i get at least a lollipop i think ill close the topic,none of those plain sugary lollipops :D
  • Options
    askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thelata wrote: »
    ok i started the thread maybe its time to finish it,unless i get at least a lollipop i think ill close the topic,none of those plain sugary lollipops,has to be a jem hadar attack ship worthy lollipop,or game wide accolation :D

Dare to share how you'll close this thread? ;)

And people do remember that naming & shaming, that includes in screen shots is not allowed.
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, one possibility is that they aren't dilithium farming but EC farming somehow and converting the EC into key purchases and key purchases into illicit cash sales.

It's dilithium.

You're gonna have to take my word for it lol...I don't wanna get in trouble

EDIT: This is inregards to the SFA dudes, no clue what happened at Risa
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    prierinprierin Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmmm... if it is an exploit that Cryptic is aware of but chooses to do nothing aobut, can it not merely be considered content rather than an exploit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You will forever be missed and never forgotten.
  • Options
    aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I still have no idea what this thread is about.

It's about large groups of alts chain-petting their Tribbles in odd places. Why, what did you think it might have been? :cool:
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's about large groups of alts chain-petting their Tribbles in odd places. Why, what did you think it might have been? :cool:

Man, I should start petting tribbles with all my alts in odd places just make people waste some GM's time.

(I'm not actually going to do that)
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    prierin wrote: »
    Hmmm... if it is an exploit that Cryptic is aware of but chooses to do nothing aobut, can it not merely be considered content rather than an exploit?

As the thread title states, they are investigating this...odd player fun time in a cave. However, in general just because they don't mention everything about an exploit doesn't mean it's content in their minds. 99% of the time they won't talk about an exploit publicly as that leads to more harm than good.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Man, I should start petting tribbles with all my alts in odd places just make people waste some GM's time.

(I'm not actually going to do that)

I wouldn't doubt that its possible or even likely that they're simply doing that out of humor or to mess with people. In fact maybe I should do something like that now just to mess with people.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    westx211 wrote: »
    I wouldn't doubt that its possible or even likely that they're simply doing that out of humor or to mess with people. In fact maybe I should do something like that now just to mess with people.

There are sounds that we know signal a player is using the foundry. Normally petting a tribble won't troll anyone.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    askray wrote: »
    As the thread title states, they are investigating this...odd player fun time in a cave. However, in general just because they don't mention everything about an exploit doesn't mean it's content in their minds. 99% of the time they won't talk about an exploit publicly as that leads to more harm than good.

That's fair enough. As I said in an earlier post, I am anti-exploit of any degree. However, my point was that if complaints about it are not responded to, should we not just learn to accept it and not allow it to ruin our own gameplay?

Now that I see Cryptic is looking into it, however, that changes the discussion considerably.

Thanks for your response.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    askray wrote: »

This isn't Cryptic's version of LOST is it? Weird things happening on an island...

What's so special about the cave? I have to know! :confused:
    [Grabs duffel bag of tribbles and heads to Risa.]
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    This isn't Cryptic's version of LOST is it? Weird things happening on an island...

I'm not allowed to answer that question....

• Options
    edited May 2014
    I've just relaizes - I've NEVER been to Risa - on any of my toons.

Time to take a vacation, I think.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tecbulltecbull Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The folks beaming in and out of SFA make no beaming sound. They're nearly all lvl 50's, fly a light cruiser, have 410-430 accolade points, attach
    Oil, because Matter-Antimatter reactors haven't been invented yet... Please Hurry!
This discussion has been closed.