test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Risa cave secret? (Team Investigating) We have our eyes on you cave people ;)

Comments

• azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Looks like lots of them are alt accounts. Especially the ones at SFA.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »
    Why ban players for making use of an opportunity? They've done nothing wrong. If Cryptic doesn't want players to use this legitimate functionality, patch the code and move on.
    They have taken advantage of an exploit. And yes, that is something wrong, as it is against the terms of service and not "legitimate functionality" at all.
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They stopped logging in when Voporak and I pelted them with snowballs ,messing up the bot cycles.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
    edited May 2014
    Too bad they can't turn off Foundry access to these zones. I reported like 40 alts in less than 10 minutes at SFA. Stopped reporting in fearing CSR might ban me for spamming. :P

At this rate, I fear they will end up turning off the Foundry. :(

Worse case, they will leave it off until they upgrade the Foundry program and fix the flaws.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »
    Why ban players for making use of an opportunity? They've done nothing wrong. If Cryptic doesn't want players to use this legitimate functionality, patch the code and move on.

I hope they dont remove the dilithium bonus to my tribble because of this, its only 5 but its still 5. As much as anyone of us would like an easy bonus to dil (and im gathering that they found a way to cheat the tribble bonus) its stealing, just like going to a fast food and dumping in some more fries into your bag when they arent looking. When you cheat the game, you cheat the guys who make a living off of this game you enjoy so much...you wouldnt want someone grabbing from your plate would u??
  • hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How do we know its an actual exploit, and not just sinful tribble petting? :eek:
  • conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Gamers suck and will cheat every chance they get.

In other news:

Water is wet

and

The sun rose in the east today.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    They have taken advantage of an exploit. And yes, that is something wrong, as it is against the terms of service and not "legitimate functionality" at all.

What he said. Seriously. "That bank didn't secure it's vault, so don't send me to prison for taking something that didn't belong to me." That's the mentality of it. Justify doing something you know you shouldn't. Sad really.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I'm finding this thread fascinating, probably nothing but still fascinating :P :P
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Needless to say, yes its these people who keep holding us back as they fix problems with the Foundry. We can't have nice things because of them.

I'd say it's more accurate to blame the people who keep adding the problems to the Foundry...but maybe that's just me? :confused:
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    If they are using missions to grind dilithium very fast, it's not legitimate, it's an exploit with the foundry.

The foundry is for playing stories, not making thousands of dilithium in seconds.

Do you have any prove or just guessing ??
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd say it's more accurate to blame the people who keep adding the problems to the Foundry...but maybe that's just me? :confused:

Seriously, this isn't baby's first MMO. Surely they know by now how people will exploit things.
  • pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it could simply be a fleet knowing that most forum users like to tittle tattle and you're all getting trolled.
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    deleted. I've decided to be the bigger person here.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • vocmcpvocmcp Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No furries in the cave at the moment............
  • knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The fact that you guys are turning this into a witch hunt/circus act is hilarious. Players always find exploits and some even take pride in doing it. It's the nature of the beast. Anybody bring popcorn to this party?
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • schneemann83schneemann83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A shady, malicious?, cult, (ab)used poor helpless pets, a dark cave, the troubled populace of Risa... get your act together Cryptic - in any other gaming forums this thread would be about the latest epic quest, instead of the (possibly) newest exploit. :rolleyes:
  • catstarstocatstarsto Member Posts: 2,149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pwefail wrote: »
    it could simply be a fleet knowing that most forum users like to tittle tattle and you're all getting trolled.

We always feel the sting of a nerfbat, it disrupts our peace in the game when we should be having fun. it doesnt take much for them to wanna take back something they think may be yelled about as overpowered or an exploit. I like that tribbles bonus and I like FOundry missions...its not the cheaters that decide to take stuff away from us, its the company! I wont cheat, but if i report someone who is, ill get punished with em when they change or remove something to get at an exploit. Like taking foundry down, or eliminating a bonus to stop the exploit. :(
    edited May 2014

If that's the case then PWE wouldn't be investigating the issue. :rolleyes:
    edited May 2014
    Caught one of them still there using the exploit as of this morning.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • aloishammeraloishammer Member Posts: 3,294 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Please let it be so...this would be belly-laugh fuel for a month straight. :D
  • thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    wow never knew my thread would get this much attention :D
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    is this the cave in the Classic Beach or the Summer Event caves?
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
    edited May 2014
    is this the cave in the Classic Beach or the Summer Event caves?

Classic. I do not think summer Event even has foundry interacts.
  • organicmanfredorganicmanfred Member Posts: 3,236 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    thelata wrote: »
    wow never knew my thread would get this much attention :D

as soon as a thread could involve s.. as theme, it goes up. The postcount I mean. :D
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If the team are looking into it then they need to check out the bushes at SFA, the ones to the north of the map appear to be the home of a bunch of "console clickers", the toons all have random generated names, are all different ranks, none of them are in a fleet and they all fly the light cruiser.

Which makes me think they are all gold farmers/sellers.
  • thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just saw some "clickers" in the plant room on Bajor. It was a bunch of people logging in and out.
  • rustiswordzrustiswordz Member Posts: 824 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Been hanging around Risa, seen a lot of ships go in and out but that could be anything. Hmmm... piqued my interest. LOL :D
    Monkey see, Monkey do. Monkey flings Feathered Monkey poo... :D
  • tarastheslayertarastheslayer Member Posts: 1,541 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2014
    knuhteb5 wrote: »
    The fact that you guys are turning this into a witch hunt/circus act is hilarious. Players always find exploits and some even take pride in doing it. It's the nature of the beast. Anybody bring popcorn to this party?

I have, this one is entertaining :)
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head. - Euripides
    I no longer do any Bug Hunting work for Cryptic. I may resume if a serious attempt to fix the game is made.
  • coolheadalcoolheadal Member Posts: 1,253 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Your talking about the cave on top of the mountain. I have been there a few times in the day and night on Risa. First time there was player wearing all black and dark black sun glasses he was in odd location in the cave. Other than that really haven't see anything out of the blue. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Time will only tell!
This discussion has been closed.